Don't you ever stick up for yourself? I stick up for myself.
你从不为自己说话吗 我为自己说话了
I'm sorry, I didn't hear you doing that in there.
抱歉 我刚刚可没听见你说什么
I didn't hear him say anything in there.
我没听到他刚刚说过任何话
I stand my ground. I'm no pussy.
我守住了立场 我可不是怂包
I'm not saying you're a pussy, per say.
我没说你怂
I'm saying, why do you stand there and take it?
我是说 你为什么就站在那儿受着
You don't know what you're talking about.
你根本不知道你在说什么
You ever cuss her out?
你骂过她吗
I give as good as I get. What does that mean?
我也挺能还击的 那是什么意思
You ever been in a fight? Maybe.
你打过架吗 或许吧
But not with Mom, right?
但不是跟你妈 是吧
Mom's different. You only have one mom.
妈妈可不一样 你只有一个妈妈
Never laid a finger on her. Didn't raise a hand to her, of course not.
从未碰过她 你都没对她动过粗 当然没了
You raise a hand to your mom, it all goes to shit, right?
你要是敢动你妈 那就完蛋了 是吧
You ever lost control?
你失控过吗
Not with her, leastways. "Not with her"?
至少没对她 "没对她"
Makes sense, you need to let off steam, show her who's boss.
也难怪 你总得发泄一下 让她知道谁最厉害
You'd never hurt your old lady... but...
你绝不会伤害你妈妈
You'd never hurt her because she loves you.
你绝不会伤害她 因为她爱你
Florin residents can rest easier tonight.
弗罗林居民今晚可以安心了
Sacramento Police have arrested 30 year old Dwight Taylor
萨克拉门托警方已逮捕了30岁的德怀特·泰勒
in connection with a recent pair of sadistic assaults.
他涉嫌犯下了最近的两起虐待性袭击
Police say Taylor, himself a resident of the sleepy suburb,
警方称泰勒是平静郊区的一名居民
beat Rosemary Gonzales, 74, into a coma,
将74岁的罗斯玛丽·冈萨雷斯打到陷入昏迷
and stabbed to death Laura Conway, 64.
还将64岁的劳拉·康威捅死
The victims lived less than a mile apart.
两位被害人的家相隔不到1.6公里
In a disturbing twist,
令人不安的转折是
after viciously attacking his elderly victims...
凶残地袭击了两位年长的被害人后
All right, all right, all right.
好了
Listen, everybody in this room
听着 这房间里的每个人
remembers when they were a little kid,
都记得他们小时候
when they figured out they wanted to be a cop.
最初意识到自己想做警察的时候
I knew I wanted to be a detective in the third grade
我三年级时就想做警探了
when I read A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
起因是读了亚瑟·柯南道尔爵士的《血字的研究》
Well, this guy right here?
但这人
He's the modern day Sherlock Holmes. Absolutely!
他就是当代夏洛克·福尔摩斯 没错
And that makes you Dr. Watson.
所以你是华生医生了
Thank you.
谢谢
No shit.
不含糊
Either that or you guys are psychic.
要么就是你俩是灵媒
Hey, don't laugh. There's a lot of psychics in California
别笑 加州有好多灵媒呢
and they all want to be cops. Yeah!
他们都想扮警察 嗯
All the cops want to be feds, all the feds want to be...
警察都想当联邦探员 联邦探员想做...
I don't know what.
我不知道了
He's gonna make a speech. Inform us, oh, wise one.
他要讲话了 启迪我们吧 智者
Speech!
讲话
Thank you. Speech!
谢谢 讲话
I just wanted to say thank you for having this get together.
我想说 感谢大家这样聚聚
And Roy, thank you for acknowledging
罗伊 谢谢你能认可
what my partner Bill and I are doing.
我和搭档比尔在做的事
And for embracing that, if we all work together,
还有接受一个事实 那就是如果我们齐心协力
we can venture into the blackest night
就能走进最黑暗的夜晚
and shine a light on the darkness.
在黑暗中投下一束光
I'm talking about real darkness.
