非常手法巧破悬案 霍尔登被欲望吞噬
Got another one.
又收到一封
Wish you were here."
"真希望你在" "
Dear Holden, it's been some time since we've seen each other,
"亲爱的霍尔登 离我们上次见有一阵子了 "
and while the memory of your voice has faded,
虽然我脑海中你的声音已逐渐消散
what we discussed has not.
我们的讨论却记忆犹新
I've had more insights into my behavior,
我对我的行为有了更多认识
which I'd like to share with you at your earliest convenience.
希望能尽快和你分享
Warmest regards, Ed Kemper."
祝好 艾德·坎伯"
Ed Kemper writes you?
艾德·坎伯给你写信
If OPR decides to pay a site visit...
要是职责调查部决定来一次实地调查...
fuck 'em.
去他们的
Bill Tench. Bill, Detective Chambers.
比尔·坦奇 比尔 我是钱伯斯警探
Hey, Gordon, how's it going down there?
你好 戈登 一切还顺利吗
You're not gonna be happy.
你不会高兴的
Okay.
好吧
I had Devier come in, suggested a polygraph.
我把德维尔叫到警局 提出做个测谎
I wanted to see his reaction, and he agreed to it.
我想看他的反应 他同意了
You polygraphed him? That's right.
你给他测谎了 是的
And he passed.
他通过了
Inconclusive. Shit.
结论不明 该死
We don't get that result too often.
这个结果可不常见
Because it only occurs six percent of the time.
因为仅有百分之六的概率
It usually has to do with how the questions are worded.
通常跟问题的措辞有关
Lab found Lisa's blood on the rock. Inconclusive.
实验室在石块上发现了丽萨的血 结论不明
Devier, he'd cleaned the car.
德维尔 他已经把车清理了
And so, no physical evidence. That's right.
这样一来 没有物证 没错
Think that's bad, the inconclusive?
这样不妙吗 结论不明
Definitely won't put him away with it.
绝对不够定他的罪
Worst case scenario, he's exonerated.
最坏的情况 他被无罪释放
Can you hold a moment? Sure.
能等一下吗 好
You get all that? They've got nothing on him?
听到了吗 他们什么证据都没有
Sounds like he was happy to take the polygraph.
听上去他很乐意接受测谎
Now he'll be cockier than ever.
现在他更加自大了
See if he'll talk to us. There's no way.
看他愿不愿意跟我们谈谈 不可能
Ask him.
问问他
How convinced are we that he's guilty?
我们有多确信他有罪
What percentage convinced?
有百分之多少
Hundred percent. I'm about 70.
百分之百 我觉得百分之七十
It is no accident that this
这个修剪工人
tree trimmer was accused of rape in another county.
在另一个县被控强♥奸绝不是偶然
He'd have to be Mirandized.
这样一来 他要被宣读米兰达权利
It's a death penalty state. There's nothing in it for him.
那个州有死刑 这样对他没好处
He is a narcissist. Might just do it to prove that he can.
他是个自大狂 也许他会因为想证明自己答应我们
Have Chambers extend an invitation.
让钱伯斯向他提出邀请
Hey, Gordon? Yeah.
戈登 嗯
Here's an idea.
我们有个主意
Can you bring in Devier later?
你能过会把德维尔带到局里吗
Sure. Tonight?
当然 今晚吗
p.m. Casual, a little evening chat.
晚上六七点 随意些 就是晚间闲聊 6, 7:00
Assure him he's not under arrest, but it's important,
向他保证不是要逮捕他 但很重要
the FBI wants to talk to him.
联邦探员想找他谈话
We're doing this after hours to be more casual?
我们选择下班时间是为了不那么正式吗
Make it seem that way. He'll be tired, he'll let down his guard.
表面弄成这样 他会很累 放下戒备
Then he'll realize we're working overtime. We mean business.
然后他会意识到我们仍然在工作 这是动真格的
Once he gets to the station, let him wait before we talk to him.
等他到了局里 谈话之前让他等会
Okay. At least an hour.
好的 至少等一小时
That's supposed to...
那样是为了...
You ever wait for test results in a doctor's office?
你在医生办公室等过检查结果吗
We need to create in him a visceral memory.
