花季少♥女被无故杀害 项目研究调查险出事
It's like meeting a movie star. Could be as anti climactic.
就像要见电影明星一样 可能会一样扫兴
Crime of the Century."
世纪大案 "
追捕杀害八名卫校学生的凶手
Until Charles Whitman two weeks later.
直到两周后的查尔斯·惠特曼案
I remember staring at this
我记得我当年看到
wanted poster of him, trying to figure out...
他的通缉令的时候 想着...
if I saw him on the street, would I know he was insane?
如果我在街上看到他 我能辨别出他是个疯子吗
You clip all these? Everything I could get my hands on.
这都是你剪下来的吗 所有我能拿到手的资料
Even went to my neighbors
我甚至还去找了我的邻居
who subscribed to newspapers outside of Milwaukee.
他订了密尔沃基市以外地区的报纸
Holden and his first criminal crush.
霍尔登和他迷恋上的第一起案件
I was home for the summer from college.
我那时大学放暑假待在家
It really made an impact.
这个案子当时引起很大轰动
Nancy didn't sleep for a week when it hit the front page.
这件事登上头条后 南茜一周都没睡好觉
She'd just started nursing school.
她那时刚上卫校
It still makes the news.
至今都能上新闻
We should've let that suffice as our interview.
早知我们就该用这篇报道当做谈话算了
斯派克承认杀害了护士
Saved ourselves a trip out here. He lied all through it.
也就不用亲自跑一趟了 他全篇都在撒谎
Why? You don't think he'll lie to us?
怎么 你觉得他不会对我们说谎吗
Wonder how Bob Greene got him to talk.
我很好奇鲍勃·格林是怎么让他松口的
Probably by kissing his ass.
可能拍了他的马屁
He called him a romantic figure. He's as bad as you.
他称自己是个浪漫的人 和你一样讨厌
You would really turn down the chance to meet Richard Speck?
你真的会拒绝采访理查德·斯派克的机会吗
He's almost up there with Manson.
他的地位都和曼森差不多了
Well, maybe he'll give you an autograph.
也许他会送你个亲笔签名
That would be inappropriate, right?
那样不太合适 对吗
伊利诺伊州乔利埃特
Sign in.
登记
All right. Go ahead.
好了 进去吧
Deputy Warden Armstrong.
我是副典狱长阿姆斯特朗
Holden Ford. This is Bill Tench.
霍尔登·福特 这位是比尔·坦奇
The headshrink guys? Behavioral Science Unit.
精神科的人吗 行为科学部
Thanks for accommodating us.
感谢您的帮助
You're the ones who painted this place pink?
就是你们把这里的墙都刷成粉色的吗
The feds. You know, some psychology thing.
联邦政♥府 说是和心理学有关
The color pink was supposed to keep the animals calm.
说粉色会使那些野兽保持冷静
How'd that work?
效果如何
I don't know.
我不知道
They ate it off the bars before we could find out.
我们还没搞清楚 他们就把栏杆上的粉漆啃掉了
Is this the only way through? This is the way.
这是唯一的路线吗 是的
We prefer to come in quietly,
我们更希望低调地进入
make it look like a civil rights investigation.
让人以为是民权调查
Look around, how am I supposed to hide you?
看看四周 我怎么把你们藏起来
We didn't want him to be seen as a snitch, suffer reprisals.
我们不想让他被当做告密者 遭人报复
As far as I'm concerned,
在我看来
he could suffer the burning flames of hell for eternity.
他就该永远承受地狱之火的折磨
Okay, but that's not what we agreed to.
好吧 但我们之前约定的不是这样
God, take it easy.
天啊 放轻松
We pulled him to toss his cell.
我们有时会把他拉出来 检查牢房
Do it twice a month.
一个月检查两次
It'll look like business as usual.
这次看起来也会和平常一样
Armstrong.
阿姆斯特朗
From his groupies.
他的崇拜者送来的
How does a man who slaughtered eight women have groupies?
一个杀害了8个女人的凶手怎么会有崇拜者
Hundreds of them. Keeps the whole prison stocked in smut.
有数百人呢 搞得监狱里全是这些艳照
Stay behind me.
