好极了!
Great!
所以我决定我要跟你合作
So I've decided I'm going to collaborate with you.
"好极了"
Great.
你现在具体在做什么?
So what exactly is it you do?
我知道你常常说起
I know you chatter on about it all the time,
但我从没怎么注意听
But I've never really paid attention.
好 现在我在设计一个实验
Okay, well, right now I'm designing an experiment
来研究海平面上宇宙辐射的软性分立
To study the soft component of cosmic radiation
但是我真的不需要任何帮助
At sea level, but I really don't need any help.
你肯定需要
Oh, sure you do.
看原理图 这个东西是什么?
Now, see, what's this here in the schematic?
那个是激光阵列吗
Is that a laser array?
是的
Yes. now, hm...
如果你用氩激光器而不是氦氖
What happens if you use argon lasers
会怎么样?
Instead of helium-neon?
那样就会爆炸
It would blow up.
你肯定吗 比较肯定
Are you sure? pretty sure.
"比较肯定"可不是很科学
"pretty sure" is not very scientific.
你平常都这样吗?
Is this how you normally work?
只是预感和猜测结果?
Just hunches and guesses and stuff?
好了 谢尔顿 我理解你现在
Okay, sheldon, I understand that you're
正经历着事业上的小小危机
Going through a bit of a career crisis,
你在寻找一些其他的领域
You're searching for some other area
让你可以感觉自己有价值并有建设性
Where you can feel valuable and productive,
但是我需要告诉你一些事
But I need to tell you something,
你希望你仔细听清楚
And I want you to listen carefully.
好吧
All right.
走开
Go away.
如果你担心会和我共享这荣誉的话
If you're concerned about sharing credit with me,
你的名字可以放在前面...我走
Your name can go first-- I'm going.
是个小的 褐色的袋子 妈!
It's a small, brown paper bag, ma!
我现在正瞅着呢
I'm looking in it right now.
我骗你干嘛?
Why would I make that up?
里面根本就没有巧克力点心
There's no ding dong in it.
明天给我两份点心有什么用 我今天又吃不到
How are two ding dongs tomorrow gonna help me today?
那么...
So...
这就是工程是吧
This is engineering, huh?
我一会再跟您说
I'll talk to you later.
工程
Engineering.
由这些杰出的半职业的工人
Where the noble semiskilled laborers
来完成那些思考和梦想者的设想
Execute the vision of those who think and dream.
好啊 科学小矮人
Hello, oompah loompahs of science.
谢尔顿 你来这里做什么
Sheldon, what are you doing here?
我就过来打声招呼
I just came by to say hello.
我在这个研究室工作了3年
I've been in this lab for three years.
你从来没到这里来打过招呼
You've never come by to say hello.
因为在此之前 我有更重要的事要做
Well, up until now, I've had better things to do.
我们今天要做什么?
So, what are we making today?
一个小的支撑有效载荷结构
A small payload support structure
提供给欧洲的科学实验方案
For a european science experimental package
这个会装在下一艘太空船里
That's going up on the next space shuttle.
真的? 这东西怎么工作?
Really? how does it work?
当完成之后 这个将会放在
When this is done, it will be attached
有效载重舱上 还有传感器
To the payload bay, and the sensor apparatus
也会被装上
Will rest on it.
就是个架子
So it's a shelf.
不是 你不明白 在加速过程中
No, you don't understand-- during acceleration,
它需要保持完全的水平并且提供...
It needs to stay perfectly level and provide...
好吧 它就是个架子
Yeah, okay, it's a shelf.
我注意到了你用的是钛
Now, I notice you're using titanium.
你有否考虑过用碳纳米管?
Did you give any consideration to carbon nanotubes?
它们更轻 更便宜 并且具有两倍的抗张强度
They're lighter, cheaper, and have twice the tensile strength.
谢尔顿
Sheldon,
我办公室里有这么张证书
There's a diploma in my office
上面写着我获得了工程硕士学位
That says I have a master's in engineering.
