艾德坎伯令人着迷 心理研究终于得批
May I help you?
需要帮忙吗
Yes. Thank you.
需要 谢谢
I need some replacement electrical tape.
我想找点替换的绝缘胶带
Okay. You bring me the empty and I'll get you a new roll.
好吧 你把空的给我 我给你拿卷新的
Empty what?
空的什么
The cardboard core that's left when you run out of tape.
就是胶带用完后剩下的卷芯
What? Why?
什么 为什么
That's the way we do it.
这是惯例
I can't give you a new one until we get the old.
不给我用完的 我就不能给你新胶带
Are you kidding me?
你在开玩笑吗
No.
没有
Whatever, Dennis.
随便吧 丹尼斯
加州旧金山
This is your captain speaking. New York City to the Bay Area...
我是机长 从纽约飞往旧金山湾区...
Just, hey, do me a favor. Don't mention this to me ever again.
帮个忙 别再跟我提起这个了
I'm going to.
我还是会的
It's the insanest idea I've ever heard.
这是我听过最匪夷所思的主意了
I'm going to, Bill. We have a job to do.
我要说 比尔 我们有工作要做
We are here to teach. Chino, California Medical,
我们是来教书的 奇诺 加州医院
California Men's Colony, Norco, Soledad, San Quentin...
加州男子监狱 诺科 索莱达 圣昆廷
If you'd said to me,
如果你对我说
Bill, I want to become a Beach Boy, take up surfing,
"比尔 我想做个海滩男孩 冲冲浪 "
sit around smoking the vibes." Folsom.
无所事事感受那里的氛围" 福尔松
Or, "I want to make it in the movies.
或者说 "我想当电影明星
Gonna get me a walk up in West Hollywood and a Pekingese."
在西好莱坞买栋公寓 养只哈巴狗"
Manson is 30 miles away in Vacaville.
曼森就在48公里以外的瓦卡维尔
A hop, skip, and a jump.
想去还不容易
You really wanna meet Charlie Manson? Why not?
你真的想见查尔斯·曼森吗 为什么不
Sir. Just swing by and say hi.
先生 只是顺便路过打个招呼
Yeah.
是啊
Thank you.
谢谢
Nobody wants to hear about that crazy motherfucker.
没人想听那个疯子的事
You know this.
你知道的
Welcome to San Francisco. Please remain seated...
欢迎来到旧金山 请保持...
Besides, when are you gonna find time
再说了 你什么时候能挪出时间
for these fireside chats, Holden?
去闲聊 霍尔登
I'll figure it out.
我来安排
Nobody can talk to Manson.
没人能和曼森说上话
Tom Snyder's been trying to interview him for years.
汤姆·辛德想约谈他好几年了
We're the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
我们是联邦调查局的
What if his civil rights are being violated?
要是他的公民权利被侵犯了怎么办
Please just get in the car.
求你快上车吧
加州圣克鲁兹
In California every year, 35 percent of murders go unsolved.
加州每年有35%的谋杀案无法破案
That's more unsolved murders than in any other state.
比其它任何州都要多
It's partly due to geography.
一部分是因为地理原因
In the woods, in the mountains,
森林 大山
ravines, hiking trails... You can't get to Manson,
山沟 远足小径 就算你是联调局的
even if you're a fed.
也不能接触到曼森
CMF treats him like a fucking unicorn.
监狱的人把他当神兽一样供着
No one needs to think about
没人比圣克鲁兹的人
psychology more than the people in Santa Cruz.
更需要思考心理学问题
In a homicide situation...
在谋杀案中...
If you go to Vacaville, you definitely need to meet Ed Kemper.
如果你去瓦卡维尔 一定得去见艾德·坎伯
What happened that triggered him?
是什么引发了他的犯罪动机
Give me that name again.
再说一遍名字
Kemper. Ed Kemper.
坎伯 艾德·坎伯
They call him the "Coed Killer."
