Raj和霍尔德在火车上泡萨摩
好了 拉杰
Okay, raj.
把6号螺丝刀递给我
Hand me the #6 torx screwdriver.
停
Stop.
不能这么做 这样不对
We can't do this. it's not right.
谢尔顿 你只有两个选择
Sheldon, you have two choices.
出城之前 要么换个大点的硬盘
Either you let him put a bigger hard drive in the tivo,
要么删掉一些数据
Or you delete stuff before we go out of town.
但是一旦开箱 保修单就作废了
But once you open the box, you've voided the warranty.
保修单可是
The warranty is a sacred covenant
我们和生产商之间的神圣契约
We've entered into with the manufacturer.
他提供设备的保障
He offers to stand by his equipment,
我们则保证不开箱
And we in return agree not to violate
亵渎内部硬件
The integrity of the internal hardware.
这张小贴纸就是辨别我们是否守法的标志
This little orange sticker is all that stands between us and anarchy.
行 那我们不碰硬件
Okay, then we won't touch the hard drive.
直接删除《太空堡垒》第1季
We'll just erase the first season of battlestar.
行了 我们违法吧
There. we're outlaws.
给 莱纳德 这个够大吗
Here you go, leonard. is this going to be big enough?
刚好
It's perfect.
给独角兽带水仙花差不多够了
For taking daffodils to your unicorn.
只是拿来装笔记本的
It's just for my notebooks.
谢谢 佩妮
Thanks, penny.
我好喜欢旧金山
I love san francisco.
真想和你们一起去
I wish I was going with you.
我很理解你会嫉妒
I understand your envy.
这是绝不能错过的研讨会
This is a can't-miss symposium.
在那儿会讨论
There are going to be discussions
生物细胞计算机元件
on bioorganic cellular computer devices,
多线程任务处理的优势
The advancements in multi-threaded task completion,
还有用非平衡格林函数解决
Plus a roundtable on the nonequilibrium green's function approach
原子内光化电离过程的圆桌会议呢to the photoionization process in atoms.
我通常只去玩击锤和坐缆车
When I go, I usually just get hammered and ride the cable cars.
这次会议挺大型的
This conference is kind of a big thing.
由乔治·斯穆特做开场发言呢
The keynote address is being delivered by george smoot.
偶滴神啊 乔治·斯穆特
Oh, my god, the george smoot?
你听说过他吗
You've heard of him?
当然没有
Of course I haven't.
乔治·斯穆特是个物理学家 诺贝尔奖得主
George smoot is a nobel prize-winning physicist,
当代伟人之一
One of the great minds of our time.
他对黑体和宇宙微波背景辐射的
His work in black body form and anisotropy of the cosmic microwave
各向异性的研究 跟宇宙起源的观点有许多相通之处
Background radiation cemented our understanding of the origin of the universe.
名字挺搞笑的 斯穆特
It's kind of a funny name, though-- "smoot."
对牛牛弹琴
It's like talking to a chimp.
既然在这被羞辱了 就祝你们飞行愉快
Okay, now that I've been completely insulted, have a good flight.
我倒是想坐飞机呢
Yeah, I wish.
我们不坐飞机 坐火车
We're not flying. we're taking the train.
-挺酷的 -太苦了
- Oh, cool. - yeah, cool.
比坐飞机长7倍的时间 还贵2倍的价钱
Seven times as long as flying, and costs almost twice as much.
那干嘛坐火车
Well, then why are you doing it?
我们投过票
Well, we had a vote.
3个投坐飞机
Three of us voted for airplane.
但谢尔顿投坐火车
Sheldon voted for train.
所以只能坐火车
So we're taking the train.
别这么说嘛 莱纳德
Don't say it like that,Leonard.
这么说 我们可算能坐回火车咯O(∩_∩)O
Say it like "we're taking the train!"
《生活大爆炸》
第二季 第17集
我们准备去苹果专卖店
We're all going over to the apple store
戏弄那些技术人员to make fun of the guys at the genius bar.
你去吗
You want to come?
我很喜欢玩这个 但现在有点忙
Oh, I always enjoy that, but I'm a little busy.
你在干嘛
What are you doing?
我在简化打包行李的任务
I'm simplifying the task of packing for our trip.
瞧 给衣物贴上电子标签
See, by attaching rfid tags to my clothing,
就能用识别笔
It will enable my laptop
激活笔记本读取和鉴别它们to read and identify the items with this wand.
然后我就能参照目的地
I will then cross-reference them against destination,
预先安排的活动幅度
Anticipated activity spectrum,
天气情况 旅行时长 等等来确定带什么去
weather conditions, duration of trip,Et cetera.
