老友记 第十季 第六集

FriendsS10E06

Part1

2019年8月29日 13:27 推荐到豆瓣

Friends Season 10 Episode 6: The One with Ross’Grant.


老友记第10季第6集:罗斯的科研经费。

All: Hey!
嘿!
Rachel: Hi!
嘿!
Ross: Pheebs, what's wrong?
菲比,出了什么事吗?
Phoebe: Oh, I'm just so exhausted from dragging around this huge engagement ring!
戴着这个超大订婚戒指快要把我累死了!
Rachel: My God!
天啊!
Joey: Hey!
嘿!
Rachel: Congratulations! Wow!
恭喜你啊!哇!
Ross: So, did he get on one knee, did...did he have a speech prepared, or did he cry? Yeah, big surprise, I like proposals!
他有没有跪下来?他有准备求婚词吗?噢!他有哭吗?没错,我喜欢求婚,很奇怪吗?
Phoebe: Well, it was really sweet, and like the most romantic thing ever.
实在是很温馨,是我人生中最浪漫的一刻。
Joey: Well, hey! Well...Here's to Phoebe, who's found the greatest guy in the world! To Phoebe and...I wanna say Mike? To Phoebe and Mike!
嘿,我们来敬菲比,为了她找到世界上最好的男人干一杯。敬菲比和...应该是麦克吧?敬菲比和麦克!
All: Whoo!
喔!
Phoebe: Thank you! Oh, and I have something for you!
谢谢大家!噢对了,我有点东西要给你!
Phoebe: It's, yes, my little black book. It's got the numbers of all the guys I've dated.
这是我的小记事本,里面有我约会过的男生的电话。
Rachel: Oh, Pheebs, baby, that's nice but, you know what, I think I'm ok. Why don't you give it to one of your other single girlfriends?
噢,菲比。很谢谢你,但我想我用不上了。你还是把它送给你其他独身的女性朋友吧。
Phoebe: I would, but you're the last one.
我也想,但你是最后一个独身的了。
Rachel: Give me the book! Pablo Diaz, Brady smith, huh, "Guy-in-van"?
那给我吧!巴布罗迪亚斯,布里迪史密斯“开货车的男生”。
Phoebe: Oh, my first love!
那是我的初恋!
Rachel: Oh!
哦!
Monica: What does the red X next to Bob Greenmore's name mean?
巴伯格里莫的名字旁边标着个X是什么意思?
Phoebe: Dead. Oh, it's OK, no, he was old, yeah! And he lived a full life, he was in the first wave at Omaha Beach.
死掉了。没关系,他已经很老了。他也活够了,他参与了奥马哈海滩(二战诺曼底战役)首轮攻击。
Chandler: Yeah, I'm sorry, I should've given you guys my black book when I got married! Although it wasn't so much a book as a...napkin. With Janice's phone number on it.
嘿,对不起。我结婚时也应该把我的电话本给你们男生的。尽管那不算是电话本,只是一张皱皱的纸...上面写着珍妮丝的电话。
Rachel: Phoebe, isn't Jethro Tull a band?
菲比,Jethro Tull不是一个乐队吗?
Phoebe: Oh yes, they are.
没错。
Chandler: Hey honey!
嘿,亲爱的。
Joey: Hey sweetie!
嘿,甜心。
Chandler: Is Monica not here?
莫妮卡不在吗?
Joey: No.
不在。
Chandler: Oh, then I'll tell you. My agency was bidding for a big account and they got it! It's my first national commercial!
那我先告诉你吧,我的经纪争取到一个大广告客户。这是我第一个跨国广告。
Joey: Cool!
酷!
Chandler: Yeah, and I don't wanna brag but a lot of the ideas were mine! Hell, you weren't there. All the ideas were mine!
不是我吹牛,但很多内容都是我构思出来的!拜托,你有没有在听啊?全部构思都是我的!
Joey: That's great! Hey, can you cast me in it?
太好了!嘿,可以介绍我去拍广告吗?
Chandler: Oh...I don't know, I really don't think you're right for the part.
不知道啊,我想你不适合里面的角色。
Joey: What do you mean? I can do anything, I'm a chameleon! Huh? I'm old! I'm tired! Hey, I'm hot I'm cold! ! Huh? Come on! What can't I do?
怎么会?我可以演任何角色。我是一条变色龙呢!我很老!我很累!嘿!我很热!我很冷!呵?拜托,有什么我不能演?
Chandler: First of all. Bravo...Uh, but I really don't think you're right for this. The part calls for a stuffy college professor.
我得说,精彩...但我觉得你真的不适合,这个角色是一个死板的大学教授。
Joey: I can do that! "Hello, I'm your professor. When I'm not busy thinking of important things or...professing. I like to use..." Oh, what's the product?