大家叫他"女学♥生杀手"
What about when even the killer
要是连凶手都不知道
doesn't know why he behaved as he did?
自己当时为何那样做呢
You can't miss the guy. He's like,
你不会找不到他的
six foot nine, 285 pounds.
他身高2米1 体重130公斤
Whoa. King size. Super king.
大个子 超级大
Violent murder used to be...
暴力的谋杀案过去...
Killed a bunch of coeds in Santa Cruz.
在圣克鲁兹杀了不少女学♥生
Six teenage girls, chops their heads off,
6个十几岁的女孩 被他砍了头
has sexual intercourse with the corpses.
还被奸了尸
Kills his mom with a claw hammer,
他还用羊角锤杀了自己的妈妈
has sexual intercourse with her head.
并和她的头性♥交
Bullshit. In her mouth.
胡说 用她的嘴
No. Yeah.
不是吧 真的
When strangers murder strangers for no apparent reason...
当人无缘无故杀害素昧平生的人...
He was in a mental institution right up until then too.
在那之前他一直被关在一间精神病院中
He's a total whack job.
他就是个彻头彻尾的疯子
He was murdering his grandparents at the age of 15,
他15岁时杀了自己的爷爷奶奶
but then he manages to convince
但后来他让大家相信
everyone that he's completely rehabilitated.
他已经恢复正常
Oh, my God.
天呐
In many of these crimes, the motives are not just obscure...
在很多凶杀案中 作案动机不仅不明...
Jim Conor knew him real well. I'll introduce you.
吉姆·康纳对他很了解 我来介绍你们认识
Really? Yeah.
真的吗 嗯
borderline unfathomable. Thank you.
...接近难以理解 谢谢 ...
陪审团休息室酒吧
Used to call him Big Ed. Everybody here knew him.
人们以前叫他大艾德 大家都认识他
Was he an informant?
他是个线人吗
No, but he was smart. He was funny.
不是 但他很聪明 也很幽默
He used to watch all the cop shows on TV.
电视上播的警♥匪片他都看
Crazy about Wambaugh and Police Story.
对万巴和《警察故事》特别着迷
He wanted to be CHP, but it didn't work out.
他想当加州公路巡警 但是没当成
He would joke that they could conceal his psychiatric record
他开玩笑说他们藏得了他的精神病史
but not his fat ass.
但藏不了他的大屁♥股
Stupid shit like that.
总说些这样的蠢话
Guys like him always want to be in uniform.
像他那样的人都想当警察
Losers. Losers are drawn to authority.
废柴 废柴都很崇尚权力
Nobody wants to admit it, but losers are useful.
没人愿意承认这点 但废柴都很有用
Why? They're nosy.
为什么 他们爱管闲事
They know what everybody else is up to.
他们知道其他人在干什么
And they're resentful, a lot of 'em.
很多废柴都很厌世
They always got a raw deal.
他们总是受到不公平的待遇
Ed was a busybody.
艾德喜欢管闲事
And this was before you knew about the killings?
这都是发现他杀人之前的看法吗
Oh, we knew about 'em, just hadn't connected them with him.
我们知道有人被杀 只是没有想到是他
He kept asking about them, though.
不过他总是问起她们
And you didn't suspect him?
你这样都没有怀疑过他吗
What?
干什么
What?" You liked the guy.
"干什么" 你喜欢那个家伙 "
Let's say he was a friendly nuisance. Oh, come on.
反正他是个友善的祸害 得了吧
He was hard not to like. So you were the arresting officer?
很难不喜欢他 所以是你逮捕他的吗
In the end, he lit out to Pueblo, Colorado,
最后 他逃到科罗拉多州的普韦布洛去了
expecting there to be some kind of manhunt.
以为会有人到那去追捕他
When nobody came,
结果没人来
he got sick of waiting and decided to turn himself in.
他等得不耐烦 然后决定自首
Called from a pay phone. Confessed!
用公用电♥话打来 认罪了
We thought he was bullshitting. I drove him all the way back.
