It's a fair prospect. Pretty enough, I grant you.
这里风景优美 的确是 我同意
It's nothing to Pemberley, I know.
这跟彭伯里比没什么 我知道
But I must settle somewhere. Have I your approval?
但我得在某个地方定居下来 你赞成吗
You'll find the society something savage.
你会发现这个社会有野蛮的一面
Country manners? I think they're charming.
乡村风情? 我认为这很迷人
Then you'd better take it. Thank you, I shall.
那你还是住下吧 谢谢 我是应该的
I shall close with the attorney directly.
我应该直接和律师联♥系♥
I want to wear it today.Look what you've done to it!
我今天想戴它的 看看你都对它做了什么
Mamma, mamma!
妈妈 妈妈
Lydia has torn up my bonnet and says she will wear it to church.
莉迪亚把我的帽子弄坏了 还说要戴着它到教堂里去
Tell her she shall not!
跟她说她不能这样!
I shall wear it, for it's all my own work.
这是我应该的 因为这都是凭我的巧手做出来的
She'd be a fright in it. She's too plain to look well in it!
她戴着就太恐怖了 她太平凡了 戴不出这顶帽子的味道
No, you shall not have it! Lydia! Kitty! Girls!
不 你不能戴它! 莉迪亚! 吉蒂! 姑娘们!
Would you tear my nerves into shreds? Let her have it, Kitty.
你们要把我的神经撕碎吗? 让她戴着吧 吉蒂
But it's mine! You let her have everything that is mine!
但那是我的! 你总让她得到我的所有东西!
Oh, what is to become of us all?
噢 我们这是怎么了?
Jane, Lizzy, where are you?
简 丽斯(伊丽莎白的小名)你们在哪?
Here, mamma. Coming, mamma.
这里 妈妈 来了 妈妈
My dear! Mr Bennet! Wonderful news!
亲爱的! 班纳特先生! 巨大喜讯!
Netherfield Park is let at last! Is it?
尼日斐花♥园♥终于租出去了! 是吗?
Yes, it is, for I have just had it from Mrs Long.
是的 我刚从郎格太太那里听回来的
Do you not want to know who's taken it?
你不想知道谁租了吗?
???I have no objection to hearing it.
如果你要说 我不反对听
It is taken by a young man of large fortune from the north of England.
它是被一位从英格兰北部来的年轻阔少租下的
A single man of large fortune, my dear.
一个有钱的单身汉 亲爱的
He came down on Monday to see the place.
他星期一的时候来看过房♥子
His name is Bingley and he will be in possession by Michaelmas.
他叫宾利 他会在米迦勒节前搬进来
And he has 5,000 a year!
他一年有五千英镑!
What a fine thing for our girls!
这对我们的女儿们来说是多么好啊!
How so? How can it affect them?
为什么呢? 这对她们有什么影响?
Mr Bennet, why are you so tiresome?
班纳特先生 你怎么这么烦?
You know that I'm thinking of his marrying one of them.
你明知道我在想他会娶她们中的一个
For a single man with a good fortune must be in want of a wife.
凡是有钱的单身汉 总想娶位太太
Yes, he must indeed!
对 他肯定是这样想的!
And who better than one of our five girls?
还会有什么比从我们五个宝贝女儿里选一个好呢?
Lydia!
莉迪亚!
What a fine joke if he chose me! Or me!
如果他选了我那该多好笑啊! 又或者我!
So that is his design in settling here?
所以呢 他是处心积虑要住这里的吗?
To marry one of our daughters?
就为了娶我们其中一个女儿?
''Design''? How can you talk such nonsense?
"处心积虑?" 你怎么这么无理取闹?
But he may fall in love with one of them.
但他有可能会爱上她们其中一个
Therefore you must visit him directly he comes.
所以等他来了你必须立即拜访他
No, no, I see no occasion for that.
不 不 这不是我的份内事
Mr Bennet! Go yourself with the girls.
班纳特先生! 你亲自跟女儿们一起去吧
Still better, send them by themselves. By themselves?!
或者更好一点 让她们自动送上门 自动送上门?!
Aye, for you're as handsome as any of them.
还有 因为你跟她们一样漂亮
Mr Bingley might like you best of the party.
宾利先生很有可能会最喜欢你
Lydia...
莉迪亚…
Hill!
希尔!
Oh, Hill!
噢 希尔!
Hill, I am so distressed!
希尔 我真伤心!
Mr Bennet says he will not visit Mr Bingley when he comes.
班纳特先生说宾利先生来的时候他不会去拜访他
There, there. Can't you reason with him?
亲爱的 亲爱的 你就不能跟他讲讲理吗?
I daresay it'll all be well. No, it will not!
我敢说一切都会很好的 不 不会的!
For he is bent on ruining us all. Mamma, he's teasing you.
因为他很乐意毁掉我们所有人 妈妈 他只是在逗你
He will call on Mr Bingley. He calls on any new neighbour.
他会去拜访宾利先生的 他一向都会拜访新邻居们
Jane, how can you say that? You heard him!
简 你怎么还能这样说呢? 你听到他刚才怎么说的了!
You know your father has a will of iron. You're in the right, my dear.
你知道你父亲老是讽刺人 你太对了 亲爱的
I'll tell you what I'll do. I shall write to Mr Bingley,
我会跟你说我要怎么做 我应该给宾利先生写信
informing him that I have five daughters, and he is welcome to any of them.
通知他我有五个女儿 很乐意让他从中挑选
They're all silly and ignorant, like other girls.
她们都既愚蠢又无知 就像其他女孩一样
Well, Lizzy has more wit than the rest.