也可以啊!“你好,我是你们的教授。当我有空或者没有...演讲的时候我会用...”噢!是什么产品?
Chandler: Software that facilitates inter-business networking e-solutions?
电子商务网络解决方案。
Joey: I'm cold!
我很冷!
Ross: Hey!
嘿!
Charlie: Hey!
嘿!
Ross: Guess who's a finalist for a huge research grant! I'll give you a hint, he's looking right at you.
猜猜谁有可能得到一笔庞大的科研补助金!给你个提示,他正在看着你。
Charlie: Ah, well, unless it's the creepy guy with his hand up his kilt, I'm gonna say congratulations!
除非你说的是那个穿裙子的怪人,恭喜你!
Ross: Oh, I'm so excited, I mean, apparently I beat out hundreds of other applicants, included five guys I went to graduate school with. Not that I'm keeping score or anything...five!
我实在是太兴奋了,我击败了其他的几百个竞争者。包括我们研究所的五个同事。不是我吹嘘,但...五个人!
Charlie: Wow, that's great!
哇!太厉害了。
Ross: Yeah.
是啊!
Charlie: So, tell me about the grant!
所以补助金是多少?
Ross: Well, ok, it's for 25 thousand dollars. And if I get it, I'll finally be able to complete my field research!
大概是25,000元的补助。如果我得到了,那我就可以完成我那领域的研究了。
And there will be an article about me in the "Paleontology Review" Yeah! That'll be the first time my name is in there, without people raising serious questions about my work!
然后我就可以在“古生物学刊”里发表我的论文了。那是我头一次在那本书上发表论文,而其他人不会再质疑我的工作了。
Charlie: Wait. Are you talking about the Dewar grant?
等等,你是说杜瓦基金?
Ross: Yeah. Why?
没错,怎么了?
Charlie: Benjamin Hobart is administering that grant.
班杰明赫伯管理着那个基金。
Ross: Your ex-boyfriend?
你的前任男朋友?
Charlie: Yeah.
对。
Ross: So, your ex-boyfriend is gonna determine if your new boyfriend gets this grant? Wow, your new boyfriend is screwed!
那么说,你的前男友决定了你现任男友是否能得到那笔钱?哇,你的现任男友完蛋了。
Charlie: No, no, we ended up in great terms. I mean, if anything, I think this could help you. You know what? Why don't we all go out to dinner together, and I can introduce you.
没有,我们很愉快的分手的。我意思是,如果对你有帮助的话我们可以把他约出来吃个饭啊!我可以把你介绍给他。
Ross: Well, if you think it'd help.
是吗?你觉得有帮助吗?
Charlie: Yeah, absolutely. I'll call him.
当然啦,我给他打电话啦。
Ross: Ok, now, is there anything I can do to...you know, butter him up? Anything he really likes?
那,我可以做什么去...迎合他啊?他喜欢点什么?
Charlie: Mmh...he does have a pretty serious latex fetish.
唔...他的确有严重的乳胶恋物情节。
Ross: We'll see how dinner goes.
我知道该怎么做了。
Phoebe: Hey!
嘿!
Monica: Hey, you wanna go see a movie?
嘿,想去看电影吗?
Phoebe: Well, I told you I had to spend all the day clearing out stuff, so Mike could move in.
我已经告诉过你我今天一整天要打扫,好让麦克搬进来住。
Monica: Oh, right.
噢!对哦。
Phoebe: Yeah.
没错。
Monica: Oh, well. Now that I'm here I might as well help you with the cleaning and organizing! I just happen to have my label maker!
既然我都来了,我就帮你清洁和收拾一下吧!刚好我有打标签机。
Phoebe: Oh, it's so hard to get rid of stuff! Did you and Chandler have to make compromises when you first moved in together?
噢,要丢弃自己的物品太难了!你和钱德要同居的时候,有为丢弃东西烦恼过吗?
Monica: Uh, Chandler did! What does he want you to give up?
钱德有烦恼过!他想你丢弃什么?
Phoebe: A bunch of stuff. And the worst one...he wants me to get rid of Gladys.
很多东西啊!我最舍不得的是...他要我丢掉格拉达斯。
Monica: Who's Gladys? Oh! What a tragic loss!
谁是格拉达斯?噢!多么可怕的浪费啊!
Phoebe: Yeah. I really hate to give her up. Oh I know! Oh, you should take her!
就是说。我真的不想放弃她啊。噢!我想到了,你可以带她走啊!
Monica: Well, I...I...I...I...I don't know...
这个,我...我也不知道好不好...
Phoebe: Wh-what, you don't like her?
为什么?你不喜欢她吗?
Monica: Well, of course I do. What's not to like! I'll take her in a minute! But, you know, I think that you're giving up too easy, honey. I think that you need to fight for her!
我当然喜欢她啊。有什么不喜欢的!我可以马上就把她拿走!但我觉得你现在说放弃太早了。我想你应该为她作斗争!
