好了
All right, then.
我们说到哪了
Where were we?
对了 想起来了
Oh, yeah, that's right. Now I remember.
"女巫二三事"
"A note about witches."
关于女巫你们得知道
See, here's the thing about them.
她们是真的
They're real!
女巫千真万确存在
Witches are as real as a rock in your shoe.
这是第一件事
That's the first thing you need to know.
你们得知道的第二件事就是
The second thing you need to know,
她们就在这里
they're here!
隐匿于我们当中
And they live amongst us...
和人类共同生活
side by side, with humans.
不论是大城市 还是小乡镇
In every big city, in every small town.
谁知道呢
For all you know,
说不定你家隔壁就住着女巫
a witch might be living right next door to you right now.
她们无处不在
They everywhere!
护士可能是女巫
A witch might be a nurse,
老师也可能是
or your teacher,
你最好相信我说的
and you can bet your sweet patootie
公车上那个送你美味的盐水太妃糖的
that friendly, little old lady on the bus offering you
看似友善的小老太婆
a delicious piece of salt water taffy
也是个女巫
is a witch.
而最重要的一点
And here's the most important thing.
最重要的一点是
The most important thing.
女巫对小孩恨之入骨
Witches hate children!
女巫每时每刻
A witch spends all her time
都在思考消灭小孩的法子
thinking up ways to destroy children.
她满脑子就只有这一件事
That's all she thinks about.
"我该怎么压扁这个可恶的小孩"
"How will I squish this horrible child?"
女巫从压扁小孩当中获得的乐趣
A witch gets the same pleasure from squishing a child
正如你们吃冰淇淋所获得的欢乐一样
as you get from eating a bowl of ice cream
冰淇淋上洒满奶油糖浆
covered in butterscotch syrup,
再加点奶油
with whipped cream,
坚果碎
chopped nuts,
顶上再放颗樱桃
and a cherry on top.
我的故事始于1968年的最后一个月
My story begins during the last month of 1968.
相信吗 我曾经是个小男孩
Believe it or not, I was once a young boy.
有爸爸妈妈的小男孩
A boy with a mother and a father.
我们那时住在芝加哥
We lived in Chicago.
圣诞时分经常下雪
And it snows a lot at Christmas time.
雪最令人头疼的一点就是 它很滑
Tricky thing with snow is, it's slippery.
-去前面 这边 -妈妈
- Take the front! This way! - Mom?
-我系了安全带 -爸爸
- I was wearing my seat belt. - Dad?
妈妈
Mom!
可我爸妈没系
Mama and Daddy weren't.
妈妈 爸爸
Mama! Dad!
妈妈 爸爸
Mommy! Dad!
我们救你出来
Let's get you out of here.
在我八岁的圣诞节
It was during my eighth Christmas
我失去了父母
that I lost my mother and father.
我的乖孩子
My dear child...
外婆
Grandma.
外婆来了
Grandma's here.
你会没事的
You gonna be all right.
来 让我看看你
Here, let me look at you.
我带你走吧
I'mma get you out of here.
你的东西都收拾好了 我带你回家
I packed your things, I'm gonna take you home.
回家 回我家吗
Home? To my house?
不 亲爱的
No, darling.
回外婆家
Home to my house.
需要我帮你把东西拎进去吗 姐妹
Need any help bringing these bags inside, sister?
谢谢 不用了 雷吉纳德
Oh, no, thank you, Reginald.
你帮的忙够多了
You've done enough already.
在车站遇见你一定是天意
Running into you at the bus station was a godsend.
我十分感激
I'm much obliged.
乐意效劳
My pleasure.
周日教堂见吗
I'll see you in church come Sunday?
那是当然
Oh, you know you will.
很高兴认识你 年轻人
Pleasure to make your acquaintance, young man.
欢迎来到迪莫波利斯
Welcome to Demopolis.
-谢谢 雷吉 -回见
- Thank you, Reggie. - Sister.
等等
Wait.
别穿着脏鞋踩我的地毯
Take them shoes off before you walk on my good rug.
外婆是我妈妈的妈妈
Grandma was my mama's mama.
她虽强势 但心地善良
A tough lady with a big heart.
要是你犯了错
The kind that wouldn't hesitate
她会毫不手软地打你一顿
to give a spanking if you deserve it
但当你需要拥抱时 她也毫不吝啬
or a big ol' hug if you needed it.
我想着
I reckon...
你住这里正合适
you'll be comfy here.
这原来是你妈妈的房♥间
In your mama's old room.
我们明天再好好安顿
We'll get you situated tomorrow.
我去做点热巧克力
I'm gonna make some hot chocolate.
想喝吗
Want some?
我还是做点吧
I'm gonna make some anyway,
以防你改变主意
in case you change your mind.
明日最高气温23摄氏度
High tomorrow, 73.
小家伙 你这是干嘛
Young man, what is wrong with you?
怎么一个人孤零零坐在这里 外面天气多好呀
Sitting in here all by your lonesome. It's nice out.
想吃点东西吗
You want something to eat?
我刚炸好鸡翅
I just fried some wings.
没人能拒绝我的鸡翅 我给你端一盘来
Nobody turns down my wings. I'm gonna make you a plate.
♪ 如果你感到前路无望 ♪
♪ Now if you Feel that you can't go on ♪
♪ 所有希望都已成空 ♪
♪ Because all of your hope is gone ♪
♪ 如果你的生活充满困惑 ♪
♪ And your life is filled with much confusion ♪
♪ 连快乐都成了一种幻觉 ♪
♪ Until happiness is just an illusion ♪
♪ 如果你的世界已濒临崩塌 ♪
♪ And your world around is tumblin' down ♪
♪ 亲爱的 ♪
♪ Darlin' ♪
♪ 伸出手来 ♪
♪ Reach out ♪
♪ 伸出手来 ♪
♪ Reach out ♪
来吧 宝贝 伸手
Come on, baby. Come on.
你还等什么呢
What you waiting for?
没什么胃口
Don't feel like eating.
我还不想浪费这好好的粮食呢
And I don't feel like wasting all this good food.
怎么 你觉得我应该可怜你吗
What, you think I'm supposed to feel sorry for you?
我一点也不
Well, I don't.
我难过吗 当然
Do I feel bad? Yeah.
但我不可怜你
But not sorry.
有时 上帝会以我们想不到的方式
Sometimes, whatever the good Lord needs to teach us
指引我们
comes in ways we don't see.
但这不意味着我们不能从中学到些什么
But it doesn't mean we're not supposed to learn something.
你看
Look here.
她是我的宝贝女儿
This was my baby.
只要能让她复活 我愿意付出一切代价
I'd do anything for her to be here right now.
但上帝对她另有安排
But the Man Above had another plan for her.
而对我来讲公平与否 并不重要
And whether it seems fair to me or not, it doesn't matter.
生活有时就是这么不公
Sometimes life isn't fair.
人人都迟早要面对这艰难的一课
It's a hard lesson for folks to learn
大多数人不用在如此年轻时面对
and most people don't have to learn it this young.
但你得面对
But you do.
懂了吗
You hear me?
拜托 宝贝 你得吃点东西
Come on now, baby, you got to eat something.
你喜欢蛋糕吗
You like cake?
玉米面包和蛋糕差不多
Well, corn bread is basically cake.
尝尝吧
Go on. Try it.
他叫什么
What's his name?
是她
It's a she.
她的名字就由你来取吧
Her name is something you can ponder.
你给你的小老鼠取好名字了吗
Have you come up with a name for your mouse yet?
快告诉我啊
Well, tell me.