Who's named?
提到了谁的名字
Read the part about, uh...
看一下那部分...
Behavioral Science's
"行为科学部 "
bright eyed boy who's friends with Ed Kemper."
那个和艾德·坎伯做了朋友的帅哥"
Who talked to a reporter?
谁跟记者爆料了
Probably your baby faced drinking buddy.
可能是那个和你一起喝酒的娃娃脸
That was in confidence to a member of law enforcement.
那只是执法部门内部成员的私下谈话
While you were drunk. Celebrating.
那时你喝醉了 我们在庆祝
Using evidence from the crime scene,
"利用犯罪现场发现的证据 "
he managed to break through Devier's psychological barriers"?
他成功击溃了德维尔的心理防线"
This reads a lot like coercion.
听起来很像逼供
Worse, it sounds like horseshit.
更糟 这简直是扯淡
Devier was in that interrogation room
我们把德维尔叫来审讯
because trees were trimmed on the victim's street.
是因为他在受害者门前公路上修剪树枝
Good old fashioned detective work. That got him in the room.
经♥典的侦查手段 那让他来受审
We got him to confess.
是我们让他招供了
You cannot be proud of this.
这不值得骄傲
There's nothing egregious here.
文章写得也不是很过分
Exposure could be good. No.
有曝光也是件好事 不
Can we all agree we are not ready for Good Morning America?
我们还没准备好上《早安美国》 大家都同意吗
I did not give an interview.
我并没有接受采访
Even if we were accurately represented,
就算对我们的报导准确无误
people should not be reading about us over breakfast.
我们也不应该成为民众早餐时的谈资
Why not?
为什么不能
Just because.
没有为什么
Bill...
比尔
is it possible that you're upset
你生气会不会是因为
because the article doesn't mention you?
文章没有提到你
Hi, Susan. It's Dr. Wendy Carr.
你好 苏珊 我是温迪·卡尔博士
I need to book a flight tomorrow.
我要订一张明天的机票
I don't know what to do short of putting a muzzle on him.
除了让他闭嘴外我不知道该怎么做了
Please don't go back to Boston.
请不要回波士顿
Atlanta. Out of Dulles.
亚特兰大 从杜勒斯机场起飞
The same day if possible. Why are you going to Atlanta?
最好是当天的 你为什么要去亚特兰大
I'm gonna talk to the Floyd County DA. About what?
去和弗洛伊德县的地检谈谈 谈什么
It's in the article, they're prosecuting a capital case.
文章中提到他们要提请死刑
So?
所以呢
So we can't be seen to be party to that.
所以我们不能让别人以为我们和这有关联
I'm sorry. Yes, I am.
抱歉 是的 我是
Can you give me that number again?
你能再把电话号码说一遍吗
What are you talking about? That's none of our concern.
你在说什么 这用不着我们操心
It's mine.
我必须得操心
He slaughtered a 12 year old girl.
他杀害了一名12岁的女孩
I know what he did.
我知道他的罪行
Oh, uh, window or aisle, both are fine.
靠窗或靠走道都行
Georgia's a death penalty state.
佐治亚州可以施行死刑
I think I might need a car, too.
我还需要一辆车
What exactly are you going to say to them?
你准备怎么跟他们说
We're four interviews in.
我们还有四个谈话
No one is gonna wanna talk to us
如果他们觉得我们
if they think we're sending people to the electric chair.
是来把他们送上电椅的 没人会想跟我们谈
No one in law enforcement
如果执法部门
will talk to us if they think we're squeamish
觉得我们对处死强♥奸犯和杀人犯大惊小怪
about executing rapists and murderers.
也不会和我们谈的
Oh, that sounds lovely. A convertible or a T top.
挺好的 敞篷车或半开敞篷车
You cannot go down there representing the FBI.
你不能以代表联调局的身份到那去
I don't intend to.
我也没有打算这么做
Then they won't understand how you're connected to this case.
那他们就不会明白你和这个案子有什么关系
If you don't see how this situation compromises us,
如果你看不清这个局面对我们有多不利
then I really don't know what to say to you.
