《情事》前情提要
Previously on The Affair...
索洛维先生 感谢你能来
Mr. Solloway, thanks for coming in.
我好像没什么选择
Not like I had much of a choice.
我读了你的书
So I read your book.
人人都能写第一本书
Everyone has one book in them.
能写第二本的就少了
Almost nobody has two.
欢迎来到世界的尽头
Welcome to the end of the world.
你记得第一次见她的情景吗
Do you remember the first time you saw her?
历历在目
Like it was yesterday.
洛克哈特夫人
Ms. Lockhart,
你记得初次见他的情景吗
do you remember seeing him for the first time?
把她倒过来
Turn her over.
-天啊 -用力打
- Oh, my God. - Hit her hard!
我记得他抱着他女儿
I remember he was holding his daughter.
做点什么
Do something!
你救了她的命
You saved her life.
对了 我叫诺亚
I'm Noah, by the way.
海伦和我是在尝试培养出优秀的后代
Helen and I are trying to raise decent human beings.
而不是只会想怎么赚得更多 花得更多
Not just get more, spend more.
就在你拿着我们的钱交私立学校的学费...
As you accept our money for private school tuition...
妈 别和我丈夫吵架
Mom, stop trying to pick a fight with my husband.
这是哈里 我的经纪人
This is Harry, my agent.
布鲁斯告诉我
So Bruce tells me that
你这个夏天打算写一些新东西
you're working on something new this summer?
目前我还没有太多进展
Uh, well, I haven't really gotten too far with it.
打扰一下 先生 你点的威士忌
Excuse me, sir, you ordered a whiskey.
她是在跟你调情吗
Is she flirting with you?
想出去走走吗
You wanna get out of here?
我很喜欢一个理论物理学的假设
There's this hypothesis in theoretical physics.
你的真实人生继续照原定路线行进
Your true life continues as is, unchanged,
但在你做出决定的那一刻
but at the moment of decision,
一段新的人生就此开启
a new life splits off
存在于平行世界里
into a parallel universe.
这和之后发生的一切有什么关系
How is any of this relevant to what happened?
想弄清楚是否有人
Trying to figure out if anyone might have had a motive
存在杀人动机
to kill this fella.
我以为那是一场意外
I thought it was an accident.
麦克斯叔叔
Uncle Max!
我不知道你也邀请了麦克斯
I didn't know you invited Max.
暴君海伦
Helen the felon.
-你好 -来亲一个
- Hello. - Come here.
妈妈
Mom!
非常棒
It's extraordinary.
我要它在明年秋天之前就上架
I want it in stores by next fall.
我不想要这样的生活
I don't want this life.
我必须离开
I have to leave.
我爱上了别人
I'm in love with someone else.
我来找索洛维先生 他在家吗
I'm looking for Mr. Solloway.Is he home?
你被捕了
You're under arrest.
我会救你出来的 我发誓
I'll get you out of this, I promise.
你相信我吗
Do you believe me?
第一话
诺亚
搞什么
What the fuck?
见鬼
Oh, shit.
你不是说会考虑吗
I thought you said that you were considering it.
是的
I did.
我很认真地考虑了
I thought long and hard about it.
只是...
It just...
我也说不上来 就是感觉不对
I don't know, it just didn't feel right to me anymore.
所以你想用这个结尾吗
And so you wanna go with this ending instead?
我觉得这个结尾很有力
I think it's really powerful.
我能说什么
Well, what can I tell you?
我不同意
I don't agree.
别这样 哈里
Oh, come on, Harry.
这个结尾更微妙
It's much subtler.
就是两个人坐在一起吃晚餐吗
It's two people sitting down to dinner.
对 在两个人之间有一个惊天大秘密的时候
Yeah, with an unimaginable secret between them.
不如你开始的结尾好
Doesn't have the punch of your first idea.
谋杀...
Murder, it's... it's...
是很诲淫的
it's salacious.
很...廉价的 它...
It's... it's cheap. It...
不必如此啊
Well, it doesn't have to be.
你看过《人鼠之间》吗
Have you read Of Mice and Men?
你这是反问我吗
Is that a rhetorical question?
那你去再看一遍
Well, you may want to review it.
那本书里最后描写的谋杀案发生时
The murder at the end of that book felt surprising
让人意想不到
while it was happening
却又在情理之中
and completely inevitable in retrospect.
就像文学作品中所有伟大的结尾一样
Like all great endings in literature.
那你是什么意思
So what are you saying,
如果我不改结尾你就不出版了吗
you won't publish it if I don't change the ending?
我可没那么说
I'm not saying that.
因为虽然你给我谈了笔好订金
'Cause, you know, as generous as that advance you got me was,
但我也只拿到了五分之一
I still only got a fifth of it.
订金都是那么给的
That's because that's how advances work.
终稿上交后才会给你剩余的部分
You'll get the next part when you submit the final draft.
这就是终稿
This is the final draft.
结尾还是再修改一下吧
Maybe you should take another pass at the end.
再改一次结尾就行
No, just one more pass.
好吧 可能我应该更明确地表明
Okay, maybe I should be more articulate
自己对这份稿件的认同之处
about what I did appreciate in this draft.
我觉得把仇恨部分
I thought bringing the feud
提前到前面几章的突出位置
to the foreground of the earlier chapters
处理得很好
worked beautifully.
你对那一家人 那四兄弟的描写
There's something almost epic in the way
几乎可以称得上绝妙...
that you now depict that family, those four brothers...
"几乎"
"Almost"?
让我有种看《伊甸之东》的感觉
It's got a real East of Eden feel to me.
你是有多喜欢斯坦贝克
What is it with you and Steinbeck today?
《伊甸之东》《人鼠之间》二书作者
而且我很喜欢你介绍拉娜的方式
And I love the way that you introduced Lana.
我想问问 这里面有多少
And I gotta ask, how much of this is
是根据你和那位的真实事件改编的
based on what happened between you and, um,
她叫什么来着
what's her actual name?
是虚构的 哈里
It's fiction, Harry.
好吧 好吧
All right. All right.
我知道你不愿意
I know this is frustrating for you,
但这都到最后关头了 伙计
but you're in the final stretch, buddy.
拿出你的最佳水平来 好吗
Don't go soft on me, okay?
我知道你有让人震撼的创意
You have something very powerful to say.
我只希望你能表达出来
I just want you to say it.
-诺亚 -乔迪
- Noah! - Hey, Jordy.
-你好 -好久不见啊
- How's it going? - Man, it's been forever.
你去哪里了
Where you been?
我...去纽约州北边了
Uh, I... I've been upstate,
去静心搞写作了
in a little... just a writer's retreat.
有新作品还是...
Working on something new or...
-没错 -迫不及待想拜读一下了
- That's right, yeah. - I can't wait to read it.
今年夏天
You know, I feel terrible
没怎么见到你们 真是遗憾
we haven't seen more of you guys this summer.
我们一直想请你们来作客的
We've been meaning to have you over.
只是孩子到期末了
It's just with the end of the school year,
你也明白的
you know how it is.
什么都手忙脚乱的
Everything's so out of control.
而且贝卡的母亲如今跟我们一起住
And Becca's mother is staying with us right now,
这真让我想...
which makes me wanna...
你今晚有什么安排
What are you doing tonight?
我...
Um, I... Oh, I...
不行 操 今晚不行
No, fuck, I can't tonight.
-爸爸 -擦
- Daddy. - Duck.
我说的是"擦"
美剧 | 婚外情事 | 导航列表