老友记 第十季 第十五集

FriendsS10E15

Part1

2019年8月27日 02:48 推荐到豆瓣

Friends Season 10 Episode 15: The One where Estelle Dies.


老友记第10季第15集:埃斯特拉之死。

Chandler: How did the job stuff go?
工作的事怎么样?
Rachel: He offered me one.
他给了我一份工作。
Ross: You know what? This calls for a bottle of Israel's finest.
这时候该来一瓶以色列的佳酿。
Rachel: The job is in Paris.
工作是在巴黎。
Rachel: Oh, God! Please, somebody say something.
天啊!你们说话呀。
Ross: So if you take this job you'll be, you'll be moving to Paris?
如果你接受这份工作,你将要搬去巴黎吗?
Chandler: Or facing a bitch of a commute.
难道是乘飞机上下班?
Rachel: I know, it's huge, and it's scary, and it's...really far, far away from you guys, but this is such an incredible opportunity for me. And I've already talked to them about our situation with Emma, and they said they'll do whatever we need to make us feel comfortable.
我明白,这很艰巨,我感到恐惧。而且离你们那么那么的遥远。可是这对我是一个很好的机会。我还跟他们说明了艾玛的情况,他们答应尽力给予我方便。
Ross: Ok.
好。
Rachel: I mean, I'll fly back and forth, they'll fly you out...Anything we want.
我可以回来看望她,你也可以带她去看望我...满足我们任何要求。
Chandler: My boss said I might be getting a new lamp in my cubicle.
我老板答应给我的睡房买一盏新的台灯。
Ross: All right, we'll work it out.
好的,没问题。
Rachel: Oh thank you! Thank you!
谢谢。
Ross: Yeah.
好。
Ross: You sure this is what you want?
这是你渴望的吗?
Rachel: I think it is.
我相信是。
Phoebe: Ooh, what's going on?
怎么了?
Rachel: I got a really incredible job offer.
我得到一份很棒的工作。
Joey: Hey, great! All right!
太好了。
Phoebe: Good for you!
为你高兴。
Rachel: It's in Paris.
是在巴黎。
Joey: What? No, no, no! No, no...no...no, no...No, too much is changing, ok? First, Phoebe getting married. Congratulations! and then, and these two move into a stupid house in the stupid suburbs...
什么?不…不…不… 发生太多改变了好吗?首先,菲比结婚了 …恭喜。然后这两个家伙要搬到,那所讨厌的房子...
Monica: Hey, this afternoon you said you'd be supportive.
嘿,今天下午你还说会支持的。
Joey: Well, it comes and goes. I wouldn't trust it.
我变来变去的,不能相信我。
Rachel: Well you guys, this is really, really important to me. And it means a lot if you could try to get on board.
伙计们,这对我十分十分重要。如果你们尝试接受,我会很感激的。
Phoebe: Of course we can. Congratulations.
我们当然会。恭喜你。
Rachel: Thank you.
谢谢。
Phoebe: Yay!
好。
Phoebe: Joey?
乔伊?
Joey: No no, no, no, no. My hugs are reserved for people staying in America!
不不不,我只关心留在美国的那些人!
Rachel: Joey, it would mean so...
乔伊,我…
Joey: Hey! No! Get your France-going-arms away from me.
不,要去法国的人别靠近我。
Rachel: Joey...
乔伊。
Phoebe: You ok with this?
你不会难过吗?
Chandler: Well, it makes me feel sad, but...
实际上我感到伤心...
Phoebe: Talking to Ross.
我是在问罗斯。
Chandler: I see.
知道了。
Ross: Oh. Rachel moving to another country? Not being able to see her every day. How...how can I be ok with this?
瑞秋去了另一个国家?不能每天看到她。我怎么会不难过?
Monica: I know, but what are we gonna do? She really needs this job.
我们又能怎么样?她需要这份工作。
Ross: Do you think if uh, if the Ralph Lauren people offered her her old job back, she would take it?
如果罗夫罗兰公司请她回去,她会愿意吗?
Monica: How is that gonna happen?
这怎么可能?
Chandler: Is this the best way to use one of your three magic wishes?
你就是这么使用你的3个魔法愿望的吗?