待在我身后
You goddamn motherfucking shits!
你个狗♥娘♥养的杂种
Get off of me! I'll fuck you up.
放开我 我要操♥死你
I'll fuck you so hard,
我要狠狠地操你
your asshole will come out your motherfucking mouth!
直接把你的屁♥眼操穿 从嘴巴出来
Take it easy, Speck. Get your fucking mitts off of my shit!
放松 斯派克 不要拿你的脏手碰我的东西
Son of a bitch!
狗♥娘♥养的
fuck your mama's hairy fucking asshole,
操♥你♥妈
you cock sucking peckerwood!
你个含鸡♥巴的白人垃圾
Shit bag, motherfucking twat!
废物 臭傻♥逼
I'm gonna shit in your goddamn fucking poontang, you fuck ass...
我要在你的逼里拉屎 你个该死的...
Get off me, you cracker!
放开我 白皮猪
I ain't talking to the motherfucking FBI!
我不会和联调局的混♥蛋谈的
I wouldn't say that too loudly, if I were you.
如果我是你的话 就不会喊这么大声 fuck you in your fucking mouth.
去你♥妈♥的臭傻♥逼
We'd like to have a conversation, Richard.
我们想和你谈谈 理查德
Or what do you go by?
你喜欢被怎么称呼
I'm not talking to no faggot feds.
我不要和联邦调查局的蠢货说话
Relax. We only want background information.
放轻松 我们只想要一些背景信息
Stick your background up your fucking ass.
去你妈♥逼的背景信息
You're here, and we're gonna ask you a few questions.
既然你都来了 我们会问你一些问题
We can make it brief,
我们可以快速谈完
or you can scream your head off and take all day.
或者你可以继续大骂 耗上一整天
You fucking turned my cell out.
你们把我的牢房翻个底朝天
How'd you like it if I looked up your fucking cracks?
如果我把你住的地方翻个底朝天 你会作何感想
I wouldn't like it at all.
我肯定很不高兴
Going through your cell was not our idea.
搜查你的牢房并不是我们的主意
Please.
请吧
Have a seat.
坐
Mr. Speck
斯派克先生
We're conducting interviews
我们正在对
with people who've been convicted of violent crimes.
被判暴力犯罪的人进行约谈
We'll be asking about family history,
我们会围绕你的犯罪行为对你的家族史
antecedent behavior, and thought patterns
作案前的行为 思维模式
surrounding the crimes... fuck you, Hoover boys.
进行询问... 去死吧 联调局的小子
Our goal is to publish a statistical analysis
我们的目的是发表一份统计分析报告
which will not include your name.
里面不会提到你的名字
You better know my name. I beg your pardon?
你最好知道我的名字 你说什么
Beg your pardon." fuck you.
"你说什么" 去死吧 "
We know your name.
我们知道你的名字
Everybody knows your name.
大家都知道你的名字
Who else you talking to?
你们还和谁谈过
Like I've said,
我说了
people who've been convicted of similar violent crimes.
都是被判有类似暴力重罪的人
I'm not like them. No?
我和他们不同 不同吗
You don't think you've committed violent crimes?
你不认为你犯下了暴力重罪吗
I didn't say that.
我没这么说
How are you not like them?
你和他们哪里不同
Them fuckers are crazy.
那些人是疯子
Is that a bird?
那是只鸟吗
Where'd you get it?
你从哪里得到的
It had a broken wing.
它的翅膀受伤了
I fed it meatloaf through an eyedropper.
我用眼药水滴管喂了它肉饼
Did you give it a name?
你给它起名字了吗
They let you keep a pet here?
他们允许在这养宠物吗
As long as I suck their dicks.
只要我含他们的屌♥就行
It won't surprise you, Richard,
你肯定不会觉得意外 理查德
that we want to talk about July 14, 1966.
我们想和你谈谈1966年7月14号那天的事
You'd been drinking since the morning, is that correct?
你从一大早就开始喝酒 对吗
You'd gone a few times to the Maritime Union
你去了几次海员工会
to see about getting a job, but nothing had panned out.
想要找一份工作 但是一无所获
Did this influence your state of mind?