并且这里还有张你妈妈给你写的字条
And you also have a note from your mother
上面写着 "我爱你 小水泡"
That says, "i love you, bubula."
但是哪个都不是能证明
But neither of those is a cogent argument
钛比纳米管好的有力论点
For titanium over nanotubes.
-谢尔顿 -干吗
Sheldon? yes?
走开!
Go away!
里奥纳德叫你这么说的吗
Did leonard tell you to say that?
不是 我自己想出来的
No, I thought of it all by myself.
不能这么巧吧
That can't be a coincidence.
这里肯定有些因果的联♥系我没想到
There must be some causal link I'm missing.
走开!
Go away!
真是奇怪 真是奇怪
Curiouser and curiouser.
他在这吗
Is he here?
如果他在 我就不会在了
If he were, I wouldn't be.
你知道他干了什么吗
Do you know what he did?
他看着我做了10分钟
He watched me work for ten minutes,
然后开始设计一个可以
And then started to design a simple piece
取代我的简易软件
Of software that could replace me.
这有可能吗
Is that even possible?
他确实做到了
As it turns out, yes.
里奥纳德 我们需要干点什么了
Something's got to be done about him, leonard.
什么呢?
Like what?
他永远都不可能接受
He'll never be able to cope with the fact
一个15岁的小孩比他更聪明
That some 15-year-old kid is smarter
比他更有成就
And more accomplished than he is.
如果这个小孩发生了什么意外
Well, what if something were to happen to this boy
然后再也不会对谢尔顿造成威胁呢
So he was no longer a threat to sheldon?
那我们的问题就解决了
Then our problem would be solved.
等等 你们是在讨论谋杀丹尼斯·金吗
Hang on, are we talking about murdering dennis kim?
我不是说不行
I'm not saying no.
我们不必做这么绝
We don't have to go that far.
还是有其他办法的
There are other means available.
我们不能遣送他回朝鲜
We can't send him back to north korea.
他知道怎么逃出来
He knows how to get out.
我们唯一要做的是
The only thing we need to do
让这个小孩的关注点发生偏移
Is make this kim kid lose his focus.
不可能
Won't happen.
他除了物理以外什么都没有兴趣
He is not interested in anything but physics.
生物怎么样?
What about biology?
什么? 你知道 性(双关语)
What? you know, biology.
只有这件事可以完全让顶级头脑
The one thing that can completely derail
偏离轨道
A world-class mind.
霍华德 他才15岁
Howard, he's 15.
是的 怎么了
Yeah, so?
我15岁的时候 遇见了迪妮斯·帕尔玛莉
When I was 15, I met denise palmeri
然后年级平均成绩从5.0降到了1.8
And my grade point average fell from a 5.0 to a 1.8.
她跟你上床了?
She was sleeping with you?
没有 我就是浪费了很多时间
No, I just wasted a lot of time
想象如果她跟我上床了会是什么样
Thinking about what it would be like if she did.
太好了 你们都在
Oh, good, you're all here.
听着 我决定了 如果你们三个
Look, I've decided that if the three of you
放弃手头的工作 跟我合作
Drop whatever it is you're working on and join me,
我们可以在10年内征服冷聚变
We could lick cold fusion in less than a decade.
绝对不用12年
12 years, tops.
走开?
Go away?
是在说我吗?
Could it be me?
好 各位 怎么啦
Oh, hey guys, what's up?
我们需要一个15岁的亚洲辣妹
We need a hot 15-year-old asian girl
喜欢天才男人的
With a thing for smart guys.
什么?
What?
霍华德 那是种族歧视
Howard, that's racist.
任何15岁的女孩都可以
Any 15-year-old girl will do the trick.
可能她误解了我们
It's possible she may have misunderstood us.
库珀博士
Dr. cooper.
我们打扰你了吗
Oh, are we interrupting?