我回头搁我的圣诞树底下好了
put them under my tree.
等等!
Wait!
你给我买了个礼物?
You bought me a present?
你干吗要这么做?
Why would you do such a thing?
不知道 因为是圣诞节?
I don't know. 'Cause it's Christmas?
哦 佩妮 我知道你认为自己很大方
Oh, Penny. I know you think you're being generous,
但送礼是建立在互利互惠的原则上的
but the foundation of gift-giving is reciprocity.
你还没给我礼物
You haven't given me a gift.
就已经塞给我一份责任
You've given me an obligation.
别难过 佩妮 这是新手常犯的错
Don't feel bad, Penny, it's a classic rookie mistake.
我和谢尔顿过的第一个犹太教光明节
My first Hanukkah with Sheldon,
他对我吼了八个晚上
he yelled at me for eight nights.
没关系 你不用送我什么东西以表回馈
Now, hey, it's okay.You don't have to get me anything in return.
当然要 这种风俗的精髓就是
Of course I do. The essence of the custom
现在我不得不出去给你买点东西
is that I now have to go out and purchase for you
价值相当的礼物
a gift of commensurate value
这礼物得体现对我们友谊的相同的感知价值
and representing the same perceived level of friendship
这种感知价值体现于你送我的礼物
as that represented by the gift you've given me.
知道今年自杀率是怎么直线上升的了吧
It's no wonder suicide rates skyrocket this time of year.
好吧 忘了这件事吧
Okay, you know what? Forget it.
我没有给你准备礼物
I'm not giving you a present.
太晚了 我都看到了 那个小精灵贴纸
No, it's too late. I see it. That elf sticker
上面写着 给谢尔顿
says, "To Sheldon."
木已成舟
The die has been cast.
冥冥有手写天书
[欧玛尔·海亚姆波斯诗人 此句曾被马丁·路德·金引用]
汉尼拔已经翻越了阿尔卑斯山
[迦太基名将汉尼拔曾率领军队及大象翻越积雪的阿尔卑斯山进入意大利]
我知道 有意思 特别是发生在别人身上
I know. It's funny when it's not happening to us.
谢尔顿 我非常非常抱歉
Sheldon, I am very, very sorry.
别 别 我自找的
No. No, I brought this on myself
谁让我不小心成为你生命中美好又重要的一部分呢
by being such an endearing and important part of your life.
谁开车带我去商场
I'm going to need a ride to the mall.
现在发生在咱们头上了
It's happening to us.
你还好吧
Are you gonna make it?
还好吧
Yeah, I guess.
好的
All right.
谢谢你让我开你的摩托
Thanks for letting me try out your motorcycle.
不客气
No problem.
我不知道它这么沉
I had no idea it was so heavy.
就这么压到我身上了是吧
The thing just fell right over on me, didn't it?
是啊 还没跑起来算你走运
Yeah. Lucky for you it wasn't moving.
-莱纳德您还好吧 -还好
-Oh, hey, Leonard. Ooh, are you okay? -Oh, yeah.
就是个摩托车小意外
It's just a little motorcycle accident.
我的天 你开得有多快
My God, how fast were you going?
不晓得 就在电光火石之间
I don't know. It's all such a blur.
很幽默 他连发动都发动不起来
Good one. He couldn't even get it started.
嗨 戴维
Hi. Dave. Hi.
佩妮 是你的摩托
Penny. So it's your motorcycle?
没摔坏吧
Is it okay?
没事
It's fine.
算那车走运
Lucky for the bike
有我的腿垫着
it landed on my leg.
你介意帮我搀这位机车选手一下么
You mind giving me a hand with speed racer here?
好的好的
Oh, yeah. Yeah, sure.
戴维你是怎么认识莱纳德的
So, um, Dave, how do you know Leonard?
我是个物理学家
I'm a physicist.
你才不是呢
No, you're not.
有什么奇怪的么
Why is that so surprising?
主要是我所认识的物理学家
Uh, well, it's just that the physicists I know
都又白又宅
are indoorsy and pale.
我不是宅男
I'm not indoorsy.
我的防晒霜很好用
I just wear the appropriate sun block
所以黑色素沉淀得很少
because I don't take melanoma lightly.