这影响到你的心情了吗
You drank at the Shipyard's Inn Tavern until after 10:00 p.M.,
你在船坞客栈酒吧喝到了晚上10点
when you walked over a mile to 2319 100th Street.
之后你走了近两公里来到了第100街2319号
Did anything about the nurse's apartment catch your eye?
护士们的宿舍有什么吸引你的地方吗
Was it your intention to commit robbery
当你走到宿舍楼门口的时候
when you went to the door?
本来是打算抢劫吗
May I see your... tattoo?
我可以看看你的文身吗
I read about it. I collected these pieces on you.
我在报上看到过 我收集了这些关于你的报道
The tattoo is kind of legendary.
那文身还挺有传奇色彩的
I always wondered what it looked like.
我一直好奇它是什么样子的
You're gonna have to roll up my sleeve.
你得卷起我的袖子
Okay.
好吧
Well, come here, then, little boy.
那么过来吧 小子
生而为魔
You want to pet my bird, too?
你想摸摸我的鸟吗
Uh, no. Thanks.
不了 谢谢
You went to the nurse's apartment, knocked on the door,
你前往护士宿舍 然后敲门
one of the young women answered it.
一名年轻女子开了门
You flashed a knife at her, pushed your way inside,
你突然对她亮出了刀 把她推入房内
realized there were several women home.
发现房间内还有好几个女孩
Was it still your intention to rob them at this point?
那时你依然只是想抢劫吗
At what point did you decide to kill them?
你是什么时候决定杀了她们的
I'm sorry. What?
抱歉 怎么了
I gotta ask.
我必须问一下
What gave you the right
是什么给了你
to take eight ripe cunts out of the world?
除掉那八个淫♥娃♥荡♥妇的权利
Some of them looked pretty good.
其中有几个相当漂亮
You ever think you were depriving the rest of us?
你有没有想过你在剥夺我们享受的权利
Eight hot pieces of ass.
八个性感骚货
You think that's fair?
你觉得这公平吗
You're crazy.
你真是疯了
That's a fine line that separates you from me.
那就是我和你不一样的地方
How the hell did you even fuck eight women the same night?
你一个晚上怎么能操8个女人
What do you eat for breakfast, gunpowder?
你早上吃的什么 火♥药吗
All right. I didn't fuck all of them.
够了 我没有操她们所有人
That story got blowed all out of proportion.
故事被吹得言过其实了
I only fucked one of them. The one on the couch?
我只操了她们中的一个 沙发上的那个吗
That's right. Why her?
没错 为什么选她
Could've fucked all of them. Why didn't you?
我本来是可以把她们全操了 你为什么没这么做
They kept coming.
她们不断进来
One after the other.
一个接着一个
What'd you do when they came home?
她们回来时 你是怎么做的
I put one in the bedroom, one in the closet.
我把一个赶到了卧室 一个赶到了柜子里
You corralled them like ponies?
你把她们像小马一样关了起来
That's right. Tied them up. Why'd you kill them?
没错 把她们绑起来 你为什么要杀了她们
Once I killed one, I had to kill all of them.
一旦杀了一个 就必须全杀了
Why'd you kill the first?
你为什么杀死第一个姑娘
She was crying and all, she was fucking loud.
她一直在哭闹 她太吵了
You told Bob Greene she spit in your eye,
你对鲍勃·格林说她朝你的眼睛吐口水
said she'd pick you out of a lineup.
说她记住了你的样貌
That son of a bitch, I should've never talked to him.
那个狗杂种 我不该接受他的采访的
Why not? He got the whole place all riled up.
为什么 他把整个监狱搞得群情激奋
I just wanted to kick back.
我只是想放松享受一下
Do your heroin, drink your hootch?
磕个药 喝个酒
That's right. Where do you get that stuff?
没错 你从哪搞来的这些东西
Got my sources.
我有自己的渠道
Made my own still. You made a still?
我自己做了制酒器 你做了制酒器
Hid it in a drawer in a guards' desk.
藏到了狱警们的桌子抽屉里
Right under their fucking nose.
就在他们眼皮底下
They couldn't figure out what the stink was.
他们根本不知道臭味是哪散发出来的
Was that true about the first girl?
