Mr. Ripstein has gone through a lot of trouble...
才把它们凑完全
putting them together.
犯规怎么办? 谁是裁判?
What about a foul? Who's gonna ref this thing?
没有裁判 这是规则之一
There isn't any referee. That's one of the rules.
这算什么比赛,嘿?
What kind of shit is this, huh?
麦瑟先生会在笼外判定
Mr. Mercker can judge fouls from outside the cage.
不准踢人,出界及攻击私处
No kicking, butting, low blows.
若犯规 不论输赢,比赛一律不算
If you win or lose on a foul, all deals are off.
这真是荒诞不经 好吧?
This is a bunch of crap, OK?
我的人比那笨蛋吃亏多了
My guy's got a lot more to lose than this other chump.
没有适当的训练场所
Nowhere to train properly,
先是没有拳套 又是这些蠢规则
First there's no gloves, then these dumbass rules.
事实上 我们对这样打法一无所知
Truth is, we don't know shit about fighting this way.
这样才算公平
And that makes you even.
瑞普斯汀先生,我不想惹麻烦
Mr. Ripstein, I don't want to cause no trouble,
我想与你谈谈这些规则,你知道吗?
I wanted to talk to you about the rules, you know?
事实上 关于拳套
Actually, about the gloves.
没有拳套
There aren't any gloves.
规则第3页有说明
It says so on page three of the rules.
我知道,但是这样拳赛就不精采
Yeah, I know, but it'll make for a dull fight.
我是说 空手打 没人会猛攻的
I mean, bare knuckles, nobody throws a lot.
如果你看那些记录片...
If you watch those old films...
杰克强森和杰弗里斯及寇内...
of Jack Johnson and Jeffries and Cornet...
他们是被训练来空手打的,你知道吗?
Those guys were trained in bare-knuckle style, you know?
出拳时间少得可怜
It was like a news flash when somebody threw a punch.
让我说清楚 我同意...
I just want to make it clear that I agree...
但是我的人? 他才不管这些
but my boy? He don't give a shit.
有拳套? 没拳套? 根本无所谓
Gloves, no gloves, it don't matter.
叫他放马过来 我们才没搞小动作
Bring him on. We ain't backing up for nobody.
打,宝贝! 不错,打!
Jab, baby! That's right, jab!
戴拳套出拳机会就多了
Be a lot more hitting with gloves.
我给了你一份伦敦职业拳击赛规则...
I gave you a copy of the London Prize Fight Rules...
雷普先生打的字 上面写明了“不用拳套”
that Mr. Ripstein typed out, and it says "No gloves."
不 等等 他说的没错
No. Wait a minute. He's right.
戴6盎司的拳套比较精采
It's a better fight with six-ounce gloves.
去准备
Get 'em,
( 比赛前 24 天 )
蒙罗! 你还好吗,老兄?
Monroe! How you doing, brother?
先给个微笑 再偷袭 蛤?
First, there's a smile, then comes a cheap shot, huh?
应该没人会笨到上第二次当,啊?
I guess nobody's dumb enough to fall for that twice, huh?
你说对了,冰人先生
You got that right, Mr. Iceman.
你可以叫我拳王
You can call me Champ.
听清楚 你早已被告知了
Now see, you've been told.
在这里 我才是拳王
In here, I'm the champ.
你要是信这个 那你该也信牙仙的故事了
You believe that, you must believe in the tooth fair.
这里没人助阵
Nobody's backing up.
你稳住,老兄 机会快来了
Hold on, brother. You gonna get your chance.
晚安,我是莫琳欧波
Good evening, I'm Maureen O'Boyle,
今晚的CNOX“内♥幕♥报导”
Tonight on CNO X's "The inside Story"...
我们将独家专访 汤密罗琳...
we'll be talking with Tawnee Rawlins...
in an exclusive interview...
这是她第一次公开♥发♥言...
that will be her first public statement...
自从前世界重量级拳王...
since the sensational trial and conviction...
乔治“冰人”钱柏...
of George "Iceman" Chambers...
被起诉及定罪后...
former heavyweight champion of the world.
谢谢你来上节目,汤密
Thanks for being with us, Tawnee.
我当时很害怕
I was scared.
我不想待在那里
I didn't want to be there anymore.
我...我不想跟他做任何事...
I... I didn't want to do nothing with him...
可是他不愿住手
but he wouldn't stop.
这整件事一团糟
This whole thing is just such a mess.
这事发之后...
I've been out of work...
我的工作也没了...
since this whole thing happened...
我要不断看医生 找律师...
and I had to have lots of doctors and lawyers...
还收到成堆的信件...
and I got stacks of mail from people...
说有多恨我...
saying that they hate me...
