抛开这点 我意识到我所描述的这个里奥
But beyond that, I have realized that the leo I described
根本就不会同意到戒毒所接受治疗
Would not have agreed to go to rehab.
为什么
Why not?
因为里奥是中间儿(美国有"中间儿综合症"这一说法)
Because leo's a middle child.
根本就没里奥这个人!
There is no leo!
你怎么就能说这些?
How can you say that?
你没读过他的简历 是吗
You didn't read the bio, did you?
他不仅是个中间儿
He's not just a middle child,
他更是个典型的中间儿...
He is the quintessential middle child--
附:他出自破碎家庭
From a broken home, to boot.
从心理学上讲 即使会导致自我毁灭
Psychologically speaking, the attention he gets by rebelling,
对他来说 通过反抗所获得的关注度
Even to the point of self-destruction,
在情感上的价值要远远超过康复治疗所带来的效果
Is more emotionally valuable than the help he would get at rehab.
我倒有个主意
I've got a solution.
太好了 什么
Great. what is it?
出 去!
Get out!
好吧
Fine.
我一直犹豫要不要说
I've hesitated to point this out,
但我必须提醒你的是
But I must now remind you that we
我们目前的窘境完全是因为你先前
Are in our current predicament because of your initial
理由相当不充分的欺骗行为造成的
And totally inadequate deceit.
我只是想替你收拾残局而已
I'm just trying to clean up after your mess.
我们明早再说
We'll talk in the morning.
早
Morning.
你是谁
Who are you?
我是谢尔顿的表弟里奥
I am sheldon's cousin leo.
谢尔顿根本没有一个叫里奥的表弟
Sheldon does not have a cousin leo.
恰恰相反
Au contraire.
我今年26岁
I'm 26 years old.
我的祖籍是...德克萨斯州的登顿市
I'm originally from... denton, texas,
但我是个海军顽童 所以我从小
But I was a navy brat, so I was
是在世界各地的军事基地长大的
Brought up on a variety of military bases around the world.
因此 我总感觉跟群体格格不入...
As a result, I've often felt like an outsider--
从没真正融入过
Never really fitting in,
这也很可能是我滥用毒品的原因
Which is probably the reason for my substance abuse problem.
打扰一下 我们刚才还练习过一遍
Excuse me, we just went over this.
作为一个典型的中间儿 你的赌瘾
As the quintessential middle child, your addiction
根植于你未被满足的对关注度的需求当中
Is rooted in your unmet need for attention.
谢尔顿 我们不是真的要用通俗心理学吧?
Oh, sheldon, are we really going to go with pop psychology?
请注意 这些都是以有力的研究为根据的
For your information, this is all based on solid research.
完全依照我写给你的性格档案就行了
Just stick with the character profile I wrote for you.
-谢尔顿? -不好意思
Sheldon? I'm sorry.
里奥纳德 这位是托比·鲁本菲尔德
Leonard, this is toby loobenfeld.
他是粒子物理实验室的
He's a research assistant
一名研究助理
In the particle physics lab,
不过他同时在麻省理工辅修戏剧
But he also minored in theater at mit.
事实上 说双学位更准确些
It was more of a double major, actually.
戏剧和物理
Theater and physics.
可以猜一下哪门是我中产阶级的父母
You can guess which one my bourgeois parents
逼我学的
Pushed me toward.
行了 我知道了
Yeah, I got it.
谢尔顿...你这是为什么
Sheldon... why?
你想啊 鉴于里奥不会去接受康复治疗
You see, while leo would not have gone into rehab,
那我们把他从汽车旅馆劝回家
It is completely plauible that we would have talked him
就是完全可以解释通的了
Into leaving the motel and coming home with us.
谢尔顿 这样设计
Oh... sheldon, how about this
我的动机如何...我14岁那年
As my motivation-- when I was 14 years old,
在菲律宾被一个先天脚畸形的海军教士虐待
I was abused in the philippines by a clubfooted navy chaplain.
不行 就设计成一个中间儿
No. we're going with middle child
具有血液中复合胺含量不足的遗传体质倾向
And a genetic predisposition to inadequate serotonin production.
亏你想得出来 遗传体质你要我怎么扮?
Swell. how do I play genetic predisposition?
当然是如字面意思所示
Subtextually, of course.
尽情享受就好了
Just have fun with it.
早 潘妮
Morning, penny.
家庭会议开得怎么样?
Hi. how did the intervention go?
