秘 密 花 园
1947年 印度
印度和巴基斯坦分治前夕
时局动荡 成千上万的家庭因战乱和疾病而逃难
阿嬷 我们要走了 阿嬷
Ayah, we're leaving now. Ayah!
-把车开过来 拜托了 -是 长官
- Bring the car round! Please! - Yes, sir.
杰迈玛
Jemima?
你睡得着吗
Can you sleep?
你害怕吗
Are you scared?
别害怕
Don't be.
我给你讲个故事吧
Shall I tell you a story?
从前 有两个人 拉玛
There were once two people called Rama...
和西塔
and Sita.
他们彼此相爱
And they loved each other.
他们每天都一起唱歌♥跳舞
They spent their days dancing and singing together.
有一天 西塔被邪恶的恶魔拉瓦纳掳走了
And then Sita was kidnapped by the evil demon Ravana.
阿嬷
Ayah?
阿嬷 阿嬷
Ayah? Ayah!
父亲
Father?
爸爸
Daddy?
我们该睡会儿了 杰迈玛
Time for our nap, Jemima.
从前 有两个人 玛丽和杰迈玛
There were once two people called Mary and Jemima.
他们每天都给对方讲故事听
They spent their days telling stories to each other.
有一天
And then one day,
他们的父母
their mother and father were kidnapped
被邪恶的恶魔拉瓦纳掳走了
by the evil demon Ravana...
留下他们两个孤苦伶仃
leaving them all alone.
据我所知 她母亲
As I understand it, her mother was
突然染上霍乱
struck down with cholera very suddenly.
她父亲连夜送她母亲去医院
Her father rushed her mother to hospital.
她当晚就病逝了 第二天早上 她父亲也走了
She died that night, her father the following morning.
她不能待在这
She can't stay here.
她有个姨夫在英国
Well, she has an uncle in England.
我们会把她和其他孩子一起送回英国
We'll send her back with the other children.
真恶心
It's disgusting.
那你要饿肚子的
Then you're gonna be very hungry.
我没说给你
I never said you could do that.
你也没说不给 你不吃我吃
You didn't say I couldn't. If you weren't eating it, I will.
你没听明白 我需要更像样的饭菜
You don't understand. I need better food than this.
我父母双亡
My parents are dead.
谁不是呢
We've all lost, girl.
你想听我讲个故事吗
Would you like to hear a story?
不想 我又不是小孩
No. I'm not a kid.
从前 有一位海洋之王
There once was a lord of the seas.
他叫伐楼拿
His name was Varuna, and...
他...
he...
我不是小孩
I'm not a kid.
你真是个平平无奇的小丫头 不是吗
You are a plain little piece of goods, aren't you?
别奢望过上好日子
Don't expect luxury.
米瑟斯韦特已经今非昔比了
Misselthwaite is not the place it was.
打仗的时候陆军那帮野蛮人用那里做医院
Those army savages used it as a hospital in the war,
如今一片狼藉
left it a wreck.
你不在乎吗
Don't you care?
我在乎又能怎么样
Does it matter if I care or not?
你真是个怪胎 不是吗
You are an odd duck, aren't you?
那是大海吗
Is that the sea?
不 那是荒野
No, it's the moors.
只有野马和野羊能在那生存
Nothing lives on but wild ponies and sheep.
到了 那就是你家
And there you have it. That's home.
那就是米瑟斯韦特
That's Misselthwaite.
你姨夫不会出来迎接你的
And don't expect him to come running, your uncle.
他现在不是很好
He's had better days.
等你看到他的毛病 别盯着看
And you're not to stare when you see what afflicts him.
首先 这里全都通了电
First things first, we are fully electric.
但这不意味着电器都是好的
That doesn't mean the electric always works.
所以 要是你夜里要如厕 就拿上一盏油灯
So, if you're needing the lavatory in the night, you take a lamp.
其次 克雷文先生是个鳏夫 他一个人住
Secondly, Mr. Craven is a widower and on his own.
他承诺很快就会请个人来照顾你
He's promised he'll have someone to tend to you soon enough.