关于第一个女孩的那事是真的吗
She spit at you?
她真朝你吐口水了吗
Because they all sounded pretty timid.
因为她们听起来都挺胆小的
All right, she got after me.
好吧 她一直骂我
I told her to shut up.
我叫她闭嘴
Did she shut up? She did what I said.
她闭嘴了吗 她照我说的做了
Then why kill her? 'Cause I wanted to.
那为什么杀她 因为我想
How'd you do her?
你是怎么杀她的
Choked her.
我掐死了她
Took forever.
用了好久
Is that why you stabbed the others?
所以你才用刀捅死了其他人
It was faster? That's right.
这样更快是吗 没错
Originally, you told them you weren't gonna kill them,
最开始 你告诉她们你不会杀了她们
you told them you were just gonna rob them.
只是想打劫
I guess I fucking lied.
我说谎了
Maybe you got overwhelmed? No.
也许你是惊慌失措了 不
I just decided to kill them.
我就是决定要杀她们
Except the one.
除了一个
She was a sneaky bitch.
她是个狡猾的贱♥人
Hid under a bed.
藏在了床底下
You know, I never did have much use for math.
我的数学一直不好
And all them girls, I lost count.
那么多女孩 我没数清
And there was blood fucking everywhere.
而且到处都他妈是血
Yep, they all looked dead to me.
是的 在我看来她们都死透了
They'd done nothing,
她们什么都没做
except maybe start crying when they realized this was it.
除了可能意识到自己要死的时候哭了几声
Ever wonder why you did it?
你有想过自己为什么这么做吗
No.
没有
Not even curious? I don't think about it at all
甚至都不好奇吗 在你们这种人出现之前
until peckers like you show up.
我连想都没想过这事
What about when you tried to off yourself?
那你试图自杀的时候是怎么想的
Don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
You attempted suicide at dawn in that motel.
你黎明时分曾试图在那个汽车旅馆里自杀
I didn't do that.
我可没有
Well, you slashed your wrists. fuck no!
你割伤了你的手腕 我他妈才没有
That was a fight. What?
那是打架弄的 什么
How I got cut. Who'd you fight?
我的伤口 你和谁打架
Some river coon trying to hustle.
某个想要找我茬的蠢货
Just happened to be on both wrists?
这么巧两个手腕都割伤了吗
I killed that motherfucker.
我杀了那个混♥蛋
You killed him, too? Shit, yeah.
你也把他杀了吗 是的
I didn't see that in the paper.
我在报上没见过这段
Because nobody gives a fuck about that.
因为根本没有人在乎
You lost a lot of blood.
你流了很多血
Did it hurt? I didn't feel fucking nothing.
疼吗 我什么感觉都没有
Do you still feel nothing? That's right.
现在也什么感觉都没有吗 没错
Maybe it feels good, feeling nothing. Sure.
毫无感觉一定很爽 当然
Are you sure, when you slashed your wrists,
你确定 当你划伤自己手腕的时候
you didn't feel bad about those girls?
没有对那些女孩感到愧疚吗
I told you, I didn't do that.
我跟你说了 我没试图自杀
Maybe you weren't feeling bad about the girls.
也许你没有对姑娘们感到愧疚
Maybe you were feeling sorry for yourself.
也许你是在自怨自艾
fuck you, peckerhead!
操♥你♥妈 混♥蛋
You know why those cunts died?
你知道为什么那群贱♥人死了吗
Because it just wasn't their fucking night.
因为她们那天晚上运气不好
Well, that was fucked up.
刚刚真是够糟糕的
When he started talking about feeding it through an eyedropper,
当他说用眼药水滴管喂鸟的时候
I actually felt sorry for the guy.
我甚至有些同情他
We really should videotape these interviews.
我们真的应该对这类谈话进行录像
Audio is never gonna do it justice.
音频肯定是不够的
A video archive of our most violent offenders.
一份关于最暴力罪犯的影音档案
Imagine that for posterity.
想象一下对后人的帮助有多大
It just wasn't their night."
"她们那天晚上运气不好" "
You might want to consider losing the tape.
你最好丢掉这盘录音带
What?
什么
Or saying it got mangled. The recorder chewed it.