我是指真正的黑暗
And thanks for the beer.
也谢谢你们的酒
We were happy to help.
我们很乐意帮忙
Congratulations, guys.
恭喜 各位
Good work.
干得好
If only you could shine a light on the darkness,
你要是真能照亮黑暗就好了
you could illuminate my keys.
照照我的钥匙
Very, very funny.
真逗
Dynamite!
炸♥药
Okay. You got us.
好吧 被你们整到了
Good job.
好样的
Yeah, I wanted to hear how you're doing. That's all.
我就是想问问你怎么样了而已
His teacher?
他的老师
I'm sorry to hear that.
我很遗憾
No, I don't think we'll be back in time.
不 我们赶不回去的
So...
那么
Okay. I just wanted to hear your voice.
好吧 我就想听听你的声音
Give him a kiss from Dad.
替爸爸亲亲他
Love you too.
我也爱你
I'm sorry, Ed,
抱歉 艾德
do you mean that violence in the movies
你是说 电影里的暴力
drove you to kill those women?
驱使你杀了那些女人吗
No.
不是
My point is, in reality, it doesn't work the way you expect.
我是说 现实并不如你预料的那般
When you stab somebody, they're supposed to fall dead.
你捅了一个人 按说那人该倒下 死掉
They go, "Oh..."
那人会哽咽
And they fall dead, right? Right.
然后倒下死掉 是吧 嗯
In reality, when you stab somebody, they lose blood pressure
但实际上 当你捅了一个人 那人会血压骤降
and they leak to death very slowly.
然后慢慢流血致死
So I was reluctant, I didn't enjoy it.
所以我很不满足 我不觉得开心
Did you get that on tape?
你录下来了吗
Yeah.
嗯
You know, it all really goes back
这一切的根源
to my perceived inability to communicate
其实是人们认为我无法沟通
socially, sexually.
在社会层面 和性层面上
I was scared to death of failing in male female relationships,
我很怕在男女关系中失败
even sitting down to talk to a young lady.
哪怕是坐下跟一位年轻女士交谈
I wanted to communicate.
我想沟通
Ironically enough, that's why I began picking people up.
讽刺的是 我正是因此开始拉搭车的
I pick a girl up
我会拉个搭车的女孩
and I'm going a little further each time.
每次都更进一步
It's a daring kind of a thing.
算是试试自己敢不敢
Like, first, there wasn't a gun.
比如 起初 我没拿枪
Then I'm driving along,
然后我开着车
we go to a vulnerable place where there aren't people watching,
去个容易作案的地方 没有人烟
but I say, "No, I can't."
但我说 "不 我不能这么做"
So you picked up women but didn't kill them?
你会拉搭车的女人 但不杀她们
But then, a gun is in the car,
然后 车里带了枪
and this craving,
我有种渴望
this awful raging, eating feeling is inside me.
我内心有种狂野的侵蚀感
I would've loved to have just raped them,
我很想只强♥奸她们
but not having any experience at all,
但我又没有经验
I could feel it consuming my insides, this fantastic passion.
我能感觉到那种美妙的激♥情在侵蚀我的内心
Fantastic passion?
美妙的激♥情
It's a good phrase, no? Then what happens?
这句话不错吧 后来呢
You know, I'm thinking of writing my own book.
我在考虑自己写书
I've been trying to get a typewriter. Maybe help me with that?
我一直想要台打字机 能不能帮帮忙
I'm sure we could pull some strings.
我相信我们能想办法的
Then it builds, the feeling?
然后这情绪越来越高涨吗
At some point, you begin to...
到后来 你开始
enjoy the thrill. Look...
享受那种快♥感 听着
when you slit a person's throat,
如果你割破一个人的喉咙
you need to cut it from ear to ear
你得从一只耳朵割到另一只
in order to sever the windpipe and the jugular
这样才能切断气管和颈静脉
so that they bleed and suffocate at the same time.
这样那人会同时流血又窒息
Otherwise, they'll just be in a great deal of pain.
否则 那人会非常痛苦
That's how I learnt the term "ear to ear,"
我就是这样知道"咧嘴"这个说法
literally, what that meant.