我们以为他在胡扯 我一路开车载他回去
He wouldn't stop yakking. Going into forensic detail.
他喋喋不休 讲述作案细节
I thought I hit the jackpot.
我本以为我中头彩了
After a few hours, I'm like, "Oh, God, please. Enough!"
过了几个小时 我求饶"拜托 别说了"
You think Kemper would talk to us?
你觉得坎伯愿意和我们谈吗
Try stopping him.
只怕他停不下来
Who's "us," kemosabe?
"我们"是谁 朋友
David Berkowitz, 24.
大卫·伯科威茨 24岁
Spent his days sorting letters at the post office so he could...
白天在邮局分理信件 这样他就可以...
What?
怎么了
Really, what are you expecting to learn?
你指望能学到什么
A killer who can't stop talking? It's a gift.
一个口若悬河的杀手 这是天赐的礼物
A gift, huh?
礼物
He made a severed head perform fellatio on him.
他用一个断头给他口♥交
His third victim was a 15 year old child, Holden.
他的第三个受害者只有15岁 霍尔登
You don't want to talk?
你不想说话吗
So, basically, you just got me out here
所以你带我来
to carry your slide projector?
就是为了帮你拿幻灯机
To help with the workload, yeah. The work we're sanctioned to do.
帮我分担工作 是的 我们被批准做的工作
Kemper doesn't interest you or is beneath you somehow?
你对坎伯没兴趣还是你看不起他
A little of both.
两者都有吧
This is the man... Think the tie's too much?
这个人... 你说领带是不是太正式了
报导罗伯特·黑格尔纽约
What about the suit?
西装呢
Anybody finds out you're a fed, there'll be a riot.
要是有人看出你是联调局的 会发♥生♥暴♥动的
Shepard finds out you've been interviewing the Coed Killer
要是谢帕德发现你有在搞副项目
as a side project, he'll flip his shit.
约谈女学♥生杀手 他会抓狂的
It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
请求原谅比请求许可容易
Okay.
好吧
If you're gonna go in, you need to go in stone goddamn cold,
你如果要去 就得保持冷酷
take him by surprise, get the fuck out as quick as possible.
出其不意 速战速决
Good advice.
好建议
Straight in there, don't phone,
直接进去 别打电♥话
don't give them a chance to ask around.
别给他问东问西的机会
I'm a buddy of Jim Conor's.
我是吉姆·康纳的朋友
Jim Conor reached out," you bet. "He sends his regards."
"吉姆·康纳找到我" "他向你问好" "
I stopped by the Jury Room for a drink."
"我去陪审团休息室酒吧喝了一杯" "
The guys all say..." blah, blah, blah.
"大家都说..."什么什么的 "
Can I call you Big Ed?" I wouldn't mention the killings.
"我能叫你大艾德吗" 别提杀人的事 "
You're not there because he's a necrophile degenerate.
你去那不是因为他是恋尸变态狂
You're there because he's... fascinating.
你去是因为他很有趣
How do I not mention the killings?
怎么能做到不提杀人的事
Just take it slow.
总之慢慢来
What are you doing? Just in case.
你在干什么 以防万一
Holden, they're not gonna let you in with a sidearm.
他们不会让你带着手♥枪进去的
The guy is six foot nine, weighs 300 pounds.
他有2米1 130公斤
That's right. So what's he gonna do?
没错 所以他能做什么
He's gonna take the fucking thing away, kill you with it,
他会夺走你的枪 然后毙了你
and then have sex with your face.
再和你的脸做♥爱
加州 瓦卡维尔
加州精神病监狱
Hold it, guys.
停车
You're clear. I don't want to spoil your fun.
可以进去了 我不想打搅你玩乐
I'm good. Nine is fine.
没事 9点没问题
You could come. Take notes.
你可以跟我一起进去 记笔记
You take notes, I'll help you write 'em up.
你记笔记 我帮你写完整报告
You're really gonna go golfing
你真要在我收集女学♥生杀手
while I glean profound insights from the Coed Killer?
