我看不出你能做到
Well,I don't see how you could.
我想说的是 或许你不能把 这些当作纯粹智力习题来对待
What I'm trying to say is that maybe you can't approach this as a purely intellectual exercise.
你什么意思?
What do you mean?
还记得你怎么在网上学游泳吗?
Well,remember when you tried to learn how to swim using the Internet?
我是学过游泳
Ididlearn how to swim.
在地板上学的
On the floor.
技巧是相通的
The skills are transferable.
我只是不想到水里去
I just have no interest in going in the water.
那你为啥要学游泳呀?
Then why learn how to swim?
冰盖在融化呀 莱纳德
The ice caps are melting,Leonard.
未来 游泳是不可避免的
In the future,swimming isn't going to be optional.
但你给了我灵感
But you do bring up an interesting point.
我用不着做新的研究
I don't have to break new ground here.
肯定很多研究结果是现存的
I'm sure much of the research already exists.
不 不 我想说的是 如果你想学如何交友
No,no,my point is,if you want to learn how to make friends,
到咖啡店或者博物馆去
then just go out to a coffee shop or a museum.
认识些人 和他们交流
Meet people. Talk to them.
了解下人家的生活
Take an interest intheirlives.
疯了呗
That's insane on the face of it.
- 走吧 - 我们去哪儿?
- Come on. - Where are we going?
你载我去卖场
You're driving me to the mall.
我要去买本现存交友领域的理论大全
I'm going to acquire a book that summarizes the current theories in the field of friend-making.
你干嘛不直接躺地上 游过去呢?
Why don't you just lie down on the floor and swim there?
<如何面对至爱的离去>
Coping with the Death of a Loved One.
- 节哀顺变 - 感谢你
- My condolences. - Thank you.
- 家人还是朋友? - 家人
- Family or friend? - Family.
太遗憾了
Too bad.
如果是朋友 我刚好可以填补空缺
If it had been a friend,I'm available to fill the void.
没关系 她满身卫生球味道
It's just as well. She smelled like mothballs.
好吧 要是你在这嗅人玩 我去买点热脆饼
Okay,if you're gonna start sniffing people,I'm gonna go get a hot pretzel.
劳驾
Excuse me.
有交友的书吗?
Do you have any books about making friends?
嗯 有 但都是写给小孩子的
Um,yeah,but they're all for little kids.
我想技巧可以推断 道理相通嘛
I assume the skills can be extrapolated and transferred.
可能吧 就在木火车那边
I guess. They're right over there by the wooden train set.
我爱火车
I love trains.
你当然喜欢了
I bet you do.
哎 呀 还真粘
Oh,my,that's awfully sticky.
好了 我来瞧瞧哈...
All right,let's see...
<兔子波尼有两个爸爸了>
Bernie Bunny Has Two Daddies Now.
估计是同志兔子的故事
That's probably about homosexual rabbits.
<沙鼠杰瑞和恶霸在公车上>
Gerry the Gerbil and the Bullies on the Bus.
读过了 没啥用
Read it. Not helpful.
哦 有了
Oh,here we go.
<动物园的新成员鹦鹉斯图>
Stu the Cockatoo Is New at the Zoo.
莎拉·卡朋特作 现与其爱人 朋友马克以及鹦鹉斯图
"Author Sarah Carpenter lives in Fort Wayne,Indiana
居住于印第安纳州 韦恩堡
"with her husband and best friend,Mark,and their cockatoo Stu."
没有点交友专家的样子 你说是吧?
Hardly makes her an expert in making friends,wouldn't you agree?
我不喜欢鸟类 它们多吓人
I don't like birds. They scare me.
我也是诶
Me,too.
很多人都意识不到
Most people don't see it.
你读啥呢?
What are you reading?
<好奇的乔治>
Curious George.
哦 猴子我可喜欢
Oh,I do like monkeys.
好奇乔治就是猴子
Curious George is a monkey.
算是人格化的 但没错
Somewhat anthropomorphized,but yes.
或许 啥时候咱俩去看个猴子呗 你觉得好不?
Say,maybe sometime you and I could go see monkeys together. Would you like that?
好哇
Okay.
谢尔顿 你干嘛呢?
Sheldon,what are you doing?
我和这小女孩交朋友呢 你叫什么名字?
I'm making friends with this little girl. What's your name?
瑞贝卡
Rebecca.
嗨 瑞贝卡 我是你的新朋友谢尔顿
Hi,Rebecca. I'm your new friend,Sheldon.
不 别搞了 走吧
No,you're not. Let's go.
- 我俩聊得正投机呢 - 别抬头 上面有摄像头
- We were really hitting it off. - Don't look up. There's cameras.
我想知道哈 在"你有多了解谢尔顿"那项
********the "How well do you know Sheldon" section,
他最喜欢的氨基酸 你们填的啥?
what did you put for his favorite amino acid?
- 赖氨酸 - 赖氨酸
- Lysine. - Lysine.
完了 我本来写了赖氨酸 又改了
Damn it,I had lysine and changed it.
太好了 时间刚刚好
Oh,good,you're just in time.