Phoebe: Really? You think?
你觉得是这样吗?
Monica: Absolutely! Yes, you say to him "I'm sorry Mike, I can't live without her, she means too much to me!"
当然啦!你对他说:对不起,麦克。我不能失去她她对我来说很重要!
Phoebe: Ok, I'll fight for her. Ok! Oh, wait, oh I just realized if I do that, that means you don't get her.
好的,我是该为她争取一下。等等,我忽然想到如果我这样做,你就无法得到她了。
Monica: Damn it, I did not think this through!
对哦,怎么我没想到呢!
Rachel: Emma, mom's got a snack for you.
艾玛,妈妈给你带了小点心。
Joey: You know, every now and then, she might like some barbecue potato chips.
你知道 她有时喜欢些烤肉味的番茄薯片。
Chandler: Hi guys.
嘿,你们。
Joey: Hey!
嘿。
Rachel: Hi!
嘿。
Chandler: Hey, baby.
嘿,宝贝。
Joey: Oh! Any word on casting yet?
推荐有回复了吗?
Chandler: Joe, I told you, you're just not right for the part.
乔伊,我已经说过了,你不适合那个角色。
Joey: What do you mean? Rach, don't I seem like a professor you'd buy some kind of e-crap from?
什么意思啊?瑞秋,你会不会花钱买像我这样的教授介绍的电子货啊?
Rachel: I'm sorry, this sounds like something I'm never gonna be interested in.
不好意思,我对这种东西没什么兴趣。
Joey: Look, come on, please? It's not like I'm asking for some crazy favor. This is what I do for a living. And I am a professional actor! Oh, man, I'm two hours late for work! Look, here's a copy of my reels. It's got all the commercials that I've been in.
拜托啦!好像我很为难你似的。这是我的工作啊,我是个职业的演员呢!噢!妈呀!我迟到两个小时了!这里有我的一盘带子,里面有我拍过的所有广告。
Chandler: Joe...
乔...
Joey: Just watch it, and if you don't like it, you don't pass it on to your bosses!
你就看一下吧,如果你不喜欢就别给你上司就是了。
Chandler: Fine.
好吧。
Joey: Thank you.
谢谢。
Chandler: Work, Joe!
工作啦,乔!
Joey: Damn it!
可恶!
Chandler: What am I gonna do now?
我该怎么办啦?
Rachel: You just pass the tape along!
就给你上司看看咯!
Chandler: He's not right for the part. So if I suggest him, my bosses are gonna think I'm an idiot! And that's something they should learn on their own!
他的确不适合演这个。如果我推荐他,我的老板会发现我是个傻瓜!我希望我的老板能迟些才发现这一点。
Rachel: Just tell Joey that you watched the tape and you liked it, but your bosses didn't. Then that way, you're the good guy and they're the bad guy.
那就告诉乔伊你看过带子你很喜欢,但你的老板们不喜欢。那样,你就成了好人,坏人就是你的老板啦。
Chandler: That's good! I liked it, they didn't. Joey, for God's sake, go to work!
好主意!我喜欢,老板不喜欢。乔伊,看在上帝份上,去工作啦!
Ross: I can't believe I'm about to meet Benjamin Hobart. I've always thought of him as one of the people I'd invite to my fantasy dinner party. You think there's any chance he'll bring Christie Brinkley or C-3PO?
无法相信我能见到班杰明赫伯。我一直以为只有在梦中才能和他共聚晚餐呢。他会不会带上克里斯蒂·布林克利(超级名模) 或者C-3PO(星球大战中的机器人)来呢?
Charlie: Sorry, looks like it's just him.
对不起,看来他只孤身一人。
Benjamin: Charlie! My God, you look absolutely stunning!
查莉!天啊,你简直美得让我头晕了。
Ross: Well, I...I am having a good hair day.
是吗?今天我特地去理发。
Benjamin: So good to see you.
见到你真好。
Charlie: Me too.
我也是。
Ross: I'm ok.
我没事。
Charlie: I'm sorry...Ross Geller, Benjamin Hobart.
对不起...罗斯盖勒,班杰明赫伯。
Ross: Oh, it's an honor to meet you. I, I can't tell you how long I've been an admirer of your work, I mean, that...that Nobel prize, whoooo! I mean, I have to tell you, that you're one of the reasons I got into the field.
很荣幸见到你。我仰慕你都不知道多久了我是说,你得的诺贝尔奖,喔!我得说,你是我从事科学工作的其中一个原因。
Benjamin: Oh, well, likewise. Actually, not likewise. I've never heard of you until this morning, but, it's nice to be nice!
噢,是吗,我也是。其实,不一样,我今早才第一次听到你的名字。但,很高兴能见到你。
Charlie: Shall we?
我们?
Benjamin: Thank you!
谢谢!