我们得给他留下深刻的记忆
We need to elicit a physiological response.
我们得诱发生理上的反应
We need a shoe. A shoe?
我们需要一只"鞋" 鞋
It's something we used to crack another sociopath.
我们用它击垮了另一个反社会分子
We need to find the equivalent for Devier.
我们得找到德维尔身上类似的弱点
欢迎来到亚特兰大
Show me everything you got on Devier. Brass.
把你掌握的所有德维尔资料都给我 布拉斯
This is it? That's it.
就这些 都在这了
Okay, I need a lot more.
好吧 我需要更多
Several of these folders, make them thick.
多拿几个这种文件夹 摞厚点
Go to the copier. Use blank pages if you need to.
去复印 实在没办法用白纸也行
I want it to look like Manhattan Yellow Pages.
我想让它看着像曼哈顿电话簿一样厚
Evidence room? This way.
物证室在哪 这边
What have we here?
看看都有什么
This is great. This is perfect.
很棒 简直完美
Where's her baton? Her twirling baton?
她的指挥棒呢 用来挥舞的指挥棒
She didn't have that on her. Okay.
她当时没带在身上 好吧
Take all of this to the interview room.
把这些都搬到审讯室去
Yes, sir.
好的
You have anything from where the body was found?
有从发现尸体的地方带回来的物证吗
Just on that shelf, the one below.
就在那个架子上 下面那层
Well, all right.
好吧
Is there a five and dime around here?
这旁边有廉价商品店吗
Right off the square.
就在广场旁边
Get a baton, fine if it's cheap. Remove the price tag.
买一根指挥棒 便宜的也行 把价签撕掉
Drag it around in the dirt. Okay.
在泥地上划几下 好的
I don't want him to see evidence.
我不想让他把这些当成物证
I want him to see a sweet little girl.
而是让他想象出一个可爱的女生
Hurry.
快去
Listen, when we get Devier in here,
听着 等我们把德维尔带进来
I'm gonna ask him questions that may make you uncomfortable.
我可能会问一些让你感觉不适的问题
Acing the polygraph just
他骗过了测谎仪
lowered his blood pressure, so sit tight, okay?
压力没那么大了 所以耐心等一等好吗
Sure.
好的
All this an FBI thing?
这是联调局的套路吗
It's, uh... his thing.
是他的套路
We have Devier coming across the street.
德维尔过来了
Devier.
德维尔
Come right through here.
进来
So I'm going to have you wait down the hall here.
你先在走廊等一下
Wait while the agents come in. Bring back smokes or anything?
等探员过来 你想抽烟什么的吗
Yeah, that'd be great. All right.
那就太好了 好
Don't know how much more information I can provide,
不知道我还能再提供什么信息
but I'll help any way I can.
但我会尽力协助
They just want to talk to you. Through here.
他们只是想跟你谈谈 这边
He's in there.
他在那里
Gene, hello. I'm Special Agent Holden Ford.
吉恩 你好 我是特别探员霍尔登·福特
Special Agent Bill Tench.
特别探员比尔·坦奇
Detective Chambers, you guys have met.
钱伯斯警探 你们已经见过了
Thanks much for doing this. You've been Mirandized, right?
感谢配合 你被宣读过权利了吧
Again. Great.
不止一次 很好
We're gonna do this as quickly as possible.
我们会尽快进行
I'm sure you've got better things to do tonight.
你今晚肯定有更好的计划
Army life wasn't for me. I'll admit that.
军旅生活不适合我 我承认
Too regimented.
太过严苛
Couldn't stand them barking orders at me all the time.
受不了他们一直冲我吼那些命令
I like things more laid back, you know.
我更喜欢松散的生活
Working outdoors, the fresh air.
在户外工作 呼吸新鲜空气
John, my boss, he was great about hiring me,
我上司约翰 他不介意雇佣我
even with the discharge.
即使我被部队除名了
It seemed like a perfect fit.
这份工作看起来很完美
Out in the weather, working with my hands.
在户外 用我的双手工作
Military's not for everyone.
军营不适合所有人
You can't know that before you go in.
但入伍之前没法知道
You went voluntarily?
你是自愿入伍的
Nam was pretty much over, figured it'd be low key.
