现在时间是早上6点10分
The time is 6:10.
出庭律师 到底是英勇的公设辩护律师
Barristers, valiant public defenders,
还是对纳税人钱财的浪费
or a waste of taxpayers' money?
政♥府♥似乎对此已经有了观点
The Government seems to have taken a view.
试试这个 试试这个
Try this one. Try this one.
有一位评论家指责其法援计划相当于
One critic accuses its legal aid plans of
"把公正切碎普遍发放
"Cutting justice for all
就跟晚餐时每人一份薯片一样 "
as if it were chips for dinner."
这位评论家是埃什利·杰威拉特姆
That critic is Ashley Jeevaratnam,
出庭律师和博主
barrister and blogger,
今天他也参加了我们的节目
and he joins us now.
杰威拉特姆先生 早上好
Mr Jeevaratnam, good morning.
早上好 科丝蒂
Good morning, Kirsty, yes,
我的博客地址是「有同情心的出庭律师」
I blog at the compassionatebarrister.Com
你觉得该如何支付出庭律师的费用
So, how should barristers be paid?
这是一个非常重大的问题
Well, this is a very serious matter.
妈的
Crap!
抱歉 抱歉 抱歉
Sorry. Sorry.Sorry.
哈伦吉刑事法庭
抱歉
Oh, sorry.
脱罪律师
第一季 第一集
卡罗琳 那是栽赃陷害
Ah, Caroline, it's a fit-up.
别误会的我的意思 我憎恶哈桑
Now, don't get me wrong, I hated Hassan.
我的确有可能下手 我想这么干
I could have done it. I wanted to do it.
是啊 你还说出来你会这么干
Yeah, you also said you'd do it.
酒保听到你在酒吧跟强尼·雷诺说的话了
Barman overheard you talking to Johnny Rhino in the pub.
我当时在气头上
I was angry.
我说我会用锤子锤爆哈桑的脑袋
Said I'd smash Hassan's head in with a hammer.
两小时后 他就陷入昏迷了
And two hours later, he's in a coma,
因为头部遭受了扳手的猛击
head bashed in with a wrench.
那还是有所不同的 你不能利用这点吗
There's a difference. Can't you use that?
听着 那就是聊聊天发泄下 不信你问强尼
Look, it was hard talk! Ask Johnny.
我们后来就坐下一起看《学徒》了
We sat and watched The Apprentice together later.
我马上就冷静下来了
I'd calmed right down.
抱歉
Sorry.
早上好 抱歉我迟到了 在安检处被耽搁了很久
Morning, sorry I'm late, I got held up at security.
麦克 这是威尔 我性感年轻的实习律师
Mike - this is Will, my hot young pupil.
你好 麦克 我看过你的诉讼要点了
Hey, Mike, been reading your brief...
很棒
Great stuff!
谢谢你的评论 威尔
Thanks for that, Will!
我们把这句加在后面
We'll put that on the back
就当是引用大明星斯蒂芬·弗莱的话
under the quote from Stephen Fry.
妈咪的面包呢
Mummy wants her croissant!
操 我好爱吃糕点啊
Fuck, I love pastry!
所以你也会成为出庭律师吗
You going to be a barrister, then?
是啊 希望如此吧
Oh, yeah, fingers crossed!
我才来三个月
I'm actually only three months in
我们总共有四个人
and there are four of us
但办事处这边只有一个职位空缺
and Chambers are only going to give one place. So,
所以还挺吓人的
it's actually kind of scary!
相当艰难 对吧
Tough breaks, eh?
好了 我们来看看案情
Right, let's see.
有证人听到你在雄鹿酒吧的谈话了
OK, so, witness hears you in The Stag,
哈桑遭到了袭击
Hassan gets battered,
警♥察♥去了你家
police turn up at your gaff,
发现了一把带有他血迹的扳手
find a wrench with his blood on.
麦克 我也想帮你脱罪
Mike, I want to get you off,
但现在能用的辩护点比我的可用卵子还少
but we've got fewer defence points than I have viable eggs.
告诉我一些有用的信息
So, tell me something that helps.
你有冷冻过的卵子吗
Did you get any frozen?
跟案情相关的 不是跟卵子相关的
Case-related. Not egg-related.
我或许掌握了一点有用的证据
I might actually have something.
听着
OK, so,
警方化验了哈桑身体周围的一切
the police had everything around Hassan's body analysed.
但他其实是爬到他最终被发现的地方的
But he actually crawled to where he was found.
他是在桌子这边遭受袭击的
He was hit here by the table.
