莱尔德和莱斯利 ONS
现在我调动步兵师
All right, I'm moving my infantry division...
和指环王中的半兽人兵团
...augmented by a battalion of orcs from Lord of the Rings.
从两翼包夹田纳西的志愿者军团
We flank the Tennessee volunteers and the North once again wins the Battle of Gettysburg.
没这么容易 南方还有两个步兵师 再加上超人和哥斯拉
Not so fast. Remember, the South still has two infantry divisions. Plus Superman and Godzilla.
半兽人是魔法部队 超人最怕魔法
No, no, no. Orcs are magic. Superman is vulnerable to magic.
更别提...
Not to mention
哥斯拉早已被伊利诺伊骑兵和绿巨人消灭
you already lost Godzilla to the Illinois Cavalry and Hulk.
为什么不让罗伯特·李将军冲锋?
Why don't you just have Robert E. Lee charge the line
他可以带上湿婆和格涅沙
with Shiva and Ganesh?
- 可以点餐了吗? - 稍等 宝贝
-You guys ready to order? -Hang on,honey.
湿婆和格涅沙
Shiva and Ganesh,
印度教之神? 对抗整个北部联军?
the Hindu gods,against the entire Union army?
还有半兽人
And orcs.
我稍候再来
I'll be back.
不好意思
Excuse me.
象头神格涅沙擅长清除障碍 湿婆是毁灭之神
Ganesh is the Remover of Obstacles and Shiva is the Destroyer.
当硝烟散尽 林肯将会说印第语 喝南方的薄荷饮料
When the smoke clears,Abraham Lincoln will be speaking Hindi and drinking mint juleps.
我老板说你们要么点餐 要么永远给他滚蛋
All right,my boss says you have to either order or leave and never come back.
对于做了一早上的举重和有氧锻炼 冒着甜美气息的我
What do you recommend for someone who worked up a man-sized appetite
有什么推荐菜式?
from a morning of weight training and cardio funk?
洗澡
A shower.
我要个奶酪拼盘
I'll take the Heart smart platter.
好 谢谢你 Sheldon呢?
All right,thank you,and Sheldon?
我们没在这里吃过
We don't eat here.
不知道什么好吃
I don't know what's good.
都很好吃
Well,it's all good.
概率上不太可能
Statistically unlikely.
就点一个汉堡
Just get a hamburger.
你喜欢汉堡
You like hamburgers.
我喜欢我们常去的那家汉堡店的汉堡
I like the hamburgers where we usually have hamburgers.
不能假定我也喜欢这里的汉堡
You can't make the assumption that I'll like the hamburgers here.
对不起
I'm sorry.
给他一个汉堡
Give him a hamburger.
好吧 哪种?
All right,which one?
经♥典汉堡 农家汉堡
The Classic Burger,the Ranch House Burger,
烧烤汉堡 柯比汉堡?
the Barbecue Burger,or the Kobe Burger?
能不能去大胖汉堡店?
Can't we just go to Big Boy?
他们只有一种汉堡 大胖汉堡
They only have one burger... the Big Boy.
烧烤汉堡跟大胖汉堡挺像的
Well,the Barbecue Burger is like the Big Boy.
对不起 既然世上已经有大胖汉堡
Excuse me, in a world that already includes a Big Boy
为什么我们要满足于像大胖汉堡呢?
why would I settle for something like a Big Boy?
因为你不在大胖汉堡店!
Because you're not at Big Boy!
好吧 那我要烧烤汉堡
Fine,I'll have the Barbecue Burger.
我也要这个
Make it two.
大胖汉堡店的侍应从不高声训我
Waitresses don't yell at you at Big Boy.
- 嘿 Leonard - 你们好
-Hey,Leonard. -Hi,guys.
你好 Leslie
Hey. Hi,Leslie.
- 不知道你们会来这里吃饭 - 确实不会
I didn't know you ate here. We don't.
这次是烦扰的例外
This is a disturbing aberration.
Leslie 他是Penny
Leslie,this is Penny.
她住在我和Sheldon的对面
She lives across the hall from Sheldon and me.
她走在美的光彩中 像夜晚 (诗人拜伦的名句)
And walks in quiet beauty like the night.
Howard 我已经说了 别这样
Howard,I've asked you not to do that.
Leslie和我在同个实验室做研究
Leslie and I do research together at the university.
哇 女科学家
Oh,wow,a girl scientist.
没胸 只好多长点大脑
Yep,come for the breasts,stay for the brains.
碰见你太好了
So,I'm glad I ran into you.
物理系弦乐四重奏还缺一个大提琴
The Physics Department string quartet needs a new cellist.