或者说录音损坏了 录音机把带子绞了
Why would I do that?
我为什么要这么做
Eight ripe cunts."
"8个淫♥娃♥荡♥妇" "
I was getting him talking. That excuse is wearing thin.
我那是为了诱导他说话 这个理由站不住
Bill, don't get caught up in semantics.
比尔 别纠结于用词了
I don't like the language,
我不喜欢这种脏话
and I know at least one other person who won't like it either.
而且我知道至少还有一个人也不喜欢
Am I supposed to be cowed by Wendy? I'm just saying...
我应该害怕温迪吗 我是说...
You pushed back when she reamed us about Brudos.
布鲁多斯那事 她斥责我们的时候你也反驳了
Because we got something worthwhile from him.
那是因为我们在他身上得到了有价值的信息
I can do this stuff.
我可以做这种事
I can choke down the bile, manufacture empathy,
我可以忍气吞声 换位思考
when our subjects are at least informative.
只要我们的的采访对象是有挖掘价值的
You couldn't choke it down with Brudos...
布鲁多斯的事你就没有忍受...
Shut up, let me finish.
闭嘴 听我说完
But someone like Speck isn't worth our time.
但像斯派克这样的人不值得我们浪费时间
The fact that his death sentence was commuted
事实上 他的死刑被减免
is a national disgrace.
已经是国家耻辱了
We decided no one was beneath our contempt.
我们之前说好绝对不蔑视任何一个人
That snail didn't change your mind?
那个疯子还没有让你改变想法吗
We can learn from snails. What did we learn?
我们从疯子身上也可以学到东西 学到什么
That some subjects
有些受访对象
have no idea what's behind the horrific acts they commit.
并不知道自己为什么做出如此恐怖的行为
It was disgusting. I don't want to be part of it.
太恶心了 我不想再参与了
When did you get thin skinned? I'm trying to warn you,
你什么时候变得这么敏感了 我是想提醒你
your attitude is gonna bite you in the ass.
你的态度最后会让你自食恶果
There is no dishonor in losing
毁掉至少前三分钟的录音
at least the first three minutes of that tape.
并不是什么丢人的事
Ladies and gentlemen, we will be arriving at Dulles momentarily.
女士们先生们 我们即将抵达杜勒斯
Please make sure your seat belts are fastened.
请确保系好安全带
Tray tables and seat backs
收起小桌板
should be in their upright and locked position.
并调直座椅靠背
洗衣房
You know, Gregg...
话说 格雷格
there are some things in this interview
这段谈话里
that were important to, uh...
有些重要的内容...
But maybe best kept off the permanent record.
但最好还是不要写进正式记录里面
录音损坏
He admits to raping only one of the women.
他承认只强♥奸了一名女性
We already knew that. Why does he bring it up?
这我们已经知道了 他为什么提起这件事
He wasn't initially forthcoming.
他一开始并不配合
I believe I asked him
我觉得是因为我问了他
how he managed to have sex with all those nurses.
是怎么做到跟所有护士发生性关系的
Wait, you caught him off guard, he told the truth?
等等 你让他措手不及 说出了实情吗
I guess so. This rape was committed reflexively.
我猜是吧 那场强♥奸是他下意识的行为
The crime scene photos indicate
犯罪现场的照片显示
that she was facedown on the couch,
她是面部朝下趴在沙发上
so she was already depersonalized to him.
所以她已经不被当做人来看待了
It was probably just a "What the fuck" fuck.
很可能只是一时兴起的强♥奸
So he goes to the boardinghouse drunk,
当晚他喝醉后前往护士宿舍
looking for someone to rob.
想要寻找目标来实施抢劫
And then he finds himself in this situation with all these women.
之后发现房间内全是女人
He corrals them and then he rapes one of them.
他把她们关了起来 并强♥奸了其中的一个
To prove he can? Statement of sexual competence.
为了证明他有那个能力吗 展现自己的性能力
Which he later exaggerates in the interview,
他后来在面谈中也吹嘘过
claiming he could have raped them all.
说他本可以强♥奸所有人
He was bragging the whole time.
他一直在吹牛
He turned his suicide attempt into a bar fight.
