我当然要批评 内特尼尔
Of course I was, Nathaniel.
我送你读研究生是为了什么
I put you through grad school to what?
去 去收集稀有货币吗
To--to collect rare currency?
我就该追随你的脚步 是吗
Maybe I should follow your example, right?
把纳税人的钱浪费在
Make a fortune wasting taxpayers' cash
你都解释不了的政♥府♥秘密项目上
on some secret government projects
然后从中谋利
that you can't even explain?
赚了钱才没把你给饿死
It puts food on your plate.
这个解释如何
How's that for an explanation?
我不需要你的钱
I don't need your money.
事实上
Matter of fact...
我都不需要费心思和你见面
I don't need any of this.
当然了 又落跑了
Of course. Running away again, huh?
咱们两年后再见
I'll see you in another two years.
我打包的菜忘拿了
I forgot my leftovers.
内特尼尔
Nathaniel.
*可怜的鸟儿*
*Ah, poor bird*
塞勒姆 1692年
*快飞起来*
*Take thy flight*
*飞过这悲伤夜晚的不幸*
*High above the sorrows of this sad night*
早安 早安
Good morrow. Good morrow.
真是不好客
Not the friendliest bunch.
严肃点 雷
Look, tone it down, Ray.
这时代可不欢乐
This isn't a fun time period.
这些帽子可不这么说
These hats say otherwise.
别太出格就行
Just try not to stand out.
塞勒姆可不怎么欢迎外来人
Salem wasn't exactly welcoming of outsiders.
看来历史上所有时候都一样
Oh, just like every other time in history.
他们只是隐藏得不好
They're just worse at hiding it.
女巫 女巫 女巫 女巫
Witch! Witch! Witch! Witch!
女巫 女巫 女巫 女巫
Witch! Witch! Witch! Witch! Witch!
撒旦的妻子 忏悔你的罪行
Wife of Satan, confess your sins.
告诉我们你根据什么提出的这项指控
Tell now what saw thee for grounds of accusation?
我看到她 帕森斯教士 在森林里跳舞
I saw her, Reverend Parsons, dancing in the woods
像新生儿一样无遮无掩
bare as the day she was born.
简·霍桑 你对此指控有什么说法吗
Jane Hawthorne, what say you to this accusation?
我没害过人 我发誓
I have done no harm. I swear it.
但是这个男人说他亲眼看到你施巫术
But this man says he bore witness to your witchcraft.
她与魔鬼同床
She has lain with the Devil.
我绝对不会
I would never,
不会和魔鬼
not with the Devil
在我丈夫去世后更没有和别的男人同床
nor with any man since my husband's passing,
尽管这让您很失望 先生
much to your frustration, good sir.
伪善的霍桑 你现在被捕了
Goody Hawthorne, you are hereby under arrest
罪名为使用巫术
and accused of witchcraft.
你的审判将会在明天举♥行♥
Your trial will commence on the morrow,
如果你的罪名成立
and if thou be convicted,
我们将会把你类清除出我们的群落
we will purge your kind from our community.
你们不能这么做 我的女儿需要我
You cannot do this! My daughter needs me!
普鲁登丝
Prudence!
母亲
Mother.
发发慈悲 求求您
Have mercy, please.
女巫 女巫 女巫 女巫
Witch! Witch! Witch! Witch!
女巫 女巫 女巫 女巫
Witch! Witch! Witch! Witch! Witch!
塞勒姆绝对有妖魔
Well, there are definitely monsters in Salem,
只不过不是魔法类的
just not the magical kind.
女巫 女巫 女巫
Witch! Witch! Witch!
乌鸦 还真是不吉利
Crows, that's ominous.
虽然和哥特文化有着联♥系♥
Despite the gothic association,
但美国乌鸦实际上非常的...
the American crow is actually a very--
算了
Never mind.
女巫 是她指使的它们
The witch-she commands them!
把她带离这里 快走 快走
Remove her from here at once! Go! Go!
不可能是她 是不是
Couldn't have been her, could it?
不管是什么 我们应该是对的
Whatever it is, looks like we were right.
塞勒姆确实有魔法
There is magic in Salem.
好吧 来试试这玩意好了
All right, let's give this thing a whirl, shall we?