但在那之前 别指望有人能跟你说上话
But until then, don't be expecting there'll be people to talk to,
因为这没别人了
'cause there won't.
我不需要别人陪我玩 我不是小孩
I need no entertaining. I'm not a child.
之后你会知道哪些房♥间可以进
You'll be told what rooms you can go into,
哪些房♥间是不能进的
and what rooms you're to keep out of.
但在那之前 你只能进出自己的房♥间
But until then, you stick to your rooms and your rooms only.
不要好奇打探 四处乱逛
No exploring, no poking about.
我向你保证 梅洛夫人
I assure you, Mrs. Medlock,
我对"到处乱逛"完全没有兴趣
I've no interest in "poking about."
母亲
Mother?
我要爬上去了 母亲看我 快看
I'm climbing. Mother, look. Please!
是谁
Hello?
有人吗
Is anybody there?
是谁
Hello?
有人吗
Is someone there?
不 先生 求你了 放着吧
No, sir. Please, leave those.
陆军会来收走它们的
The army will come and collect them.
走吧
Come on.
进屋去
Come inside.
你是谁
Who are you?
你就是这么打招呼的吗
What's that for a greeting?
叫我玛莎就好 你就是玛丽吧
You'll call me Martha. And you're Mary, I hear.
今天挺冷的 但春天就快来了
Quite chilly today, but spring is on its way.
我弟弟迪肯就是这么说的 他总是在荒野上
That's what my brother Dickon says. He's always out on the moor.
我夜里觉得冷 叫人来但没人理我
I was cold in the night and no one heard my call.
那时我们应该也睡下了
I'm guessing we were sleeping too.
我听到有动静
And I heard noises.
哭声 尖叫声
Wailing. Screaming.
你听到的是风声 仅此而已
No, you heard the wind, that's all.
我一叫我的阿嬷 她马上就会过来
My Ayah would come if I needed her.
不管你阿嬷是谁 反正她不在这 对吗
Whoever Ayah is, she's sure as not here, is she?
你不是我的仆人吗
But aren't you going to be my servant?
我只负责给壁炉生火
I'm just to check the fire's lit,
整理下房♥间 给你送食物
the room's shipshape and you've had food in you.
快起来梳洗 你的粥要凉了
Come on, get up and ready. Your porridge is getting cold.
我不吃粥
I don't eat porridge.
早餐我想吃培根和鸡蛋
For my breakfast, I like bacon and eggs.
我也想吃培根和鸡蛋 但这只有粥 快吃吧
I like 'em too. But you've got porridge. Now, eat.
可你得帮我更衣
But you need to dress me.
帮你更衣 你不会更衣吗
Dress you? Do you not know how?
我母亲总是说她不明白
Me mother always says she can't see
为什么有钱人的孩子没有变成傻瓜
why grand people's children didn't turn out to be fools,
像小狗一样要人帮忙梳洗更衣
what with being washed and dressed and took out to walk
带出去散步
as if they were puppies.
我之前还很开心家里要来个小孩呢
And there I was, excited to have a young 'un in the house.
不重要 这无关紧要
It doesn't matter! This is of no importance.
这些东西不能堆在这里不管
We can't just leave them all piled up like this.
那就扔掉 全都扔掉 烧掉 我不在乎
Well, get rid of them! Throw them away. Burn them. I don't care!
家里没有这些东西更好
The house will be better without them!
那这个呢
What about this one?
拜托 我不需要想起她
Please, I don't need to be reminded of her.
她不在了
She's gone.
One, two...
Thirty-one...
Fifty-seven, fifty-eight...
Seventy-six, seventy-seven, seventy-eight...
是谁
Hello?
你是玛莎的弟弟吗
Are you Martha's brother?
回来
Come back!
别
No!
好了 现在你吃饱了 可以走了
There you are. Now you're fed. You can go now.
你敢过来试试 靠太近了
Don't you dare. It's far too close!
给我走开
I want you to go!
不可思议
Of all the silly things.
你是在跟踪我吗
Are you following me?
玛丽 玛丽
Mary! Mary?