他把自杀解释成酒吧斗殴
Yeah, projecting machismo.
没错 想投射出男子气概
Born to Raise Hell." Yes.
"生而为魔" 是的 "
It would be interesting to know how old he was
如果知道他在几岁的时候弄的文身
when he got that tattoo.
应该会很有意思
Because that was the conscious decision
因为他就是那个时候
for him to brand himself a badass.
有意识地决定将自己塑造成一个暴徒
We didn't get much history.
我们没有挖掘到太多过去的事
The bird in the fan kind of ended things.
他把鸟丢进风扇时 采访就进行不下去了
That moment? Vintage Speck.
那一刻才是真正的斯派克
You had just accused him of cowardice by attempting suicide.
你刚刚指责他试图自杀是懦弱的行为
And nobody born to raise hell is a coward.
生而为魔的人绝对不是懦夫
The bird was just further demonstration.
那只鸟只是为了更好地证明这点
I like the part where he
我喜欢的部分是
doesn't want to be lumped in with other subjects
他不想和其他受访者被归为一类
because they're crazy. Again, projection of self image.
因为他们是疯子 同样的 自我形象的投射
Speck is powerful, superior, exceptional.
斯派克是强大的 卓越的 特殊的
But did we learn anything new? Anything that wasn't in our files?
但我们有什么新收获吗 档案里之前没有的
He had no idea what he was going to do that night.
他本来不知道自己当晚要做什么
Every single act he committed was... spontaneous.
他的每个行为都是一时兴起的
We knew that from the evidence.
我们之前看证据时就知道了
Speck was so out of it,
斯派克醉得太厉害了
the woman who answered the door
为她开门的那个女人
was the only one he forgot to kill.
就是他唯一忘了杀死的那个
Yeah, but to hear him say it, that's extremely valuable.
是啊 但听到他本人说出来 这非常有价值
We need terminology to distinguish a Kemper from a Speck.
我们需要用专业术语来区分坎伯和斯派克这样的人
One drives around with ropes, knives, plastic bags in his trunk
一个是带着绳子 刀子和塑料袋 开车闲逛
and returns to a specific hunting ground
然后回到特定的狩猎地点
looking for specific prey,
寻找特定的猎物
while the other just happens upon his victims.
另一个只是随机挑选受害者
Isn't that organized and disorganized?
这不就是有组织的和无组织的区别吗
No. Those terms describe procedure. I'm looking...
不 这些术语是用来形容过程的 我要的是...
For example, Charles Whitman is similar to Speck.
比如 查尔斯·惠特曼和斯派克类似
He killed 14 people in 90 minutes.
他在90分钟内杀害了14个人
He's not a sequence killer, he's...
他不是个连续杀手 他是...
Whitman was on a spree.
惠特曼是享受杀人狂欢
His victims weren't selected.
他的目标并没有经过筛选
Just wasn't their night. Bill?
他们只是运气不好 比尔
Spree is good for Speck or Whitman.
狂欢杀人适用于斯派克或惠特曼
But I think sequence killer is wrong for someone like Kemper.
但我觉得用连续杀手来形容坎伯这样的人并不合适
It feels too cadenced. Perhaps.
感觉太有规律了 可能吧
It should feel like a long story. Continually updated.
更像是个长篇故事 持续更新的那种
A series of killings.
一系列的杀戮
Serial? Serial murderer?
连环的吗 连环凶手
Serial killer?
连环杀手
That's better. Let's see if it sticks.
听起来好多了 我们看看是否合适
Six more years? At least.
还需要6年吗 至少
Another year to complete my Masters,
还有一年来完成我的硕士学位
a year of exams to get a doctoral candidacy,
一年的考核来获得博士申请资格
and the dissertation takes two
还有论文需要用两年
if you're extremely motivated, usually four.
前提你非常卖力的话 通常要四年
You drink out of these? Just the one that's drying.
你用这些杯喝东西吗 只用正在晾干的那个
Store them upside down.
把它们扣着放
Anyway, I'll be 30 before I get my PhD.
总之 我30岁以后才会拿到博士学位
That's still impressive.
那也还是很让人佩服啊
Is that why I'm doing this? Who am I trying to impress?