Benjamin: I can't believe that you chose this restaurant! Do, do you remember the night?
我不能相信你选了这个餐馆!你还记得那天晚上吗?
Charlie: Oh my God, I completely forgot! Oh my God! I can't believe they let us back in this place!
噢天啊,我都已经想不起了!天啊,我们居然又在这里碰头了!
Benjamin: You weren't there!
你当时不在场!
Ross: No, but, it's, you know, it's just a funny image, you know, the two of you, in this restaurant, with...
是不在,但想想都好笑。想想你们两个,在这个餐馆,还...
Charlie: Ross, why don't you tell Benji about your proposal, while I go to the ladies room?
罗斯,我去洗手间的时候你能告诉班杰你的方案吗?
Benjamin: So, tell me about it.
来吧,告诉我吧。
Ross: Ok, well, I would like to do a dig in the Painted Desert.
我们会在沙漠里进行挖掘。
Ross: See, there are still several areas that haven't been fully excavated.
因为里面还有些地区还没完全开挖的。
Benjamin: Break up with Charlie!
和查莉分手吧!
Ross: What?
什么?
Benjamin: What?
什么?
Ross: Did, did you just say "break up with Charlie"?
你刚才说 “和查莉分手”吗?
Benjamin: Well, yes and no. Yes I did say it, and no, I did not say it.
可以说是,也可以说不是。是,我是这样说了;不是,是我没有否认。
Ross: Um, kinda inappropriate, don't you think?
你不应该这样说的,是吗?
Benjamin: I'm sorry. I just haven't seen her for so long! All these feelings are rushing back! I'm starting to realize how much I missed her, I'm gonna need you to break up with her.
对不起。因为我太久没有见她了!以前的感觉又涌上心头!我又觉得喜欢上她了。所以我想你和他分手。
Ross: Are you serious?
你是说真的吗?
Benjamin: If you say yes then I'm serious, if you say no then I'm joking!
如果你说是,那我就是认真的。如果你说不是,那我就是开玩笑!
Ross: No!
不是!
Benjamin: Joking it is!
我开玩笑的!
Phoebe: Hi! Sorry, I'm late.
嗨!对不起,我迟到了。
Monica: Hey, how did it go with Mike, is he gonna let you keep the painting?
嘿,和麦克谈得怎样?他肯让你保留那幅画吗?
Phoebe: No, he really hates it.
不行,他实在很讨厌它。
Phoebe: But he's gonna let me keep my box of human hair! So you gotta pick your battles. But the good news is, Gladys is yours!
但他肯让我留下我那盒头发!所以我只能妥协了。但好消息是,格拉达斯已经属于你了!
Monica: Wow, what's the bad news!
哇,那坏消息呢!?
Rachel: Who's Gladys?
谁是格拉达斯?
Phoebe: Oh, she's that, that work of art I made, you know, with the woman coming out of the frame.
噢!她是我的手工作品,你见过啦。就是有个女人从画里面走出来的那幅画啊。
Rachel: Oh, and Monica gets to keep her? In her house? I am so jealous!
噢,莫妮卡把她收下了吗?放在这个房间里?我要嫉妒了!
Phoebe: Oh, I didn't know you wanted her too!
噢!我不知道你也想要她啊!
Rachel: Well, I mean, sure, of course. But...you already gave that to Monica, so...
我...当然想要啊。但...你已经给了莫妮卡了,所以...
Monica: You know, I...I would give her up, for you.
为了你,我可以放弃她。
Rachel: No, I...I couldn't let you do that.
不行,我不可以让你这样做的。
Monica: No, but I want to.
但我想这样做。
Rachel: But I don't want you to.
但我不想你这样做。
Monica: But I insist!
但我坚持!
Rachel: But I insist, harder!
但我更坚持!
Phoebe: Ok. Girls, girls, stop, ok? We'll flip a coin. Heads, she's Rachel's, tails she's Monica's...Tails! Monica, she's yours!
女生们!停一停好吗?我们投硬币决定吧。正面,她是瑞秋的。反面,她就是莫妮卡的。反面!莫妮卡,她是你的了!
Monica: No, that landed in your food!
不行,它掉到你的食物里了。
Rachel: No, no, that's ok. You won fair and square. I'm so sad!
不,不,没关系,该赢的就该赢。我太难过了。
Rachel: Then little red squirrel took all of his acorns and put them in his little satchel and set off for...Ok, someone is getting a little fussy, I think it's time for bed.
然后红色的小松鼠把他所有的橡树果放进他的小背包里,离开了...好啦!有人开始烦啦,我看该睡觉了。
Joey: Wooooh, where's little red squirrel going?
小松鼠去哪了?
Chandler: Hey, Joe!
嘿,乔!
Joey: Oh, it's so sweet. What's up?
哦,太好了。什么事?