越战基本打完了 想着也不会多辛苦 '
Looks like you've married and divorced twice.
你好像结了两次婚又离了两次婚
What can I say? I'm popular with the ladies.
我能说什么呢 姑娘们都喜欢我
Or unpopular. Depending on how you look at it.
或者都不喜欢 那要看你怎么看了
I made mistakes.
我犯过错
Married my first girl when we were 16.
16岁的时候娶了第一任妻子
Just after you dropped out of high school?
当时你刚刚高中辍学
Yeah. Why'd you drop out?
对 为什么辍学
Trouble sitting still.
没法安静♥坐着
School made me a little nuts, too.
学校也让我受不了
So you married your first girl.
所以你娶了初恋
Why'd you split up? We were fighting all the time.
你们为什么离♥婚 我们总是吵架
What about your second wife? Same story.
那第二任妻子呢 一样
But you're living again with your first ex wife?
但现在你又和第一任前妻同居了
Yeah. I know. I know. It's kind of...
对 我知道 这有点...
Same story? Still fighting?
还是一样吗 整天吵架
Sometimes. But she's not 16 anymore.
有时候吧 但她不再是16岁少女了
Nope. Oh, no.
对 不再是了
The bloom of youth has faded.
青春的花朵枯萎了
You all got a lot of information on me.
你们掌握了我的不少信息啊
The FBI is thorough.
联调局调查很彻底
Yeah, well, what am I, some kind of gangster?
我什么人啊 帮派分子吗
Bureaucracy.
公事公办而已
Well, listen, I got to mosey out of here soon, so if we could...
我还有事儿急着走呢 能不能快点
Of course. Of course.
当然 当然
Let's get down to business.
说正事吧
You're really important to us, Gene.
你对我们非常重要 吉恩
You were on Lisa's street the week before she disappeared.
丽萨失踪的前一周你就在那条街上当班
You had a bird's eye view of the entire place.
你能鸟瞰整条街
Yeah, but I mean, I didn't see nothing.
倒是 但我什么都没看见啊
You know, I was focused on them trees. You got to be.
我光专心锯树枝了 不专心不行
Especially when you're working the saw.
尤其是你摆弄电锯的时候
Understood, but...
明白 但是
we're kind of grasping at straws here.
我们也是实在没办法了
You're the closest thing we have to an eyewitness.
你是我们能找到的最接近目击证人的人了
Well, I took your polygraph. I'm an open book.
我都接受测谎了 我知道的就说
Thank you.
多谢
So...
那么
you must have seen Lisa coming and going that week.
那个星期你肯定看见丽萨上下学了
Not really.
也没怎么看见
Maybe once or twice.
也许一两次吧
If she wore that outfit, couldn't have missed her.
如果她穿了那身服装 你肯定看得见
Yeah. Oh, yeah, I guess I saw her in that a couple of times.
没错 我是看见几次她穿着那身衣服
Feathered hat, silver baton?
羽毛帽子 银色指挥棒
Uh... yeah.
大概吧
What time she catch the school bus in the morning?
她每天上午几点赶校车上学
Well, let's see, I'd get there about 7:00,
我想想 我到那忙活是七点
she'd come out maybe half hour later.
她大概半个小时之后就出门了
And what time did the bus drop her back off?
那校车什么时候送她回来
Oh, I can't say.
这我说不准了
Um, I mean, maybe 3:30, 4:00.
大概三点半 四点的吧
Ever see her talk to anyone when she got off the bus?
看见过她下车之后跟什么人说过话吗
No, sir.
没有
Anyone on her street who looked like he didn't belong there?
有没有不像本地住户的人在街上晃
Not that I can recall, but, I mean...
我真想不起来 不过
I wasn't even working the week that she disappeared.
她失踪那周我甚至没去上班
Right.
也对
Oh, hold on, it almost ended.
等等 快录满了
That's what she had on her that day.
她那天就是穿着这些
Heartbreaking.
真让人难过
By all accounts, she was a sweet kid.
不管怎么说 她都是个好姑娘
暂停
Yeah, she seemed real friendly.
是啊 她看起来可和善了
You noticed that?
你注意到了
You know, just saw her
就是看到她
playing in the yard with her dog, you know.