不是比喻 而是真实的含义
People think it's just an expression.
人们以为那只是个说法
It's not, it's an instruction.
不是的 是指导
You don't want to. You have to.
你不想 但必须那么做
So there's no pleasure, Ed?
那么没有快♥感吗 艾德
Sure there is.
当然有
I just wanted the exaltation over the party.
我只是想要那种兴奋感
In other words, winning over death.
也就是说 战胜死亡
They were dead and I was alive. That was the pleasure.
他们死了 而我活着 这才是乐趣所在
I was the hunter, they were my victims.
我是猎人 他们是我的受害人
So how did you feel after your first kills?
你最初杀人后有什么感觉
I liked Mary the best.
我最喜欢玛丽
I was lukewarm on Anita.
我对安妮塔很冷淡
What was wrong with her?
她怎么了
Oh, nothing in particular.
也没什么特别的
It was more that Mary was...
就是玛丽...
I was really quite struck by her personality and her looks,
我很被她的个性和样貌所触动
and there was just almost a reverence there.
几乎有种崇敬
Reverence? Sure.
崇敬 是的
Sometimes, afterward, I visited there to be near her
事后 我有时会重返那里 好接近她
because I loved her and wanted her.
因为我爱她 想要她
At the murder site?
去杀人现场吗
I've never been much to look at myself,
我从来都不是个帅哥
but I've always gone after the pretty girls.
但我总喜欢追求美女
I bet you're the same.
你肯定也是吧
Sure.
当然
You probably can't imagine this,
你大概无法想象
but since I was locked up from age 15 to 21
但由于我15到21岁都因
for the murder of my grandparents,
杀害我祖父母被关着
I was very much out of touch with women my own age.
我根本接触不到与自己同龄的女人
When I got back on the street,
我回到社会中后
it was like being on a strange planet.
感觉就像来到了异世界
I had been living with people older than I was for so long,
我跟比我年长的人一起住了那么久
I was like an old fogy.
我就像个老头
That must have been jarring.
那肯定很让人受冲击
You know, when I confessed to the police,
我向警方认罪时
they drove me through California
他们带我驱车穿过加州
and we stopped by a diner for some food.
我们在一家餐馆停下来吃饭
Some attractive young ladies walked by the car.
几个美丽的年轻女人从车边走过
I vomited.
我吐了
Right there and then, on the police car,
就当场吐在了警车里
in front of all the cops.
当着那些警察
Quite violently.
吐得很厉害
That was just how I reacted to women.
我对女人就是这样的反应
I had no other way.
我没别的办法
Let me ask you something.
我问你个问题
Ever talk with anyone about this?
你跟人说起过这些吗
About your inclinations?
你的偏好
Your mom... maybe?
比如你妈妈
Obviously, not the way you're talking to us.
当然了 不会像是跟我们这样说
If I could get a word in edgewise,
如果我能说一句
everything would have been different.
那一切都会不同了
From the moment I woke up in the morning,
从我早上一醒来
she was demeaning and belittling.
她就贬低辱骂我
And she knew all of my buttons
她清楚该怎么激怒我
because she put them there.
因为那都是她埋下的祸根
I was her toy all my life,
我这辈子一直是她的玩具
right up until the moment I cut off her head with a hunting knife.
直到我拿猎刀砍下她脑袋的那一刻
Ed...
艾德
why did you do what you did...
你为什么做了那种事
with her head?
我是指对她的头
Why does anyone?
为什么任何人会那么做
You know, that night I walked up to her bed.
那晚 我走到她床边
She's laying there reading a paperback,
她躺在床上 读着一本平装书
as many thousands of nights before.
就像此前数千个晚上那样
She says, "Oh, I suppose
她说 "那么
you're gonna want to wait up all night and talk now."
你是想整宿不睡 说话咯"
Can you believe that?
你能相信吗
Wait up all night talking."
"整宿不睡 说话" "
Shit.
该死
And I knew I was gonna kill her...
我就知道我要杀了她
you know?
