优秀却诡异校长被革职 霍尔登与黛比恋情破裂
Deviant.
"越轨行为"
Pyromania.
纵火狂
Torture.
折磨
Mutilation."
毁尸"
I understand what you're trying to do, and I appreciate it.
我知道你想干什么 我很感激
Using Career Week to discuss early intervention,
利用职业规划周来讨论早期干预
it's a great idea.
这想法很不错
I had been thinking about how we educate kids when you called.
你打给我之前 我就一直在思考如何教育孩子
And coming from the FBI, it is a powerful statement.
由联调局的人发言 会很具权威性
But how do I get it across if I can't use these words?
但如果我不能用这些词 他们怎么能明白
Mutilation."
"毁尸" "
If you use that, I guarantee you that at least one of them,
如果你用这种词 我保证珍妮·克劳莫和迈克尔·斯塔尔
Jenny Cromer, Michael Stahl,
至少有一个会发问
these are confident, curious children.
他们都是自信又好奇的孩子
They will ask you what "Mutilation" means.
他们会问 "毁尸"是什么意思
And I can describe it, and specifically... And then...
我会解释描述 特别是... 然后
a few of them will go home,
一些孩子回家后
they'll have nightmares,
会做噩梦
and tomorrow I'll be fielding calls from parents
第二天家长们就会给我打电话
who will be justifiably concerned...
他们的担忧不是没道理
Parents should be discussing this, too. Absolutely.
家长们也该参与讨论 当然
And if I had the time
如果我有那个时间
to build a foundation for their understanding,
为他们的理解奠定些基础
I'd be on board.
我也很愿意
So no "Torture."
所以 不能用"折磨"
Could I say "Hurting"?
能用"伤害"吗
Hurting" animals?
"伤害"动物 "
What about "Being mean" to animals?
不如用对动物"不友好"吧
You really think that "Pyromania" is too much?
你真觉得用"纵火狂"不合适吗
My students will not know what that is. "Arson"?
学生不懂这是什么意思 "纵火罪"呢
Deviant"? They will not know what that is.
"越轨行为" 他们不懂这词什么意思 "
Even if I used it in context?
我结合场景说也不行吗
It's harsh.
这的确很难
We need to prepare them for the world, yes.
我们的确要让他们准备好面对未来的现实
But we also need to protect them from it.
但同时也要保护他们不受其侵害
Guess I could say...
那我能不能说
Disturbing."
"令人不安" "
Listen, Agent Ford.
这样吧 福特探员
Show them your badge.
把你的警徽给他们看
They'll be thrilled.
他们就会很高兴了
My job at the FBI is to
我在联调局的工作
study people who exhibit disturbing behavior.
是研究那些做出令人不安的行为的人
If I can classify this behavior,
如果能将这些行为归类
I can help the police
我就能帮助警方
catch these people when they commit a crime.
抓住违法犯罪的人
But lately I've been asking myself:
但最近我一直在扪心自问
can we stop these people
我们能不能在这些人
from becoming disturbing in the first place?
变得令人不安前就阻止他们呢
That's where you come in.
接下来就关系到你们了
By your age, we can start seeing the signs.
在你们这个年纪 就会出现一些迹象
In this whole classroom, statistically speaking,
从统计学上说 在这间教室里
disturbing behavior would show up in about one of you.
大约会有一个人会出现令人不安的行为
Say you have a friend who likes lighting fires.
比如说你有个朋友喜欢玩火
I mean, deliberately setting things on fire, like toys or trash.
我是说有意地烧一些东西 比如玩具或者垃圾
Another sign that your friend is disturbed,
你朋友心理失常的另一个迹象
is if he shows a lack of remorse.
就是他没有悔过之心
That is, if he's done something wrong,
意思是 如果他做了错事
he doesn't feel bad about it.
他不会感到不安
Yes. Are only boys disturbed?