那你是
So, are you
在和莱纳德一起做实验么
and Leonard working on an experiment together?
事实上我们在
Yeah, actually we are.
我们在检测光电倍增管的
Yeah, we're examining the radiation levels
辐射强度
of photomultiplier tubes
用在一种新的暗物质探测器上面的
for a new dark matter detector.
亲爱的
Uh, sweetie, sweetie,
我在和戴维说话
Dave was talking.
你知道的 我爱好科学
You know, I love science.
-从什么时候开始的 -一直都是啊
-Since when? -Since always.
叫我科学怪人吧 我就是为
Call me a geek, but I am just nuts
这些亚原子痴迷不已
for the whole subatomic- particle thing.
我叫你什么也不会叫你科学怪人的
The last thing I would ever call you is a geek.
呵呵 我就是啊
Ha. Well, that's what I am--
怪才天后
queen of the nerds.
如果你愿意
Well, if you like,
我可以带你参观我们工作的实验室
I could show you the lab we're working in.
我们有一些很棒的玩意 激光器什么的
We've got some cool toys, you know-- lasers and stuff.
你知道么 我一直都想见识下真正的科学实验室
You know, I have always wanted to see a big science lab.
什么时候开始的
Since when?
一直都是呀
Since always.
莱纳德 你还好么
Leonard, are you okay here? Uh...
-还好吧 -我们现在就去如何
-Yeah. I guess. -How 'bout we go see it now?
之后我们可以到海边兜风
Maybe afterwards we take the bike up the coast,
再来点吃的东西
We grab a little bite to eat...
真不错
Um... Yeah. Yeah, that sounds great.
我去拿个外套
Let me just get my jacket.
她很可爱嘛
Boy, she'll do, huh?
是啊 如果你喜欢这个类型的
Yeah, if you like that type.
你和她
So, you and her...?
没关系 就是邻居
No, just neighbors.
真的
Really.
真难想象你就住她隔壁
I don't know how you live next door to that
居然没有什么行动
without doing something about it.
事实上
Actually...
科学就是我的爱人
science is my lady.
好吧 咱们走吧
Okay. Let's go.
好的
All right.
明天见 莱纳德
See you tomorrow, Leonard.
明天见 再见佩妮
See ya. 'Bye, Penny.
玩得开心
Have fun.
是谁
Yes?
你没带钥匙么
Did you forget your key?
我看这没有什么女人想要的
I don't see anything in here a woman would want.
开玩笑吧
You're kidding.
这里有身体乳液 沐浴精油 香皂
You've got lotions and bath oils and soaps.
简直是雌激素的帽子戏法[三连发]
that's the estrogen hat trick.
我看是山寨版发音的
What it is is a cacophonous assault
尤加利属植物 月桂树的果实 肉桂和香草
of eucalyptus, bayberry, cinnamon and vanilla.
就好像我的头卡到土耳其皇帝的睡衣里面一样
It's as if my head were trapped in the pajamas of a sultan.
谢尔顿 如果你不喜欢这些东西
Sheldon, if you don't like this stuff,
我们去隔壁给她做个填充玩具熊也行
let's just go next door and build her a bear.
告诉过你 我害怕熊
I told you before, bears are terrifying.
拜托
Come on,
沐浴用品 完美的选择
bath stuff. It's perfect!
这里有香氛蜡烛 洗面扑
You got a scented candle, a cleansing buff,
薄荷和绿茶味的沐浴精油 放松身心
spearmint and green tea scented bath oil, promotes relaxation.
前提假设是佩妮身心紧张
That presupposes Penny is tense.
她认识你 能不紧张么
She knows you. She's tense.
我们都紧张 买个礼品篮
We all are. Buy a basket!
您好 我们选好了
Excuse me, we're ready.
我们还没选好
No, we're not.
假设我同意
Let's say for a moment that I accept
沐浴礼品这个假设
the bath item gift hypothesis,
现在我要考考你了
I now lay the following conundrum at your feet:
我们该买多大的
Which size?
就这个 我们走
This one. Let's go.
你想都没想过
You put no thought into that.