因为我毁了他们的拳王...
because I took away their heavyweight champ...
说我只是个淘金女什么的...
and that I'm a gold digger and all that...
但是我说 请站在我的立场想一想
but I say walk a mile in my shoes.
我不想伤害他...
I did not want to cause him any harm...
但他不听我的,他不肯住手
but he wouldn't listen to me, and he wouldn't stop.
这些白♥痴♥看太多监狱风云了
These dumb shits been watching too many old prison movies.
( 比赛前 16 天 )
去发广播
You get on the horn.
说这里有红色状况
Get me a situation red in here.
警卫中心,这里是大厅
Central security, this is the mess hall.
这里有红色状况, 重复,红色状况
We have a situation red. Repeat, a situation red.
有状况发生,下去大厅
We've got a situation, Get down to the mess,
最快速 好不好? 骚乱要发生了
On the double, all right? Riot's coming down,
嘿,冰人!
Hey, Iceman!
嘿,冰人
Hey, Iceman.
在你来这里之前...
Before you came here...
我们猜想你是个哥们
we all figured you were some kind of dude.
但你出现之后 却摆得自己像个神...
Then you show up actin' like you're the God...
而我们是子民
and we're the sod,
嘿 老兄,这里每个人...
Well, hey, man, ever dog in here...
都想看你自作自受!
wanted to see you get your ass kicked,
去你的
You're goin' down, man!
妈的
Shit.
蒙罗! 蒙罗! 蒙罗! 蒙罗!...
扁你 王八蛋!
Kick your ass, motherfucker!
快走! 走! 走! 走! 走!
Let's go! Move! Move! Move! Move!
开枪! 打天花板!
Give 'em one! Take out the ceiling!
再开!
Again!
他取消比赛了
He cancelled the fight,
真操♥他♥妈♥的,操♥他♥妈♥的鬼地方
Jesus fuckin' Christ, this fuckin' state.
这操♥他♥妈♥的狱长以为自己...
Who the fuck does this fuckin' warden...
他妈的是谁?
fuckin' think he is?
这鬼地方没人会做生意吗?
Doesn't anybody know how to do business in this fuckin' state?
我那该死的老婆 和她该死的病症和过敏
My fuckin' wife and her fuckin' asthma and allergies.
我们得搬到这该死的沙漠
We had to move to the fuckin' desert.
混♥蛋♥瘪脚医生...
Goddamn fuckin' chickenshit doctors...
我不该听那些王八蛋说的话
I should've known better than listen to those shitheels.
操♥他♥妈♥的棕搁泉...
Fuckin' Palm Springs...
每天躺着晒太阳,无所事事
Lay there in the fuckin' sun and do nothin'.
该死的政♥府♥因为几个税把我逮了
Then this fuckin' state grabs my ass for taxes.
为什么我不待在佛罗里达...
Why the fuck I didn't stay in fuckin' Florida...
那里的人还知道怎么做生意
where people know how to do fuckin' business.
该死的老婆 和她该死的病
Fuckin' wife and her fuckin' asthma.
妈的
Shit,
事情总该得处理...
Somethin' needs to get fuckin' done...
我得亲自出马了
I gotta do it myself.
去叫狱长,说我要见他
Call the fuckin' warden. I wanna meet him.
是的 先生 瑞普斯汀先生
Yes, sir, Mr. Ripstein.
通常我不习惯与囚犯面对面的
I don't make it a habit of meeting with prisoners.
但我为麦瑟先生破例一次...
I'm doing this out of deference to Mr. Mercker here...
他觉得这个主意不错
who thought it'd be a good idea.
无论如何 任何要我重新批准...
However, any attempt to have me reinstate the fight...
钱柏和蒙罗的拳赛的企图 是徒劳的
between Mr. Chambers and Monroe Hutchen will be futile.
那已经确定取消了
It has been irrevocably cancelled.
我能说个故事给你听吗? 是我最喜欢的故事之一
Can I tell you a story? One of my favorites.
是关于解决问题的方法
It's about how things get done.
这故事大约发生在...
This is a story that takes place in about...
应该是1950年代
it must've been the middle 1950s.
我是某组织的二把手...
I was second in charge of certain operations...
兰斯基先生的二把手
second to a Mr. Meyer Lansky.
有那么一个赌场...新盖的...
There was this casino... a new one...
就盖在邻近的城镇
that had been built in a neighboring town.
但那市长,他想要关闭这赌场...
But the mayor, he wanted to close that casino...
因为他不喜欢赌博
because he did not like gambling.
他认为赌场会引来不好的人
He thought it brought the wrong kind of people.
所以他下令关闭赌场
So he ordered the casino closed. Ohh.
我得把这事报告兰斯基先生