请说 只有男生会心理失常吗
Perhaps I should be saying he or she,
男女都有可能
but yes, actually, it is mostly males who are disturbed.
但没错 确实主要出现在男性身上
Sorry, guys.
抱歉了 小伙子们
Another thing you should be aware of at your age
在你们这个年纪 还有一件事应该注意
is the way we treat animals.
就是对待动物的方式
Now animals are nice to us, so we should be nice back.
动物对人类很友善 我们也应该善待它们
But say you have a friend who is being mean to an animal.
但如果你有个朋友对动物不友好
Very mean. You should take note of that.
非常不友好 你就该注意了
Yes.
请说
My brother throws rocks at our dog.
我弟弟会朝我家的狗扔石头
Well, that doesn't sound very nice, but let me ask you:
听起来是不太好 但我问下
are they big rocks or little rocks?
是大石头还是小石头
Medium rocks. Okay.
中等石头 好吧
The kind of behavior towards animals
我说的这种
that I'm talking about is, um...
对待动物的行为是
forcible...
暴力的
It's not just about being mean to animals, it's...
不仅仅是对动物不友好 而是...
It's about hurting the animal,
伤害动物
and you'll know when that's happening
当事情真正发生时你会明白的
because an animal will let you know when it is being hurt.
因为动物会表现出受伤的样子
In any case, if you see this,
无论如何 如果你看到了
you should tell a teacher, or your mom, or your dad.
应该立刻告诉老师 或者父母
The idea is that you stop your friend, who is a disturbing kid,
这是为了阻止你的朋友从令人不安的孩子
from becoming a disturbing adult,
长成令人不安的大人
because one day he may start being mean to people.
因为有一天 他可能会开始对人不友好
So...
那么
Who wants to see my badge?
谁想看我的警徽
It means so much to these students
这对学生们来说很有意义
that someone like yourself would take an interest.
像你这样的人对他们这么重视
Sure, that was great. They're very smart.
挺好的 他们都很聪明
Top standardized test scores in the district.
都是学区内成绩最优秀的孩子
Well, if you want to do any more outreach, just let me know.
如果你还有什么需要 就联♥系♥我
Don't say that, I'll hold you to it. Thanks again.
别这么说 我还会麻烦你的 再次谢谢你
Thank you.
谢谢
Sorry. Bye.
抱歉 再见
Mr. Ford?
福特先生
Holden.
叫我霍尔登就好
I'm Janet Ebner. I teach fourth grade here.
我是珍内特·艾本纳 是四年级的老师
May I have a moment? Sure.
能跟你谈谈吗 当然
I know you weren't here today to talk to us,
我知道你今天不是来和我们谈话的
but I've heard about some behavior
但我听说了一些行为
that I'd classify as disturbing.
我觉得可以归类为令人不安
Okay.
好
Well, odd at the very least, but I believe my instincts are good.
至少是很奇怪 但我相信我的直觉
It all starts with instinct.
都是从直觉开始的
And I'm not the only one.
而且我不是唯一这么觉得的
Some of the other teachers are concerned,
还有其他老师也很担心
several parents, certain members of the school board.
还有一些家长 以及校董会的一些人
We even took it to the local police.
我们甚至跟当地警方说起过
What is it?
什么事
Let's go to the staff room. This way.
我们去教工室说吧 这边走
Thank you.
谢谢
He has a thing for tickling. Who does?
他很喜欢胳肢人 谁
Principal Wade, Roger, tickles the children.
校长罗杰·韦德 他喜欢胳肢孩子
Where? In his office.
在哪里 他的办公室
I mean, where on the body?
我是说 胳肢哪个部位
Their feet.
脚
Sometimes a child will go to his office for disciplinary reasons,
有时他会以纪律问题的名义把学生叫到他办公室
that's when it happens.
就是那种时候发生的
Is it punishment?
是惩罚吗
I think it's supposed to mitigate the punishment,
我觉得这本该是减轻惩罚的方式
but then he gives them money.