丽斯比其她的多一点智慧
But he may prefer a stupid wife,
但他可能还是想要个傻妻子
as others have done before him.
就像其他赶在他之前娶了个傻妻子的家伙一样
There, will that do?
亲爱的 这样如何?
No! I beg you will not write if you...
不! 我恳求你千万不要写 如果你…
You take delight in vexing me!
你总是觉得惹恼我很开心!
You have no compassion on my poor nerves!
你一点都不同情我可怜的神经!
You mistake me. I have a high respect for your nerves.
你误解我了 我对你的神经有着崇高的敬意
They've been my old friends for 20 years.
它们和我做了至少二十年的好朋友
You don't know what I suffer. Well, I hope you'll get over it,
你根本不知道我的痛苦 那 我希望你能顺利克服
and live to see many young men of 5,000 a year move here.
并且能活着看到更多赚五千英镑一年的家伙搬来这里
It's no use if 20 such should come, since you won't visit them.
如果你不去拜访他们 他们来二十个也没有用
Depend upon it, my dear. When there are 20,
依你所言 亲爱的 如果真来了二十个
I'll visit them all.
我会拜访他们所有人
You see, Jane? He won't be prevailed upon.
你看到了吧 简? 他不会罢休的
He'll see us all ruined.
他会看着我们所有人被毁
If only we'd been able to have sons!
如果我们有儿子多好!
Misfortunes, we are told, are sent to test our fortitude,
我们被告知 不幸 是来测试我们的坚韧的
and may often reveal themselves as blessings in disguise.
而且通常 它们会以祝福为伪装显露自己
Lord, I'm so hungry!
天哪 我肚子真饿!
If I could love a man who would love me enough to take me for 50 pounds a year,
如果我可以与一个愿意每年给我五十英镑的人相爱
I should be very well pleased.
我会很高兴的
Yes.
对
But such a man could hardly be sensible
但这样的男人肯定不理智
and I could never love a man who was out of his wits.
而我不可能会爱上一个没有智慧的男人
Oh, Lizzy.
噢 丽斯
A marriage... where either partner cannot love nor respect the other,
婚姻… 如果其中一方不能爱或者尊重另外一方
that cannot be agreeable... to either party.
那这段婚姻不会愉快… 对任何一方而言
As we have daily proof.
证据每天都在我们身边
But beggars, you know, cannot be choosers.
但乞讨者们 你知道 是不能当选择者的
We're not very poor, Lizzy.
我们并没那么穷 丽斯
With father's estate withheld from the female line,
当父亲的财产无法留给女儿们
we have only our charms.
我们就穷得只剩我们自身的魅力了
One of us at least will have to marry very well.
至少我们其中一个要嫁得很好
And since you're five times as pretty as the rest of us,
而由于你比我们其余几个漂亮五倍
and have the sweetest disposition, the task will fall on you.
还有如此迷人的品质 恐怕这个重担要落在你身上了
But, Lizzy...
但 丽斯
I would wish...
我会希望…
I should so much like... to marry for love.
我多么希望…可以为爱结婚
And so you shall, I'm sure.
所以你也应该会这样 我坚信
Only take care you fall in love with a man of good fortune.
只是要提防不要爱上一个有钱人
Well, I shall try. To please you.
我应该试试的 为了让你满意
And you?
那你呢?
I am determined that only the deepest love will induce me into matrimony.
我决意 只有最深最深的爱才能把我引向婚姻
So... I shall end an old maid,
所以 我会变成一个老处♥女♥
and teach your 10 children to embroider cushions and play their instruments very ill.
教你的十个孩子绣枕头 很惆怅地玩他们的乐器
Good night, mamma. My head is very ill tonight.
晚安 妈妈 我今晚很头痛
I said, I wouldn't dance with him
我是说 我不会跟他跳舞
if he was the last man in Meryton!
即使他是麦里屯的最后一个男人
Good night, Lydia. Good night, Kitty. Good night, Lizzy!
晚安 莉迪亚 晚安 吉蒂 晚安 丽斯!
Lizzy!
丽斯!
Wait till you hear our news!
等着听我们的消息吧!
Mr Bingley has come! Sir William Lucas called on him!
宾利先生来了! 威廉·卢卡斯爵士拜访了他!
Save your breath. I will tell mamma. I don't wish to know.
你省口气吧 我会跟妈妈说 我不想知道
Why care for Mr Bingley?
为什么要关心宾利先生呢?
We'll never be acquainted with him.
我们永远不会跟他熟起来了!
But, mamma!
但是 妈妈!
Don't keep coughing so, Kitty! Have a little compassion on my nerves.
不要再咳了 吉蒂! 可怜一下我的神经吧
I don't cough for my own amusement. 40 servants, and he's very handsome.
我又不是为了好玩才咳的 40名仆人 还有 他很英俊
He declared that he loves to dance! He said he'd come to the next ball!
他宣称他爱极了跳舞! 他说他会参加下一个舞会!
At the Assembly Rooms! On Saturday!
在会客室! 就在星期六!
With six ladies and four gentlemen. It was 12 ladies and seven gentlemen.
还带了六位女士和四位绅士是十二位女士和七位绅士
Too many ladies. Lydia, I beg you would stop!
太多女士了 莉迪亚 我求你不要说了!
We will never know Mr Bingley
我们永远不会认识宾利先生
and it pains me to hear of him.
让我听说他的事真是太痛苦了
But mamma! I'm sick of Mr Bingley!
但妈妈! 我讨厌宾利先生!
I'm sorry to hear that.
很抱歉听到你这样说
If I'd known as much this morning, I should never have called on him.
如果我今天早上就知道是这样 我就不会去拜访他了
美剧 | 傲慢与偏见(1995) | 导航列表