Ross: I, I don't know. I could talk to her boss. Yeah! I, I met him at that Christmas party. Um, we-we really hit it off.
也许,我能跟她的老板谈谈。对!我跟他在圣诞派对见过面。我们相处的很好。
Monica: You mean the guy who kept calling you Ron?
是那个一直管你叫罗的家伙吗?
Ross: I didn't say we were brothers.
我并没有说我们是兄弟呀。
Joey: Technically this is not a hug!
技术上说,这不算拥抱。
Gunther: You read the obituaries?
你在读讣告?
Phoebe: Uh, yeah, well, I...I got a few curses on people. I just like to see how they're coming.
是的,而且,我受到一些人的诅咒,我只想看看他们有什么下场。
Monica: Hey, Phoebe.
嘿,菲比。
Phoebe: Hey.
嘿。
Monica: Hey, all right. The house next door to the one that we're buying in Westchester? Just went on the market. I wanna take a look at it, but Chandler doesn't.
嘿。在我们打算买的那座房子旁边,有一座房子也在出♥售。我想去看看,可钱德不愿意。
Chandler: We close escrow tomorrow, so seeing another house can only confuse us, and we're easily confused. We're not very bright.
我们明天就签约了。再看其它房子只会迷惑自己。我们很容易感到迷惑,我们并不机灵。
Monica: But what if it is better than ours? Should we at least look?
那如果它比我们的更好呢,至少应该看看。
Chandler: What'd you think Pheebs?
你怎么看,菲比?
Phoebe: Well, I think that shirt makes you look like you should work at a Baskin Robbins. Anyway. Hey, isn't Joey's agent Estelle Leonard?
我觉得你穿这件衬衣,像巴斯金罗宾斯雪糕餐厅的服务员。反正怎么都像。乔伊的经纪人是艾斯黛雷纳多吗?
Chandler: Yeah.
对。
Phoebe: She died.
她死了。
Chandler: You're kidding!
真的吗?
Monica: That's terrible!
真糟糕。
Phoebe: Yeah, last Saturday. Wow! She was the first black man to fly solo across the Atlantic. Oh, wait a minute, I read the wrong one.
是的,在上个星期。哇!她是第一个独自驾机飞越大西洋的黑人男性。 哦,等等。我看串行了。
Chandler: Oh yeah?
哦?
Phoebe: Yeah, she was just an agent.
她只是一个经济人。
Monica: Joey's gonna be so upset.
乔伊肯定感到很难过。
Chandler: I know. He always wanted to be the first black man to cross the Atlantic.
是的。他一直希望成为第一个独自驾机飞越大西洋的黑人男性。
Phoebe: Well, we cannot tell Joey about this. He's already flipping out about everything that's changing. This...this'll push him over the edge.
我们不能让乔伊知道这件事。一切都在改变,他都快要发疯了。不能再刺♥激他了。
Monica: Seriously, you don't think we should tell him?
你真的认为我们不应该告诉他吗?
Phoebe: Well, not for a little while. Let's just give him a few days to get used to everything else.
至少暂时不说。给他几天,先消化已经发生了的事。
Monica: What if he reads it in the paper?
如果他从报纸上看到呢?
Chandler: Unless Snoopy says it to Charlie Brown, I think we're ok.
除非是八卦的史努比告诉查理布朗,否则就没问题。
Mr.Zelner: May I help you?
有什么事吗?
Ross: Yeah, I'm a friend of Rachel Green's. Uhm, actually we...we met at the Christmas party about two years ago.
我是瑞秋格林的朋友。我们2年前在圣诞派对上见过面。
Mr.Zelner: Oh right, Don?
哦,是唐吗?
Ross: Close. Ron.
差不多,是罗。
Mr.Zelner: Uh, what can I do for you?
有什么能帮忙的吗?
Ross: Uhm, well, I'm here to see if...if you'll give Rachel her job back.
想了解一下,能不能恢复瑞秋的工作?
Mr.Zelner: Ah, did she ask you to come here and do this?
是她让你来的吗?
Ross: Oh, no. At first I have to get you to agree. Then we'll see if she wants to come back.
不。如果你同意了,我还要问问她是否愿意回来。
Mr.Zelner: Wow, that is tempting.
哇,这真吸引人。
Ross: Look, she loved her job here. And let's face it: you're not gonna find anyone who did it as well as she did it. Isn't that true?