深刻见解的时候去打高尔夫吗
It's my day off. You're gonna be sorry.
今天我休假 你会后悔的
No. You're gonna be sorry, Holden,
不 会后悔的人是你 霍尔登
when he decides you're using him
当他断定你是在利用他
and there's nothing in it for good old Ed.
老好人艾德没有好处可得的时候
I think there is. What?
有的 是什么
He's going to be part of something
他可以参与到一件事里
instead of rotting inside a cell.
而不是在牢房里腐烂
Part of what? We're not even here.
参与什么 我们严格来说根本没来过这儿
All right.
好吧
I must respectfully ask for your badge and firearm.
我得请你交出微章和武器
Yes, sir.
好的
In addition, I have some paperwork for you to sign.
此外 你还得签署一些文件
A disclaimer that states in the event of your death,
一份免责声明 如果你在本监狱里
or if you're taken hostage, attacked, assaulted,
死亡 或者被劫持 袭击 殴打
or otherwise abused within the correctional facility,
亦或者被虐待
the United States government forswears any and all liability.
美国政♥府将没有任何责任
Oh. Okay.
好的
Kiss my ass!
去死吧
Hey, boy, bring that shit over here!
小子 过来
Bitch!
贱♥人
Can we unlock the...
能解开...
No, those stay on. They're regulation.
不行 必须戴着 这是规定
I think that's gonna be a little awkward.
这样可能会有点尴尬
You're FBI.
你是联调局的 你说了算
Okay. You're all set. Thanks, Jim.
好了 你可以过去了 谢了 吉姆
I'll see ya later. Later.
回见 回见
Holden, right?
你是霍尔登吧
Edward. Edmund.
艾德华 艾德蒙
Oh, I'm sorry. I assumed that it was... Are you tired?
抱歉 我默认是... 你很累吗
How could you tell?
怎么看出来的
It's a beautiful drive, but it's long.
一路风景是很美 不过距离很长
Edmund was my mom's idea, so you can call me Ed.
艾德蒙是我妈取的 你可以叫我艾德
Sure thing.
当然
So how can I help?
有什么可以帮到你的
Okay. Um...
好的
I'm an instructor
我是匡提科
working out of the Behavioral Science Unit at Quantico,
行为科学部的一个指导员
and I had this idea...
我有一个想法...
Have you had breakfast?
你吃早饭了吗
Can I get you something? You want a sandwich?
需要我给你买点什么吗 三明治
No, I'm okay. What kind of sandwich you like?
不用了 你喜欢哪种三明治
Um... I'm good. You want an egg salad sandwich?
不用了 你想吃鸡蛋沙拉三明治吗
I'm fine. Really. I'll get us an egg salad sandwich.
不用 真的 我去买个鸡蛋沙拉三明治
I can get almost anything you want from the canteen.
我在食堂几乎能买到任何你想吃的东西
Okay.
好
Do you have tuna? Oh, the egg salad's better.
有金枪鱼的吗 鸡蛋沙拉的更好吃
Hey, Jim? Yeah, Ed?
吉姆 什么事 艾德
Have you seen Mitch this morning?
你今早看到米奇了吗
You think you can find him for me?
你能帮我找找他吗
Good, huh? Mmm!
好吃吧 嗯
These guys are great.
这些人很好
I've been here five years. We just clicked right off the bat.
我来这里五年了 我们很快就成了朋友
You like the guards?
你喜欢这儿的警卫吗
Well, they like me. I'm polite.
他们喜欢我 我很礼貌
You know,
话说
I heard that you used to drink at the Jury Room.
听说你以前常去陪审团休息室酒吧喝酒
You mean in Santa Cruz?
你是说在圣克鲁兹的吗
Yeah, those are good guys.
对 他们人挺好的
I applied to California Highway Patrol.
我申请成为加州公路巡警
My mom spoke to the cops to get my psychiatric record expunged.