但他会给他们钱
For what? Nickels.
为什么 五分硬币
He gives them nickels if they can withstand the tickling.
如果孩子们能忍得住痒 他就会给他们硬币
Okay, well...
这...
that is odd.
的确很奇怪
It's completely inappropriate. Has anybody talked with him?
非常不合适 有人跟他说过吗
The board questioned him, nothing happened.
校董会问过他 没有结果
But somebody took it to the police?
但有人跟警方提过吗
I did, at the urging of some parents.
是我说的 有家长要求我这么做
Parents asked you to go to the police?
家长让你去找警方的吗
I talked to a Detective Barr.
我跟巴尔警探说过
He said they'd look into it, write something up.
他说他们会查 写份报告
That was five months ago.
那是5个月前的事了
Have you seen a report?
你见过报告吗
No, it's like the whole thing went away.
没有 就好像整件事都销声匿迹了
Maybe you could check in with him.
你能不能去问问他
This isn't exactly my area.
这不是我职责范围内的事
This is what you were talking about.
这就是你之前说的那种行为啊
At least by our definition at the Behavioral Science Unit,
至少以我们行为科学部的定义来说
tickling is not considered deviant behavior.
胳肢人不是什么越轨行为
Deviant? You said "Disturbing."
越轨行为 你说的是"令人不安"
Whatever's going on here is obviously nuanced.
这件事的确挺微妙的
I'd have to witness it or at least get his version.
我必须亲眼看到 或者至少听听他怎么说
Do you have children? Not yet.
你有孩子吗 还没有
Imagine one of those seven year olds is yours.
想象下如果你有个7岁的孩子
Principal Wade has her take off her shoes and socks
韦德校长叫她把鞋袜脱下
so that he can tickle her feet.
胳肢她的脚
Wouldn't you be worried
难道你不担心
one day he'd ask her to take something else off?
有天他会叫她脱下别的东西吗
Put a call in, please?
麻烦你打个电话问问 好吗
Where were you? I was worried.
你去哪里了 我很担心你
Sorry, my car's in the shop.
抱歉 我的车送修了
I had to wait for Patrick to give me a ride.
我得等帕特里克载我回来
Patrick? Yeah, you know, from my psych class.
帕特里克 嗯 我心理课的同学
These used to be cold.
啤酒都不冰了
Put ice in it. Gross.
放点冰块吧 恶心
Here, I'll stick it in the freezer.
那我放冷冻层
Remember the last time you did that?
记得你上次这么做发生了什么吗
Okay, Dad.
好吧 老爹
I would've picked you up.
我本来也可以去接你的
At school? No, it's way too far out of your way.
去学校 不 太远了
So what happened to your car?
你的车怎么了
Maintenance.
送去维修了
You, Debbie Mitford, took your car in for maintenance?
黛比·米特福德居然会把车送去维修吗
I've kind of been forgetting to put oil in it.
我忘记加机油了
You seized your engine?
发动机卡住了吗
Something like that.
差不多吧
The guys at the shop gave me enough grief, so maybe you don't have to.
维修店的人已经嘲笑过我了 你别再笑了
I don't think I can not give you grief.
这我可做不到
My dad used to remind me to change my oil.
我爸以前会提醒我换油
Maybe you could do the same.
也许你也可以这么做
Maybe you should get Patrick to remind you.
也许可以让帕特里克提醒你
You are so stupid.
你真傻
Am I? Yes.
是吗 嗯
Why is it so hard to stay mad at you?
为什么我总是没法生你的气
I don't know.
不知道
Nickels for tickles.
胳肢人 然后给五分硬币吗
You don't think it's harmless fun?
你不觉得这是无伤大雅的玩笑吗
No, it's creepy and disgusting.
不 又诡异又恶心
I would not want any principal touching my kid's feet.
我才不想让任何校长碰我孩子的脚
He seems like a good guy. And he's been great for that school.