她很喜欢这份工作,实际上你找不到比她更好的人选。是这样吗?
Mr.Zelner: She is good!
是很不错。
Ross: Huh, I took a shot there.
我真没料到。
Mr.Zelner: But I'm sorry. There's nothing I can do. Ah, it's not true, there's...there's nothing I want to do.
可是,很抱歉。我无能为力。事实是,我不想出力。
Ross: I see. Thanks very much.
好的。谢谢。
Ross: Is this your son?
是你儿子吗?
Mr.Zelner: Yeah, his name is Ross.
对,他叫罗斯。
Mr.Zelner: What?
怎么了?
Ross: Uh, nothing, it's just, it's uh, it's close to Ron. Does he um...Does little Ross like dinosaurs by any chance?
没什么,跟罗很接近嘛。这小罗斯也会碰巧对恐龙有兴趣吗?
Mr.Zelner: Yeah, they're all he talks about, why?
是的,他老是说起,那又怎么样?
Ross: How would he like to come with me to the Museum of Natural History after everyone else has left, just the two of us, and, and he can touch anything he wants... I just heard it how you must've heard it and that's not good. Uhm, let me start again. I'm a paleontologist, eh, you'll be there with us, and the touching refers only to bones. fossils!
他是否愿意和我到自然历史博物馆在其他人都离开之后,就剩我们两个。他想摸哪里就摸哪里...我说的,你都听到了。不是那么回事。让我再说一遍。我是古生物学家。你也可以在场,摸的只会是骨头…和化石。
Mr.Zelner: You can really arrange that?
你真的可以安排到吗?
Ross: You let Rachel come back, and it's done.
如果你能让瑞秋回来,那就这么定了。
Mr.Zelner: Well, I guess having Rachel back wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
我想,让瑞秋回来,不见得就是坏事。
Ross: Yeah! Yes! Thank you! This is great. Thank you so much. And I swear, your, your kid is gonna have the time of his life.
太好了,十分感谢。我保证,这是你的孩子终身难忘的经历。
Mr.Zelner: That's great. I worry about little Ross. He's-he's always reading, he's collecting rocks and he's obsessed with dinosaurs.
太好了。我对他挺担心的。他老是捧着书本,收集石头。完全被恐龙给迷住了。
Ross: He'll be fine.
他会很好的。
Joey: Hey Pheebs.
嘿,菲比。
Phoebe: Hey. Everything ok?
嘿。你怎么了?
Joey: Just mad at my agent.
我在生我经纪人的气。
Phoebe: Estelle? Why?
艾斯黛?为什么?
Joey: There's a part in a TV movie that I would be perfect for and I didn't even be put up for it! She'd better have a good reason.
有一部电视电影,其中的角色很合适我演,她没有推荐我去!她必须告诉我原因。
Phoebe: I'm...I'm guessing she does.
我想她有原因的。
Joey: Yeah. Well...I wanna hear it, because she keeps doing this.
我想听听,她老是这样。
Phoebe: Well, no, no, wait, wait, wait. All right, I gotta go. Just listen. Promise me, that you will wait a minute before you call her.
噢,等等。我要先走了。答应我,等一会再打给她。
Joey: Ok. Why?
为什么?
Phoebe: Because a promise between friends means never having to give a reason.
因为,朋友之间的诺言,从不需要有原因。
Joey: I love that saying!
我喜欢这句话。
Joey: Hello?
嗨!
Phoebe: Joey, it's Estelle.
乔伊,我是艾斯黛。
Joey: I was just gonna call you! That's weird.
我正想打电话给你。太怪了。
Phoebe-Estelle: It's a little coincidental, but believable...Listen, I'm sure you're wondering why I didn't get you an audition for that TV movie.
这是巧合,但是可信...我想你肯定想知道,我为什么没有安排你为那部电视电影试镜。
Joey: Yeah, actually I am!
是的,确实是的。
Phoebe-Estelle: I guess I dropped the ball there. Whoopsie!
我想我失职了。哦!
Joey: That's it? You know, it seems all you do lately is drop the ball.
就这样?似乎你最近老是失职。
Phoebe-Estelle: Don't take that tone with me. Who you think you are? Alan Lemond, the first black man to fly solo across the Atlantic?