那我也不知道该说什么了
I'm sorry. I'm... I'm so distracted.
抱歉 我这边有点事
Can you give me that number one more time?
你能再说一遍那个号码吗
Go with her.
跟她一起去
You got us into this.
都是你惹的祸
Shut the door.
把门关上
I got it this time. Thank you.
我记下了 谢谢
佐治亚州罗马
Follow my lead. I'm used to talking to law enforcement.
跟着我来 我很习惯和执法部门打交道
District Attorney Mayweather,
梅威瑟地方检察官
thank you for meeting with us on such short notice.
感谢您临时抽时间见我们
Oh, Esther, please.
别客气 叫我艾斯特
I am delighted to meet the man who delivered me Gene Devier.
能见到将吉恩·德维尔绳之以法的人我很荣幸
My pleasure.
过奖了
Professor Carr's a consultant at the FBI
卡尔教授是联调局的一名顾问
and she has been instrumental in developing a program...
她一直在帮助我们开发一个项目
I'm sorry. I have as long as it takes to finish this sandwich.
抱歉 我只有吃个三明治的时间
We have been interviewing extremely violent offenders.
我们一直在约谈极度暴力的罪犯
The worst of the worst.
坏蛋中的坏蛋
This involves establishing an element of trust
这需要我们和罪犯建立一定的信任关系
so that they offer information to us voluntarily.
他们才会自愿向我们提供信息
We try to be objective
我们尽量做到客观中立
because what they have to say is valuable.
因为他们的话非常有价值
But if they see that our techniques are being
但如果他们发现我们的方法
used to eradicate them, then...
被用来除去他们的 那...
Now how would your techniques be used for that?
你们的技术是如何被用于这种目的的呢
Agent Ford assembled a psychological sketch
福特探员依据调查结果
of Mr. Devier, based on research,
为德维尔先生做了心理侧写
which was used to secure a confession.
后被用于促使他认罪
So if he's convicted and executed, then...
如果他被定罪并处决 那么...
Honey, we don't kill criminals.
亲爱的 我们不杀罪犯
They kill themselves.
罪犯都是自杀
What does that mean?
什么意思
It's their behavior that puts them in that chair.
是他们的所作所为把自己逼上电椅
Actually, I think it's...
其实 我觉得是...
When I talk to a jury, I always ask, "Do you watch TV?"
我跟陪审团说话时 总会问"你们看电视吗"
Most of them do.
大多数人都看
I say, "Who watches the cop shows?"
再问"谁看罪案类节目"
Right there you know whether
这时候就能看出
you've got a smart jury or a stupid one.
当天的评审团是聪明还是愚蠢
So I say, "Forget TV,
然后我说"别管电视了
cause it'll never show you the experience of the victim."
因为电视从来不会演受害者的经历" '
No. "You will never hear the cries
不 "在《洛克福德档案》中
of a woman being raped on The Rockford Files.
你永远不会听到女性被强♥奸时的哭喊
You won't smell burning flesh
在《天堂执法者》中
from the cigarettes being put to her body
你不会闻到香烟被放在女性身体上时
on Hawaii Five O." I'm not arguing prosecution strategies.
血肉烧焦的味道 我不是在否定诉讼策略
I'm simply... And I'm not done talking.
我只是... 我还没说完
My point is that when you go from an abstract idea of murder
我的重点是 如果将目光从抽象的谋杀概念
to the visceral reality,
转移到真相本身
you can no longer be objective.
就无法那么客观了
Only when you feel the pain of those victims and their loved ones
只有切身感受到受害者和亲人的痛楚后
can you know the magnitude of the choice that killer made.
才能了解杀手的所作所为有多严重
And it's that choice that seals his fate.
就是这些行为注定了他的命运
There's no reason to kill people
如果我们有能力把人关起来
when we have the wherewithal to lock them up.
就没有理由杀掉他们
These people spend the
这些人的余生
rest of their lives in horrendous conditions,
都在恶劣的状况中度过
which likely reflect the environments in which they were raised.
这很可能反映了他们的成长环境
And I Maybe... I'm sorry.
