90年代是衍生剧的黄金年代
Ah, the '90s The decade of the TV spin-off.
《大力士的传奇旅行》衍生出了《战士公主西娜》
"Hercules" Gave us "Xena."
《吸血鬼猎人巴菲》衍生出了《天使》
"Buffy" Gave us "Angel."
《黄金女郎》衍生出了...
And "The Golden Girls" Gave us...
一个同样的节目 只是少了碧·亚瑟
the exact same show without Bea Arthur.
80年代是我的年代 我的故事 我的光辉岁月
The '80s were my decade, my story, my glory days.
不过对莱妮·刘易斯来说就不一样了
But that wasn't the case for Lainey Lewis.
那时候 我和巴里·戈德堡的感情是一段传奇
Back then, my romance with Barry Goldberg was legendary,
但最后 我们注定走不到一起
but in the end, it wasn't meant to be.
是的 我的故事才刚刚开始
Yep, my story was just beginning.
我渴望离开我们的小镇
I was driven to leave our small town,
成为世界上最伟大的摇滚明星
destined to become the biggest rock star in the world.
你好 奥斯汀[也是城市名]
Hello, Austin!
弗莱彻的八岁生日派对
...Fletcher's eighth birthday party.
你是个大男孩了 奥斯汀
You're a big boy now, Austin.
和大多数人的音乐事业一样 我也是从低处开始的
Like most music careers, mine started at the bottom.
不过我也和大人物有过交道
But I did have some brushes with greatness.
*我想要我的猪肋排* *辣椒猪肋排*
* I want my baby back * * Chili's baby back ribs *
*烧烤酱*
* Barbecue sauce *
这次只要男生唱
Now, uh, let's hear it with just the guys.
*我想要我的猪肋排*
* I want my baby back...*
但多年来的差一口气
But years of coming up short
满足不了我的摇滚梦
couldn't satisfy my rock 'n' roll dreams.
或者我债台高筑 焦虑不安的老爸
Or my mounting debt and anxious dad.
我不得不面对现实 去找份正经工作
I had to face reality and find a real job.
你得面对现实 找份正经工作
You need to face reality and find a real job!
是 爸爸 我很清楚
Yes, Daddy. I'm well aware.
然后 在90年代网络科技的帮助下
And then, with the help of '90s Internet technology,
完美的缓冲工作 我所有问题的答案
the perfect fallback job, the answer to all my problems
出现在我的眼前
appeared before my eyes.
招聘 音乐老师
威廉·佩恩学院
我身体的每一部分都在说"是的"
Every fiber of my being pointed to "Yes."
不
No.
可我会是个很棒的合唱老师的
But I'd be a great choral teacher.
我爱音乐
I love music.
我多半和小孩很合得来
I work well with children probably.
唯一的缺点是你没有经验
The only drawback is that you have no experience
或者相关知识或者推荐人
or knowledge or references.
实际上 我有一个推荐人
Actually, I do have one reference.
这可不够
That's not nearly enough.
你好 约翰森
Hello, Jonathan.
我去
Oh, me!
这妹子就是天使
This girl is an angel from Heaven,
你要是现在不聘用她
and if you don't hire her right now,
我就会每天过来 直到你聘用她为止
I'm just gonna have to show up here every day until you do.
欢迎加入
Welcome aboard.
给你做了一份虾仁帕尔马干酪
Made you a shrimp Parm.
是的 我回到了我的母校
Yep, I was back in my old school,
不过是以老师的身份
but as a teacher --
一个在第一天工作就睡过头的老师
a teacher who overslept on her first day.
其实我每天都这样
Exactly like I did every day I went there.
我嘞个...
Oh, son of a --
哟 这不是莱妮·刘易斯吗
Well, well, well. ?If it isn't Lainey Lewis.
教练
Hey, Coach.
你看着
You're looking...
一点没变 真奇怪
weirdly, exactly the same.
你迟到了 小滑头
You're late, smartmouth.
穿上运动服
Throw on some gym clothes
去找桑吉夫
and get into right field with Sanjeev.
我多年前是这儿的学生
Yeah, I was a student here years ago.
我现在是新的音乐老师
I'm the new music teacher.
就你 你就爱制♥造♥麻烦和偷懒
You? But you're a troublemaker and a slacker.
很多事都变了 我现在是成人了
A lot has changed, and I am an adult now.
