谢尔顿学车
早上好 莱纳德
Good morning,leonard.
我们开车去上班的路上
yeah. we're gonna
要在陶瓷大库房[家居专卖店]停一下
Have to stop by pottery barn on the way to work.
我在那里买了星战床单
I bought these star wars sheets,
但躺在这上面实在是太刺♥激了
But they turned out to be much too stimulating
我根本不能安心睡着
To be compatible with a good night's sleep.
黑武士盯着我看 我很不爽
I don't like the way darth vader stares at me.
我不去上班了
I'm not going to work.
就算你的研究生涯这几年里毫无建树
Oh,just because your career's been stagnant
那也没必要放弃啊
For a few years,that's no reason to give up.
谢尔顿 我整晚都没睡
Sheldon,i was up all night
我在用自由电子激光束
Using the new free-electron laser
做X射线散射实验
For x-ray diffraction experiment.
是不是激光束碰巧把你视网膜烤焦了
Did the laser accidentally burn out your retinas?
没
No.
那你就能开车了 快走
Then you can drive. let's go.
我不是告诉你了么 我现在是晚上工作
Didn't I tell you I'd be working nights
你要另外想办法了
And that you'd have to make other arrangements?
是啊
You did.
所以
And?
我没办法
I didn't.
走吧
Let's go.
晚安 谢尔顿
Good night,sheldon.
那我怎么去上班啊
But how am I going to get to work?
乘公交车
Take the bus.
我再也不能乘公交车了
I can't take the bus anymore.
车上没安全带啊
They don't have seat belts,and they won't let you
而且他们不让我用橡皮绳子把自己拴在座椅上
Latch yourself to the seat with bungee cords.
你想用橡皮绳子把自己捆在座椅上
You tried to latch yourself to the seat with bungee cords?
我不是想 我已经做到了
I didn't try. I succeeded.
但不知为什么 其他乘客对此很惊慌
But for some reason,it alarmed the other passengers
他们让我滚下车
And I was asked to de-bus.
傻孩子
Oh,you're a big boy.
你会自己想出办法的
You'll figure it out.
别把我当孩子
Don't talk to me like I'm a child.
你现在立刻带我去退掉星战床单
Now,take me to return my star wars sheets!
佩妮
Penny?
佩妮 佩妮
Penny? penny?
谢尔顿 你搞什么
Sheldon. what is it?
莱纳德睡着了
Leonard's asleep.
谢谢你的最新更新
Thanks for the update.
别 等等
No. wait.
你一定要开车送我去上班
You have to drive me to work.
我看未必
Yeah,i really don't think I do.
但我不会开车 我也不想坐公交车
But I don't drive,and I can't take the bus.
只要你不用那橡皮绳
Honey,you'll be fe as long as you don't do
坐公交肯定没问题的
That bungee cord thing,okay?
佩妮
Penny.
你不是声称我们是朋友吗
Didn't you recently stated that you and I are friends?
是的 谢尔顿 我们是朋友
Yes,sheldon. we are friends.
所以说我在这儿是引用
Then I hereby invoke what I'm given to understand
我们隐含的友谊契约书中的一个重要部分
Is an integral part of the implied covenant of friendship.
帮助
The favor.
上帝啊
Oh,dear god.
对不起 我不是故意
I'm sorry,i didn't realize
来打扰你做早晨祷告
I was interrupting your morning prayers.
你做完了我们就出发
When you're done,we'll go.
谢谢你送我去上班
Thank you for driving me to work.
今天是我的休息日 谢尔顿
You know this is my day off,sheldon.
太好了 看来我没有耽误你什么事
Oh,good. I'm not keeping you from anything.
你的"检查引擎"灯亮着
Your "check engine" light is on.
一般来说 这算是提醒你
Typically that's an indicator
去检查引擎
To,you know,check your engine.
没什么事 这灯亮了一个月了
It's fine. it's been on for,like,a month.
这样说来的话 那你就有更多的理由去
Well,actually,that would be all the more reason to...
检查引擎了
You know,check your engine.
谢尔顿 我的车没事
Sheldon,it's fine.
如果没事的话
If it were fine,
那这灯就不会亮了
The light wouldn't be on.
制造商装了这个灯
That's why the manufacturer installed that light,
就是为了告诉你有问题
To let you know it's not fine.
大概是这灯坏了
Maybe the light's broken.
有没有检查"检查引擎灯"的灯
Is there a "check the 'check engine light' light"?
干嘛
What?
试验表明 在开车的时候
Studies have shown that performing tasks
某些行为 诸如吃东西 打电话
Such as eating,talking on a cell phone
或者喝咖啡
Or drinking coffee while driving
会降低人的反应速度
Reduces one's reaction time
就跟喝了一盎司酒精一样
By the same factor as an ounce of alcohol.
你带酒了吗
Do you have any alcohol?
当然没有
Of course not.
可惜了
Too bad.
你要走欧几里德大道吗
You're going up euclid avenue?
莱纳德是从洛斯罗布斯大道开的
Leonard takes los robles avenu
随便他
Well,good for leonard.
欧几里德大道是直线距离 的确更近
Euclid avenue is shorter as the crow flies,
但是这里有减速坡 会极大地降低
But it has speed bumps,which appreciably increase
点到点的行驶速度
Point-to-point drive time,
所以走这条路实际上更慢
Making It the less efficient choice.
但是方向盘是在你手里
But you have the conn.
当然了 如果你在过减速坡的时候
Of course,if you're not going to slow down
不减速的话
For the speed bumps,
那我就收回之前的意见
I withdraw my previous objection.
我有一个有趣的问题
Here's a fun question.
你知道最常见的街道名字是什么吗
Do you know what the most common street name is?
不知道
No.
是个脑筋急转弯
The answer's tricky.
二街
It's second street.
你可能认为该是"一街"
You see,you'd think it would be first street,
但大多数地方
But in most towns,first street eventually
一街都用一些别的名字代替
Gets renamed to something else.
比如 主路
You know,like main street,
大街
Broad street.
密歇根大道[为1893年哥伦比亚博览会修建]
Michigan avenue.
莱纳德和我在路上经常找一些
See,leonard and I often use our commute time
像这样的脑筋急转弯来锻炼大脑
To exercise our minds with brain-teasers like that.
我们也玩游戏
We also play games.
想玩么
Would you like to play one?
不
No.
来吧 可好玩了
Oh,come on. it's fun.
噢 又一个减速坡
Ooh! another bump.
这样吧 我说一个元素名称
Okay. I'll say an element,and,and you say an element
你也说一个
Whose name starts with the last letter
以我说的元素的尾字母开头
Of the one I said,okay?
从我开始
I'll start.
氦[Helium]
Helium.
你可以说汞[Mercury]
Now,you could say "mercury."
你给我一个"y"
That would give me a "y."
非常聪明 这个可不容易
Ooh. very clever. that's a tough one.
镱[ytterbium] 让你又回到了"m"
So I go with "ytterbium," which gets you back to "m."
你可以说钼[molybdenum] 我说镁[magnesium]
So you go "molybdenum," and I say "magnesium."
你可以说锰[manganese] 我说铕[europium]
You say "manganese." I say "europium,"
现在你只剩下钔了[mendelevium]
And,then,you're left with "mendelevium,"
然后就没有以"m"开头的了
And... there are no more m's
因为我相信[meitnerium]
Because I believe that meitnerium
应该被叫做ekairidium[一种过渡元素]
Should still be called ekairidium.
恭喜你 你赢了
So,congratulations. you win.
想再来一局么
Do you wanna go again?
我们就不能安静一会儿么
Why don't we just have a little quiet time now?