而我... 也许... 抱歉打断你
But maybe instead of debating the pros and cons of...
也许先不说执行死刑的利与弊...
Yes, cut to the point.
对 说重点
Are you actually asking me to shoot lower than capital punishment
难道你真的要我提出比死刑轻的刑罚
so it won't reflect poorly on the FBI?
来保护联调局的声誉吗
Not the FBI, our work in Behavioral Science.
不是联调局 是我们行为科学部的研究
If it's compromised,
如果研究受到波及
I'm afraid we won't be able to achieve our ultimate goal,
我们可能会无法实现最终目标
which is to hopefully prevent
那就是尽可能地阻止
this type of crime from being committed.
此类罪行再次发生
I am asking you to consider
我想请您考虑一下
life without the possibility of parole.
无假释终身监禁
I'm an elected official.
我是经过选举的官员
Here in Georgia, death is the will of the people.
在佐治亚州 死刑才是民心所向
And if you don't want to be involved publicly,
如果你们不希望公开参与
then maybe you should keep yourselves out of the news.
那是不是应该避免上新闻呢
What did you expect?
你以为会是什么结果
A reasonable conversation.
我以为会好好讲道理
I don't know what I expected. I...
我也不知道我怎么想的 我...
I've spent months of my life and...
我投入了好几个月的精力
I had hoped that we could complete our research
我一直希望能够赶在出现这种情况之前
before seeing it used to this end.
就把研究做完
What difference would that make?
那又会有什么区别呢
I wouldn't have to be in meetings like the one we had.
我就不用来参加这样的见面了
So you could walk away clean?
难道你就能甩手走人 摆脱干系了吗
Come on, Wendy. You're smarter than that.
得了吧 温迪 你没这么天真
Evidently not.
事实证明我太天真
There's no way around the death penalty in death penalty states.
在允许死刑的州地区 没办法避免死刑
Which doesn't mean what we're doing is wrong.
这并不代表我们所做的事有错
It's so nice out.
外面很舒服
How was your trip?
你出差顺利吗
Hot. Sticky. Miserable.
很热 很黏 很惨
Georgia.
佐治亚州
Have you eaten? No.
你吃过了吗 没有
Great. You want to get something?
太好了 要去吃点什么吗
It's getting late, we should get going.
有点晚了 要去就尽快出发吧
No, I don't think so.
不 算了吧
Okay.
好
Are you still mad?
你还在生气吗
Are you...
你...
What exactly are you?
你到底怎么了
Must I be something?
我必须怎么了吗
These past couple days, I keep thinking about when we met.
过去这几天 我一直在回想我们的初见
You were so sweet.
你当时是那么温柔
And curious.
充满好奇心
I'm still...
我仍然...
curious.
充满好奇心
No.
不
You're different.
你变了
I am the exact same person that you reeled in with that jumpsuit.
我仍是当初那个被你一身连衣裤吸引的男人
I don't think that's true.
我觉得不是了
But I'm not the same either.
但我也变了
Where you going with this?
你说这些是想干什么
Just... thinking, talking.
只是在思考 聊天
Thinking about...?
思考什么
I don't know. You don't know?
我不知道 你不知道
I don't know.
我不知道
Jesus, Debbie. Come on.
天啊 黛比 别这样
You're so good at reading people...
你那么擅长解读别人
you tell me.
你说呢
Okay.
好吧
When I first got here, you didn't get up to greet me.
我刚到时 你没起身迎接我
And you didn't invite me inside,
没邀请我进去
but you won't come to dinner with me.
但也不愿和我一起去吃晚餐
You've been sitting here this whole time with your arms crossed,
你一直抱着胳膊坐在这里
which I know, from you, is a bad sign.
据我所知 你这么做不是好现象
You've been in a shitty mood the last ten times we've been together,
我们过去十次在一起 你心情都不好
and you're always starting arguments,
你总是挑起吵架
and you've been assessing me in a very negative light.
并且给我非常负面的评价
And in spite of your recent confusion about your degree,
虽然你最近对攻读学位感到困惑
you stay up late every single night doing homework,
但你仍每晚都熬夜做功课
leaving me to go to bed alone.