不要这么和我说话。你以为自己是谁?阿兰·莱蒙?第一个独自驾机飞越大西洋的黑人男性?
Joey: No, no, look. All I'm saying is you're my agent, ok? And you're not getting me into any auditions and I'm tired of it.
听我说,你是我的经纪人。但是你没有为我争取到试镜机会。我受够了。
Phoebe-Estelle: What're you saying?
你这样说什么意思?
Joey: I'm saying that. This isn't working for me anymore, ok? Estelle, you're fired. Goodbye.
我意思是,不能再这样了。艾斯黛你被解雇了。再见。
Phoebe: Man, tough week for Estelle!
噢,这个星期艾斯黛真不走运。
Ross: Hi.
嗨。
Rachel: Hi.
嗨。
Ross: Emma left her stuffed T. rex at my house. You know she can't sleep without it.
艾玛把这忘在我房间了。没这个她可睡不着哦。
Rachel: Oh, well, she's asleep now. Stop forcing that thing on her.
嗯,她现在在睡觉呢。别再塞这玩意儿给她。
Ross: Ok.
好的。
Rachel: Oh, you're not gonna believe what happened to me today! Ralph Lauren called, and gave me my job back!
哦,你绝对不会相信今天发生的事!罗夫罗兰公司打电话请我回去。
Ross: No!
不会吧。
Rachel: All right, it was so weirdest thing. They fired me and then out of nowhere they just hire me back! I mean, that place must just've been falling apart without me.
这是多么古怪呀。他们先是解雇我,然后又无缘无故重新聘用我!一定是没我就不行了。
Ross: So, you...you're not going to Paris.
那么,你不去巴黎了吧。
Rachel: No, I'm still going.
去呀。我还去。
Ross: Wh...wh...what?
什…什么?!
Rachel: Well, when, when the Louis Vuitton people found out that Ralph Lauren wanted me back, the offered me more money! Isn't that great?
好吧,当路易斯威登公司发现罗夫罗兰公司请我回去,他们就提高了我的报酬!罗斯,是不是太棒了?
Ross: Yeeeah!
耶!
Monica: Hi. We're buying the house next door, and we were wondering if we could just take a look around.
嗨。我们有意买下旁边的那座房子。允许我们参观一下这里吗?
Lady: Oh, sure. I'm showing it to someone else right now, but please, look around.
当然可以。我刚好带人来参观,你们进来吧。
Monica: Thanks.
谢谢。
Chandler: It feels like we're cheating on our house. And if we're gonna cheat, shouldn't it be with like a hot, younger house, that does stuff that our house won't do?
我感到这是对我们房子的不忠。你会为了另一座年轻漂亮的房子而对老房子不忠吗?
Monica: Ours is so much better! This living room is smaller, the dining room looks like a cave! Uh, what a hole!
我们的比这里更棒。客厅更小。餐厅像个洞穴!真受不了!
Lady: So? What'd you think?
你们觉得怎么样?
Monica: Love it!
喜欢!
Lady: Well, we already have one offer on it, and I think the lady upstairs is going to make another one.
我们本来有一位买家,楼上的女士是另一位。
Monica: They could be our neighbors, what-what're they like?
是我们的邻居耶,他们是什么样的?
Lady: Oh, the woman upstairs is very nice. She and her husband have two kids, uh, he's on Wall Street and she's on...
楼上这位女士很好,她和丈夫有2个小孩。丈夫在华尔街工作,她是…
Janice: Oh my God!
喔…我的…上帝啊!
Chandler: Sure.
没错。
Phoebe: Hey Joey, you wanna come with me to...are you ok?
乔伊,你想和我去…?你怎么啦?
Joey: Yeah, I just...I just feel bad about firing Estelle. This's gotta be killing her.
我为解雇艾斯黛的事难过。她肯定伤心死了。
Phoebe: No, that wouldn't kill her. Coronary embolism might.
她不会因此死的。除非她有血栓塞。
Joey: I don't know. She's got to be taking it hard, I was like her only client. Except for this guy who eats paper. And I'm guessing he eats more money than he makes. Look, I know she's not a great agent, but she did stick with me for ten years. I'm gonna call her and hire her again.