我妈让警察把我的精神病记录删掉
Turns out my record
后来才知道
didn't bother them at all, I was just too tall.
他们完全不介意我的记录 只是因为我太高了
Too tall? I've heard of being too short, but...
太高 我听说过有人因为太矮被拒 但是...
What?
什么
Nothing. It just seems...
没什么 只是似乎...
You think they lied to me?
你觉得他们骗了我
No.
没有
Well, cops like me because they can talk to me...
警察喜欢我是因为他们中的一些人
more than they can talk to their own wives, some of them.
比起自己老婆 跟我更容易交流
Really? What do you talk about?
是吗 你们都聊些什么
You know, books, movies.
书啊 电影啊
I watch all the cop shows on TV.
我看电视上的各种警察节目
Do you know, uh...
你知道
Joseph Wambaugh, Police Story? You ever watch that?
《警察故事》的乔瑟夫·万巴吗 有看过吗
Huge fan.
忠实观众
I got a lot of my insights right there.
我很多领悟就是从那节目里获得的
Really?
真的吗
What kind of insights?
什么样的领悟
Well, so, for example, with cops,
比如 同警察打交道
I would not allow myself to walk into a trap
我不会允许自己陷入圈套
because I knew exactly how their minds worked
因为通过看万巴的节目 我很清楚
from watching Wambaugh.
他们的思维是怎么运作的
What kind of trap are you talking about?
你指什么样的圈套
The classic is talking too much about the crimes.
最典型的就是一直谈论罪行
Over interest.
过度感兴趣
You have to remain casual.
你必须保持漫不经心
They tried everything to trick me. I'm too savvy.
他们尝尽各种方法给我下套 可我太机智了
I don't fucking talk, period.
我一句话也不说 就这么简单
Really? That's interesting.
是吗 有意思
So... you had this idea?
你刚说你有个想法
Yes. Uh, yes.
对 是的
It's kind of, uh...
类似...
Well, it's more of a research thing.
更像是研究
Research.
研究
Just a series of interviews,
就是做一系列的面谈
chatting with...
和你这样的人...
individuals not unlike yourself.
聊天
We're just talking?
我们只聊天吗
I don't get to go someplace, do a bunch of tests?
我没得去某个地方 做各种测试吗
No. Yeah, no tests. Just right here.
是的 没有测试 就在这儿
Why?
为什么
Well, because I believe it could be useful.
因为我相信这可能有用
Talking about what?
聊什么
Well, I don't know.
不知道
Your...
你的...
behavior, I guess.
行为吧
If you want to, that is.
当然前提是你愿意的话
We don't have to talk about anything at all
如果你不愿意
if you don't want to.
我们什么都不用聊
Why are you so tense?
你这么紧张干什么
You're tense, right now.
你现在很紧张
No, I'm not tense.
不 我不紧张
Well, I'll be honest, I don't get many visitors.
我就直说吧 我访客不多
When I do, you think they want to talk about this shit?
当有访客的时候 你觉得他们会想聊这些吗 fuck no.
当然不会
It's like if you worked at a slaughterhouse with livestock,
就像你以前在屠宰场当过屠夫一样
real conversation stopper.
这是对话终结者
Did you?
那你在屠宰场工作过吗
No, I'm just saying...
没有 我只是说
People who hunt other people for a vocation,
我们这些将猎捕他人作为天职的人
all we want to talk about is what it's like.
只想聊这是什么样的感觉
The shit that went down. The entire fucked upness of it.
出过的岔子 那些操蛋事儿
Right, sure.
当然了
It's not easy. Butchering people is hard work.
这不容易 屠宰一个人是繁重的工作
Physically and mentally. I don't think people realize.
身体上和心理上都是 人们意识不到
You need to vent.
你需要发泄
What are you writing down?
你在写什么
Oh, I just think it's an interesting choice of words, "vocation."
我觉得你的用词很有意思 "使命"
Well, what would you call it?
那你会怎么形容
A hobby? I'd say it's more than that.