他看起来人不错 对学校也奉献良多
Did the superintendent talk to him?
校监跟他谈过吗
I don't know. I should ask.
不知道 我该问的
My cousin had this first grade teacher
我表妹以前有个一年级的老师
who would give her a sticker
如果她让他捏一下脸蛋
if she'd let him pinch her cheek. He did it to all the girls.
就会得到一张贴纸 他对其他女生也这样
It only came out years later
几年后才发现
that he was pinching some of them in other places.
他还捏过一些女学生的其他部位
Was he ever caught? No.
他被逮捕了吗 没有
She didn't find out until her classmates started comparing notes
她一直不知道 直到一次高中聚会
at a high school reunion.
同学们互相交流时才说到
Kids won't talk about that stuff when they're little.
小孩子都不会说这种事的
They assume the adult is right,
他们都认为大人是对的
especially if he's an authority figure.
尤其是有权威的人
I wonder how many girls he did that to.
他究竟对多少女生做过这种事
Well, he was a teacher for 40 years.
他教书教了40年
I can't believe it didn't come out.
真不敢相信一直没人发现
There were whispers, but by that point he was retired.
曾有些传言 但那时候他都退休了
It's escalating behavior...
这种逐渐升级的行为
just like with Brudos and Roger.
就像布鲁多斯和罗杰
Almost like they can't help themselves.
几乎像是他们控制不了自己
They've got this... compulsion.
有种无法抑制的冲动
You think Roger is in any way similar to Brudos?
你觉得罗杰跟布鲁多斯有相似之处吗
Both of them sure like these.
反正他们两个都喜欢脚
Looks like somebody else does, too.
看来还有人也喜欢
I have to go back to Oregon this week.
我这周得回俄勒冈
Nine more rounds with Butterball Brudos.
与胖子布鲁多斯再大战九个回合
Listen...
听我说
if you need a ride home from school again,
如果你下次再需要有人接你下课
call me.
打给我
Okay.
好
Excuse me, Officer.
打扰一下 警官
Can I help you? Know Detective Barr?
有什么事吗 你认识巴尔警探吗
Staff politics.
员工政治而已
Women like that are always looking for a pot to stir.
那种女人总是想惹出点什么事
She seemed genuinely concerned.
她看起来很担心
She wasn't married, as I remember.
我记得她没结婚吧
What does that have to do with it?
那跟这事有什么关系
She's got extra energy.
她精力过剩
Apparently, some parents are concerned, too.
据说还有其他家长也很担心
She said that, but I never saw them.
她是这么说 可我没见到过啊
Did you follow up at all?
你有继续跟进吗
There's no victim. No one's pressing charges.
没有受害者 没人提出指控
He's touching kids.
他摸孩子
Giving them money for it.
还为此给他们钱
He's tickling kids, that's not a crime.
他是在胳肢孩子 这又不犯法
I can't arrest him unless he does something illegal.
除非他犯法 否则我没法逮捕他
I explained this to Ms. Ebner,
我跟艾本纳女士解释过
I shouldn't have to explain it to the FBI.
但我应该不用跟联调局的人解释吧
Unless you're gonna start predicting what people do.
除非你可以预测人们会做出什么
May I see the report?
我能看下报告吗
Why am I reading this? I thought we might look into it.
给我看这个干嘛 我觉得应该调查一下
A foot tickler?
喜欢胳肢脚的人吗
It could be a form of podophilia... like Brudos.
可能是恋足癖的一种形式 就像布鲁多斯
This guy's a grade school principal with no record.
这人是个案底清白的小学校长
People are concerned. No one will help them.
大家很担心 没人愿意帮他们
Just one teacher. No.
就一个老师 不
I talked to the superintendent.
我跟校监谈过
Some members of the school board have been complaining.
校董会也有人抱怨过
Holden, we have a stack of applications to review.
霍尔登 我们有一堆申请要看
I don't see your stack getting shorter.