让我独自上床睡觉
When I first got here, you offered a sip of your wine,
我刚到时 你给我喝了一口你的酒
which could be construed as welcoming,
可以理解为你欢迎我的到来
but even though you knew I was coming from the airport,
但你明知我正从机场过来
you didn't bring an extra glass,
也没多准备一个杯子
and half the bottle is gone.
而且半瓶酒已经没了
Which means you're trying to take the edge off so that you can...
说明你想缓解压力 以便...
break up with me?
和我分手
Is that what I'm doing?
我是在做这件事吗
Let's not drag this out. I'll pick up my stuff next week.
不必拖延时间 我下周就来收拾东西
I'll let you know when I'm coming back,
我回来会提前告诉你
in case you don't want to be here.
免得你不想见到我
紧急情况尽快给我回电
Yes, ma'am.
是的 女士
No, we're trying. It's slow.
不 我们在努力 但进度很慢
Yes, indeed. You take this?
当然 你留的吗
California Medical Facility, Vacaville. How may I help you?
瓦卡维尔加州医疗中心 有什么可以帮您
I got a message to call a Dr... Bruxton.
我收到留言 要我给布鲁斯顿医生回电
One moment, please. Did you see who put this here?
请稍等 你看见是谁放在这的吗
I just got in myself.
我也刚到
ICU.
重症监护室
Hello, I'm trying to reach a Dr. Bruxton.
你好 我想找布鲁斯顿医生
I believe Dr. Bruxton is in surgery.
布鲁斯顿医生在做手术
Well... I have a message to return his...
我收到留言 要给他回电...
One moment.
请稍等
Dr. Bruxton isn't available right now.
布鲁斯顿医生现在没法接电话
I'm with the FBI, my name is Holden Ford.
我是联调局的 我叫霍尔登·福特
Oh, yes, he is expecting your call.
是的 他在等你的回电
Can you tell me what this is about?
请问是有什么事
Uh, you're listed as medical proxy to one of our patients.
你被我们的一位患者列为医疗代理人
I'm sorry, there must be some kind of mistake.
抱歉 你们肯定弄错了
I don't think so.
应该没有错
Edmund Kemper specifically named you as his proxy.
艾德蒙·坎伯明确地将你列为了代理人
At this point, though, he is out of danger.
但现在他已经脱离危险了
Danger?
危险
Mr. Kemper tried to take his own life last night.
昨晚坎伯先生试图自杀
Are you sure? Yes, sir.
你确定吗 是的 先生
That's impossible. I can't think that...
这不可能 我想不到...
Mr. Kemper came out of surgery at 4:30 a.m.
坎伯先生今日凌晨4:30做完的手术
He's doing well, he's in recovery.
手术做得不错 他正在恢复
Hello? Do you need anything else from me?
喂 还需要我做什么吗
No. The doctor will call if we need anything. Okay.
不用了 如果有需要医生会通知你 好的
It seems the Office of Professional Responsibility
职责调查部似乎找到了
has found continuing evidence
关于调查我们部门的
for their investigation into our unit.
更多证据
Continuing evidence"?
"更多证据" "
They've got the tape.
他们得到磁带了
How the hell'd they get that? I have no idea.
他们到底是怎么得到的 不知道
But you three have been called to meet with them as soon as possible.
但是你们三个已经被要求尽快去见他们
And since someone has taken the high road for us,
既然已经有人替我们选了正确的道路
I recommend we all go forward with total transparency.
我劝大家以后都别藏着掖着了
Is this you?
这是你干的吗 fuck you, Bill.
去你的 比尔
Please state your name.
请说出你的名字
Special Agent Holden Ford.
特别探员霍尔登·福特
In what capacity do you
你在联邦调查局
serve the Federal Bureau of Investigation?
做些什么工作
I work in the Behavioral Science Unit.
我在行为科学部工作
You and Special Agent William Tench
你和特别探员威廉·坦奇
recently interviewed an inmate named Richard Speck?
最近约谈了一个名叫理查德·斯派克的囚犯吗
That's right. Did you record the interview?