在院子里和狗玩
I mean, I guess you could say she was...
甚至可以说她是...
Precocious? Right.
早熟 没错
Did you ever talk to her?
你和她说过话吗
No. She ever talk to you?
没有 她和你说过吗
Waved a time or two.
打过一两次招呼吧
Was she a cheerleader? Majorette.
她是啦啦队员吧 是指挥
Those girls on the dance team are something else.
舞队的女孩儿可真是不一般
I always had the hots for them.
总是看得我眼热心跳
I mean...
你看
she looks pretty tasty in that outfit, doesn't she?
她穿着制服 秀色可餐啊 是不是
Sure. It's very revealing.
是吧 前♥凸♥后♥翘的
Yeah, I guess.
大概吧
Come on.
拜托
You guys don't think so?
你们不这么觉得吗
I mean...
我是说
Definitely looks older than 12.
肯定要比12岁成熟啊
See, that's what I thought.
我也这么以为的
Okay. Thank you. So it's not just me?
谢谢你 原来不止我自己这么想
Well, these girls these days, they're developing so early.
这年头的女孩儿 都发育得特提前
Sure are.
可不是吗
Of course, Lisa was in junior high.
当然了 丽萨只是个初中生
Whoever picked her up might not have known that.
那晚不管是谁对她动手 都不知道这点
I mean, I'm sitting here wracking my brain,
我在这绞尽脑汁地想
trying to remember if I saw someone, but...
就是想回忆下看见过谁 但是
We believe he thought she was older
我们认为这个人觉得她年龄更大
She was friendly, probably came up to him.
她这么和气 没准是主动和他搭话的
He thought if they got together, it'd be consensual.
他以为如果他们做了 也是两情相悦
Well, 14 is the age of consent.
是啊 14岁是自愿年龄线
Is that right?
是吗
Yeah.
是的
I guess Georgia's kind of forward thinking in that respect.
佐治亚州在这方面还挺有远见的
I mean, by the time a woman has hair on her pussy,
一个女人开始长阴毛
you'd think she'd be able to decide who gets a piece of it.
她就应该有能力决定和谁发♥生♥关♥系
I mean, yeah, man. I never thought about it like that before,
是啊 我从没这么想过
but, yeah. But it's kind of true.
不过是的 可就是这样的
Could make a case. Some women shave down there.
很有道理 有些女人会剃阴毛
You ever see that? No.
你见过吗 没
They look so young.
看上去特别嫩
Have you seen it? No, but heard tell.
那你见过吗 没 但我听说过
I tried to get my girlfriend to do it. You think she would?
我试图让我女朋友这么做 你觉得她会吗
She's considering. What did you even say to her?
她在考虑 你和她说了什么
I told her, "Honey, this turns me on."
我跟她说 "宝贝 这让我欲♥火中烧"
Just direct like that?
这么直接吗
Yeah, I don't know if she's gonna do it.
嗯 我不知道她会不会剃
Women have their own minds these days, but it sure would be hot,
如今的女人都有自己的想法 但那样肯定很性感
don't you think?
你不觉得吗
Sure.
当然
You got to make it with that young pussy before it turns into Mom.
你得在妹妹老了前尝尝它的鲜
第二集中坎伯对霍尔登说过的话
She's chatting him up,
她和他搭讪
maybe he's thinking she looks old enough to wear this outfit,
或许他觉得她到了穿这身衣服的年龄
twirl a baton, march in the band,
挥舞指挥棒 与学校乐队一同游♥行
probably got some hair on her, but not too much.
她可能长了点阴毛 但不多
Let's take a break.
我们休息下吧
You need a break, Gene?
你需要休息下吗 吉恩
No, I'm okay. Well, I need a break.
不用 我需要
I am gravely concerned with this line of questioning.
我非常担忧这一系列问题
I told you, you need to relax.
我跟你说了 你需要淡定
If it came out in court we suggested the girl flirted with him...
如果法庭得知我们暗示那个女孩和他调情
How would it come out? He turned off the tape.
怎么会知道 他把录音关了
Yeah, I saw that.
我看到了
I don't know about that, either.
这事也很让我担忧
You agree with this?