吉迪恩 帮我们混合一些原材料
Gideon, do us a favor and mix us up some ingredients
让我可以填补药剂的空缺 好吗
so I can restock the old apothecary, will you?
别挡道 我需要些芥末
Out of my way. I need some mustard.
是是 我只要一小会 伙计
Yeah, yeah, I'll be just a minute, mate.
好了听话 吉迪恩 帮我混合
Now, be a doll, Gideon, and mix together
一小撮负鼠尾巴与三盎司青蛙精囊
a pinch of possum's tail with three ounces of frogs' testes.
开门
Open the door!
我要上厕所
I need to take a leak!
那是什么味道
What's that smell?
咒术书 人皮封面
Spellbook, bound in human skin.
你不泡水的话就会有点发臭
It gets a bit rank if you don't soak it in water.
从我椅子上起来 臭东西
Get out of my chair, you weasel.
我要看足球
I'm watching the football.
比赛已经开始了 伙计
The game's on already, mate.
你想要马麦煎饼吗
You want a Marmite crumpet?
你叫我什么
What'd you call me?
你应该稍微放轻松一点 宝贝
You know, you need to simmer down a little bit, sweetheart.
你看 我和你一样都不喜欢分享生活空间
You see, I don't like to share my space any more than you,
但是 现在就这样了
but, uh, here we are.
那你来这里做什么
And why are you here?
抱歉打扰了你们的亲密时刻
Hey, sorry to break up the bonding session,
但是我们找到了逃亡者 我们认为是真女巫
but we found our fugitive, and we think it's a real witch.
一个真女巫肯定是脑子摔坏了
Well, a real witch must be off her trolley
才会想在这地方呆着
to hang around here.
我们刚看到一个女人控制一群乌鸦杀人
Well, we just saw a woman command a murder of crows,
现在我知道这个量词怎么来的了
and now I know why they call it that.
简被捆住堵上嘴 被带走了
Well, Jane was bound, gagged, and taken away.
那些鸟只是在保护她不受暴民伤害
Those birds were just protecting her from that mob.
我挺它们的法力
I say more power to them.
理论上我同意你的看法
And I agree with you, in theory,
但我们还是要移除这股法力
but we still have to remove that power.
吉迪恩 你查到简·霍桑的信息了吗
Gideon, what do you have on Jane Hawthorne?
1692年10月29日 简·霍桑被处决
On October 29, 1692, Jane Hawthorne's execution
之后发生了被称为
was at the center of what came to be known
塞勒姆之火的事件
as The Burning of Salem.
"她被吊死的那天"
"On the day she hung,
"塞勒姆所有的人都同时自燃了"
"All of the people of Salem spontaneously combusted.
"整座城镇陷入火海"
The whole town was set ablaze."
是我喜欢的类型
Sounds like my kind of woman.
这个意外足够让民众相信
Well, the incident was enough to convince the public
女巫是存在的
that witches were real.
不管是什么 简是中心人物
Whatever it is, Jane's at the center of it.
等一下
Well, now, hang on a minute.
-你说她被堵住了嘴 -是的
- You said that she was gagged. - Yeah.
有没有人亲耳听到她念咒了呢
Did any of you actually hear her cast a spell?
你看 咒语是语言游戏 伙计们
You see, spells are a verbal game, mateys.
那里有没有谁
Was there anyone else there,
会想要保护简呢
someone who would want to protect Jane?
普鲁登丝 她的女儿
Prudence. Her daughter.
一个恶毒的魔鬼附身在子女身上
A malevolent demon has attached itself to the child,
承受罪罚的却是母亲
and the mother is being blamed.
我见识过无数次了
I've seen it a million times over.
简直小事一桩
Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
开始干活吧 好吗
Let's get to it, shall we?
哎哟 看看是谁终于来劲了
Well, look who started to care.
不过我不要变装
Uh, but I am not wearing a costume.
等会见 大块头
I'll see you later, big man.
时间调查局总部 2018年
盖瑞
Gary?
是你吗
Is that you?
你又梦游来上班了吗
Did you sleepwalk to work again?
我的天
Oh, my God!
你是什么毛病
What is wrong with you?
内特 你来这里做什么
Nate? What the hell are you doing here?