很不幸 我们没能说服他去戒毒所接受治疗
Unfortunately, we weren't able to convince him to go to rehab.
基于你昨天跟我说的那些 我一点都不惊讶
Oh. well, based on what you told me, I am not surprised.
但我们说服他搬出汽车旅馆了
But we did convince him to leave the motel.
进来认识一下
Come say hello.
里奥 这位是潘妮
Leo. this is penny,
我们的朋友和邻居
Our friend and neighbor.
你好 里奥
Hi, leo.
你现在感觉如何
How are you feeling?
潘妮 问你个问题
Let me ask you something, penny.
你有过吐得浑身都是 然后一觉醒来
Have you ever woken up in a fleabag motel
发现自己身在一个破烂的汽车旅馆
Covered in your own vomit,
身边还躺着个人妖妓♥女的经历吗
Next to a transsexual prostitute?
没有
No.
那就别问我感觉如何
Then don't ask me how I'm feeling.
这位就是里奥
Well, that's leo.
跟我说说你昨晚的演出吧
Why don't you tell me about your showcase last night.
还好啦 我觉得
Oh. it was okay, I guess.
场面不算太热烈
It wasn't a big turnout,
但他俩好像都很喜欢我的表演
But they both really seemed to like it.
就俩人?
There were only two people there?
坚持到最后的 是的
By the end, yeah.
你个该死的哈里根教士!
Damn you, chaplain harrigan!
你...你说什么
I'm... I'm sorry?
那是在菲律宾的时候
The philippines.
1992年
1992.
在苏比克湾海军基地(美国位于菲律宾吕宋岛的海军维修基地)
The subic bay naval station.
一个年轻的男孩即将步入成年
A young boy on the cusp of manhood.
他的同伴只剩下
His only companions,
杂种狗和疟疾蚊子
Mongrel dogs and malarial mosquitoes.
绝望交织着孤独
Desperate and alone,
他遇见这个许诺将他引荐给
He reached out to a man who promised to introduce him
仁爱上帝的男人
To a merciful, loving god,
但恰恰相反 却将他引荐给了
But who instead introduced him
一个大醉松子酒 舌头卷进喉咙的小青年
To a gin-pickled tongue shoved down his adolescent throat.
除了用酗酒 吸毒
What choice did he have but to drink,
来宣泄痛苦 他还有什么选择呢?
Shoot and snort his pain away?
别忘了是他的遗传体质引发的吸毒成瘾
Don't forget his genetic predisposition towards addiction.
-那从未被证实 -有过很多研究
That's never been proven. there have been studies.
但不是双盲试验啊
Not double-blind studies.
怎么可能实施双盲试验?
How could there be a double-blind study?
谁来做对照组?
Who would be the control group?
正如你看到的 戒毒是件很丑陋的事情
As you can see, detoxing can get pretty ugly.
我们给他们点空间
Let's give them some privacy.
好
Yeah.
想来我家坐坐 喝杯咖啡吗
Hey, do you want to come over to my place, have coffee?
不错啊
Oh, sounds good.
我有我昨晚唱歌的录像
I have a video of me singing last night.
想看吗
Do you want to see it?
为什么不呢?
Gee, why wouldn't i?
这比你亲自去看演出都要精彩
This is even better than you coming to the showcase,
因为我要看着你看着我唱歌
Because now I get to watch you watch me.
是啊...
Yeah...
事情的进展真搞笑
Funny how things work out.
...可是他喜欢那些同伴
...but he loved the companionship
还有他的父亲无法给予他的智慧
And the wisdom that his own father failed to provide.
你父母做了正确的决定
Your parents made the right decision.
我没法这样工作
I cannot work like this.
这种感觉太棒了
This is amazing.
坐在沙发上跟一个女人一起看电视
Just sitting on a couch watching tv with a woman.
不酗酒 不磕药
Not being drunk or, or high
也不用担心你是个人妖
Or wondering if you're a dude down there.
里奥 你真的是个很可爱也很有趣的男生
Leo, you are a very sweet, really funny guy.
你一定会没事的
You're going to do okay.
潘妮 每天都能有这么一次就够了
One day at a time, penny.
每天都能有这么一次就够了
One day at a time.
他还要在这待多久?
How long is he going to stay here?
里奥纳德 他是个无家可归的吸毒者
He's a homeless drug addict, leonard.
他能去哪?
Where is he going to go?
天啊 你真得好好学学怎么撒谎了
Boy, you have a lot to learn about lying.