你自己也没看多少
I looked at them, they are all "Nos." No as in, don't even interview?
我看过了 都不行 意思是连面试都不用吗
They're greenhorns. So were you.
都是些初出茅庐的新手 你也是
We mainly need someone to take over transcribing.
我们主要需要有人来抄写录音
They're all gunning to talk to lust murderers.
他们都只是想跟淫乐杀人犯谈话
They bring nothing to the table.
没什么能力
Tell Wendy.
去跟温迪说
Okay.
好吧
How's this?
这怎么样
不
Want me to take us to the airport tomorrow?
明天由我开车去机场吗
I decided last night. I'm not going.
我昨晚决定了 我不去
What? I'm not going back to Oregon.
什么 我不去俄勒冈
You expect me to interview Brudos alone?
你想让我一个人和布鲁多斯谈话吗
If you want.
如果你想的话
But we were just getting him to open up.
但我们才刚让他开口
That's why I'm not going.
所以我不去
When did you get so fragile?
你什么时候变得这么脆弱了
Bill... I do not want to do this alone.
比尔 我不想一个人去
So don't. We have a ton of material from last time.
那就别去 上次已经收集了很多材料了
Not nearly enough.
远远不够
I just came up with a whole new strategy. Go for it.
我才刚想出一套新的策略 那就去啊
You're really not coming.
你真的不来
I'm really not coming.
我真的不来
Okay. Then I'll just show him
好吧 那我会让他知道
that one of us isn't a big, fat, fucking pussy.
我们中有一个不是没用的娘炮
Yeah. Show him that.
行 去吧
俄勒冈州塞勒姆
Something wrong? I can't close my recorder.
怎么了 录音机关不起来了
Give it to me.
给我
Thank you.
谢谢
I'm pretty handy.
我动手能力挺强的
I'm one of the only... inmates
我是唯一一个
they allow in hobby shop.
被允许进入零件店的犯人
Really?
是吗
Yeah. I can use scissors under supervision.
嗯 在有人监管的情况下 我可以用剪刀
Leather boring tools.
给皮革钻孔的工具
The parole board should really take that into account.
保释委员会真该好好考虑这一点
And we're live. Okay.
修好了 好的
So, uh, today...
今天呢
I'd like to pick up with things... Where's Bill?
我想谈谈... 比尔呢
He couldn't be here this time. Did I scare him off?
他这次没法来 被我吓到了吗
No. Uh...
不
We're doing some hiring back at the office.
我们办公室正在进行招募
Fresh meat for the mill?
招些新人吗
That's exactly right.
没错
Bill, I miss you.
比尔 我真想你
Please come back.
快回来吧
Okay. I'd like to take it
好 我们谈谈
from the murder of the second girl, Jane Weber.
第二个被害女性吧 简·韦伯
Okay.
行
Her car broke down on the highway, you pulled over.
她的车在高速路上抛锚了 你停下车
Yeah, helped her out. How did you help her?
对 去帮她 怎么帮的
Said, "Let's go home, we'll call a mechanic."
我说 "回家吧 我们给修理工打电话"
Home to your house? Yeah.
回你家吗 对
Did you call the mechanic? Didn't get that far.
你打给修理工了吗 没到那一步
Why not?
为什么
She was interested in my photography.
她对我的摄影很感兴趣
Did she also want to be a model? Yeah.
她也想当模特吗 对
Funny how all these girls you met wanted that.
你遇到的女性都想当模特 真有意思
Women like men to pay attention to 'em.
女人喜欢男人注意她们
So, did you...
那你...
Invited her to the garage.
邀请她去车库
Took some photos... What kind of photos?
拍了几张照 什么样的照片
You know, headshots.
头部特写
Right. And after these headshots...
好 那拍完头部特写后
She decided to walk home.
她决定走回家
And that's the last you saw of her.
那就是你最后一次见她
Last anyone saw of her, as far as I remember.