Chandler: Bad news. I watched the tape and passed it along to my bosses and they weren't interested.
坏消息我看过了带子并把它交给我的老板们,但他们不感兴趣。
Joey: Oh.
好吧。
Chandler: Sorry man.
对不起,老兄。
Joey: But, ehm...you watched the tape?
但...你看过这带子吗?
Chandler: Yeah! I...I...I liked it! But, ehm...my bosses didn't go for it. Stupid sons of bitches!
是啊,我...我很喜欢啊!但...我的老板不喜欢。真♥他♥妈的可恶!
Joey: You didn't watch the tape.
你没有看过这带子。
Chandler: What! ? Of course I did!
什么!?我当然看啦!
Joey: Look, it's one thing not to cast me, but to lie to me?
你不推荐我是一回事,但你对我说谎?
Chandler: I'm not lying to you, I watched it!
我没有说谎啊,我看了啦!
Joey: Well, you lied again!
你看,又说谎!
Chandler: I watched it!
我看了!
Joey: Keep going Pinocchio!
继续说谎吧,匹诺曹!
Chandler: I did!
我看了!
Joey: No you didn't!
没有!你没看!
Chandler: I'm telling you, I watched the tape.
我告诉你,我看了这带子。
Rachel: Did you watch the tape?
你看过这带子吗?
Chandler: No!
没有。
Ross: Hi. Look, I, I realize only one of us can get this grant, and I, I just wanted to wish both of you the best of luck.
嗨,听着,我知道我们中只有一个人能得到认可,而我也想祝福你们所有人好运。
Man: Are you crossing your fingers?
你绕手指了(表示“不是真心的”)?
Ross: What? This? No. This, that's, that's just the the uh, the result of a childhood injury. I'm, I'm cured!
什么?这个?不,这个... 只是童年受伤的结果痊愈了!
Benjamin: Good morning, everybody. You'll go ahead and take your seats, we can get started.
大家早上好,如果你们坐到座位上,我们就可以开始了。
Ross: Um, actually, Dr. Hobart, can I have a word with you?
实际上,赫伯博士我能和你说句话吗?
Benjamin: And you are?
你是...?
Ross: Ross.
罗斯。
Benjamin: I know, I'm kidding.
我知道,开玩笑的。
Ross: Listen, I just wanna say, last night...dinner, that was a little awkward. I just wanna make sure we're ok.
我只想说,昨晚...晚餐有点尴尬。我只想知道我们之间没什么问题。
Benjamin: Oh, yeah. Absolutely. You didn't tell Charlie what I said, did you?
没问题!绝对没有!你没有告诉查莉我说过什么吧?
Ross: Oh, no. Of course not.
喔,没有,当然没有。
Benjamin: Oh. Well, thank you. And I, I want you to know, I respect your decision not to give her up. It was the biggest mistake I ever made in my whole life. Well, that and tattooing her name on my shoulder...last night stupidly.
谢谢你,我想让你知道我尊重你没有放弃她的决定。放弃她是我一生中最大的错误呃,除了这件事。还有我很蠢的把她的名字刺在肩膀上...就在昨天晚上。
Ross: Seriously?
真的?
Benjamin: My Nobel Prize was not for moving on.
我的诺贝尔奖可不是为了忘记。
Ross: So, no hard feelings?
还难过吗?
Benjamin: Ok.
还好。
Benjamin: None at all. Good luck today.
一点也没有,祝今天好运!
Ross: Thank you.
谢谢。
Benjamin: You're welcome.
不客气。
Benjamin: All right. The selection committee has chosen the three of you as our finalists today. The ultimate decision will be based of course on the answers that you give to the questions I ask. We're gonna go ahead and start with Dr. Li. Dr.Li, you claim the field is too reliant on the Linnaean taxonomic system. How do you propose to correct this problem?
评选委员会选出你们三人于今天作最后评核。最终决定会基于你们如何回答我的问题。先从李博士开始吧。李博士,你提出学界太依赖林奈分类系统。那你打算怎么解决这个问题?
Dr.Li: Well, I believe that the answers lie in the osteological evidence. I plan to begin there.
我相信解决办法在化石证据上。我打算从那里入手。
Benjamin: Interesting.
很有趣。
Ross: I guess.
是啊。
Benjamin: Dr. Biely, your proposal includes some field work. Where might that take place?
白莉博士,你的方案有一些挖掘工作,你会从哪里入手呢?
Dr.Biely: Primarily in the Pierre Shale region of South Dakota.
首先是南达科他州的皮尔板岩地区。
Benjamin: Certainly. Very well. And Dr. Geller, when is my birthday?
当然,很好。那盖勒博士,你知道我的生日是什么时候吗?
Ross: What? I...I...
什么?我...我...
Benjamin: Care to venture a guess?
不能猜一下吗?
Ross: May 12th?
5月12号?
Benjamin: That's not even kinda close!