Elliot Wong怎么啦?
What happened to Elliot Wong?
他调到高能辐射课题组了
He switched over to high-energy radiation research
发生一些小意外 其他团员怕坐他身边被辐射
had a little mishap,and now the other guys are uncomfortable sitting next to him.
你来不来?
So are you in?
当然来
Yeah,sure,why not?
太好了 周二去你那里彩排
Great,we rehearse on Tuesdays at your place.
为什么去我那里?
Why at my place?
能源部说我们原来 排练的地方现在是危险区
Yeah,Department of Energy said our regular space is kind of a hot zone.
很高兴见到你
Nice meeting you.
我也是
Yeah,you,too.
Leonard 不知道你会拉大提琴
Leonard,I didn't know you played the cello.
是啊 我父母觉得给我取名Leonard
Yeah,my parents felt that naming me Leonard
让我上天才班 还不够招人恨的
and putting me in Advanced Placement classes wasn't getting me beaten up enough.
你喜欢音乐吗? 我会学架子鼓
If you're into music, I happen to be a human beatbox.
真的?
Really?
其实我不是太喜欢音乐
I'm actually not that into music.
你那个朋友不错 你们俩是不是有点情况?
So,hey,your friend's really cute. Anything going on with you two?
Leslie?
L - Leslie?
没有
No,no.
- 怎么可能? - 他约过她一次
What,are you kidding? He asked her out once.
尴尬地失败了
It was an embarrassing failure.
多谢 Sheldon
Thank you,Sheldon.
噢 对不起
Oh,I'm sorry.
这个需要保密吗?
Was that supposed to be a secret?
哦 太可惜了
Aw,that's too bad.
你们本可以做一对甜蜜情侣
You guys'd make a cute couple.
我的天
Oh,dear.
怎么了?
What's the matter?
她没问我点什么
She didn't take my order.
她怎么问你?
How can she take your order
你紧张得连话都不会说
when you're too neurotic to talk to her?
尽管如此 这将反映在她的小费上
Nevertheless,this will be reflected in her tip.
Penny说"你们本可以做一对甜蜜情侣" 什么意思?
What did Penny mean,"You'd make a cute couple?"
我想她的意思是 你们两个在一起可以组成情侣
Well,I assume she meant the two of you together would constitute a couple
并且令其他人觉得你们甜蜜
that others might consider cute.
另一个不太可能的解释是
An alternate and somewhat less likely interpretation
你们可以制造一对情侣
is that you could manufacture one.
例如 "快看 Leonard和Leslie所生的 Goldfarb夫妻 是不是很可爱?"
As in,"Oh,look,Leonard and Leslie made Mr.and Mrs.Goldfarb.Aren't they adorable?"
如果Penny不知道Leslie拒绝过我
If Penny didn't know that Leslie had turned me down,
那么这一句的所指将十分清晰 即她(Penny)认为我应该追她(Leslie)
then it would unambiguously mean that she,Penny,thought I should ask her,Leslie,out
表明她(Penny)对于我 追求她(Penny)并无兴趣
indicating that she,Penny, had no interest in me asking her,Penny,out.
但由于她知道我追过Leslie
But,because she did know that I had asked Leslie out
并且她(Leslie)已经拒绝我 那么她(Penny)可能只是安慰我
and that she,Leslie,had turned me down, then she,Penny,could be offering consolation.
"真可惜 你们本来 可以做一对甜蜜情侣..."
"That's too bad, you would have made a cute couple..."
并且暗想 "很好 Leonard还是单身"
but while thinking:"Good, Leonard remains available."
你很幸运 Leonard
You're a lucky man,Leonard.
怎么说?
How so?
听你说话的人
You're talking to one of the three men
是西半球仅有的三个 能跟得上你思维的人之一
in the western hemisphere capable of following that train of thought.
那么 你怎么看?
Well,what do you think?
我只是说我能跟上 不代表我有兴趣
I said I could follow it. I didn't say I care.
宇宙是个大火炉 *
Our whole universe was in a hot,dense state
140亿年前大爆炸 哦稍等 *
Then nearly 14 billion years ago expansion started... Wait!
地球开始冷却 生物开始繁衍 *
The Earth began to cool
尼安得特尔人发明工具*
The autotrophs began to drool, Neanderthals developed tools
我们建造墙瓦 *
We built the Wall We built the pyramids
我们创造金字塔 数学 科学 历史 *
Math,Science,History,unraveling the mystery
揭露奥秘 *
That all started with a big bang
就从宇宙大爆炸开始! *
Bang!