我记忆中 那就是最后一次有人见到她
Her body was found in the Willamette River
她的尸体是在威拉米特河被发现的
tied to an auto transmission to weigh it down.
被绑在了自动变速器上 沉到河底
The transmission was traced back to a car that you owned.
后来追查到变速器是你车上的
Yeah, I know.
是啊 我知道
You have any smokes?
你有烟吗
Yeah.
有
So was that all part of the police plot?
这都是警方的阴谋吗
Oh, yeah.
当然
The transmission, the photos, the foot... all of it.
变速器 照片 脚什么的 都是
Well...
总之
someone killed those girls.
有人杀了这些女孩
Yeah, I know. I have a whole theory about that.
我知道 我有个想法
Really?
是吗
Let's hear it.
说说看
Well... these girls are disappearing.
这些姑娘失踪了
Body parts showing up in the river. Police get involved.
河里出现了尸块 警方介入了
The killer realizes things are heating up and splits.
凶手意识到事情变得严重 逃走了
Probably chopping up girls in Seattle,
此时此刻可能正在西雅图
Idaho, Canada, as we speak.
爱达荷或者加拿大杀人呢
Meanwhile, they need to blame someone.
与此同时 警方需要找个替罪羊
They catch me sniffing around some coeds.
他们发现我跟踪女学生
I'm not saying I'm an angel.
不是说我就是什么圣人
Search my house, find a few pairs of shoes,
警察搜了我家 发现了几双鞋
decide I'm their fall guy.
决定把我作为替罪羊
Everyone feels safe, DA gets re elected, yada yada yada.
大家都觉得安全了 地检获得连任 诸如此类
It is a pretty big coincidence that you met a couple of the girls
你遇到的几个姑娘都成了他的受害人
that became his victims.
真是够巧啊
Huge coincidence.
天大的巧合
Do you think that he... planned his attacks?
你觉得他的袭击是有预谋的吗
Maybe the first one fell into his lap,
第一个可能是临时起意
but then maybe after that, he got a taste for it.
之后嘛 可能他尝到了甜头
Now that's interesting.
这就有意思了
Because there were no photos of the first girl, right?
因为第一个姑娘没有照片 对吧
But the other three, it was like he was prepared.
但其他三个 像是他早有预谋
Do you think that even before the first one,
你觉得他在杀死第一个人之前
he fantasized about murdering a woman?
有幻想过杀死女人吗
Definitely.
肯定有
What do you think he fantasized about?
你觉得他都幻想了什么
Choking them, chopping them up, all that stuff they said I did.
掐死她们 分尸 就他们说我做的那些
So the murders were just an extension of thoughts he already had,
所以谋杀行为只是他把幻想付诸行动
maybe for a long time.
可能已经想了很久
You'd have to think about it pretty hard to go through with it.
肯定是非常想 才会真的去实施
You'd have to be... driven.
必须有... 冲动
You mean like, out of control?
你是说失控吗
Maybe his real life was out of control,
或许他的现实生活已经失控
but his fantasy life was...
但他幻想的生活...
A... place where he could feel powerful.
是一个让他觉得自己无比强大的世界
Makes sense. But then why...
有道理 但为什么...
For example...
比如说
Laura Sullivan was hit from behind.
劳拉·苏利文是从背后被人袭击的
Jane Weber was choked from behind.
简·韦伯是从背后被人掐死的
Why would he do it that way?
他为什么要用这种方式
Didn't want them looking at him?
不愿意她们看着他吧
Why not?
为什么
It might not have been about watching them die.
他可能不是为了看着她们死
You know, because then he would have tortured them, right?
否则他就会折磨她们 对吧
It might just been about having them quiet.
可能只是想让她们安静
So that he could play with them?
这样她们就可以任他摆弄了吗
Like you'd play with a doll?
就像玩娃娃一样
Yeah, there were all these photos of 'em in different positions.
对啊 还有她们被摆成不同姿势的照片呢
Have intercourse with them? Sure.