还差很远呢!
Benjamin: Dr. Li, how many graduate students you'd be needing?
李博士,你需要多少个学生呢?
Dr.Li: Half a dozen.
6个。
Benjamin: I see, and Dr.Biely?
明白了,那白莉博士呢?
Dr.Biely: Three for excavation and two for analysis.
三个负责开掘,两个负责分析。
Benjamin: Certainly. Dr.Geller, which 1965 Shirelles hit was later covered by a popular British invasion band?
当然。盖勒博士,1965年沙伦斯乐队哪首歌被英国入侵乐队盖过风头?
Ross: Wha...? I need 6 graduate students.
什么...?我需要6个学生。 不
Benjamin: No! I'm sorry, we were looking for "Baby It's You". Baby It's You.
是!对不起。答♥案是 “宝贝,就是你”。宝贝,就是你。
Ross: Wha...? Wait, wait, wait, just a minute. None of my questions have anything to do with paleontology.
什么...?等等,等一下。我的问题没有一条是关于古生物学的。
Benjamin: You're right, I apologize. Scratch the last question. Spell "Mboscodictiasaur".
没错,我该道歉。那最后一条问题拼写单词Mboscodictiasaur。
Ross: Um...I've never heard of a "Mboscodictiasaur".
恩...。我没有听过Mboscodictiasaur啊。
Benjamin: Yeah, I just made it up. Spell it.
是,我乱编的单词。快拼。
Ross: Ok. B - O - S...
好的。B - O - S ...
Benjamin: No, it starts with a silent "M".
不,开头有个不发音的“M”。
Ross: Oh come on!
噢,拜托!
Chandler: I can't believe Joey. I hate being called a liar!
我不明白乔伊,我讨厌被人称为骗子。
Rachel: But you are a liar.
但你是个骗子。
Chandler: What did I just say?
我刚刚怎么说的?
Joey: You still here?
你还在啊?
Chandler: Yes, and I have to say, I am not just hurt. I am insulted. When I tell somebody I did something...
是的,我不仅是受伤害,还被侮辱了。当我说我已经做了某事...
Joey: Ok, whoah...hey...Let me just stop you right there, ok? First, you lied, right? Then, you lied about lying, ok? Then, you lied about lying about lying, ok? So before you lie about lying about lying about lying about...lying...Stop lying!
好了,好了... 我打断你一下好吗?首先,你说谎,对吗?然后,你又说谎去圆谎,好吗?然后,你又再说谎去圆你刚才圆的谎,是不是?所以在你说谎去圆你刚才,为圆谎...而说的谎...的那个谎言...不要说谎啦!
Chandler: Why are you so sure I didn't watch this tape?
为什么你这么肯定我没有看过那带子?
Joey: You wanna know what? You wanna know why?
你想知道?你想知道为什么?
Rachel: Well, this is going well.
事情发展得不错呢。
Joey: Here's how I know you didn't watch the tape, ok? If you had seen what was on this tape, believe me, you would have some comments. Alright, now, remember, I got paid a lot of money for this and it only aired in Japan. "Ichiban. Ichiban, lipstick for men. Ichiban, lipstick for men."
这就是我知道你没看的原因了。如果你看了这带子,你绝对不会没有话说的。听好,我收了很多钱才去拍这个广告,而且只在日本地区放映。“一级棒,一级棒,男用唇膏!一级棒,男用唇膏!”
Joey: And that's how I know you didn't watch the tape!
这就是我知道你没看的原因!
Chandler: He really is a chameleon.
他真的是一条变色龙呢。
Phoebe: Well, Gladys say hello to your new home!
格拉达斯,给你的新家打个招呼吧!
Monica: Oh, my!
哦,妈呀...!
Rachel: Wow! Oh, she's so nice and big! Oh, Monica, where are you going to display Gladys oh so proudly?
哇!噢!她真漂亮,又显眼!噢!莫妮卡,你会把她放到什么地方,让格拉达斯显的得体呢?
Monica: I haven't really settled on a spot yet!
我还没决定放在哪里!
Rachel: Well, hey! How about right above the TV? That way, it will be the first thing that you see when you walk in the door!
那,不如放在电视机上面吧!这样的话,人们一进门就马上看得到了!
Phoebe: Yeah, yeah! And you can get rid of that French poster.
好啊,好啊!那你就可以丢掉那法国的海报了。
Monica: I like that poster!
我喜欢那海报啊!
Phoebe: Really? It doesn't have anything coming out of it. Or maybe there is some place for her in your bedroom?
是吗?它没有东西可以“冒”出来啊。又或者你的卧室里有空位吗?
Rachel: Oh! There's nothing above your bed!
噢!你床头还空着呢!
Monica: Are you still here?
你还在这里住吗?
Ross: Stupid Nobel Prize winner! I'm sorry.