我想我解开了交友解题步骤
I believe I've isolated the algorithm for making friends.
谢尔顿 交友哪有解题步骤啊
Sheldon,there is no algorithm for making friends.
得了 听他讲完 要是真有啥发现
Well,hear him out. If he's really onto something,
咱就在动漫大会上弄个展台 赚他一笔
we could open a booth at Comic-Con.Make a fortune.
是这样 我最初和Kripke搭话就跟
See,my initial approach to Kripke had the same deficiencies
鹦鹉斯图刚到公园时一样有着缺陷
as those that plagued Stu the Cockatoo when he was new at the zoo.
鹦鹉斯图?
Stu the Cockatoo?
没错 他是动物园新成员
Yes. He's new at the zoo.
超赞的书
It's a terrific book.
我摘录它的精华制作了流程图来指导我
I've distilled its essence into a simple flow chart that will guide me through the process.
有没有考虑过出门时把他装进大木箱里?
Have you thought about putting him in a crate while you're out of the apartment?
你好 Kripke? 我是谢尔顿·库珀
Hello,Kripke? Sheldon Cooper here.
我想到哈 你没回我的电话
It occurred to me that you hadn't returned any of my calls
是因为我没为发展友情提出实际建议
because I hadn't offered any concrete suggestions for pursuing our friendship.
或许咱俩该一起吃个饭
Perhaps the two of us might share a meal together.
了解
I see.
那有没有时间喝个热饮?
Well,then perhaps you'd have time for a hot beverage?
最受欢迎的有茶 咖啡 可可
Popular choices include tea,coffee,cocoa.
了解了解 别 先别挂
I see. No,no,no,wait. Don't hang up yet.
那娱乐娱乐怎么样呢?
What about a recreational activity?
我们肯定有共同爱好
I bet we share some common interests.
说说你有啥兴趣爱好
Tell me an interest of yours.
真的呀? 骑真马?
Really? On actual horses?
再说个兴趣爱好
Tell me another interest of yours.
抱歉 不到逼不得已 我才不下水游泳
I'm sorry. I have no desire to get in the water till I absolutely have to.
再说个兴趣爱好
Tell me another interest of yours.
哦这问题要无限循环下去了
Uh-oh,he's stuck in an infinite loop.
我来搞定
I can fix it.
有意思 但口技不是个人娱乐项目吗?
Interesting,but isn't ventriloquism by definition a solo activity?
再说个兴趣爱好
Yeah. Tell me another interest of yours.
你喜不喜欢猴子呀?
Is there any chance you like monkeys?
你咋回事嘛? 人人都喜欢猴子
What is wrong with you? Everybody likes monkeys.
别挂 Kripke
Hang on,Kripke.
没办法时 选择不太讨厌的项目
A loop counter and an escape to the least objectionable activity.
霍华德 聪明啊
Howard,that's brilliant.
你居然想到了
I'm surprised you saw that.
天呀 谢尔顿咋交不到朋友呢?
Gee,why can't Sheldon make friends?
好了 Kripke 你刚说那兴趣爱好 是我不太讨厌的
All right,Kripke,that last interest strikes me as the least objectionable,
我提议咱一起去玩
and I would like to propose that we do that together.
明天
Tomorrow.
是的 我付钱 好的 拜拜
Yes,I'll pay. All right,good-bye.
好啦 该学学攀岩了
All right. Time to learn rock climbing.
要知道 我超喜欢口技哟
You know,I am a fan of ventriloquism.
要不你我还有你的小假人去喝个热饮
Maybe you,me and your dummy could go get a hot beverage.
你喝时他表演
He could talk while you drink.
不鸟 我想攀岩
Nope. I wanna climb some rocks.
这家伙比在电脑上看起来大啊
This appears significantly more monolithic than it did on my laptop.
想看原始人怎么用骨头当武器呢
One expects to see hominids learning to use bones as weapons.
你恐高啊 库珀?
You afraid of heights,Cooper?
哪能啊 恐高完全不合理
Hardly. A fear of heights is illogical.
然而害怕掉下来 才是有发展眼光的说法
A fear of falling,on the other hand,is prudent and evolutionary.
你说要巩固我们的友情 我最少要爬多高呀?
What would you say is the minimum altitude I need to achieve to cement our newfound friendship?
好啦 这开生日会呢 小盆友都爬
Come on,they have birthday parties here. Little kids climb this.
小原始人吧
Little kid hominids perhaps.
你工作就干这点事啊? 父母一定很骄傲哈
So is this your entire job? Your parents must be so proud.
- 来啊 库珀 - 来了 Kripke
- Let's go,Cooper. - I'm coming,Kripke.
好的 绳子貌似很结实
Okay,the harness seems to be secure.
刚才有点不能自制 但网上说那是正常情况
A small amount of incontinence just now,but the Web site said that's to be expected.
也不咋难嘛 像是垂直游泳
this isn't so bad. It's like vertical swimming.
嘿 瞧瞧 库珀 都爬到一半了
Hey,look at you,Cooper. You're almost halfway to the top.
是吗?
I am?