你们玩的开心
You kids have fun.
我回书房♥了 有事叫我
I'll be in my reading room if you need me.
那个是她书房♥
Which room is her reading room?
别打扰妈妈了
Leave Mommy alone.
她最近不舒服
She isn't feeling good lately.
孩子们
My babies.
妈妈
Mom...
妈妈
Mommy!
妈妈
Mommy!
是双胞胎
I mean, it-- it was the twins.
我知道
I know it.
我不知道为什么会知道 但我
I don't know how I know it, but I...
知道
I do.
他们都是成年人
I mean, they were adults,
所以我一下子没认出来
so I didn't recognize them right away, but
但我越看
the more I looked,
越觉得是
the more I knew.
是奈莉
It was Nellie.
卢克
Luke.
太糟了
That's awful.
这梦好吓人
What a horrible dream.
你应该是看书时睡过去了
And clearly you dozed off while you were reading.
嗯
Yeah.
当然
Of course.
是个噩梦
It was a terrible dream.
我最近
You know, I've been...
我
I just...
一直头疼
My headaches are almost constant
然后
now, and...
做梦好真实
my dreams are so vivid.
你知道有些梦比生活更真实吗
You know those dreams that feel more real than life?
可能
I think maybe...
咱俩最近都有点迷糊
Well, both of us have been feeling a little loopy lately.
我还是不想相信我这么蠢
I still can't believe I did this.
超疼
It hurts like a bitch.
我好笨啊
I just feel so stupid, you know?
不知道是
I don't know if it's the...
下面的霉菌 化学品还是噪音
the mold or the chemicals, the noise down there,
我晃神了
I just-- I spaced.
我居然没看
You know, I can't believe I didn't look.
你以为插头已经拔了
You thought it was unplugged.
应该是拔掉的
I mean, it was supposed to be unplugged.
我可能对史蒂文要求太多了
I may have put too much on poor Stevie.
他很坚强 没事的
He's tough, he can handle it.
亲爱的
Honey.
亲爱的 有人进房♥子了
Honey, someone's in the house.
休
Hugh.
来啊
Well, come on.
快走
Shake a leg.
这房♥间弄得很漂亮啊
I love what you did with the room.
以前是我的化妆间
It was a dressing room for me.
后来成了育婴室
Then a nursery.
我在做梦吧
I'm dreaming, aren't I?
当然
'Course you are.
咱们都是梦
I'm a dream, and so are you, and so are we.
你真漂亮啊
You are a looker, aren't you?
真是个可人 威廉一定会喜欢的
A real tomato. Willie's going to just love you.
在这间房♥
And this room,
我发誓我都快能听到城市的声音了
I'd swear I could almost hear the sounds of the city.
天啊 好怀念城市的声音啊
God, I miss the sounds of the city.
汽车喇叭声总是能逗我笑
The car horns always made me laugh.
坐
Come sit.
妈妈 你别介意
Well, Momma, excuse me for saying,
但你精神不好吧
but you're just beat, aren't you?
聊聊吗
You want to talk about it?
我不知道该不该说
I'm not sure that I do.
是你的梦嘛
It's your dream.
我
I...
我之前在这好像有个婴儿床
I had one crib about here, I think.
我在上面画了蓝色的小船
I painted little boats on it, blue boats,
这样他睡着后能梦到碧水
so he'd float off to sleep and dream of blue water.
我自己画的 他很喜欢躺在里面
Painted it myself, and he was so happy in that crib,
现在床上空空的 我好难受
and it broke me, just broke me, to see it empty.
你尽力保护他们
You try and try and keep them safe.
但真的很难吧
All you can do, really, but it's hard, isn't it?
你无法永远保护他们
And you can't keep them safe forever.
对吧
Can you?
失去一个孩子
Losing a child.
有比这更糟的事吗
Do you think there's a thing worse than that?
没有
No.
没有了
I don't think there's anything worse than that.
不可能有
I don't think there could be.
我做了个梦
I had a dream,
几晚前
a few nights ago,
在暴风雨中失去了女儿
during the storm, that I lost my little girl.
我找不到她
I couldn't find her anywhere.
感觉好真实
And it felt so real.
我有次也梦到过
I dreamed I lost my little girl once.
我梦到她无缘无故喘不上气
I dreamed that she was choking on her own body for no reason.
她想呼吸 但房♥间像在水下
Just trying for air like the room was underwater,
她像坐在电椅上一样不停颤抖
and shaking like she was in the hot squat,
我梦到我坐在她旁边 抓着她的小手
and I dreamed I held her little hand and sat at her side,
待了几天 几周
and days, it took days, weeks, it took weeks
让她别呛水
for her to quit gulping that watery air,
不像海滩上的鱼那样
quit gaping at me like a fish on the beach,
但最后她停下来了
but finally she did.
她艰难地呼吸着
She breathed, ragged and hard,
变得很僵硬 一只眼睛是血红色的
and she went stiff, and one of her eyes turned red as blood,
她抖得床都在抖
and she'd shake, she'd shake so bad the bed would shake,
她抖得很快
and when she started shaking, it went fast.
一直摇
She dangled.
最后死了
She died.
我儿子
And my boy...
有一次梦到他的小腿
I once dreamed his little legs
不能动了
stopped working, they just...
不能走路
stopped one day... and he couldn't walk
他站不起来 说不了话
and he couldn't stand and he couldn't speak
只能哭
and then he couldn't do anything but cry.
边哭边撞墙
Cry and bang on the walls.
撞墙求救 找妈妈
Bang on the walls for help and bang on the walls for Momma
一直撞
and just bang, bang, bang, bang,
他都看不见了
and he couldn't even see.
最后他看不见我在陪着他
In the end, he couldn't see me there with him,
然后就不撞了 也不哭了
and then he stopped banging, he stopped crying,
死了就停了
he stopped it all once he died.
我抱着他很久 他在我怀里慢慢变凉
I held him so long that he went cold in my arms.
但这只是梦
But that was just a dream.
只是梦
Just a dream.
最糟的梦
The worst dream.
惊声尖叫
A screaming meemie.
但我醒了
But then I woke up.
他们在床上安然无恙
And they were safe in their beds.
他们真完美啊
They're perfect, aren't they?
两个小家伙真好
They're the elephant's eyebrows, those two.
你愿意为他们做任何事吧
And I bet you'd do anything for them.
是吧
Ain't that so?
是的
Yes.
如果
So what if...
他们在做梦怎么办
they was having a dream?
噩梦
I mean, bad ones.