你同意这么做吗
In theory. Not so much in practice.
理论上同意 实践的话就没那么同意了
I will take full responsibility for what happens in there.
里面发生的事 我会承担一切后果
Most people would call it a cherry picker,
大多数人会称之为车载升降台
but the industry term would be a boom lift or a boom truck.
但它的工业术语是吊杆装卸机或者吊杆起重机
What's the highest you've been? About 50 feet.
你最高到过什么高度 大约15米
In a tree? That's right.
在树上吗 没错
But you're in a harness, right?
但你有系安全带 对吧
Well, of course, at that height.
当然 那么高的高度
But sometimes you got to get out to get them faraway limbs.
但有时你得出去才能修剪到远处的树枝
Don't look down, huh? No, that don't bother me no more.
别朝下看 我已经不怕了
You saw Lisa waving to you a couple of times.
你说你看到丽萨对你挥手过几次
Must not have been too far up to see that.
你当时所在高度应该不高吧
No, I'm not too sure.
我不确定
She ever talk to you? No.
她跟你说过话吗 没有
But I already told you that.
但我已经跟你说过了
Hmm. Okay.
好吧
Why?
为什么又问一次
We have one person, said she saw the two of you talking.
有个人声称看到过你们聊天
Well, I thought I was your star witness.
我不是你们的主要证人吗
Only one watching the street.
唯一盯着街道的人
Listen, you're a good looking guy.
听着 你长得挺好看
Did she just come up to you, being friendly?
她有没有主动来找过你 表示友好
She sees you up there every day, sweating away in the hot sun.
她每天看到你在上面 在骄阳下辛苦工作
Could she have maybe offered you a soda?
她有没有可能给你买过汽水
She could've come up and talked to me.
她有可能来和我说过话
Can you remember?
你能记起来吗
I guess. It's coming back to you.
也许吧 你想起来了
Just that... she could've talked to me.
她可能和我说过话
What did she say?
她说了什么
I don't know. You don't?
我不知道 不知道
No. No idea at all?
是的 完全不知道吗
You weren't listening?
你没听吗
I can't recall.
我想不起来了
She ask you about your work,
她有问你你的工作
your day, where you live?
那天过得怎么样 你在哪住吗
Something like that.
差不多吧 small talk.
闲聊
Sure.
是的
I bet she thought you were a handsome cuss.
她肯定觉得你是个帅哥
I don't know.
我不知道
You think she was pretty?
你觉得她漂亮吗
We've already established she looked at least 14.
我们早就说过 她看起来至少14岁
I guess I thought so. You thought what?
我想我也这么认为 你认为什么
That she was cute. She was precocious, too.
认为她很可爱 也很早熟
Didn't mind that you were older.
她不介意你比她大
She probably kind of liked it.
她说不定还挺喜欢这一点的
Yeah. I kind of thought she was into me.
是啊 我也觉得她挺喜欢我
When your job ended and you weren't on that street anymore,
当你工作结束离开那条街之后
you still think about her?
你还想着她吗
No. You ever go back by the house,
没有 你回去过那栋房子吗
see if she wanted to talk some more?
去看看她是不是想再聊聊
I mean, she started things, right?
毕竟 是她先搭讪你的 对吧
Kind of.
算是吧
What about this jacket?
这件夹克呢
You ever see her wear this?
你见她穿过吗
Here, take a closer look.
给 仔细看看
When you picked her up from the bus, was she wearing this jacket?
你把她从校车站接走的时候 她穿着这件夹克吗
There was a lot of blood at the crime scene.
犯罪现场有很多血迹
We haven't revealed too many details,
我们还没透露太多细节
but Lisa's skull was crushed.
但是丽萨的头骨被砸碎了
That blood goes everywhere.
血溅得到处都是
In crimes involving blunt force trauma,
在涉及钝器杀人的案子中
it's almost impossible for the attacker
袭击者要避开受害者的血溅到自己身上
to avoid getting his victim's blood on him.
几乎是不可能的
The scalp has thousands of capillaries.
头皮有上千个毛细血管
Blood sprays everywhere, like a fine mist.
血液像细水雾一样洒得到处都是
It gets in your hair, up your nose.