懂吗
I was honest with myself for the first time.
我第一次坦诚面对自己了
Because I'm not a lizard,
因为我不是只蜥蜴
I'm not from under a rock, I came out of her vagina.
不是石头缝里钻出来的 我是从她阴♥道爬出来的
I came out of my mother.
我从我妈妈体内钻出来的
Is it true that you put part of her into the garbage disposal?
你真的把她的一部分肢体丢进了垃圾处理器里吗
Her vocal cords.
她的声带
Why?
为什么
Because I couldn't shut her up.
因为我无法让她闭嘴
She wanted to destroy me with words, literally.
她想用语言摧毁我 真的是这样
So I shut her up for good.
所以我让她永远闭嘴了
And now, everyone knows it was because of what she did to me,
现在 大家都知道那是因为她对我做的事
because of the way she treated her son.
因为她对待儿子的方式
Pizza!
披萨
You guys.
你们啊
Okay. So you get out of the car...
好了 那么你下了车
I just walk into the apartment building. Anyone around?
我走进了公寓楼 旁边有人吗
So, I'm home,
我回了家
walking up the stairs to our apartment
走上通往我们公寓的楼梯
with a freshly severed head draining
拿着一颗刚砍下的头
about a pint of blood into a duffel bag.
在往一个背包里滴着血
You just got it under your arm? Just like that?
你就那么明晃晃地夹在胳膊下面
Go ahead. Take another slice. Thank you.
来吧 再拿一块吧 谢谢
Then comes this picture postcard,
然后看到一对明信片一般
groovy, happy young couple on the stairs.
时髦幸福的年轻夫妇 站在楼梯上
They walk right past me. Your two worlds are colliding...
他们跟我擦肩而过 你的两个世界相撞了
My murderous fantasy life and this.
我的谋杀幻想生活 和这个
Pretty girl. Pretty name. Kim or something.
美丽的姑娘 名字也好听 好像是金
Going out on a date with her boyfriend.
正要跟她男朋友去约会
And it could just as easily be Kim's head in that bag.
那包里也可能是金的脑袋
You're playing God. Exactly.
你在扮演上帝 没错
And I realized I've never been on a date in my entire life, ever.
我意识到 我这辈子从来没约会过
And I got in the door and I said to Mom,
我走进门里 对妈妈说
I've never been on a date with a girl, Mom."
"我从未跟女孩约过会 妈妈" "
And what did she say? "Thank God."
她怎么说的 "谢天谢地"
Can you believe that? What a bitch.
能相信吗 真贱
That's when I started burying the heads in the backyard.
于是我开始把头埋在后院里
Sure. Right underneath Mom's bedroom window.
嗯 就在妈妈卧室窗下
Their faces looking right up at her window while she was at home.
她在家时 他们的脸正对着她的窗户
Right under her nose, man. I couldn't help myself.
就在她眼皮下 我忍不住
What the fuck?
搞什么
I know it's silly, but Mom always liked people to look up to her.
我知道挺傻 但妈妈一直喜欢人们仰视她
I still smell like Kemper.
我身上还一股坎伯的味儿
Or maybe it's just CMF.
也可能是监狱的味儿
It did smell pretty bad, like a locker room.
那味儿的确挺难闻 像更衣室
Gonna make me lose my appetite.
你要害我没胃口了
So...
那么
you like your mom?
你喜欢你妈妈吗
Sorry. Not funny.
抱歉 不好笑
Yeah. I liked my mom.
嗯 我喜欢我妈妈
But she's not around anymore.
但她已经不在了
You like your wife?
你喜欢你妻子吗
Yes, I do. That's good.
是的 那就好
I've known her all my life. I'm not sure what I'd do without her.
我认识她一辈子了 没了她我会不知所措
How about that girlfriend? Yeah.
你女朋友呢 嗯
She's great. smart.
她很棒 很聪明
I think she actually likes me.
我觉得她真喜欢我
Sounds like we got it made.
听起来我们都混得不错
It feels good, doesn't it?
感觉很棒 是吧
To fly home having got the bad guy, just like in the movies.