她肯定很难过。我是她唯一的客户,那个会吃纸的家伙除外。我猜他吃的钱比挣得多。我明白她不是优秀的经纪人,但我们合作10年了。我要给她打电话,重新雇佣她。
Phoebe: No, no, no! You don't, don't call her! You wait for her to call you.
不…不…不要给她打电话,你等她给你打电话。
Joey: Why?
为什么?
Phoebe: Because patience is the road to understanding which...is the key, to a happy heart.
耐心是通向理解的大道...那是得到快乐的关键。
Joey: You blow me away.
你真让人吃惊,我服了。
Phoebe: All right, so promise you're gonna wait for her to call you?
答应我,你等她给你打电话。
Joey: I promise.
我答应你。
Phoebe: Okay.
好的。
Joey: And that means, never having to give a reason.
这意味着,从不需要有原因。
Janice: What a small world!
这世界真小呀!
Chandler: And yet I never run into Beyonce!
我还没碰到过碧昂丝(流行天后)!
Realtor: You two know each other?
你们认识?
Janice: Oh, we go way back. Before Monica made an honest man out of him, Chandler used to be my little love muffin!
噢,我们认识很久了。在莫妮卡认识他之前钱德是我的小甜饼!
Chandler: Don't judge me.
别审我。
Monica: Why not? I do.
为什么不?我要。
Janice: So? Are you guys thinking of getting this house too? Ooh! Are we gonna have a bidding war? I'd better warn you, I'm a toughie.
这么说,你们也要想买下一座房子?如果是要投标竞价的话,我可要警告你了,我可是流氓。
Chandler: Don't, don't! Don't, don't do that.
不,不,不!不要。
Monica: No, actually, we're buying the house next door.
其实我打算买下隔壁那座房子。
Chandler: What? Why? !
为...为什么?
Monica: I don't know why.
我不知道为什么。
Janice: Ooh, that decides it then. I was on the fence. But knowing that you two would be our neighbors? Ah! now we have to get it! Ellen, we're gonna talk numbers.
那就这么定了。本来我还在犹豫。没想到我们会成为邻居。那我就买下来了!艾伦,我们去定下价钱。
Chandler: This can not be happening!
怎么会搞成这样!
Monica: Ok, the realtor said another couple made an offer. Maybe the Janice's won't get it! Maybe the other couple will.
经纪人不是说还有另外一对夫妇有意购买吗?珍妮丝可能就买不成了!另外的夫妇可能会买下。
Chandler: The only way that that is going to happen, is if the other couple are the Hitlers.
这绝不可能发生,除非那是希特勒夫妇才能抢过她。
Monica: Ok, Ok, All right. What if we got both houses? Huh? We can turn this house into a guest house.
我们两座房子都买下来,怎么样?将这里作为家庭旅馆。
Chandler: That is a great idea! And by the way, I don't mean to sound distasteful, but when did you start crapping money? !
真是好主意。不过我不想扫兴,但是你从什么时候开始爱乱花钱了。
Monica: Ok, you come up with an idea.
好呀。那你来想办法。
Chandler: Alright alright alright, we still have three hours till escrow closes on our house. We can still get out.
好啊还有3个小时才签约,我们现在取消还来得及。
Monica: But we love our house.
我们喜欢这座房子。
Chandler: Will we love it so much with her next door? And she's gonna be louder out here too. Just the, just the crickets and "Oh My God"!
你也同样喜欢住在她隔壁吗?她还会在这大声嚷嚷,讨厌的“喔…我的…上帝呀…”
Monica: Ok, but if we don't get this house, she's still gonna show up wherever we go! I mean, at least if she's here, it eliminates the element of surprise. I mean, never again will you have to hear the three words that make your balls jump back up inside your body.
即使我们不买这座房子,她还是会在我们面前出现!她住在这,起码不会突然吓我们一跳。你不会再听到那3个字连你的蛋蛋都被吓得缩进去。
Chandler: Well, we have to do something. We can't have her living next door. Oh, that does it too.
我们得想想办法,不能就让她住在隔壁。嗯,确实会。
Mr.Zelner: Who is it?
谁?
Ross: It's me. Ron. Look, I um, I know Rachel turned you down but I think there is a way you might be able to get her to come back.