你脚上的鞋都不一样
You're wearing two different shoes.
闭嘴 书呆子
Shut up, nerd!
不 不是书呆子 三好学生
No, not nerd. Uh, valued student.
真会圆
Way to cover.
欢迎回来 莱妮·刘易斯
Welcome back, Lainey Lewis.
校园时代
第一季 第一集
那是九几年的1月9号♥
It was January 9th, 1990-something,
尽管我开局不利
and even though I was off to a rough start,
但我做好了准备证明我是个成人 一个真正的老师
I was ready to prove I was an adult, a real teacher.
学生不得进入老师休息室
Oh! No students in the teachers lounge.
这是我们聊天 抒发♥情♥绪的地方
This is where we talk and show emotions.
重申一次 我不是学生 我们刚在外面才说过
Again, not a student. We just went over this outside.
肌肉记忆
Muscle memory.
我每次一见到你
You know, every time I see you,
我第一反应就是让你留堂
my first instinct is to give you detention.
能别这样吗
Well, can you stop?
跟我所有肌肉一样
Oh, like all my muscles,
我的记忆很壮 不过我会尽力
my memory's jacked, but I will do my best.
各位 我希望
Hey, gang, just wanted everyone
大家热烈欢迎新来的音乐老师
to give our new music teacher, Lainey Lewis,
莱妮·刘易斯
a big teachers lounge welcome.
好 好 好
All right! All right, all right!
窥探到幕后生活
So, I bet it's pretty exciting
一定很令人激动吧
getting a glimpse ?behind the curtain, huh?
是啊 看到你以前的体育老师
Oh, yeah. Getting to see your old gym teacher
喝下那浓稠的饮料
slurp down that thick drink.
太神奇了
S-So magical.
鸡肉和甜菜根 还是热的 要喝一口吗
Chicken and beets. Still warm. You want a pull?
不了 谢谢 梅勒教练
I'm good. Thanks, Coach Mellor.
梅勒教练 拜托 你现在是我们中的一员了
Coach Mellor? Come on, you're one of us now.
从现在开始 称呼名字就行
From here on out, it's first names only.
没问题
You got it.
你是斯坦利吧
I wanna say Stanley?
不 是约翰
No. It's John.
有什么问题吗
Anyways, uh, any questions?
嗯 什么时候发工资
Yeah. When do the paychecks start?
我们是来赚钱的 对吗
As if we're here for the money, right?
慢着 你不真是为了钱而来这儿的吧
Wait, no, you're not actually here for the money, are you?
当然不是
Of course not.
不过有没有可能一次拿到整年的工资
But is it possible to get the whole year's salary in one lump sum?
因为我信♥用♥卡♥出了点问题
Because I have a bit of a credit-card disagreement.
我知道当老师不是你的梦想
Okay, I know that being a teacher wasn't your dream,
但作为新校长 我的梦想是
but it is my dream as the new principal
别看起来像个傻子
not to look like an idiot.
所以别做梦了
So try.
你何不拿上你的教学大纲
Look, why don't you grab your syllabus,
然后去改变这些孩子们的生活呢
and let's get to making a difference in those kids' lives.
教学大纲
Syllabus.
那是棵盆栽
That's a bonsai tree.
教学大纲
Syllabus.
当我忙着应付教书的基本工作时
While I was struggling with the basics of teaching,
梅勒教练要在改变打篮球的风格上
Coach Mellor was about to get a lesson
得到一个教训了
on the changing style of basketball.
一直以来 教练为自己传授团队协作而自豪
For years, Coach prided himself on teaching teamwork,
但他发现90年代的孩子们
but he was finding that kids in the '90s
有不一样的想法
had different ideas.
刚刚是什么情况
Whoa! What the hell was that?
我想那是个投篮假动作紧接一个暴扣
I think it was a pump fake followed by a monster jam.
好吧 如果你想在我的队里待着
Okay. If you want to make my team,
你就得在投篮之前传三次球
you always pass three times before you shoot.
你觉得迈克尔·乔丹会传三次球
You think Michael Jordan passes three times?
你想做迈克 是吧
Big man wants to be like Mike, huh?
好了 现在是队内分组比赛 分两队
All right! Scrimmage time! Two teams!
这边 马特
Over here -- Matty!
这边
Over there --
其他所有人
everyone else.
等等 什么
Wait, what?
美剧 | 校园时代 | 导航列表