与她们发生过性关系吗 当然
But then he played with some of them before they died, as well.
但他也在其中几个死前就玩弄过她们
Kathy Schmidt was photographed
凯茜·施密特有张照片
in a piece of lingerie that was not hers.
穿着的不是她自己的内衣
Oh, she probably liked that.
她可能喜欢那样
Well, she was kidnapped from a parking garage.
她是从停车场被绑架的
How do you know she was kidnapped?
你怎么知道她是被绑架的
You think she went willingly?
你觉得她是自愿跟他走的吗
All I'm saying is, all the women I meet...
我的意思是 我遇到的女人...
Want to be models.
都想当模特
So do you think that with Kathy Schmidt it was consensual,
所以你觉得凯茜·施密特是自愿去的
she didn't realize that she was going to be killed?
完全没意识到自己会被杀吗
She may have been getting the feeling, you know.
她可能有预感
I mean, he may have made it clear at a certain point
他可能在某个时间点说过
that she needed to take the pictures
她必须拍照片
if she wanted him to let her go.
他才会放她走
She was playing along. Yeah.
她就配合了 对
Do you think the killer enjoyed that, too?
你觉得凶手也享受这样吗
He might've thought that's what you get.
他可能觉得这是她应受的
That's what you get when you want to be a model?
想当模特应该承受的吗
When you want people to look at you.
想让别人看你 就该承受这些
Do you think that the killer found it exciting to, uh...
你觉得凶手感到兴奋吗
get some of that control back in his real life?
在现实生活中重获一定的掌控权
Oh, yeah.
当然
Probably made him want more.
可能还想要更多
After he got a taste for it, like you said.
毕竟尝到了甜头 就像你说的
After he got a taste.
毕竟尝到了甜头
I guess... we all have fantasies, don't we?
我们都有幻想 不是吗
I can remember my first fantasy of girls.
我还记得我第一次幻想姑娘
What, um...
那你...
What was your first fantasy?
你第一次性幻想是什么
Must have been... nine or ten.
当时我大概9 10岁这样
There was a woman in a tunnel. I'd trapped her there.
隧道里有个女人 是我把她困在那里
She was like this white shape in the darkness.
她就像黑暗中的白色身影
I made her do things.
我让她做各种事
At that point, there wasn't even anything sexual about it.
那时没想过什么跟性有关的事
I just remember her...
我只是记得
begging for... mercy.
她乞求我放过她
Do you still have fantasies, Jerry?
你现在还有幻想吗 杰瑞
No. I don't.
没有了
Tell the parole board that.
麻烦转告保释委员会
Day three, he takes the stand.
第三天 他出席作证
Now we knew he was lying,
我们当时知道他在撒谎
but it could've gone either way
但也可能有另一个结局
K党成员替他作证
because he had two other Klansmen to back him up.
因为有两个三
So after lunch, I waited for cross examination.
午饭后 我在等待盘问环节
I slide right behind his girlfriend.
我悄悄走到他女朋友身后
I drape my arm across the back of her bench,
把手臂搭在她的椅子后
I lean in real close, so, uh...
靠得非常近
The guy's eyes bug out.
那人眼睛瞪得快掉了
He starts stammering, he comes completely unglued,
气得说不出话 愤怒不已
and we get a conviction. Amazing.
然后就定罪了 厉害
Thirteen years. That is great.
判了13年 真了不起
Great stories, Jim.
故事很棒 吉姆
So nice to meet you.
很高兴见到你
Thanks for coming all the way up from Atlanta.
谢谢你大老远从亚特兰大赶来
Word is out y'all are onto something big.
我听说你们在进行非常重要的工作
I couldn't wait to see for myself.
我非常期待亲眼见到
I hope we lived up to the hype.
希望我们有传言中那么厉害
Oh, you surpassed it.
肯定不止
We have to meet a few more people, but we can let you know soon.