愚蠢的诺贝尔奖获得者!对不起。
Ross: Oh hi! Hello! Uh, have you come to ask me some more paleontology related questions? Uhm...your grandmother's nickname, perhaps? Aunt Margaret's pants size?
噢!嗨!你好!呃,你是来问我古生物学的问题的吗?呃...可能你要问我你祖母的小名吧?还是你马格莉特阿姨内♥裤的尺寸?
Benjamin: I've come here to apologize. I think I may have let my feelings for Charlie interfere with the interview process.
我是来道歉的。我想我对查莉的感情…影响到面试的程序了。
Ross: No! Stop!
没有!哪里有!
Benjamin: Anyway, I've decided to offer you the grant.
不管怎么说,我决定批准你的补助金。
Ross: Really?
真的吗?
Benjamin: Well...there is, there is just one small...stipulation.
是的...只是还有一个...小条件。
Ross: I have to break up with Charlie?
我要和查莉分手?
Benjamin: Hey, you got one right!
嘿!你终于答对一次了!
Ross: You're crazy.
你发神经。
Benjamin: Crazy, or...romantic?
神经,还是...浪漫?
Ross: Crazy!
神经!
Benjamin: Or...
还是...
Ross: Get out!
出去!
Rachel: Oh! my God!
噢!天啊!
Joey: What?
什么?
Rachel: Joey, what...is...this...thing...doing here?
乔伊,这...这...东西在这里干嘛?
Joey: I got it from Monica. She sold it to me for a very reasonable price.
我在莫妮卡那里拿过来的,她出了个很合理的价♥格。
Rachel: Joey, we're not keeping this!
乔伊,我们不能留着这个!
Joey: But it's an original Buffay...
但它是原版的布菲作品啊...
Rachel: Alright, fine. You can keep it. As long as you don't mind that she's haunted.
好的,没关系,你就留着吧。只要你不介意她四处游荡。
Joey: Hey? what? what? wey! whoo! what? what? !
嘿?什么?什么?嘿!噢!什么!?
Rachel: Well, legend has it Joey, that...she comes alive when you're asleep.
有这样一个传说...她在半夜里会活过来。
Rachel: She climbs out of the frame, and then drags her half-a-body across the floor, just looking for legs to steal. And then with her one good hand, she slowly reaches up and turns your doorknob.
她爬出这画框,然后她拖着她这半个身体,爬在地板上想办法去偷一双腿。然后,她用她唯一的一只手慢慢、慢慢地扭开门把手。
Joey: Get that legless witch out of here!
拿走这没脚的妖怪!!
Monica: Hey! I sold that to Joey.
嘿!我把它卖给乔伊了!
Rachel: Well, well I told him it's haunted. Two can play at this game. '
所以我骗他这是鬼怪了,我们都会玩这种把戏。
Monica: No, too late. You can't give it back!
不行,太迟了,你不能退货!
Rachel: Yes I can!
我当然可以!
Monica: No you can't. She's yours!
不,你不可以,她是你的!
Rachel: She's yours!
她是你的!
Monica: She's yours.
是你的!
Rachel: She's yours!
她是你的!
Phoebe: Hey!
嘿!
Rachel: She's mine!
她是我的!
Monica: She's mine!
她是我的!
Rachel: She's mine!
她是我的!
Monica: She's mine!
她是我的!
Phoebe: You guys! You don't have to fight over her anymore. Whoever doesn't get Gladys gets Glynnis.
你们啊!不用为她争吵了。谁得不到格拉达斯,就把格林妮斯拿回去吧。
Rachel: I want Gladys!
我要格拉达斯。
Monica: She's mine!
她是我的!
Rachel: She's mine!
她是我的!
Monica: She's mine!
她是我的!
Rachel: She's mine!
她是我的!
Chandler: Uh, Konichiwa Joey-san.
你好,乔伊先生(日语).
Joey: No no, you don't get to do that.
不要不要。你不要这样了。
Chandler: I know. Look, I'm sorry I didn't give them your tape. And I promise, next time to submit you whether I think you are right for the part or not.
很抱歉我没有把你的带子给他们。我保证,下次无论合不合适我都会把你推荐上去的。
Joey: That's not the point Chandler. The point is that you lied.
重点不是这个啊,钱德。重点是,你说了谎。
Chandler: I know. You're right. What's it gonna take for you to forgive me?
我知道,你说的对。我要做什么你才能原谅我?
Monica: Oh my God!
噢天啊!
Rachel: Excellent!
太完美了!
Joey: Now, what'd you say?
现在你该说什么?
Chandler: Lying is wrong!
说谎是不对的!
Joey: And? And?
还有呢?还有呢?
Chandler: I'm a pretty little girl.
我是个漂亮小女生。
Phoebe: I knew it!
我早就知道啦!
Ross: Your ex-boyfriend is insane.