是我,罗。我知道瑞秋拒绝你了,不过我有一个法子能让她回来。
Mr.Zelner: This may surprise you, but re-hiring fired employees, is not my main job.
请你别见怪,重新聘用已经解雇的员工,不是我主要的工作。
Ross: Just hear me out. How would you feel, about offering her a raise?
先听我说。给她提高薪酬,你认为怎么样?
Mr.Zelner: Not good, Ron.
不好,罗。
Ross: Perhaps I can persuade you. What if you can give your son this genuine pterodactyl egg replica.
可能我会说服你。你希望送给你儿子这么一只恐龙蛋吗?
Mr.Zelner: Wow, that's uh, that's pretty cool.
哇,这很不错呀。
Ross: Huh? So? We have a deal?
这么说?我们成交了?
Mr.Zelner: Ok, you got it.
好的,你成功了。
Ross: Yes! yes!
太好了!
Mr.Zelner: This is gonna make me very popular.
这会让我很受欢迎。
Ross: Oh, Believe me, the ladies, they love it!
喔,相信我,女士们都喜欢。
Mr.Zelner: I meant with my son.
我指的是我儿子。
Ross: Good, 'cause the ladies, not so much.
对。女士对它不感兴趣。
Answering machine: Joey, this is Al Zebooker, the guy who eats paper. I'm sure you've heard that Estelle passed away. I wanted to let you know there's a memorial for her at the Westside chapel, tomorrow at ten. Hope you can make it.
乔伊,我是艾尔,那个吃纸的人。相信你听说了艾斯黛过世的消息。我通知你参加追悼会在韦斯特赛德教堂,明天10点。希望你能来。
Joey: Oh my God.
天呀。
Joey: Hello?
你好?
Phoebe: Joey, it's Estelle.
乔伊,我是艾斯黛。
Joey: Estelle?
艾斯黛?
Phoebe: Yeah, I wanted to call and tell you that there's no hard feelings for firing me.
我打电话是要告诉你,我没有因为你解雇我而感到伤心。
Joey: Okay. I just, I can't believe you're calling me.
好的。真难以置信你会打电话给我。
Phoebe: Well, I didn't think I should just drop by. Joey: No, no, no! Don't drop by, don't drop by! No, no, no, no.
我觉得我不应该冒然造访。 不,不要来访。
Phoebe: Anyway, you did what you had to do. I'm ok.
总之,你继续做你的事。我很好。
Joey: Can I ask you something? Uhm, what's it like there?
能问你个问题吗?你那边怎么样?
Phoebe: It's alright. Look kiddo, I gotta go. Good luck with the career. You're gonna be huge.
还凑合。我要挂了。祝你好运。你会飞黄腾达的。
Joey: Thanks for everything Estelle. Bye. "out of area". Boy, I'll say.
谢谢你艾斯黛。再见。不在服务区?!我说呢。
Janice: Well...I just talked to Sid, we are definitely putting in an offer on the house and I'll bet we get it.
我们讨论过了。我们要买下这座房子一定会成功的。
Chandler: The Hitlers will be so disappointed.
希特勒夫妇肯定会很失望。
Janice: All right, I...I gotta run. Tell Monica I say goodbye. And...I'll see you later, neighbor.
我要先走了。帮我跟莫妮卡说再见。我们回头见,邻居。
Chandler: Wait! I just want you to know that...I'm so happy you're going to be here.
等等!我想告诉你。你住在这里我很开心。
Janice: Oh, me too!
噢,我也是。
Chandler: Because...that way...we can pick up where we left off.
因为这样…我们就能再续前缘。
Janice: Huh?
啊?
Chandler: I never stopped loving you.
我一直都爱着你。
Janice: Oh...my...
喔…我的…
Chandler: Yeah, yeah, yeah! I want you...I need you...I must have you Janice Litman Goralnik Neihosenstein.
对对。我想你...我要你...珍妮丝·利特曼·高软尼克·尼·豪森斯特。
Janice: Chandler, what're you talking about?
钱德,你在说什么啊?
Chandler: Now that you live next door, we can be together every day. Sid and Monica never have to know a thing.
你现在住在隔壁,我们会每天在一起。西德和莫妮卡根本不会察觉。
Janice: I don't know what to say. I mean, you know, obviously, we have this...heat between us.