我们还得再面试几个人 不过很快就会通知你
I'll say it one more time, I'd love to join the team.
我想再说一次 我非常希望能加入
We'd love to have you. Thank you.
我们也希望如此 谢谢
He's black.
他是黑人
Nothing gets past you.
什么都逃不过你的法眼
He's our best candidate. I think we should hire him.
他是最棒的候选人 我觉得我们应该雇他
Our list of potential subjects are 80,
我们潜在研究对象名单上有80%
percent white and probably racist.
甚至90%的人都是白人 可能还种族歧视 90
Does that mean no?
所以你觉得不行吗
He could incite a response that affects the study.
他激发的反应可能会影响到研究结果
That means no.
那就是不行了
Don't put that on his assessment.
评估报告上别这么说
We can't be seen as racists.
我们可不能显得种族歧视
I thought our newbies would be transcribing.
我以为新招的人只负责抄写录音而已
Did Brudos behave?
布鲁多斯规矩吗
He was almost pleasant.
他很配合
Seems repeat visits are important.
看来多次采访确实挺重要的
Did you confide in him about your cum sock?
你连自己有自♥慰袜都跟他说了吗
Our new team member will train with transcription,
新来的成员会负责抄写录音
but we're looking for someone that has operations experience
但我们更希望找一个有外勤经验的人
so that we can expand our subjects' interviews.
这样可以加快约谈速度
Especially if Bill keeps wussing out. Stop whining.
尤其是如果比尔一直胆小不敢去 别抱怨了
How many people have you seen?
你面试过多少人了
I didn't think you were interested in the process.
我还以为你对过程不在乎呢
Well, look, the gang's all here. Come in.
看来你们都在 进来吧
This is Gregg smith, he's one of your candidates.
这是格雷格·史密斯 你们的候选人之一
Gregg's done a lot of work in the field, he's a talented agent.
格雷格外勤经验丰富 很有天赋
His dad and I studied pre law together at Dartmouth.
我和他父亲是在达特茅斯读法学预科时的同学
I hope you give him a good shake.
希望你们照顾照顾他
It's dark and all I see is his knuckles gripping the stock,
当时一片漆黑 我只能看见他紧握枪托的手
and he's yelling, "Halt! Police! Drop the gun!"
他大喊 "站住 警察 把枪放下"
I realize this guy is about to shoot me. Whoa.
我意识到他随时会开枪打我 天呐
And then I hear Mike yell, "He's an FBI agent!"
然后我听到麦克喊 "他是联调局的"
He saved my life.
他救了我一命
Because I was frozen, I couldn't speak.
因为我吓得动不了 说不出话
Uniform lowers his shotgun,
那个警察放下了枪
and we take off again after the driver.
我们继续追捕那个司机
Mike catches him and nearly beats the flimflam out of him
麦克抓住他后 几乎揍得他口吐真言
because he's so keyed up after watching me almost get blown away.
因为他之前看到我差点死了 非常紧张
I had to pull him off the guy. But anyway...
我不得不把他拉开 但话说回来
a great partner.
他是个很棒的搭档
Well, you did your partner a good deed. I bet he's grateful.
你可是帮了他大忙了 他一定很感激你
The guys call me "The Padre"
大家都叫我"神父"
And they come to confession at my desk.
会来找我忏悔
You Catholic?
你是天主教徒吗
My mother's Catholic, my father's Quaker.
我妈信天主教 我爸是贵格会的
No shit. How does that work?
不是吧 这该怎么相处
Our family joke was that we'd never run out of guilt or oats.
我们家的玩笑就是 家里的罪过和麦片用之不竭
贵格也是知名麦片品牌
Are you religious?
你信教吗
Yes, ma'am. Dr. Carr.
信 长官 叫我卡尔博士
Doctor. Yes.
博士 好的
I have to admit that as a kid
我必须承认小时候
I leaned toward the drama of the Church.
很喜欢教堂里的热闹