让他看看为什么这里会是
Let him see why we're
全国最好的物理研究所
The best physics research facility in the country.
我已经知道你们不是了
I already know you're not.
你们没有OSG联♥盟的计算机
You don't have an open science grid computer
或是自由电子激光器 并且这里的
Or a free electron laser, and the string theory research
弦理论研究也已经是强弩之末
Being done here is nothing but a dead end.
不好意思 那正是我的研究项目
Excuse me, that is my research,
从任何角度来说都还不是强弩之末
And it is by no means a dead end.
很明显你现在还没发现
Well, obviously you don't see it yet,
不过相信我 有一天你会的
But trust me, you will.
丹尼斯 我们已经讨论过这些了
Dennis, we've discussed this.
我们正在更新我们的设备
We're in the process of updating our equipment,
我们欢迎你加入我们一起研究
And we welcome your input on our research goals,
并且我们已经同意说即使你想
And we've agreed to look the other way if you want
花20%你吸引来的助学金
To use up to 20% of the grant money you attract
把你的爷爷从平壤偷渡过来
To smuggle your grandfather out of pyongyang.
我们要留下他 孩子们
We want him here, boys.
看你们了
Make it happen.
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
你尽管放心
You can count on us.
看我们的
We're on it.
你说"强弩之末"到底是什么意思?
What the hell do you mean, "dead end"?
我的意思是 虚真空上的全部地表
I mean, the whole landscape of false vacuums
在弦理论里相当于
In string theory could be as large as ten
其10到500次幂的大小
To the five hundredth power.
再说 看 巧克力奶
In addition-- ooh, look, chocolate milk.
我有了不祥的预感
I sense a disturbance in the force.
我感到很不妙啊
A bad feeling I have about this.
丹尼斯 你来美国多长时间了?
So, dennis, how long have you been in america?
一年半了
A year and a half.
真的啊
No kidding.
你英文说得很好啊
You speak english really well.
你也是
So do you.
就是你好像老喜欢
Except for your tendency to end
把介词放在句尾
Sentences with prepositions.
你说什么在?
What are you talking about?
例如这句
That.
他没说错
He's not wrong.
好吧
All right...
这就是我的办公室
And this is my office.
这是参观的一部分吗
Is this part of the tour?
不是 再见
Nope. good-bye.
别这样 谢尔顿 我们还没带他看过什么地方呢
Come on, sheldon, we've hardly shown him anything.
好吧
All right.
这是我的书桌
This is my desk.
这些是我的书 这是我的门
These are my books; this is my door.
出去请随手关门 再见
Please close it behind you. good-bye.
看来你在做关于
Looks like you're doing work
量子循环的修正
In quantum loop corrections.
观察力很敏锐
Keen observation.
再见
Good-bye.
你知道你是哪儿错了 是吧
You see where you went wrong, don't you?
里奥纳德
Leonard?
什么
Yeah?
带他出去
Get him out.
走吧 丹尼斯
Come on, dennis.
我带你去娱乐室
I'll show you the recreation center.
那里有些健身器材
They've got nautilus equipment.
你看我像练举重的人吗
Do I look like I lift weights?
举不了很重吧
Not heavy ones.
令我吃惊的是你竟然没考虑
It's startling to me you haven't considered
洛伦兹不变量和场论步骤
A lorentz invariant or field theory approach.
你认为我没考虑吗
You think I haven't considered it?
你真的认为我没考虑过吗
You really think I haven't considered it?
你考虑到了吗
Have you considered it?
带他出去 里奥纳德
Get him out, leonard.
走吧 丹尼斯
Come on, dennis.
我带你参观辐射研究室
I'll show you the radiation lab.
哇 你赢了史蒂文森奖?
Wow, you won the stevenson award?
是的
Yes.
事实上 我是历史上年纪最小的获奖人
In fact, I am the youngest person ever to win it.
真的吗 几岁?
Really? how old?