兴趣 远不只是兴趣
Look at the consequences. The stakes are very high.
看看后果 风险非常高
Is this helping? Are you getting what you came for?
这有帮助吗 你得到你想要的了吗
I think. Good.
应该得到了 很好
Can I... Could I just ask you something?
我 我能问你个事吗
Do you believe that prison can help you?
你觉得监狱能帮助你吗
Are you kidding?
你开玩笑吗
You think you shouldn't be in prison?
你认为你不该进监狱吗
I think it's shutting the barn door
我觉得这就好比是
after the horse has bolted, somewhat.
亡羊补牢
What do you think the state should do with you instead?
那你觉得州政♥府该怎么处置你
Well, Holden, a lobotomy's not out of the question.
霍尔登 比如额叶切除手术
Lobotomy?
额叶切除手术
Like Frances Farmer.
就像弗朗西斯·法默那样
You remember Frances Farmer? No.
你记得弗朗西斯·法默吗 不记得
I loved Frances Farmer. She was an actress.
我很喜欢弗朗西斯·法默 她是个演员
They lobotomized her in the '50s.
他们在50年代对她实施了额叶切除手术
She was very smart and intense...
她很聪明 热情
very misunderstood. She was a lot like me.
受到很多误解 她跟我很像
You don't think you could benefit from psychiatry?
你觉得精神病学对你没帮助吗
I already did all that in the institution.
我在精神病院里的时候已经领教过了
It didn't take.
没用
For me, I think surgery might give me the best chance.
我觉得对我来说手术可能是最有希望的办法
And if surgery doesn't... take,
如果手术也没用
in this modern society,
在当今社会
what do we do with the Ed Kempers of the world?
我们该如何处置艾德·坎伯这种人
Well, isn't that your department?
这难道不是你该想的吗
From your perspective.
从你的角度来看
Death by torture?
折磨至死吧
So what are you not telling me?
你在对我隐瞒什么
Why do you keep looking at me like that?
为什么你一直那样看着我
Like what? Funny.
怎样看你 眼神古怪
You keep looking at me like I'm a specimen.
你一直像看标本一样看着我
Well, to be honest...
说实话...
It's just you seem like a nice, ordinary...
你看起来非常友善 普通...
It's difficult for me to
我很难把你
square you with what you're in prison for.
和你的罪行联♥系起来
Well, sure.
当然了
I was a regular guy most of my life,
我生活中大部分时间都是个普通人
with a nice home, nice suburb.
有一个美好的家 住在宜人的乡下
I had pets, I went to a good school.
我也养过宠物 上了不错的学校
I was a thoughtful, educated, well brought up young person.
我是个体贴 受过良好教育 有教养的年轻人
There's no question about it.
这点毫无疑问
But...
但...
at the same time...
与此同时...
I was living a vile, depraved, entirely parallel other life
我也过着另一种卑鄙邪恶的平行人生
filled with debased violence and mayhem, and fear, and death.
充满了暴力 混乱 恐惧和死亡
it certainly seems to me like you had your own unusual...
在我看来你显然有一套不寻常的...
An unusual MO. Oh, sure.
不寻常的作案手法 当然
Well, I was gonna say...
我本来想说的是...
signature.
特色
An oeuvre, if you will.
一套作品 可以这么说
You could study it.
你可以研究研究
You can spell oeuvre, can't you, Holden?
你会拼写"作品"的吧 霍尔登
You know, there's a lot more like me.
其实还有很多像我这样的人
Do you think so?
你这么认为吗
People that kill in sequence like you did?
像你这样依次杀人的人
Sequence? One right after another.
依次 一个接一个
At regular intervals.
规律的时间间隔
I've just been calling them...
我一直叫这种人
Sequence killers"...
"连续杀人犯" "
if you will.
可以这么说
How many would you say? Well...
你觉得有多少人 嗯...
it would be a guess,
只是猜测
but I'd say right now...
不过我觉得目前
North America, more than 35.
在北美有超过35个
Thirty five?