那就是我求学的原因吗 我是想让谁佩服
I thought you loved this stuff. "This stuff"?
我以为你喜欢这种东西 这种东西
Yeah, the sociological constructs that you're always espousing.
是啊 你一直以来信奉的社会学构造
The Goffman and the Higel... Hegal.
戈夫曼和海格尔 黑格尔
Hegal. I knew it.
黑格尔 我就知道
In one ear, out the other, little Debbie's stuff.
左耳进右耳出 黛比喜欢的无聊事
I'm just talking generally, honestly not trying to minimize...
我只是随便说说 没有轻视的意思
You perk up when I talk about something
我只有在说一些和你工作有关的事时
that has to do with your work,
你才会提起精神
but the rest of the time...
但是其余时间...
I don't think you can put this on me.
你不能把这事怪到我头上
You've made it clear I'm not to get between you and your...
你之前说得很清楚 我不能影响你的...
Stuff." Maybe that's all this is.
"东西" 也许这就是根源所在 "
Maybe that's why I'm wondering
也许这就是为什么我不确定
if I want to spend the rest of my fucking life...
是否要用我的一生...
You're just now doing the math?
你现在才开始算时间吗
Not all of us land feet first
不是所有人都能从一开始
in our ideal vocation, Mr. Ford.
就从事自己理想的职业 福特先生
You think that's me? You've found this microscopic niche
你觉得我是这样吗 你通过和变态面谈
interviewing freaks, and you couldn't be better...
找到了自己的小天地 而且做得很好
Hello? Mr. Ford, I have a Mrs. Wade to see you.
喂 福特先生 有一位韦德太太想见你
Who? Uh, she says...
谁 她说...
What is this regarding, ma'am?
所为何事 女士
She's the wife of someone you had fired. Oh.
她说她老公因为你丢了工作 是吗
She says to remind you of someone named Roger.
她说提醒你是个叫罗杰的人
Okay.
好吧
If you'd like, I can call somebody.
如果你觉得有必要 我可以叫人来
Send her up.
让她上来吧
What?
怎么了
What is it?
什么事
Mr. Ford?
福特先生
Mrs. Wade.
韦德太太
That's right.
正是
How did you find me?
你怎么找到我的
It took a while.
花了些时间
You might not want to follow a federal agent.
你最好不要跟踪一位联邦探员
There could be consequences.
可能会有严重的后果
You're just a kid.
你不过是个孩子
What do you want?
你有何贵干
So young to be ruining people's lives.
你这个年纪不该毁掉别人的生活
Mrs. Wade. I'm sure you're aware
韦德太太 我相信你知道
that Roger was let go by the school district.
罗杰被校区开除了
I was not aware.
我不知道
Which means he can never again work in Prince William County.
那意味着他再也不能在威廉王子县工作了
We've been in our home for 23 years.
我们已经在那里生活了23年
We have a daughter who's still in high school,
我们的女儿还在上高中
so moving is impossible.
所以搬家是不可能的
He's been looking for work all over Virginia, Maryland, Delaware,
他跑遍了弗吉尼亚州 马里兰州 特拉华州
as a guidance counselor,
想找一份辅导老师的工作
a substitute teacher.
代课教员也行
But no one wants him near children.
但是没人愿意让他接近孩子
And children are his life.
而孩子就是他的生命
I am very sorry to hear that,
我很抱歉是这样的结果
but I had nothing to do with your husband...
但是我和你丈夫的遭遇并没有关系
I understand you told the superintendent he could be a pedophile.
我知道你告诉校监他可能是个恋童癖
You've been misinformed.
你获取的信息有误
So... you're saying that you didn't talk to anyone?
所以你没有对任何人说过吗
This was started by teachers.
那是老师们提起来的
You mean Janet Ebner?
你是说珍内特·艾本纳吗
Roger was going against the wishes of faculty and parents.
罗杰的行为违背了老师和家长的意愿
He'd been given every opportunity to... He did nothing wrong!
他本来有机会来... 他没做错任何事
I don't know what to tell you.
我不知道该怎么和你说
I almost don't know him anymore.
我几乎不认识他了
I've never seen him so morose.
我从没见过他如此阴沉