没错 谈话录音了吗
Yes. Which of you recorded the interview?
是的 你们谁录的音
I did.
我
You and Agent Tench interviewed several inmates
你和坦奇探员过去几个月
over the past few months.
约谈了数名囚犯
Did you record those, too? Yes.
也都录音了吗 是的
Who did the recording? I did.
谁负责录的音 我
For what purpose?
出于什么目的
Archival purposes, documentation.
留档 收集材料
Is this trying, Agent Ford? I'm sorry?
这很烦吗 福特探员 你说什么
Do you find this process trying?
你认为这道程序令人厌烦吗
I find it unnecessary.
我觉得没有必要
What did you do with the recording when you returned to Quantico?
你回到匡提科后是怎样处理录音记录的
I gave it to Agent smith to transcribe it.
我把它交给史密斯探员转录了
Did he transcribe it? Yes.
他转录了吗 是的
And did you look it over? Yes.
你看过了吗 看了
Did you then decide it should be redacted?
那时你就认为记录需要修改吗
Yes.
是的
Why did you decide that?
你为什么做出那个决定
I felt there was a section
我觉得有一部分录音
that might be deemed sensitive by other parties.
对其他方来说可能很敏感
Other parties" meaning whom?
"其他方"是指谁 "
Other people at the FBI.
联调局的其他人
And people at the LEAA, which provides our funding.
以及为我们提供资金的执管局的人
What section was this?
是哪部分
The section where I asked Speck why he took
我问斯派克为什么"除掉
Eight ripe cunts out of this world.
那8个淫♥娃♥荡♥妇"那一部分
You suddenly thought that might not go over well.
你突然觉得这话可能会产生不良效果
That's right.
没错
Did anyone influence your decision? No.
有人影响了你的决定吗 没有
Your partner, Agent Tench.
你的搭档 坦奇探员
Did he influence your decision?
他影响你的决定了吗
I made the decision on my own.
我自己做的决定
What happened once you decided this section was too sensitive
在你决定这部分出现在转录文本中会太敏感后
to appear in the transcript?
你做了什么
I asked Agent smith to take it out.
我让史密斯探员把它删掉了
Are you Agent smith's supervisor? No.
你是史密斯探员的主管吗 不是
Who knew about the redaction at this point?
此时此刻有谁知道修改的事
I knew, Agent smith, and Agent Tench.
我 史密斯探员 坦奇探员知道
When the three of you met with us to discuss Speck's complaint,
你们三个来和我们谈斯派克的投诉时
whose decision was it to bring us only the redacted transcript?
是谁决定只交给我们修改过的转录文本
It was my decision.
是我的决定
An unspoken agreement? Yes.
大家心照不宣吗 是的
Did you ask Agent smith to lie about erasing the tape?
你有没有要求史密斯探员隐瞒抹掉磁带一事
Not in so many words. What does that mean?
没明说 什么意思
I looked at him.
我就看着他
I asked him to lie with my eyes.
我用眼神请求他撒谎
Did the redaction become known to other people
后来行为科学部的其他人
in the Behavioral Science Unit?
也知道修改的事了吗
Is this amusing, Agent Ford?
这很好笑吗 福特探员
It might be, if it weren't so feeble.
要不是这么苍白无力的话 还挺好笑的
I beg your pardon?
你说什么
You think I don't know what you're doing
你们以为我不知道你们在做什么吗
with this principal's office bullshit?
跟我来校长办公室这一套
This is what I do with violent offenders, only much better.
这是我用来对付暴力罪犯的招数 但我做得更好
Agent Ford, you stand accused of lying to the FBI.
福特探员 你被指控欺骗联调局
Do you realize how serious that is?
你意识到这件事的严重性吗
You used your badge to
你利用职权
gain access to the California Medical Facility
在没有正式批准的情况下
without any official approval.
擅自进入加州医疗中心
To interview our first subject,
为了约谈我们的第一个犯人
Edmund Kemper, whose feedback launched our program.
艾德蒙·坎伯 是他的反馈启动了我们的项目
We're not concerned with what you consider your achievements.
我们关心的不是你的研究成果
We're concerned with your methods.