35个
But you're never gonna find them
但如果他们自己不想
if they don't want you to. Not even close.
你永远都找不到他们 连边都沾不到
That can't be right.
这不可能
Well, Holden, I'm not an expert. I'm not an authority.
霍尔登 我不是专家 也不是权威
I'm just an extremely accomplished murderer
我只是一个手段极其高超
who spent my adult life successfully evading capture...
一生都成功避开了警察的追捕
until I gave myself up because I despaired of ever being caught.
最后因为太想被抓到才自首的杀人犯而已
So take it or leave it.
信不信随你
What do you want from me?
你想从我这得到什么
I have no idea.
我不知道
His oeuvre?
他的作品全集
What the fuck? He's Stanley Kubrick?
搞什么 他以为他是斯坦利·库布里克吗
美国著名导演 制片人
He was extremely talkative.
他非常健谈
He likes talking to cops.
他喜欢跟警察聊天
He's lonely. He could do it all day.
他很孤独 他可以这么聊上一整天
He's not some frenzied thrill killer, Bill.
他不是什么狂暴的变态杀手 比尔
I think we need to face that.
我觉得我们得接受这件事
He chopped off women's heads and had sex with their corpses.
他砍女人的头 还奸尸
If that's not frenzied, I don't know what is.
如果那都不算狂暴那怎样才算
He is so articulate.
他的条理是那么清晰
He's meticulous and highly intelligent.
他非常细致 非常聪明
Yeah, he meticulously chose small,
是啊 他细致地选择了小个
young, female prey who couldn't fight back.
年轻的女性 因为她们无法反抗
Animal cunning.
像动物一样狡猾
He's self aware and objective.
他自我认知非常清楚 非常客观
Isn't that highly unusual?
这不是很不寻常吗
He's saying everything you want to hear,
他只是在说你想听到的而已
just like he did with the shrinks in the institution.
就像他对精神病院的医生所做的一样
He knew just enough to talk his way out, then went hunting.
他知道怎么说才能蒙混过关 之后就开始寻找猎物
Don't be stupid about this.
别犯傻了
What makes you so sure I'm being stupid?
你凭什么这么确定是我犯傻
I know these fuckers.
我了解这种混♥蛋
It's only a matter of time before he hits you up for privileges.
不用多久他就会向你提要求了
Next thing you know, he's complaining to the warden...
之后他就会向典狱长投诉...
Come with me next weekend.
下周末和我一起去吧
See for yourself. No, I'm not gonna do that.
亲眼看看 不 我不会去的
You're just going to play golf?
你就去打高尔夫吗
It helps me think clearly. You might want to try it.
那有助于我清晰地思考 你可以试试
Oh, yeah. Up a little.
好爽 上去一点
Over a little. Left. My left or your left?
进去一点 往左 你的左边还是我的左边
My left.
我的左边
This okay?
这样可以吗
It's fine. What's wrong?
可以 怎么了
You want a break? Why would I want a break?
你要休息一下吗 我为什么会想要休息
That's not how it works. All right.
这事不是这么来的 好吧
You want me to throw in something? Play with your nipples?
想让我再加些什么招吗 比如玩弄下你的乳♥头
Why? Move it along.
为什么 提提兴致
You're doing great. Just stop stopping. Okay.
你做得很好 别停下 好吧
He knows more about lust murder
他对淫乐杀人的了解
than the whole FBI Behavioral Science Unit.
比整个联调局行为科学部还多
We should put him on the payroll. Would the FBI ever do that?
我们真应该聘请他 联调局真会这么做吗
Doubtful.
深表怀疑
Everyone's freaked out that Berkowitz might sell his life story.
伯科威茨要出自传 把所有人都吓坏了
New York State is moving to make that sort of thing illegal.
纽约州正打算立法禁止这种事
It'd be awful for the families of the victims.
这对受害者的家人来说太糟糕了
What can I get you? Hi.
