"lf I could just go back.
If I could rub everything out,
starting with myself.
Starting with borrowing a jacket."
♪Oh, such fleeting paradise♪
♪Such innocent delight♪
Frances, that was lovely.
You're so kind, thank you.
精彩绝伦 精彩绝伦 太享受了
Marvellous, marvellous. Most enjoyable.
Herbert Greenleaf. My wife, Emily.
Thank you. Tom Ripley.
- How do you do? - You were at Princeton.
Most likely you'll know our son, Dick. Dickie Greenleaf.
- I couldn't help noticing your jacket. - Yes.
Class of '56.
How is Dickie?
We've enjoyed meeting you.
I do hope that you'll come out and see us.
-谢谢 您真是太好了 -欢迎你们都过来
- Thank you. That's very kind. - Both of you.
-赫伯特 -是的 是的 我也很希望如此
- Herbert? - Yes, yes. I very much hope so.
Of course, Dickie's idea of music is jazz.
- Oh, dear. - He has a saxophone.
To my ear, jazz is just noise.
Just an insolent noise.
- Very nice to meet you. - And you.
- We'll see you at the shipyard. - I hope to.
- Good. - Okay.
I have to run, I'm very late!
- Ah, you were great! - You were great.
Darling couple, aren't they?
Yes, they are. Exceptional young man.
- Thanks a lot for the jacket. - Thanks for filling in for me.
照顾好你的手腕 再见 弗兰
Take care of that wrist. Bye, Fran.
相信我 在IBM公♥司♥拆分前 赶快买♥♥入它的股票
Believe me. Buy IBM now, before it splits.
- You'll make yourself a fortune. - You think so?
You've probably heard Dickie's been living in Italy.
Mongibello, south of Naples.
No kind of place at all.
-早上好 先生 -早 弗兰克
- Good morning, sir. - Frank.
Marge, his young lady,
is supposedly writing some kind of book.
God only knows what he does.
By all accounts, they spend
the whole time on the beach or in a sailboat.
That's my son's talent, spending his allowance.
Could you ever conceive of going to Italy, Tom?
Persuade my son to come home?
I'd pay you.
A thousand dollars.
我一直很想去欧洲 先生 但是...
Well, I have always wanted to go to Europe, sir, but...
Good. Now you can go for a reason.
Duke Ellington? I don't know.
I don't know.
I don't know.
"My Funny Valentine"...
I don't even know if this is a man or a woman.
萨克斯演奏家查理·帕克 我知道 外号♥鸟
Charlie Parker. I know it! It's Bird.
-来 给我吧 -谢谢
- Here. I'll take it. - Thanks.
That thousand bucks should come in handy.
-是的 先生 -我来开
- Yes, sir. - I'll get that.
- Thank you. - Sir.
You're gonna have a great trip.
Mr Greenleaf is personal friends with the Cunard people.
I can tell you, the Greenleaf name
opens a lot of doors.
- Do you speak English? - What you name, please?
-瑞普利 -跟我来 不用担心
- Ripley. - Follow me. No problem.
-这边 瑞普利先生 -好的
- Here, Signor Ripley. - Okay.
-是这个吗 -在那边 那个
- This? - Uh, there. That one.
-这个 -等等 就这么多吗 数一下
- This one. - Wait, is that all? Count them.
-只有一个箱子吗 瑞普利先生 -是的
- Just one suitcase, Signor Ripley? - Si.
Questa parte, signora.
稍等 小姐 就一会儿
Un attimo, signora, solo un minuto.
What's your secret?
No, it's just that...
You are American, aren't you?
No, it's just that...
I have so much luggage, and you're so, um,
It's, you know, humiliating.
Il Suo foglio per la dogana, signora.
I'm Meredith, by the way.
Hello, I'm Dickie.
- Um, Dickie Greenleaf. - Hello.
You're not the shipping Greenleafs.
Oh, trying not to be.
Trying to jump ship.
did they put your cases in the wrong pile?
It's just that, uh,
you were in the "R" stand.
I thought I saw you there...
My father wants me back in New York.
He builds boats, I'd rather sail them.
So I travel under my mother's name.
- Which is... - Emily.
I'm just kidding.
You know, the funny thing is,
I'm not Randall either.
- As in... - As in the textile Logues.
Trying to shrug off the dress.
- I travel under my mother's name too. - Randall.
罗马 罗马 罗马
So, Rome, Rome, Rome.
We're partners in disguise.
- Bye. - Bye.