悬案凶手终被捉获 温迪博士全职加入
Okay.
好了
Hello?
有人吗
Thanks for coming up, Dr. Carr. Of course.
谢谢你能来 卡尔博士 应该的
I realized I don't know much about your life in Boston,
我发现我对你在波士顿的生活不甚了解
outside of your work at the university. Do you have a husband?
除了你在大学工作 你有丈夫吗
No. Kids, or...?
没有 孩子呢 或者...
No. Neither.
也没有
I've been following your work,
我一直在关注你的工作
and I have to say I'm rather impressed.
不得不说 你让我印象深刻
Well, thank you. I appreciate that.
谢谢夸奖
I'm not the only one.
不只我这样想
There's a growing interest in your project around here.
大家对你的项目越来越感兴趣
So I was wondering,
所以我在想
Agents Tench and Ford can't run this all by themselves,
坦奇探员和福特探员无法独自完成这些工作
if you would be interested in
你是否愿意在匡提科
managing the project and keeping things on track
以更固定的职位来管理这个项目
in a more permanent position here at Quantico.
让研究工作顺利进行
No. I can't. You don't have to answer now.
不 我不行 你不必现在就回答我
It's very flattering, but I already have a job in Boston.
我很荣幸 但我在波士顿已经有工作了
Dr. Carr, your knowledge and professionalism
卡尔博士 你的知识和专业素养
have already had a great impact
深刻地影响了
on our understanding of behavioral science.
我们对行为科学的理解
It would be a shame not to take full advantage of that.
若不能充分利用就太可惜了
Take your time.
慢慢来
Sleep on it.
好好考虑
I'd rather you didn't tell Tench or Ford
希望你在决定之前
about this until you make your decision.
不要对坦奇和福特提及此事
They don't know? No.
他们还不知道 对
I have two questions for you, Benjamin. First one...
我有两个问题 本杰明 第一...
That thing on? Yes.
开了吗 开了
What the fuck were you crying about last time we saw you?
我们上次见你时 你♥他♥妈在哭什么
And secondly, and this one is a big question,
第二 这是个大问题
so I want you to listen very carefully.
我希望你仔细听好
Are you listening to me? Benji?
你在听我说话吗 小本
Why? Why would you do that to Beverly Jean?
为什么 你为什么要那样对贝芙莉·简
Fractured jaw. Two black eyes.
打裂她下巴 打肿她双眼
Why?
为什么
Fourteen stab wounds in the torso with a kitchen knife.
用菜刀在她身上捅了14下
Blow to the head, blunt force trauma.
用钝器击打她头部 导致外伤
Her breasts were amputated.
割掉她的乳♥房
I need to know this.
给我个原因
Why would you do that to your girlfriend, man?
你为什么要这样对你女友
I didn't.
我没有
So you're telling us it was Frank.
所以你是说 这是弗兰克干的
He called us. He was freaked out. I went over.
他打给我们 他吓坏了 我就过去了
And then? I walked into the living room
然后呢 我走进客厅
and Beverly Jean was knocked out on the floor, tied up.
看到贝芙莉·简被打晕在地 绑了起来
Did he tell you what happened?
他告诉你发生什么了吗
Benji was a total mess.
小本当时一团糟
Think he tried to get into her panties, or someting,
他可能是想上她之类的
she wouldn't let him, so he knocked her out.
她不同意 他就把她敲晕了
That's why he called you?
那是他打给你的原因吗
He always calls me when he's in trouble.
他每次惹了麻烦都给我打电话
But she was still alive at this point? Yes.
但她当时还活着吗 对
So why'd you kill her? Don't answer that.
那你为何要杀了她 不用回答
I didn't.
我没杀她
Why would a man, any man,
为什么一个男人 任何男人
do that to a woman's breasts?
会对女人的乳♥房下此毒手
And who would take a hunting knife to a woman's reproductive organs?
谁会用猎刀切开女人的生殖器官
All right. All right.
好吧 好吧
All right"? There's nothing right about it.
"好吧" 这根本不好 "
That's enough. Now my client's also a victim here.
够了 我的委托人同时也是受害者
A victim? Interesting, thank you, I'll take that.
受害者 有意思 谢谢 我接受
Let's do an easy one. Why did you do that to her hair?
换个简单的问题 你为什么要那样处理她的头发
You don't have to answer that. So you did cut her hair?
不用回答 这么说你确实割下了她的头发
Frank seems to think Beverly Jean got to a point in your relationship
弗兰克似乎认为贝芙莉·简在和你交往过程中
where she was interested in seeing other guys.
开始对其他男人有兴趣
She'd just had her hair done, right?
她刚做好了头发 是不是
Let me ask you one more thing.
我再问你一个问题
How does stabbing somebody in the asshole make you feel better?
