你骄傲吗?
Are you proud?
我无比骄傲
I couldn't be prouder.
我只是希望不必用他的名字来庆祝...
I just wish we didn't have to celebrate with what's his name...
克里斯... 克里斯
Chris... Chris.
...是个很好的男孩 大卫 - “...是个很好的男孩 大卫”
...is a very nice boy, david. - "...Is a very nice boy, david."
还有... 他很帅
Plus... He's hot.
所以 我们现在是成年人了
So, I guess we're adults now.
我想是这样
I'm afraid so.
准备好开始生活了吗?
You ready to start our lives?
是...
Yes...
...除了“搬回家”这点外
...except for the "moving back home" bit.
你为什么不和我一起住?
Why don't youmove in with me?
太快了
It's too soon.
还是谢谢
But thanks.
“让她回家 毕业 接受教育
"to have her home, graduated, educated,
“太高兴了
"so elated,
“这是父亲的骄傲
"it does a father proud,
为此付出一切都是值得的”
And makes the sacrificesall worthwhile."
太棒了 爸爸
That's awesome, dad.
宪报很幸运有你
The gazetteis luckyto have you,
我也是
And so am i.
嗯
Mm-hmm.
我和照片编辑谈过了
I spoke to the photo editor,
他说如果你想实习的话 你可以去实习
And he says you can have an internship, if you want one.
是的 你也可以先去诊所上班 挣点钱
Yes, and you can get some shifts back at the clinic, for the money,
直到宪报准备录用
Until the gazette's ready to pay.
帕特尔医生很高兴再见到你
Dr. Patel would be happy to see you there again.
谢谢 我很感激...
Thanks, I appreciate it...
我会去诊所上班
I'll take the shifts at the clinic
直到我找到报社的工作...
Until I get a job at a paper...
但不是宪报 爸爸
But, uh, no gazette, dad.
我想找一家更大的报社
I think I want to try for a bigger publication.
艾尔不需要诊所
El doesn't need the clinic.
整周都在街上奔忙... - 我们知道她有多好 克里斯
A week of pounding the pavement... - We know how good she is, Chris.
有时自己的工作对那些
Sometimes a job in the hand means something
不太有钱的人意味着什么
to people who don't have a lot of money.
礼物时间到
Gift time!
谢谢
Thank you.
啊
Aww!
是姐妹手镯
It's a sister bracelet.
伊兹 很漂亮
Iz, it's beautiful.
你一个 我一个
One for you and one for me.
我们明天可以在海滩上戴
We can wear them tomorrow at the beach.
爸爸在黄昏汽车旅馆订了房♥间
Dad made a reservation at the dusk motel,
我们可以一起过夜了
So we can spend the night.
噢 天哪 亲爱的 很抱歉 我忘了
Oh, god, sweetie, I'm so sorry, I forgot.
呃 我去不了 我明天有工作面试
Uh, I can't go, I have job interviews tomorrow.
你就不能和你妹妹呆一天吗?
Can't you just spend one day with your sister?
爸爸 我会的 我保证
Dad, I will,i promise.
等我落实工作后 好吗?
Just as soon as I get a job. Okay?
是啊 知道吗
Yeah, you know,
卡特先生 你的那篇文章真的很棒
that really was an awesome article you wrote, mr. Carter.
你的水平可以给任何报纸写作
You could writeat any paper.
我一直这样跟他说
I always tell him that.
嘿 先生
Well, hey, sir,
我父亲是赫斯特出版社董事会成员...
My father's on the boardof hearst publishing...
知道吗 克里斯 这可能会让你惊讶
You know, Chris, it might surprise you,
但我真的喜欢为那家报社写作
But I actually like writing for that paper.
想写什么就写什么
I get to write what I want when I want.
你太粗鲁了
You're so rude.
好像你讨厌他似的
It's like you hate him.
我不讨厌克里斯
I don't hate Chris.
我只希望他能偶尔别显得
I'd just wish he'd get his head out of his butt
那么蠢 仅此而已
every once in a while, that's all.
对不起 艾尔
I'm sorry, el.
他只是太在意你能去大报社
He's just so obsessed with you making it big.
你知道 生活不仅仅
You know, there's more to life than just
是把你的名字写在
getting your name plastered in every paper
全国每份报纸上
across the country.
嗯 也许我不明白
Well, maybe I don't understand
你对现状的执着
Your obsession with the status quo.
什么意思?
Meaning what?
意思是...
Meaning...
你可以在任何一家顶级报纸工作
You could work at any top paper,
但你却选择在当地的破报社做奴隶
And yet you choose to slave at a local rag.
那不是破报社 艾尔
It's not a rag, el.
我刚巧喜欢在这里生活
And I happen to like living here.
人是平凡的
People are normal.
他们会记住生活中最重要的事...
They remember what's important in life...
就像记得
Like remembering
他们和姐姐制定的计划一样
the plans they make with their sister.
爸爸 对不起 我没别的意思...
Dad, I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound...
只是...
It's just...
我想要比这些更大的东西
I want something bigger than all this.
但我所有的朋友...
But all my friends are...
你不是你的朋友 艾尔
Hey... you're not your friends, El.
听着
Look.
你是在这里长大的
This is where you grew up.
你的家人就在这里
It's where your family is,
而且这里很好
And it's good.
如果你仔细观察
If you'd just look a little closer,
你会看出来 好吗?
You could see that, okay?
我很高兴你回家
I'm glad you're home.
安静 快点
Quiet. Hurry!
你没关门
You left the door open.
抱歉 艾尔
Sorry, el.
你已经睡很久了
It's been so long since you slept here,
我忘了
I forgot.
艾尔?
El?
你可能不觉得 但我很高兴你回家了
I know you might not be, but I'm glad you're home.
过来
Come here.
我爱你 伊兹
I love you, iz.
我也爱你
I love you too.
嘿 爸爸
Hey, dad.
找到工作了吗?
Got a job yet, kiddo?
呃... 等会儿再问我
Uh... ask me again in a couple of minutes.
好吧 我会的
All right, I will.
爸爸 我很抱歉...
Dad, I'm sorry about...
我也是 艾尔
Yeah. Me too, el.
回家吗?
Coming home?
呃 不 我要继续敲人行道
Uh, no, I'm going to keep pounding the pavement,
克里斯和我有个朋友过来
And then chris and I are having a friend over,
所以可能呆会儿
So I'll probably stay there.
你都跟他睡了?
You're sleeping over with him?
爸爸 你以为我去年和谁在一起?
Dad, who do you think i've been with for the last year?
听着
Look.
我十点以前到家
I'll be home by 10.
我们一起吃早午餐 好吗?
We'll have brunch, okay?
艾尔 你在城里要小心
El, you be careful in the city.
呃 得挂了
Uh, gotta go!
打扰下?
Excuse me?
这是什么?
What's this?
我看过你的采访
I saw you interviewed.
你说埃琳咖啡馆的薄饼是你的最爱
You said cafe elene's crepes were your favorite.
我刚毕业 呃...
I just graduated, and, uh...
青春活力...
Youthful exuberance...
但没有深度
No depth.
谢谢你的薄饼
Thanks for the crepe.
是你吗 宝贝? 怎么样了?
Is that you, babe? How'd it go?
没一点用
Not one bite.