我们担忧的是你的方式
The language you used with Richard Speck in the unredacted interview
你在原谈话中对理查德·斯派克运用的措辞
reflects extremely poorly on the Bureau.
大大地影响了我局的声誉
How about calling him a shit stain?
那骂他人♥渣呢
You see what I mean. Agent Ford, listen to what we're telling you.
你懂我意思 福特探员 你给我听好了
Flashing your badge is one thing,
炫耀你的职务是一回事
suppression of evidence is serious.
隐藏证据却是很严重的事
You're developing a pattern of behavior that will not sustain you.
你再继续这种行为模式 会毁了你自己
I just got back from Georgia,
我刚从佐治亚州回来
where my behavior led to the arrest and confession
在那儿 我的行为帮助逮捕了
of a man who raped and murdered a 12 year old girl.
一个奸杀了12岁少女的男人 并令其认罪
Surely my partner told you about that.
我的搭档肯定跟你们说过了
Your partner also expressed
你的搭档也说了
reservations about the way you handle yourself.
对你的处事方式持保留态度
You're playing us off each other.
你在挑拨我们
He substantiates our concerns
我们对你作为联邦探员的行动方式
about your comportment as a federal agent.
有所担忧 他证实了这一点
We have that on tape. If you care to listen...
我们有录音 你如果想听... fuck this.
去他妈的
Agent Ford, If you leave, I can't help you.
福特探员 如果你离开 我就没法帮你了
I have to write a report on this interview.
我不得不写一份关于这次谈话的报告
It will go down on your permanent record.
这将永远记录在你的档案里
You're making a terrible mistake.
你正犯下一个严重的错误
The only mistake I made was ever doubting myself.
我唯一犯过的错误就是怀疑我自己
What'd you tell them, Bill?
你跟他们说了什么 比尔
I told them the truth.
我告诉了他们真相
Ladies and gentlemen, we will be landing shortly.
女士们先生们 飞机即将落地
加州萨克拉门托
Sign here.
在这签字
Thank you.
谢谢
Edmund Kemper?
艾德蒙·坎伯
Thank you.
谢谢
You came.
你来了
You made it hard not to.
你没给我什么选择余地
Well, I tried less dramatic methods.
我试过用温和一点的方式
Did you get my cards? Yes.
你收到我寄的卡片了吗 收到了
Maybe it's not surprising you respond to showmanship.
也许夸张的表演才能把你引来并不意外
Why do you want to see me, Ed?
你为什么想见我 艾德
I read an article about you.
我读到一篇关于你的文章
About us, I should say.
应该说是关于我们
The Atlanta Constitution?
《亚特兰大宪♥章报》
The story was picked up by the AP.
那篇报道被美♥联♥社刊登了
You said we were friends.
你说过我们是朋友
Yes. Are we friends, Holden?
没错 我们是朋友吗 霍尔登
In the context of our work together, sure.
在我们的合作背景下 是的
Our work together.
我们的合作
That's a nice way of putting it. I'd categorize it the same way.
这说法真动听 换我也会这样定位
And yet, our work is unfinished.
然而我们的研究还未结束
Okay. As I indicated in my letters.
好吧 如我在信上所说
You have more...
你有更多的...
insights?
见解
I do.
没错
Well, I'm not going to trot them out like some kind of show pony,
我不会随便把见解丢出来炫耀
especially when you've been talking about me in my absence,
尤其当你还一直在背后议论我
using what I tell you to legitimize yourself.
用我给你的信息证明自己有理
That story was not...
那篇报道并不...
I... had had a bit to drink.
我当时喝了点酒
What's this behavioral profiling you're touting?
你在吹嘘的行为侧写是什么
It's a way to determine a criminal's psychology
这是一种根据犯罪现场和人格特质
based on crime scenes and personal characteristics.
来决定罪犯心理的方式
I love that.
我真喜欢
What's my psychology?
我的心理特征是什么
I can't really tell you that.
我没法告诉你
You can't or you won't?
你没法还是不愿意
It's shoptalk, Ed. My favorite.
这是行业用语 艾德 我的最爱
We're still at an very early point in the research.