用刀捅别人的肛♥门如何能让你好受一点
Enough. This is all just speculation.
够了 这都是推测而已
You still have the death penalty in Pennsylvania?
宾夕法尼亚州还有死刑吗
Don't threaten my client.
别威胁我的委托人
Tell us you're not a monster. Give us one reason to believe.
告诉我们你不是怪物 给我们一个相信你的理由
She fucked Frank.
她睡了弗兰克
He told you this?
他告诉你的吗
I saw. What did you see?
我看见了 你看见了什么
I saw her on the living room floor with Frank on top of her.
我看见她躺在客厅的地板上 弗兰克压在她身上
So what did you do?
你做了什么
Nothing. You didn't do anything?
什么都没做 你什么都没做
No. You didn't hit him?
没有 你没打他吗
No. You hit her.
没有 但你打了她
Why would Beverly Jean want sex with Frank?
为什么贝芙莉·简想和弗兰克做♥爱
He's always saying he liked her hair.
他总是说他很喜欢她的头发
Every time he saw her.
每次看见她都说
Thing is, he didn't care about her hair at all.
问题是他根本不在乎她的头发
He just used it to rile me.
他那么说只是为了激怒我
She was too stupid to notice.
她太蠢了 意识不到
So you killed her? I didn't kill her.
所以你杀了她 我没有杀她
She was already dead when I stabbed her.
我捅她时 她已经死了
She was already dead.
她已经死了
So you raped her in front of him? He told you that?
你在他面前强♥奸她吗 他告诉你的吗
Why do you want to fuck your brother in law's girlfriend?
你为什么想要操你大舅子的女朋友
Maybe he wants to show him how to do it?
也许他想把正确做法演示给他
Maybe you was just trying to mess with him?
也许你只是和他过不去
fuck you.
操♥你♥妈
I hope they fry your ass in the fucking chair.
我希望他们用电椅处死你
Don't try to intimidate my client.
不要恐吓我的委托人
If Benjamin killed her, you should just tell us.
如果是本杰明杀了她 你应该告诉我们
I didn't see Benji kill her.
我没看到小本杀她
I hate that fuck Frank, but it's always the boyfriend.
我讨厌弗兰克那个混♥蛋 但凶手总是男朋友
When you're lost, you play the odds. It's Benjamin.
想不明白时 看概率就行 凶手是本杰明
I'm not so sure.
我不确定
You should have seen Frank after you walked out of the room.
你真该看看你走出门后弗兰克的样子
He looked at me and said, "I did not see Benjamin kill her."
他看着我说 "我没看到小本杀她"
They're messing with us. I believed him.
他们在扰乱我们 我相信他
I am sick and tired of this shithole. I know.
我真是受够这个鬼地方了 我知道
Hey. Nancy made me promise to invite you to dinner.
南茜让我一定要邀请你来吃晚餐
She wants to see who I'm spending all this time with. You know?
她想看看整天和我混在一起的是谁
Have a look at you.
她想好好看看你
I would love that.
我很愿意
Could I bring Debbie? Of course.
我能带上黛比吗 当然
Thanks.
谢谢
I saw Benji.
我看到了小本
He had his head in his hands. He was crying.
他双手抱着头在哭
There was blood everywhere.
到处都是血
Splashing.
四处飞溅
And then I see Beverly Jean in the bathtub.
然后我就看到贝芙莉·简在浴缸里
Was she alive?
她还活着吗
I saw Benji.
我看到了小本
He had his head in his hands. He was crying.
他双手抱着头在哭
There was blood everywhere.
到处都是血
Splashing.
四处飞溅
And then I see Beverly Jean in the bathtub.
然后我就看到贝芙莉·简在浴缸里
She was there.
她当时在场
What makes you say that?
你为什么这么说
Splashing."
"四处飞溅" "
She doesn't describe splashes on the wall,
她形容的不是溅到墙上的血迹
she uses a verb in the present tense.
她用了一个现在时态的动词
She says, "Splashing."
她说"四处飞溅"
There was blood everywhere.
到处都是血
Splashing.
四处飞溅
Beverly Jean was still alive when Rose got there.
罗斯到那儿时 贝芙莉·简还活着
Jesus.
天啊
The three of them are in it together.
他们三个是一伙儿的
That's right.
没错
This feels very grown up.
这样感觉很成年人
What does? This.
什么 这样
Going to dinner at your partner's house.
去你搭档家里吃晚餐
You putting on a tie and being all nervous.
你戴上领带 紧张不安的
I am not nervous.
我没紧张
If you don't want to go, just say so. I do want to go.
你要是不想去 就直说 我想去
Well, you could be a little less sarcastic.
那你可以少挖苦我一点
What makes you think I'm being sarcastic?
你为什么觉得我在挖苦你
That's better.