但当时桌上放着一些东西
And on the table were some of these things.
就是这串念珠
Worry beads.
这不是哈桑的东西
Now, these are not Hassan's,
但警方从未化验过这串念珠
but the police never had them analysed.
所以我的想法是 我们让警方化验这串念珠
So, what I'm thinking is, we get the police to analyse the beads,
找到真正的杀人凶手
we find the real killer,
让你被释放回家 麦克
we get you home, Mike.
摆脱这残酷的折磨
Away from this whole ordeal.
好吧
Yeah...
或许还是别化验了
maybe don't get those analysed.
那看着像是我的念珠
They actually sort of look like my worry beads.
我的最近被偷了 上面可能有我的指纹
I had 'em stolen recently. Might have my prints on.
听着 我知道这让情况变得更复杂了
Look, I realise this complicates things.
好吧 那我们提出和解
OK. We offer a deal.
他们放弃谋杀指控
They drop the big charge,
我们承认严重身体伤害罪
we admit grievous bodily harm.
承认犯了严重身体伤害罪
Plead to GBH?
那个 我是说...
Yeah, I mean...
我或许的确想伤害他
I might have wanted to hurt him,
但我可没想要谋杀他
but I didn't want to murder him.
你说过你当时离他十万八千里
You said you were nowhere near him.
肯定是两者之一 不是吗
It's either/or, innit?
他绝对是有罪的
He is very guilty.
是啊 当刑事出庭律师就是这样的 威尔
Yes, well. That's the thing about being a criminal barrister, Will.
你会见到真正的罪犯
You do meet criminals.
是啊 但这简直是浪费资源
Yeah, it's such a waste of resources.
-外面还有那么多无辜之人呢 -在哪儿
- All those innocent people out there. - Where?
外面啊 没有吗
Out there? Aren't there?
你说是什么就是什么吧
Take your word for it.
小宝宝 我有重要的事要安排你去做
Now, baby boy, I have crucial business for you.
我的电脑充电器落在办事处了
I left my laptop charger in Chambers.
我需要你去帮我取一下
I need you to fetch it for me, please.
去办事处取吗 那来回要好几个小时
From Chambers? That'll take hours.
但这事必须干啊 威尔
Well, it needs doing, Will.
妈咪需要充电
Mummy needs her power.
话说你能别自称为「妈咪」吗
Actually, do you mind not calling yourself Mummy?
真的 有点古怪
It's just, it is a little weird.
但妈咪就想自称为妈咪
But Mummy wants to call herself Mummy.
好吧 那 行吧
OK, well...fine then.
终于联♥系♥到你了
There you are.
我都快忘了你的声音了
I'd almost forgotten what you sounded like.
你那边怎么样啊
How's it going?
精疲力尽 我昨晚一直工作到凌晨两点
Oh, knackered. I was up working till 2am
现在卡罗琳又强迫我穿过半个城市给她取东西
now Caroline's got me travelling halfway across town.
好吧 你要干很多跑腿的工作
OK, so, you know, you're running a lot of errands.
你早知道会这样的
You knew it was going to be like this.
是啊 没事
Yeah, it's fine.
我29岁了 我的工作就是取充电器 买♥♥糕点
I'm 29 and my job is fetching chargers and pastry.
抱歉
Sorry.
在这个会议上 我们将讨论
At this conference, we're talking about
南苏丹的饥荒和难民营
famine and refugee camps in South Sudan.
你刚刚怎么抱怨你的工作来着
What were you saying about your job?
我说那是最糟糕的工作 可怜的我
I'm saying it's the worst. Poor me.
这比此刻任何人的经历都要糟糕
This is worse than any other human is experiencing at the moment.
记住 这是你想要的
Like, remember, this is what you wanted.
改变世界 帮助有困难的人
You know, making a difference, helping people in need.
是啊 我大多数时候都在帮有困难的人
Yeah, I am helping people in need, mostly , I guess.
尽管今天 我们帮一个绝对的杀人犯...
although today, we've got this absolute murderer...
抱歉 我有事得挂了
I'm sorry, I've got to go.
-留着下回讲 -好的
- Save it. - OK.
-再见 爱你 -好的 再见
- OK, bye, love you. - All right, bye!
我也爱...
Love you t-
实习律师留用 死亡传球
你好啊 威尔
Hey, Will.
那些初级律师下了注 看我们当中谁能留下
The junior tenants did odds on which of us will get tenancy.
美剧 | 脱罪律师 | 导航列表