我爸爸生于很久之前
My father was born a long time ago,
但他和其他孩子一样
but he was a child like any other,
喜欢擦伤膝盖 天马行空
prone to scrapedup knees and flights of fancy.
你找到了吗? 还没有
Have you found it? Not yet.
他总是很擅长找东西
He was always good at finding things.
太好了!我找到了 妈妈 还有剩下的棒棒糖吗?
Yes! I got it, Mom. Are there any lollipops left?
那个就是他 如果你想知道的话
That's him there, just in case you were wondering.
找到了
Got 'em.
我来了! 早安 埃尔默
Coming through! Morning, Elmer.
大家早上好
Morning, everyone.
不管他妈妈要什么 他都能马上拿到
Whatever his mom called for, he could get it in no time.
嘿 林森先生!
Hey, Mr. Linson.
早安 埃尔默
Morning, Elmer.
小心点 罗茜
Be careful, Rosie.
你来了 埃尔默
There you are, Elmer.
正好赶上 解救威廉姆斯先生想吃糖的冲动
Just in time for Mr. Williams's sugar craving.
啊 草莓是我的最爱
Ah, strawberry is my favorite.
谢谢 不客气
Thank you. You're welcome.
想想看 那人居然是牙医
And to think that man is a dentist.
你们有橡皮筋吗?你知道 就是不会让胡子掉进汤里的那种
Have you got any rubber bands? You know, the kind that keeps beards out of soup?
埃尔默? 我这就去
Elmer? I'm on it.
现在我父亲很快就会踏入 从没有其他孩子进入的地方
Now, my father would soon set foot in places no child had ever been before.
给你
Here you go.
危险、野外、陌生的地方
Dangerous, wild, strange places,
但他现在还不知道
but he didn't know that yet.
埃尔默 你能帮帮我吗?
Elmer, can you help me?
早上好 德拉 早上好
Morning, Dela. Morning.
早上好 埃尔默
Morning, Elmer.
早上好 玛格达 你今天给我们带什么了?
Morning, Magda. What have you got for us today?
橘子
Tangerines.
大家都喜欢 因为它们很容易剥皮
Everyone likes them because they are easy to peel.
看看 你要多少钱?
Check 'em out. How much are you asking?
给你的话 30块 你觉得怎么样 埃尔默?
Uh, for you, 30. Hmm. What do you think, Elmer?
嗯 下面的这些熟过头了
Well, these ones from the bottom are overripe.
它们里面长芽了 哦 我知道了
They're sprouting from the inside. Oh, so I see.
橘子加钱我们给你一半
We'll give you half on the tangerines.
25 德拉 那是我的底线
Twentyfive, Dela. That's the best I can do.
20 我下个月再从你这儿买♥♥一批
Twenty, and I'll take another load from you next month.
你妈妈很会讨价还价 埃尔默
Your mom drives a hard bargain, Elmer.
我父亲生活在一个 似乎会永远这样下去的世界里
My father lived in a world that seemed like it would go on forever.
但后来一切都开始变了
But then it all began to change,
有一段时间变得很艰难
and times got hard for a while.
我们现在怎么办 妈妈?
What do we do now, Mom?
你什么都不用担心 把担心交给我 埃尔默
You don't have to worry about a thing. That's my job, Elmer.
也许如果我们待在这里 我们的顾客就会回来
Maybe if we stay here, our customers will come back,
然后就又没事了
and it'll be okay again.
恐怕世界不是那样运作的
I'm afraid the world doesn't work like that.
但我会在城里给我们找个新家 开新店?
But I'll get us a new home in the city. A new store?
对 当然了 但我们没剩什么东西可以卖♥♥了
Sure. Of course. But we have nothing left to sell.
你说得对
You're right.
我们最好准备一些存货 然后我们准备好盛大开幕
We'd better get some stock together so we'll be ready for a grand opening.
我们不需要太多东西 几样让我们起步的东西就行了
We don't need much, just a few things to get us started.
有一个草莓棒棒糖 虽然有点坏了
There's a strawberry lollipop. It's kinda broken though.
我们可以便宜地卖♥♥掉 还是能赚足够的钱来买♥♥更多
We could sell it cheaply and still make enough to buy some more.
你觉得你能找到更多的东西卖♥♥吗?
You think you could find more things to sell?
就是这样 所有都在这里
That's it. That's all there is.
你真会找东西
You're so good at finding things.
我们还剩下一点钱
We've even got a little bit of money left.
这样就够我们开始了
It'll get us started.
准备好冒险了吗?
Ready for an adventure?
准备好了
Ready.
(查封没收)
今日新闻 购买♥♥阅读!经济萧条!
Read all about it! Recession hits!
谁会活下来 谁会被淹没?