抓到了坏人 飞回家 就像电影里那样
Yeah. It feels good that Dwight's off the street.
是啊 德怀特不在街上晃悠了 感觉很棒
But Kemper has a way of tempering that.
但坎伯却能让人不安起来
He makes you sick to your stomach, doesn't he?
他让你难受得要命 是吧
Yes.
是啊
More than Dwight?
比德怀特更甚吗
There's nothing behind Kemper's eyes.
坎伯眼睛后面空无一物
It's like standing near a black hole.
就好像站在黑洞旁边
Right. And he thinks we're his friends.
嗯 而且他以为我们是他的朋友
Well, he thinks you're his friend.
好吧 他觉得你是他的朋友
Which makes you a pretty great FBI agent.
说明你是个厉害的联调局探员
I've been thinking about our conversation with Dr. Carr.
我一直在想我们跟卡尔博士的对话
You have?
是吗
We're good at this shit,
我们擅长这个
even if it turns my stomach.
哪怕这让我反胃
If we're gonna take a backseat to everything new,
如果我们面对新事物 有趣的事物
everything interesting...
总是消极回避...
Yeah.
是啊
If she really thinks the idea is that good,
如果她真觉得这是个好点子
that it has that much potential to change people's lives...
有很大的潜力改变人们的生活
Yeah? ...maybe we should invite her down.
嗯 或许我们该请她来
Just for a day, to strategize.
就一天 制定计划
I think that's a fantastic idea.
我觉得这主意很棒
At least we could compile what we have so far
至少我们可以整理下目前收集的信息
and create a plan so if we want to talk to Shepard...
制定个计划 这样如果我们想去找谢帕德
So we can be prepared.
也能有所准备
It's a long shot.
希望不大
He hates you already.
他已经看你不爽了
He's beginning to hate you, too.
他也开始看你不爽了
Right.
是啊
So why half ass it?
何不让他烦到底呢
Dwight would have kept doing it, just like Kemper,
德怀特本会继续做下去的 就像坎伯
until he finally made his way to the source.
直到他终于敢去面对根源
It's kind of prosaic that it's always the mother.
根源总是母亲 挺乏味的
It was the mother, but in a very different way.
的确都是母亲 但方式很不同
More...
要有更多
love.
爱
If you can even call it that.
如果能那么说的话
Was she hot?
她性感吗
Who? His mom?
谁 他妈妈
Guys in my high school thought my mom was hot
高中的男生就觉得我妈性感
and it always really disgusted me.
这一直让我反胃
But then she went through chemo
但后来她做了化疗
and nobody made jokes about her anymore
再也没人拿她开玩笑了
and it kind of made me sad.
又让我觉得难过
I didn't know your mom had cancer.
我不知道你妈妈得过癌症
That's why I'm always asking you to grab my boobs
所以我们上床时我总让你
when we're fucking.
抓我的胸
Make you check for cancerous lumps. Oh, is that why?
让你检查我有没有肿块 是因为这个啊
I can't let these guys rub off on me.
我不能让这些人影响我
The way they view sex. And women.
他们看待性的方式 还有女人
Thanks for coming.
谢谢你来
I needed to see you.
我需要见你
And now that I'm all clean...
现在我洗干净了
If going down on me
如果我修指甲时
while I'm filing my nails is your idea of being kinky...
给我舔是你所认为的重口
I'm kinky.
我挺重口的
I'm very kinky.
我非常重口
I could impale you with this nail file.
我可以用在指甲锉刺穿了你
Then I could be a part of your case study.
然后我就可以成为你的研究案例之一了
You would be a very compelling interviewee.
你会是个令人着迷的谈话对象
Hey, Kenneth, can I ask you something?
肯尼斯 能问你个问题吗
Oh, sure. What's on your mind?
说吧 什么事
I've, uh, done a bit of thinking about
我思考了一下
some of the things that we're teaching.
我们在教授的一些东西
In particular, the list of deviant terminology.
尤其是 越轨术语清单
The cuss words?
粗口吗
Right. Well, I was thinking more the...