这样好多了
Hi. Welcome. Please come in.
欢迎 快进来
Hi! I'm so happy that you're here. Come in.
你们来了我真高兴 快进来
I'm Nancy. I'm Bill.
我是南茜 我是比尔
Debbie. I've heard a lot about you.
我是黛比 我听说过很多关于你的事
I can only imagine what Holden might have said.
我能想到霍尔登都说了些什么
I have been dying to meet you.
我一直很想见你
Isn't it crazy that we haven't met yet?
你能相信我们竟然一直没见面吗
Yes, I've been dying to meet you, too.
我也一直很想见你
Look at you. You're babies.
看看你们 就像两个孩子
Would you like a glass of wine?
要来杯葡萄酒吗
I'd love one.
我很乐意来一杯
I have so much to talk to you about.
我有好多话想和你说
Let's get you a drink.
我去给你拿杯酒
Well, hello there.
你好
Say hello, Brian.
打个招呼 布莱恩
It's okay. I used to have these when I was a kid.
没关系 我小时候也有这些
I used to see how tall I could make the tower before it fell over.
我以前常试试我在塔倒下之前能搭多高
May I?
我能试试吗
Brian, its almost time to brush your teeth.
布莱恩 差不多该去刷牙了
Come on, let's have a drink.
来吧 我们喝杯酒
I'm getting too old for one cheap motel after another.
我老了 不能再常常住在便宜的汽车旅馆
One highway grill after another.
不断地吃高速上的简餐
Sports bars. No one can mix a martini.
去运动酒吧 那里没人会调马提尼
I can mix a martini.
我就很会调马提尼
Nancy makes the best dry martini. Is that right?
南茜调的马提尼最好喝 是吗
If nothing else, I can do that.
别的不说 调酒我最在行
What about you?
你呢
I can't mix a martini. But he sure can drink 'em.
我调不好马提尼 但他会喝啊
No.
不
Where are you from? Bill never tells me much.
你是哪里人 比尔从不和我多说
I know that you did Road School for a while, but...
我知道你做过一阵的巡回♥教学 但...
Does he tell you anything?
他会和你说吗
Oh, yes. Holden loves to talk.
当然 霍尔登滔滔不绝
See? It's possible to talk about things together.
看 一起聊天是有可能的
Where were you born?
你在哪儿出生的
Let me guess.
让我猜猜
Certainly not New York.
肯定不是纽约
You're more of a Midwestern kind of guy.
你有中西部男人的那种特质
See?
听到没
Actually, I was born in Brooklyn.
其实我就是在布鲁克林出生的
I was. I don't know why you always think that's funny.
真的 搞不懂你为什么总觉得好笑
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Sure. Go ahead and make fun of me.
没事 尽管开我玩笑吧
Where was he until then?
那之前他在哪儿
He was in an orphanage for 13 months.
他在孤儿院待了13个月
But we haven't been able to find out where he was before then.
但我们查不出他之前在哪儿
How he got there or...
他怎么到的孤儿院或者...
Are you going to have kids? No.
你们打算要孩子吗 不
At least not yet.
至少现在不考虑
We tried several times, but then we decided to adopt.
我们试过几次 但后来决定收养一个
I always thought it was such a beautiful way to help a child.
我一直认为这是个帮助孩子很美好的方式
I never thought of it like that.
我从未那样想过
If I have to be completely honest, I did it for my own sake.
老实说 我是为了我自己
Can't it be both?
不能两者都有吗
Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing it well enough
有时候我会想 自己做的够不够好
or if it would have been better
或者如果他被其他家庭领养
for him to have gone to somebody else's home.
现在会不会过得更好
I think he's very lucky to have you.
我觉得他有你很幸运
I don't know.
我不知道
How do you tell?
怎么判断呢
Sometimes I get up at night and watch him sleeping.
有时候我半夜起来看他睡觉
But I can't help but wonder who he was...
但我总忍不住在想 他被我们收养前
before we got him.
是什么样子
What did he see or hear?
他有什么见闻
Did anyone hold him when he cried?
当他哭时 有没有人抱住他
He's beautiful.
他真美
I just wish I knew what went on inside that little head of his.
我真希望自己知道他的小脑袋里在想什么
It's always the mother, isn't it?
根源总是母亲 不是吗
They all have a crazy, angry mother.
他们都有个疯狂 愤怒的母亲
Or an absent father.
或者缺席的父亲
Benjamin only changed after his father took off.
本杰明在他父亲离开之后才变了样
Maybe has nothing to do with the mother.
也许根本和母亲毫无关系
Aren't all fathers absent in some way?
在某程度上 所有父亲都缺席 不是吗
I know my old man was never around.
我知道我小时候爸爸总不在家
Imagine how different Benjamin and Rose's lives might have been
试想一下如果他们的父亲从未离开
if their father never left.