Who's gonna make it, and who's sunk?
今日新闻 购买♥♥阅读
Read all about it.
就是这里
This is it.
真的吗? 对
Really? Yep.
永不绿城 我们的新家
Nevergreen City, our new home.
看 埃尔默
Look, Elmer.
这对我们来说 是不是个很好的店?
Wouldn't that make a fine store for us?
但都用木板封住了
But it's all boarded up.
你能想象一下 稍微用一点
Can you imagine what it would look like
颜料和心思 它会变成什么样吗?
with a little bit of paint and some attention?
你能看到吗?
Can you see it?
我想是吧
I guess.
我们可以在窗户上装点明亮的灯
We could put some bright lights on the windows.
很快我们就会有家的感觉了
And before we know it, we'll feel right at home.
我需要一些时间来攒钱置办那些
It will take me some time to save up for all of that.
但等我攒够了 我们就万事俱备 可以重新开始了
But when I do, we'll have all we need to get started.
别放弃
Don't let go of it.
别担心 妈妈 我不会放弃的
Don't worry, Mom. I won't let go.
又是我们自己的店了
Our own store again.
就像以前一样 对吧?就像家一样
Just like it was before, right? Just like home.
就像这样 相信我 好吗?
Just like it. Trust me, okay?
好
Okay.
我们只需要打开这些门 准备好了吗?
We just have to open these doors. Ready?
一
One,
二
two
三!
three!
让开! 快点!
Out of my way! Come on!
那只猫对我来说太快了 凯莉
The cat's too fast for me, Callie.
小心点 孩子 抓住她!
Watch it, kid. Catch her!
埃尔默!
Elmer! Elmer!
埃尔默 紧跟着我
Elmer, stay close to me.
来吧 帮我一下
Come on. Help me with this.
我们要把它带到最上面
We've got to take it all the way up to the top.
你没说有孩子的事 我以为这不会是个问题
You didn't say anything about a kid. I didn't think it'd be a problem.
好吧 有孩子要多交钱 预付四个月的定金
Well, kids cost extra. Four months' deposit upfront.
这太荒谬了
But that's ridiculous.
孩子们很吵 对家具也有损坏
Kids are loud and rough on furniture.
但这里没有任何家具
But there isn't any furniture.
那是因为上一个孩子把一切都毁了
That's 'cause the last kid broke it all.
广♥告♥上说家具齐全 所以我只能给你一周的押金
Uh, well, the ad said fully furnished, so I can only give you a week's deposit.
求你了 麦克拉伦太太
Please, Mrs. McClaren.
我们从很远的地方过来 这是我们的新开始
We've come a very long way, and this is a new start for us.
我们还带了自己的椅子
We even brought our own chairs.
三周
Three weeks.
哦 太好了
Oh, great.
抱歉 但是现在不能相信任何人
Sorry, but you can't trust anyone these days.
不是针对你 当然 我明白
Nothing personal. Yes, of course. I understand.
也不能养宠物 宠物比小孩还糟糕
And no pets. Pets are worse than kids.
没有宠物 我们没有宠物
No pets. We don't have any pets.
房♥租是每周二交
Rent's due every Tuesday,
没有什么我没听过的借口 所以别费事想了
and there's not an excuse I haven't heard, so don't bother.
你明白了吗? 是的 我明白 周二交房♥租
You got it? Yes, I get it. Tuesday, rent due.
嘿 妈妈 我可以从这里看到我们的店
Hey, Mom, I can see our store from here.
来吧 风景不错
Come on. It's a great view.
那这间公♥寓♥就是完美的地点
Then that makes this apartment the perfect spot.
来 我们可以为店存钱 放在这里
Here, we can save up for the store in this.
很快就会像家一样
Soon, it'll be just like home.
我想我逐渐掌握这个水管了 妈妈
I think I'm getting a hang of these pipes.
你说什么?
What'd you say?
我说我知道怎么不被溅到了
I said I figured out how to not get splashed.
太好了 埃尔默
That's great, Elmer.
你好 麦克拉伦太太 看 埃尔默 我们有访客了
Hello, Mrs. McClaren.Look, Elmer. We have a visitor.
你好 麦克拉伦太太 你今天怎么样?
Hello, Mrs. McClaren. How are you today?
今天是星期二 我会在周二听到很多悲惨的故事
Well, it's Tuesday. I hear a lot of sob stories on Tuesdays.
都让我消化不良了 我很遗憾听到这个
It makes my indigestion flare. I'm sorry to hear that.
你该交房♥租了
Your rent's due.
这里的水管发出隆隆的声音 而且还喷水
The pipes in here rumble and spray water.
这周我会给你一半 每周都只给一半 直到水管修好
电影精选列表