会渗进你的头发 进入你的鼻腔
I'd be amazed if you didn't get any on you.
要是你身上一点都没沾到 我倒觉得惊讶
He's washed since then. What's under your fingernails, Gene?
他洗掉了 你指甲缝里的是什么 吉恩
I think it's just dirt, Bill. Maybe we should take a sample.
污垢而已 比尔 也许我们该采集个样本
He scrubbed his nails by now. Is it in your ears?
他早就擦洗过指甲了 你耳朵里面有吗
I bet it is in your ears.
我打赌耳朵里肯定有
When was the last time you cleaned your ears?
你最近一次清洗耳朵是什么时候
You want to take a sample Bill? Can we do that?
你想采个样本吗 比尔 我们可以吗
Yeah. I can arrange that.
可以 我可以安排
You've gone quiet.
你不说话了
Normally when we accuse somebody of murder,
通常当我们指控某人谋杀时
if they haven't done it, they won't shut up.
如果他们是无辜的 会不停地辩解
They protest their innocence.
他们会坚称自己是清白的
Oh, God, yeah.
就是啊
How dare you? fuck you. I know my rights."
"你怎么敢 去你的 我清楚我的权利" "
A guilty guy will clam up, start listening intently,
有罪的人会沉默 开始专心地听
which is what you're doing.
就像你现在这样
If a guilty guy yells to make you think he's innocent,
就算有罪的人大吼大叫 想让你认为他是无辜的
you can always tell the difference. Sure can.
你也能看出差别 当然可以
Why do you keep looking at that rock Gene?
你为什么一直看着那块石头 吉恩
An innocent man would have to guess its significance.
一个无辜的人肯定会猜测它的重要性
It's what was used to kill Lisa, wasn't it?
那是杀害丽萨的凶器 是吧
When things got out of hand.
当事情失去控制后
You didn't mean to, right?
你不是故意的 对吧
She came up to you, she seemed friendly,
她主动找你 看起来很友善
and then everything went sideways.
然后一切就变了
The question for us isn't "Did you do it?"
我们的问题并不是"是不是你干的"
We know that you did it.
我们知道是你干的
The question for us is...
我们的问题是
Why?"
"为什么要那样做" "
We think we know why, and we understand.
我们认为我们知道原因 我们能理解
All you have to do is tell us if we're right.
你只需要告诉我们 我们是否猜对了
Can you teach this stuff? We should.
你们能教这些东西吗 我们应该教的
Bill, why are not we teaching profiling at the Academy?
比尔 我们为什不在学院教犯罪侧写
Because we're still figuring it out.
因为我们还在摸索中
You like this bourbon? Yeah.
你喜欢这个威士忌吗 喜欢
Two more.
再来两杯
Now, what I can't get over is the rock.
我现在搞不懂的是那块石头
He could not control his reaction.
他当时控制不了他的反应
Everybody has a rock. What do you mean?
每个人都有块石头 什么意思
Something that makes them sweat.
会让他们紧张的东西
Like, for example, my senior year of college.
拿我大四那年来说
I came home for Christmas,
我回家过圣诞节
I'm sitting at the kitchen table with my dad,
我和我爸坐在厨房桌子上
and my mom brings over some eggnog.
我妈妈端过来一些蛋酒
And she hands me a glass and she says,
她递给我一杯 然后说
Holden, have you had sexual relations with a woman?"
"霍尔登 你和女孩子有过性关系吗" "
Jesus, no. Yeah.
我的天 不是吧 是的
And I say, "Uh, yeah, Mom, I have."
然后我就说 "有啊 妈妈 发生过"
And she says, "What's her name?"
然后她问 "她叫什么名字"
And I say, "Well, actually, Mom, there's been a few."
我说 "妈 其实不止一个"
Bottoms up.
干杯
And then...
然后...
Oh! And then she says, "Holden...
然后她说"霍尔登...
who's going to have you as a husband now?"
你这样谁还愿意嫁给你"
I'm telling you,
我跟你们说
if she asked me that again today,
如果她现在再问我一遍
the exact same thing would happen. I would completely fall apart.
结果还是一样 我还是会彻底崩溃
She's your rock.
她就是你的那块石头
Let's be clear.