本杰明和罗斯的生活会有多不同
I'm not sure it would've changed much.
我觉得不会有多大区别
Your father really didn't speak to you? No.
你父亲以前真的不和你说话吗 不说
But you speak with Brian.
但你会和布莱恩聊天
You want one more?
再来一杯吗
Did you walk him through the crime scene? Yeah.
你带他去犯罪现场了吗 去了
Okay. Has he seen all our notes on the evidence?
好 我们对证据做的注释他都看了吗
Yeah, I showed him everything. And?
我都给他看了 然后呢
He is going to try Benjamin first.
他要先审判本杰明
Wait a minute. Say that again.
等等 再说一遍
He's only gonna try Benjamin, not all three.
他只会审判本杰明 不会审判另外两人
Mark, that's not right. Is that Ocasek?
马克 这不对 是奥卡塞克吗
He's confident after he convicts Benjamin...
他有信心给本杰明定罪后...
Obviously, there's something he doesn't understand.
显然 有些事情他没搞明白
Well, I tried to explain exactly like you said,
我试着按你说的解释给他听
but he wasn't interested in talking.
但他对谈话没兴趣
Okay, look, I'll call you back. I'm sorry.
好吧 我等下给你回电 抱歉
Shit, it's not your fault, Mark.
这不是你的错 马克
Let me talk to some folks here and get back to you.
我先和这儿的人谈谈 再和你说
Okay. What's happening?
好的 现在是什么情况
The DA is going after Benjamin first,
地检要先审判本杰明
which no doubt means he'll end up offering a plea deal
也就是说他会为弗兰克和罗斯的证词
for Frank's and Rose's testimony.
向他们提供认罪协议
Did Ocasek tell him about Frank's history of violence?
奥卡塞克有没有告诉他弗兰克的暴力史
I'm sure he did.
他肯定说了
Clearly, he's the most dangerous of the three.
显然他是三人中最危险的
We need to go talk to the DA, help him understand.
我们得去和地检谈谈 帮他搞清楚
I have a deposition this afternoon.
我下午要宣誓作证
I can't do anything till tomorrow. I'll go.
明天才有空 我去
You better go with him.
你最好和他一起去
宾夕法尼亚州阿尔图纳
It is acutely obvious that, in this particular instance,
很显然 在此案件中
the anger was triggered by stressors
愤怒是由集中在他未婚妻身上的
that were focused on his fiancé in particular.
压力源触发的
Stressors"?
"压力源" "
Dramatic life events. Things that pushed both their buttons.
剧变的生活事件 同时能触动他俩的事
Frank Janderman was happily married with a new baby on the way.
弗兰克·詹德曼婚姻幸福 妻子快生了
But Frank didn't want to be a father. He hated that.
但弗兰克不想当父亲 他痛恨此事
Is that a motive? No. It's what we call a stressor.
这是动机吗 不 我们称之为压力源
So you think Frank did it?
所以你认为是弗兰克干的
Benjamin wouldn't have been able to do it on his own.
只凭本杰明一个人他做不到
You're saying Benjamin was provoked by Frank?
你意思是本杰明是被弗兰克激怒的吗
Pushed. Yes.
被逼迫 没错
Frank saw his chance and raped Beverly Jean.
弗兰克看到了机会 强♥奸了贝芙莉·简
Situationally motivated sexual assaults... Wait.
由情境诱发的性侵犯... 等等
Situationally"? As opposed to preferential, yes.
"情境" 是的 与"自身"相对 "
Well, look it. Here's my question.
听着 我的问题是
Who killed her?
谁杀了她
All three of them are responsible for her death.
他们三人都对她的死有责任
So they all mutilated the body? No, that was Benjamin.
他们都破坏了尸体吗 不 是本杰明做的
Frank and Benjamin left her body at the dump, wrapped up.
弗兰克和本杰明把她的尸体包好 扔到了垃圾场
But Benjamin came back a few days later. He couldn't let go.
但本杰明几天后又回去了 他无法释怀
Remember, he was under a lot of stress.
记住 他当时压力很大
He took the knife to her...
他用刀把她...
Let me stop you there, because... here's the problem.
容我打断一下 问题是
How do I prove all this?
我要如何证明这些
I'm just here to provide you with intelligent, accurate analysis.
我只是来向你提供合理 准确的分析
If a jury can't understand your analysis,
要是陪审团无法理解你的分析
then it's no use to anybody, is it?
那就毫无用处了 不是吗
I agree. But it isn't my job
我同意 但让陪审团理解
to make the jury understand anything.
不是我的工作
That's your job.
而是你的工作
And we have all placed our trust in you.
我们都寄希望于你
How do we translate this so you can use it?
我们要如何解释 你才能使用
What you're saying is that
你在说的是