我不知道该说什么。很显然,我们之间还有热情。
Chandler: Obviously.
很显然。
Janice: But I love my husband. And I know you love your wife. Now, I...I don't think we should get this house now.
但我爱我的丈夫。我也知道你爱你的妻子。我现在认为我不应该买这座房子。
Chandler: Don't say that. Don't tangle the dream and take it away.
别这么说,别打破我们的美梦。
Janice: Chandler, one of us has got to be strong.
钱德 我们其中必须有一个人立场要坚定。
Chandler: I understand.
我知道。
Janice: Although, maybe just, one last moment of weakness.
尽管,最后就软弱一次吧。
Janice: Goodbye, Chandler Bing.
再见了,钱德宾。
Chandler: They're never coming down now.
我的蛋蛋不会再缩回去了。
Rachel: Hi!
嘿。
Ross: Hi!
嘿。
Rachel: You are never going to believe what happened to me today.
嘿,你肯定不会相信今天的事。
Ross: What?
是什么?
Rachel: Ralph Lauren called again and they offered me more money.
罗夫罗兰公司又打电话来了,而且他们给我更高的报酬。
Ross: They did?
真的吗?
Rachel: Yes. It was the weirdest thing. Zelner called me and he said we'll do everything we can to get you back. And that I should thank some Ron. I don't even know what department that guy is in.
是的。真的太古怪了。则纳说愿意以任何代价请我回去。还说我应该为此感谢罗。可我连他是谁都不知道。
Ross: So, what're, what're you gonna do?
那么,你决定要怎么做?
Rachel: Well, I took it.
我接受了。
Ross: That's great! So you're staying in New York!
这太好了!你会留在纽约!
Ross: You're...you're excited, right?
你高兴吗?
Rachel: Yeah. Yeah! You know, the money's great. It's certainly the easier choice.
是的。报酬很优厚,是理所当然的选择。
Ross: Right!
对呀。
Rachel: But, you know, was I looking forward to going to Paris. Sure. You know, was I excited about working in the fashion capital of the world. Ooh, absolutely. Ohh! Yeah, but you know, this is...it's fine. I'm fine going back to a job where I've pretty much gotten everything out of that I possibly can...
我本来是盼望着去巴黎的,为能在世界时装之都工作而感到兴奋。哦,太棒了。不过这样也不错。重新回到原来的工作我觉得还不错。尽管我已经忘掉它了...
Ross: I hadn't know you, I had no idea you were, you were so excited about Paris. Uhm, I mean, you-you said you were scared.
我不知道,我不知道你为巴黎如此着迷。你说过你感到害怕。
Rachel: Well yeah, but I mean, it was good scared though, you know? I mean, I...Like when I moved to New York scared. Or uh, when I found out I was gonna have Emma scared...But this is...fine. This is gonna be good.
我想这是良性的害怕。当我搬来纽约时,我感到害怕。当我发现怀上艾玛时,我感到害怕。这很不错啦,能行的。
Ross: You should go.
你应该去。
Rachel: What?
什么?
Ross: It's what you want. You should go.
那是你希望做的,去吧。
Rachel: You really think so?
你真的这么认为吗?
Ross: I really do.
真的。
Rachel: But I already told Zelner that I would come back.
可是我已经答应了回去。
Ross: I'm sure he'll understand.
我相信他会理解的。
Rachel: All right. All right! I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna go to Paris.
好的。我就这么定了。我要去巴黎。
Ross: Yeah.
好啊。
Rachel: Yeah! I'm going to Paris. Thank you, Ross!
好啊!我要去巴黎。谢谢你,罗斯。
Ross: Yeah, yeah, oh!
是啊。
Rachel: Oh! Oh, I'm so happy.
我太高兴了。
Ross: Then I'm happy too.
我也高兴。
Joey: Thank you all for coming. We're here today to pay respects to a wonderful agent and a beautiful woman...inside. As Estelle's only two clients we would like to say a few words. Dude, where's my speech? That is entertaining. Al Zebooker everybody.
谢谢你们的到来。我们相聚在此怀念一位优秀的经纪人,一位美丽的女性…内在美。作为艾斯黛仅有的两位客户,我们有话要说。我的讲稿上哪去了?这么做很有趣。各位,这是阿尔则布克。


《老友记》本章剧本下载