我在这说清楚
All he did was put the killer's murder weapon in front of him.
他只不过把作案凶器放到了他面前而已
Bill, come on.
比尔 别这么说
We posited that the killer might feel guilty.
我们假设过凶手可能会感到愧疚
And then, I just...
而我只是...
created a situation where the guilt completely overwhelmed him.
建立了一个场景 让那种愧疚压垮了他
It wasn't guilt.
那不是愧疚
It was the pucker of "Oh, shit, I'm going to the electric chair."
而是在害怕"该死 我要上电椅了"
How'd you come up with this stuff?
你们怎么想出来这些的
By interviewing Richard Speck,
通过约谈理查德·斯派克
and Jerry Brudos, and Ed Kemper.
杰瑞·布鲁多斯和艾德·坎伯
You talked to them firsthand?
你亲自跟他们谈的
And we've got Manson and Berkowitz on the wish list.
我们的名单上还有曼森和山姆之子呢
No shit.
不是吧
Unbelievable. What are they like?
难以置信 他们是什么样的
Well, I don't think I'm speaking out of turn here when I say...
我这么说应该也不为过...
they are fucked up.
他们就是欠操
Amen.
说得好
So what did you say to him?
你对他说了什么
I got him talking about how hot young girls are,
我哄他说年轻女孩有多性感
how they often look older than their age.
说她们看起来常常比实际年龄要大
But it was the net effect.
但重点在于实际效果
I laid out everything she had on her,
我摆出她被害那天身上穿的所有衣服
a portrait of the last day in the life of a 12 year old girl.
刻画出了一个12岁小女孩生命中的最后一天
So you staged it. Like a director.
你布了个景 就像导演那样
I guess.
大概吧
Only he didn't know he was playing a role in your drama.
只不过他不知道他在你的戏里演一个角色
That is what made it a nail biter.
所以剧情才让人窒息
No one could have scripted the reveal of the rock.
没有编剧能写出他看到石头后的反应
He completely freaked.
他完全吓坏了
You could suddenly smell BO in the room.
你突然就能闻到房间里有臭味
Pavlovian. Guilt.
条件反射 是愧疚
But you were convinced he was guilty before you went in.
但你在审问他之前就确信他有罪了
Well, it was pretty obvious.
那很明显
Yes, but presupposed.
是 但仍是假设
Correctly presupposed.
正确的假设
Is it a fair experiment
如果你从结论开始
if you're working backward from a conclusion?
反向研究 那这试验还能算公平吗
If your theory is proven right.
只要你的理论能被证实就算
Holden, you drove him to an emotional response.
霍尔登 你逼出了他的情绪反应
I helped put a child murderer behind bars.
我帮忙逮捕了一个儿童杀手
Like Perry Mason?
像佩里·梅森那样吗
美国著名小说人物 一位致力于发掘真相的律师
That's right. Only Perry Mason never got off on it.
没错 但佩里·梅森从未因此得意洋洋
Please stop analyzing me.
别再分析我的心理了
I'm not analyzing you.
我没有分析你的心理
You run this little commentary on everything I do.
我做什么你都要评头论足
I was talking about your work.
我在谈论你的工作
That's how we communicate, right?
我们平时不就是这么沟通的吗
You talk about your job, I give my opinion.
你谈你的工作 我在一旁给意见
Maybe I don't always want to hear your opinion.
或许我并不总想听你的意见呢
You mean when I'm not in agreement with you.
你是说当我和你意见分歧的时候
Could you just be my girlfriend?
你就不能只当个女朋友吗
Could you just listen?
只听不说不行吗
You mean shut up and adore you?
你是说闭上嘴膜拜你吗
Well, you could try it. Once.
你至少可以...试一次
I would say that making furniture from human remains
我觉得用人体残骸做家具
qualifies as organized.
可以算有组织的
We're famous.
我们出名了
This is apparently the talk of the Atlanta office.
一看就是亚特兰大办公室的杰作
Darrell Gene Devier cracks
"达里尔·吉恩·德维尔 "
under the questioning of a new type of FBI agent."
在新式联调局探员的问讯下崩溃了"
Is that supposed to be us? Who the fuck do you think?
说的是我们吗 不然呢