我们的研究仍处于早期阶段
Not so early that you can't babble about it in the press.
也不算太早期了 毕竟你都能向媒体吹嘘了
And you pretty much admit that I started you down this path.
而且你基本承认是我带你走上这条路的
So... I believe you owe me an explanation, Holden.
所以 我认为你欠我一个解释 霍尔登
You're what we'd call an organized killer.
我们将你归类为有组织的杀手
Because of the extreme planning that went into your crimes.
因为你犯罪前都会做好周密的计划
You practiced picking up women several times
你先练习了几次 让女生搭便车
before selecting your first victim.
然后才选择了你第一个受害人
You used your own vehicle
你用自己的车
both in the kidnapping and disposing of the bodies.
实施绑架和弃尸
You followed your crimes in the media,
你通过媒体关注自己的案件
which shows evidence of continued fantasy.
这证明你有持续的幻想
That's the gist.
大概就这样
You think you can boil me down to a single adjective?
你认为你用一个形容词就能总结我吗
Of course not. It's merely a way to sort characteristics.
当然不能 这只是把特征分类的一种方法
You're an expert now. No.
你现在成专家了 没有
Sounds like it. I am not an expert.
听起来就是 我不是专家
But you want to be, don't you?
但你想成为专家 不是吗
Yes.
是的
Human blood is very hot.
人血温度很高
On a cold, humid morning you can see it steam.
在潮湿阴冷的早晨 你能看到人血冒热气
What are you doing, Ed?
你在做什么 艾德
Someone left a ballpoint pen on my court file.
有人在我的法庭文件上落下了一支圆珠笔
I used the metal casing.
我用了笔的金属外壳
Is this what you wanted to see?
这是你想看的吗
Why would I want to see that?
我为什么会想看那个
Take a closer look.
凑近点看
That's okay. Really.
不用了 真的
You know, women were initially indifferent to me.
你知道吗 女人一开始都对我很冷漠
They weren't interested in sharing.
她们不愿意分享
My whole life, no one wanted to interact with me.
这辈子都没人想要和我互动
Not even our cats, when I was a kid.
即使我小时候家里养的猫也一样
The only way I could have those girls
我能拥有那些女孩的唯一方式
was to kill them, and it worked.
就是杀了她们 这也成功了
They became my spirit wives. They're still with me.
她们成了我精神上的妻子 她们仍与我同在
Funny thing in the ICU,
重症监护室有意思的是
there's no system to alert the guards.
没有通知警卫的警报系统
It's short sighted, seeing what kind of people come through.
这很短视 毕竟出入的人员复杂
I could kill you now, pretty easily.
我现在就能轻易杀了你
Do some interesting things before anyone showed up.
在有人来之前对你做些有趣的事
Then you'd be with me in spirit.
那你在精神上也会与我同在了
I invited you many times to visit,
我邀请你来看我很多次
but even with this, I never thought you'd actually come.
但即使是这一次 我也没料到你真的会来
Why are you here, Holden?
你为什么来这儿 霍尔登
I don't know.
我不知道
Well, now...
现在
that is the truth.
这才是真相
Are you all right? I can't breathe. I can't breathe.
你没事吧 我无法呼吸 我无法呼吸
Did you take anything? I don't know.
你吃了什么药吗 我不知道
Do you have any allergies? I don't know.
你有过敏吗 我不知道
I'm dying.
我快死了
You're not dying. You're in a hospital.
你不会死的 你在医院里
I'm trying to warn you,
我是想提醒你
your attitude is gonna bite you in the ass.
你的态度最后会让你自食恶果
You're developing a pattern
你再继续这种行为模式
of behavior that will not sustain you.
会毁了你自己
Not priceless gems you think you're mining.
并不是你所认为的你正挖掘的宝藏
Are we friends, Holden?
我们是朋友吗 霍尔登
Get a doctor here!
快叫医生
Who are you, the fucking thought police?
你以为你是谁 思想警察吗
Torture, mutilation.
折磨 毁尸
That is your world, and it has made you paranoid.
那是你的世界 也让你变得多疑