需要什么 你好
can I get two eggs over medium,
我要两个半熟煎蛋
home fried potatoes, and wheat toast with grape jelly?
自烤马铃薯和小麦吐司 加葡萄果冻
And for you?
你呢
I'll just have an Ed salad sandwich... A what?
我就要一个艾德沙拉三明治 什么
An egg salad sandwich. Thank you.
鸡蛋沙拉三明治 谢谢
Holden, you don't even like egg salad.
霍尔登 你根本就不喜欢鸡蛋沙拉
Thank you. Right. Um...
谢谢 也是...
I'll just have a Denver omelet.
给我来份丹佛煎蛋饼吧
You've got mention itis. You cannot stop mentioning him.
你真是停不下来了 老是提起他
Think of how much we can learn from a guy like Kemper.
想想我们能从坎伯那种人身上学到多少东西
He called it a vocation.
他把他的所为称作使命
Killing women? Yeah.
杀害女性吗 是的
Jesus. How do you wrap your mind around that?
老天爷 你是怎么理解的
Couldn't attract them.
无法吸引女性
Didn't have the social skills.
缺乏社交技巧
That would describe a lot of guys.
很多人都那样
Why does he hate women?
他为什么恨女性
I should ask.
我该问问他
But not outright. No?
别问得那么直白 为什么
He sounds like the kind of person
他像是那种
who would tell you what you wanna hear.
你想听什么他就说什么的人
You have to disarm him first. You mean, like...
你要先让他放松警惕 你是说 比如
What? Ask him questions about himself.
什么 问他一些关于他自己的问题
Lean into him, listen intently.
身体靠近他 仔细听
I do that. Keep your arms uncrossed.
我是那样做的 不要交叉双臂
Mirror his movements.
模仿他的一举一动
Encourage him to talk about the things he's excited about.
鼓励他说那些让他兴奋的事
Are these feminine wiles?
这些都是女性的伎俩吗
Cross your legs in his direction.
朝着他的方向把双腿交叉
Do you really do that? But don't touch him.
你真的会那样做吗 但别碰他
You want him to like you,
你要让他喜欢你
but you don't want him to think you're gonna fuck him.
但不要让他觉得你会睡他
Look at your face.
看看你的表情
Here's the thing.
是这样的
I spent five years as a brick agent
我当了五年的协助探员
and a couple of years at the academy.
又在学校待了几年
I'm squeaky clean.
我品行完美
I'm Eliot Ness. I'm...
我就像艾略特·尼斯 我...
美国上世纪三四十年代芝加哥著名的禁酒探员
You're Melvin Purvis, G MAN.
你就像联调局的梅尔文·珀维斯
捕获几大逃犯的知名联调局探员
Exactly.
正是
And back then, no skirt in the FBI.
那时候 联调局还没有女性
No women, just men.
没有女人 只有男人
Then I enroll in college,
然后我上大学了
and suddenly, I am Warren fucking Beatty.
突然之间 我成了沃伦·比蒂那样的人
好莱坞著名花♥花♥公♥子 演员导演编剧及制片人
Everything goes.
如鱼得水
You take sugar? No.
加糖吗 不用了
Cool. Milk? Thank you.
好 加牛奶 谢了
You got it, man.
不客气 兄弟
Suddenly it's disco and poppers,
突然间生活就被迪斯科 催情剂
and fern bars.
还有常绿酒吧围绕
I am up to my neck in chicks.
我每天忙着约妹子
Pussy, pussy, pussy. I hear that.
沉迷女色 我同意
It turns out chicks do really dig a guy with a badge.
事实证明妹子们确实对警察很着迷
Gas, grass, or ass. Nobody rides for free."
"不管是谁 没有免♥费的午餐" "
Next thing I know, I'm with a 24 year old that I met in a bar.
然后我和在酒吧遇到的一个24岁姑娘在一起了
No woman has ever been so into me in my entire life.
这辈子都没见过像她那样喜欢我的女人了
Don't brag. It's unbecoming.
别炫耀了 这样不得体