确实简化了不少
Well, that does sound much simpler.
你还要多长时间
How long is this going to take?
以现在的速度 3小时11分钟
Assuming I can keep up this pace, three hours, 11 minutes,
还要鉴于这次毫无意义的
And plus however long it takes
对话的时长to conclude this fairly pointless conversation.
现在感觉戏弄苹果的技术人员有点多余
Wow. teasing the guys at the apple store seems a little redundant now.
我没听懂
I don't follow.
我也不想你听懂 一会见
I wouldn't expect you to. I'll see you later.
袜子一对 棉质 菱形花纹 蓝色
Sock, one pair, cotton, argyle, blue.
袜子一对 棉质 菱形花纹 蓝色
Sock, one pair, cotton, argyle, blue.
你们这是干嘛
What on earth are you doing?
不管是什么 看来都是错的
Whatever it is, I'm guessing we're doing it wrong.
先生们 这可是海岸星光号
Gentlemen, this is the coast starlight,
全美最好的火车之一
One of the great american trains
行驶在全美最经♥典线路之一
Operating on one of the classic american routes.
在这边
On this side,
可以看到全海景
You'll see panoramic ocean vistas
任何运输工具都无法做到这点
inaccessible to any other form of transportation,
而这边
while on your side,
你只能面对350英里上的好市多超市
you'll be treated to 350 miles of costcos,
捷飞络汽车服务店
jiffy lubes,
带凸地泳池的煤渣砖房子
and cinder block homes with above-ground pools.
走吧 拉杰
Come on, raj.
捷飞络有什么不好
What's wrong with jiffy lubes?
不对
No.
为什么
Why not?
超出轴距了
That's over the wheelbase.
你们对1980前期普式火车上
Are you completely unfamiliar with the suspension
超级豪华的 悬浮座椅一点都不知道吗
Characteristics of a pre-1980 pullman-built superliner deluxe passenger coach?
谢尔顿 我们上火车才90秒
Sheldon, we've been on this train 90 seconds,
你就说了几万个字
And you've already said a thousand words.
直接说坐哪 然后闭嘴
Just tell us where to sit and shut up.
这里
Here.
我希望你听着规律的车轮和铁轨的撞击声
I'm hoping once you reap the endorphic rewards of the steady
得到脑袋产生的安多芬犒劳后
Clickety-clack of steel wheels on polished rails,
焦躁能有所缓解
Your sour disposition will abate.
可能吧
Yeah, maybe.
与此同时 回到21世纪
Meanwhile, back in the 21st century,
人们也开始收托盘桌 支起座椅背
People are raising their tray tables and putting their seat-backs in an upright position
因为已经到旧金山了
'cause it's time to land in san francisco.
已经不错了
It's not so bad, really.
至少这种火车有现代管道系统
At least these trains have modern plumbing.
在印度
In india,
你只能蹲在车厢里的一个洞上面
You squat over a hole in the train and expose
把屁屁曝光在拉贾斯坦的冰冷空气中
and expose your naked buttocks to the chilly air of Rajasthan.
他这是个比喻
He is referring, of course,
比作乘坐印度铁路宏伟的千柱之庙特快的三等旅客to third class on indian railways' magnificent ranakpur express and its
和从马哈拉施特拉邦到比卡内尔枢纽站 1200公里的旅程
1,200-kilometer journey from maharashtra to the bikaner junction.
看吧 他现在无聊到有够国际水准了
Oh, look, now he's boring on an international scale.
我靠 快看
Holy crap! look!
真的是她么 没可能吧
Is that who I think it is? it can't be.
萨默·格萝怎么会来坐火车的
What would summer glau be doing riding the train?
可能约翰·康纳上车了 她来保护他 对付屠魔侠
Maybe john connor's aboard and she's protecting him from an evil terminator.
不太像 那是电视剧 莱纳德
Unlikely. that's a television show, leonard.
谢了
Thank you.
当然 如果未来天网真的存在
Of course, if skynet actually did exist in the future,
侵入并毁灭人类最好的方法将会是将终结者送去
A perfect way to infiltrate and destroy mankind would be
摆成在著名的电影电视中出演终结者的演员的造型to send terminators back posing as actors who have played terminators in
让我们在臆想的安全感中苟且偷生
Popular films and television series, lulling us into a false sense
比如 那是终结者外传中的萨默·格萝
a false sense of security, i.e., "that's summer glau "from the sarah connor chronicles.
不 萨默 不要杀我 我真的是机器人
"no, summer, don't kill me! I'm pro-robot! ahh!"
至少他不再唠叨那些关于火车的废话了
At least he's off the train crap.