你的前男友是个疯子。
Charlie: He is a character.
他是个有个性的人。
Ross: No no no no no. Charles Nelson Reilly is a character.
不是,才不是呢查尔斯·纳尔逊·赖利(演员)才是。
Charlie: Who?
谁?
Ross: Charles Nelson Reilly, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir? Match Game? Were you never sick as a child?
查尔斯·纳尔逊·赖利《幽灵与未亡人》和《比赛》的主演?你小时侯都没得过病吗?
Charlie: Whatever, did you get the grant?
随便啦!你得到那笔补助了吗?
Ross: No I didn't, and you wanna know why? Because your ex-boyfriend is still in love with you.
没有,你想知道为什么吗?因为你的前男友还是爱着你。
Charlie: What?
什么?
Ross: Yeah. He wouldn't give me the grant, because I wouldn't give you up.
没错他没有给我那笔补助,就因为我没有放弃你。
Charlie: Benji isn't in love with me. I mean, he broke up with me. And besides, he's a very ethical man.
班杰不会还爱着我的。因为当时是他抛弃我。 而且,他是个有道德的人。
Ross: Really? ?? Is it ethical to ask someone in a grant review, who was the voice of "Underdog"?
是吗???在补助调查中问这种问题:“谁是《超狗》的配音员?” 很认真吗?
Charlie: I'm sure he was just joking, Ross.
我肯定他是在开玩笑,罗斯。
Ross: If you don't believe me, let's go talk to him, ok? I'm telling you, he didn't ask me one paleontological question.
如果你不相信我,我们去找他对质吧。可以告诉你,他没有问过我一个关于考古学的问题。
Charlie: Seriously?
真的吗?
Ross: Oh, I'm sorry, no. He did ask me one. Uhm...How do you spell Mboscodictiosaur?
哦,不是,他问了我一个。呃...怎么拼Mboscodictiosaur.
Charlie: Well, if it's like the lake Mbosco in Congo, then M-B-O...
和刚果的Mbosco湖拼法一样,那是M-B-O...
Ross: Damn it!
可恶!
Benjamin: Dr. Geller? Charlie...What're you, what're you doing here?
盖勒博士?查莉...你...你到这来干什么?
Ross: I want you to tell her everything. About the deal you tried to make with me, about the...the crazy questions you...Wally Cox! That's the voice of Underdog!
我要你告诉他一切。告诉他你想和我做的交易,那些神经病的问题...沃利·考克斯!他就是《超狗》的配音!
Benjamin: Like I tried to tell you in the interview, Ross, this grant is not based on your knowledge of pretty useless trivia.
就如之前的面谈我告诉你的一样。这个补助基金不是为了这些无聊的知识而设的。
Ross: No, no, no. Don't do that! I want you to look her in the eyes, and tell her the truth.
不!不!不!别这样!我要你看着她的眼睛,告诉她真相。
Charlie: Benji?
班杰?
Benjamin: Alright, it's true. I behaved horribly. But it's only because I still love you. And I would do anything to have you back in my life.
是的,的确是这样。我之前简直是乱来。但这都是因为我还爱着你。只要你回到我身边,我可以做任何事。
Ross: Too little, too late, Benji!
太少了,太迟了,班杰!
Charlie: I can't believe this.
我不敢相信。
Benjamin: I never should've broken up with you. I think about you all the time. I mean, do you ever still think about me?
我真不应该离开你,我无时无刻不想起你。难道你一点都没有想起我?
Ross: No!
没有!
Charlie: Yes!
有!
Ross: What?
什么?
Charlie: I don't know what to say, Benji. This is all so...romantic.
我不知道该说什么好了,班杰。这一切实在太...浪漫了。
Ross: Or...
或者...
Benjamin: Listen, I know, I may be way out of bounds here, but is there any chance you would take me back?
我知道,或者我做得太过火了,但我们还有机会在一起吗?
Charlie: Maybe...
也许可以...
Ross: Sweetie, this conversation is starting to make me a little uncomfortable.
甜心,你们的对话让我觉得有点不舒服了。
Charlie: Oh, God! I am so sorry, but...I mean it's...there's so much history between us, you know...
噢 天啊!我很抱歉,但...我是说...我们之前有太多的过去了...
Benjamin: I'm sorry too...
我也觉得抱歉...
Benjamin: I love you!
我爱你!
Charlie: I love you too!
噢!我也爱你!
Ross: Okay, that's it, we are seeing other people.
好了,够了。我们算是完了!
Joey: Gladys?
格拉达斯?
Rachel: Ha ha, Gladys third time this week. Man, this's not get old.
哈哈哈,这个星期的第三次了。老兄,你怎么还没长大啊?
Joey: You're mean!
你真可恶!
Rachel: Oh, don't be such a baby!
哦!别这么幼稚!


《老友记》本章剧本下载