14岁半
Fourteen and a half.
那你"曾是"历史上年纪最小的获奖人
Hm, you were the youngest person ever to win it.
是不是感觉像看着一面
It's like looking into an obnoxious
另人讨厌的镜子?
Little mirror, isn't it?
这个真的很好吃吧
This is really delicious, isn't it?
仍旧只有醉了的时候才能跟我说话 是吧
Still can't talk to me unless you're drunk, huh?
亲爱的 你被伤害得太深了
Oh, sweetie, you are so damaged.
我也被伤害了
Hey, I'm damaged, too.
给霍华德一个拥抱怎样?
How about a hug for howie?
当然可以 拉杰 抱抱霍华德
Sure. raj, hug howard.
有什么事要和大家分享吗
Something you'd like to share?
可能是 一个悲情故事?
A tale of woe, perhaps?
15岁
Fifteen years old.
丹尼斯·金才15岁就已经能纠正我的研究成果了
Dennis Kim's 15 years old, and he's already correcting my work.
今天 我从沃尔夫冈·阿玛多伊斯·莫扎特变成了...
Today, I went from being wolfgang amadeus mozart, to...
你知道 另一个人
You know, that other guy.
安东尼奥·萨利埃雷?(想除掉莫扎特的人)
Antonio salieri?
天呐 现在就连你也比我聪明了
Oh god, now even you're smarter than me.
谢尔顿 你要知道
You know, sheldon, you don't have
你并没有那么多朋友
So many friends that you can afford
可以留给你来侮辱
To start insulting them.
吃饭吧 谢尔顿 你会感觉好点的
Just eat, sheldon, you'll feel better.
还浪费食物干吗
Why waste food?
在德州 如果一只奶牛没奶了
In texas, when a cow goes dry,
他们就不继续喂它了 他们会把它带出去
They don't keep feeding it, they just take her out
对准脑门来一枪
And shoot her between the eyes.
我糊涂了
I'm confused.
谢尔顿没奶了?
Did sheldon stop giving milk?
你不能被这么个小孩给惹毛啊
You can't let this kid get to you.
你一直都知道有一天会出现个人
You always knew that someday someone would come along
既比你年轻又比你聪明
Who was younger and smarter.
没错 但我设想的是在我死了
Yes, but I assumed I would've been dead
几百年后 并且他的名字旁边
Hundreds of years and that there'd be
会有个星号 因为他是个半机械人
An asterisk by his name because he'd be a cyborg.
这么说你现在有了个小小的竞争对手
So you've got a little competition.
我真不明白这有什么严重的
I really don't see what the big deal is.
你当然不明白
Well, of course you don't.
你从来没有成为顶尖过
You've never excelled at anything.
我不明白 最开始
I don't understand-- exactly how
他怎么会交到任何朋友的?
Did he get any friends in the first place?
因为我们喜欢里奥纳德
We liked leonard.
你现在想怎么样 谢尔顿 放弃吗
Well, what are you gonna do, sheldon, just give up?
是的
Yes.
当他花了一辈子所完成的成果
It's what a rational person does
被一个刚过青春期的亚洲神童否决时
When his entire life's work is invalidated
任何理性的人都会这么做
By a postpubescent asian wunderkind.
他停止他徒劳的努力
He ceases his fruitless efforts,
他捐献他的身体给科学研究
He donates his body to scientific research,
现在他等待死亡
And he waits to die.
我现在又糊涂了
You know, I'm confused again.
是他要等死呢 还是我们可以
Is he waiting, or do we get
对准他脑门来一枪?
To shoot him between the eyes?
我决定了 你说的对
I've decided you're right.
我的事业还没有完结
My career is not over.
好极了!
Great!
但既然丹尼斯·金
But since the arrival of dennis kim
已经诠释了我的研究是徒劳的
Has rendered my research pointless,
那我需要找些别的东西来研究
I just have to find something else to focus on.