是的 我其实想的是
descriptors of the acts.
对行为的描述语
You know, fellatio, cunnilingus...
比如 口♥交 舔♥阴
Okay, what exactly is the issue?
好吧 问题是什么
Well, that's just it, Ken. I don't have an issue.
就是这样 肯 我没有问题
I really don't know that they are deviant.
我不能确定这算不算越轨
anal violation?
鸡♥奸
Well, no, not that one.
好吧 那个不算
Have you talked to Bill about this? Oh, sure.
你跟比尔谈过吗 是的
Bill agrees with me.
比尔也同意的
And you think we should alter the curriculum?
你觉得我们该修改课程
Just... take a look at the list.
就...看看清单吧
Think about it, okay?
考虑一下 好吗
fuckhead? You can keep that.
蠢货 留着吧
fuckbag?白♥痴
That, too.
也留着
And we're keeping "gang bang"?
那"轮♥奸"也留着吗
What's right is right.
对的就是对的
Klismaphilia?
灌肠控
Klisma... what?
什么
Enemas. Either giving or having.
灌肠 给人灌 或被灌
That can stay.
留着吧
And we're losing "pussy," "dildo,"
去掉"逼" "假阳♥具"
fellatio," "cunnilingus."
"口♥交" "舔♥阴" "
Are you sure about this?
你确定吗
Yes.
是的
Thank you, Marge.
谢谢 玛姬
It's for the best.
这样最好
All right.
好吧
So, you and Dr. Carr go back?
你和卡尔博士很有交情吗
I consulted her on a few cases here and there.
我时不时地跟她咨询过几个案子
We go back a few years. Why do you ask?
我们有几年的交情 问这干什么
Just curious.
就是好奇
No.
没有
No? You know what I mean.
没有 你明白的
I didn't mean to imply... I enjoy being married, thank you.
我没那个意思 我喜欢我的婚姻 谢谢
I didn't mean...
我没那个...
Just... Wendy has something.
就是 温迪有种特质
Not sexual.
不是性方面的
Maybe a little sexual.
或许有点性方面的
But her ideas and her energy, she... I sound like an idiot.
但她的想法 她的精神 我听上去好傻
You sound like you have a crush on teacher.
你听上去像是爱上老师了
It's just someone like her embracing this project says something.
就是她那样的人如此认可这个项目很能说明问题
Don't you think? I get it.
你不觉得吗 我懂
Old Man Tench jumps onboard, so what?
老坦奇接受了又如何
Grumpy old Shepard, who cares?
还有暴脾气的谢泼德 谁在乎呢
But the foxy professor... That's not fair.
但那位性感教授 这么说不公平
That's her.
她来了
Dr. Carr. Agent Ford.
卡尔博士 福特探员
Welcome to Quantico. Thank you.
欢迎来匡提科 谢谢
How was your trip?
路上顺利吗
It was a little dull to be honest. I was grading papers, but...
老实说 挺无聊的 我批作业来着
We can stop at the cafeteria for a coffee if you like.
如果你想 我们可以去餐厅喝杯咖啡
No, I'm fine. I had some this morning.
不了 我今早喝过了
We're just this way.
这边来
So what are you teaching?
你教什么
I'm teaching a class on the intersection of sociopathy and fame.
我教的课是反社会和名望的交集
People like, um... Andy Warhol, Jim Morrison.
比如 安迪·沃霍尔 吉姆·莫里森等人
Their celebrity becomes the only thing
他们的名声成了他们
they need to sustain their ego.
维持自大唯一所需的
Nixon was a sociopath. Very similar.
尼克松就是反社会 很类似
How do you get to be president of the United States
如果他是反社会 怎么当上
if you're a sociopath?
美国总统的
The question is,
问题是
how do you get to be president of the United States
如果不是反社会 怎么可能当上
if you're not?
美国总统
That's why this work is so vital.
所以这项工作如此重要
It goes so much further than the FBI.
因为它的影响面远超联调局
All the way to the White House. Perhaps, yeah.
能波及到白宫 或许吧 嗯