I should get going.
你想要土葬还是火葬
Do you wanna be buried, cremated,
- 还是水葬 - 什么
- or drowned? - What?
你看见那个女人了吗
Did you see that woman?
- 什么女人 - 真奇怪
- What woman? - It's the strangest thing.
她长得简直和我前妻一模一样
She looked exactly like my ex-wife... exactly.
你不是很讨厌她吗
I thought you hated her.
是啊
I do.
但是我也爱着她
I also love her.
我懂 我明白这种感觉
I get it. I really get it.
你在这呆一会
Wait here.
塞巴斯蒂安
Sebastian.
不好意思 让您久等了
Sorry to keep you waiting.
我会间歇性地说不出话
I had a momentary inability to speak.
但是现在又可以说得很流畅
But everything feels tip-top now.
恐怕你的血检结果
I'm afraid your blood work
诉说了一场痛失挚爱的故事
tells a complicated story of love and loss.
- 你说得没错 - 什么没错
- It does? - It does what?
抱歉 你刚刚说什么
I'm sorry. What did you say?
我说你之前经历了一次轻度中风
I said you've had a minor stroke.
我也是这么觉得的
Oh, well, well, that's what I thought.
而且还有遭受更严重中风的风险
And you're at risk for a major one.
- 不该让孩子听这些吧 - 她是我的护士
- Should she be here? - She's my nurse.
玛蒂 你想先出去一下吗
Maddy, do you wanna leave?
- 不想 - 好吧
- No. - All right.
你的红细胞数量过高
Your red blood cell count... it's high.
这就好像处于地震带上的加州
It's like California and earthquakes.
谁也不知道明天会不会发生大地震
The Big One could come tomorrow.
可能是一个星期 也可能是一个月
Could be a week, a month.
- 有可能是一年吗 - 没那么久
- A year? - I didn't say a year.
你的心说它害怕了
Your heart sounds scared.
把这当成我们之间的小秘密 好吗
Hey, let's just keep this our little secret, okay?
拉钩
Pinky promise.
拉钩
Pinky promise.
有能治愈老年痴呆
Is there a cure for dementia,
或阿茨海默的药物吗 没有
Alzheimer's? No.
但是能够缓解病情吗 这是可以的
But can we treat it? Yes.
我们有精心打造的记忆疗法
With quality memory care.
在这些房♥间里 时间永远定格在上世纪六十年代
Inside of these walls, it is 1960 all day,
每天如此
every day.
美国职业棒球传奇人物
米奇·曼托为洋基队奋力击球
Mickey Mantle bats for the Yankees
艾森豪威尔还在担任美国总统
and Eisenhower sits in the Oval.
这种怀旧疗法可以安抚老人敏感的内心
Nostalgia therapy comforts the fragile mind
避免情绪失控
from... from outbursts...
不好意思 我失陪一下
Could you excuse me for one second?
- 没事 - 谢谢
- Sure. - Thank you.
杰夫 草你♥妈♥的♥
西班牙酸果先生
怎么了 兄弟
What's up, man?
- 我能在这多待一会儿吗 - 你可是杰夫·皮克斯
- Can I stay a little longer? - You're Jeff Pickles.
你想待多久都可以
You can stay as long as you want.
不是这样的 康奈尔
That's not true, Cornell.
不 我真的不介意
No, no, I really don't mind.
你应该知道吧
You should know by now
你没有探望时间的限制
that visiting hours don't apply to you.
不是 我说的是杰夫·皮克斯这件事
No, I mean you said I'm Jeff Pickles, but...
按照那里的时间来算 我还要八年才能出生
he isn't born for another eight years.
我带你看过公交站了吗
Have I shown you the bus stop?
这是在你上次到访之后才新建的
It's new since your last visit.
帮我们解决了一个大问题
Solved a big problem for us...
如果病人想要离开 该怎么办
what to do when a patient wants to leave.
现在 当他们想走的时候
So now when they get that itch to go,
看护就把他们带到这个公交车站
an aide comes and brings them to the bus stop,
他们等着等着 就会忘掉
and they wait until they forget
当初为什么想要离开
why they wanted to leave in the first place.
然后 他们就会自己回到屋里
And they just go right back inside.
但是 你不觉得你是在
But don't you feel like you're lying
欺骗这些老年痴呆症患者吗
to the elderly and demented?
对你来说 这是个谎言
A lie is for you.
对他们来说这就是现实
This is for them.
我们把这个叫做善意的蒙骗
We call it compassionate deception.
但是 公交车永远都不会来
But the bus will never come
她也永远都走不了
and she'll never get to leave.
虽然拉里不能把选票投给尼克松
And Larry'll never get to vote for Nixon.
但在这里他可以做简陋版的无酒精鸡尾酒
But he can make a mean mocktail.
大多数想离开这里的人
Most of the people who want to leave
脑海中的去处根本就不存在了
are trying to go somewhere that doesn't exist anymore.
我们难道要告诉他们 他们想去找的伴侣
Do we tell them the spouse they wanna get to
三十年前就过世了吗
died 30 years ago
还是告诉他们 他们童年的故乡已经变成沃尔玛超♥市♥了
or that their childhood home is now a Walmart?
对于他们 现实世界才是病源
Reality is the disease.
这里的虚拟生活才能帮助治疗
The fantasy is the pill.
所以说
So...
如果是为了治疗 就不算撒谎
it's not a lie if it heals.
没错
Exactly.
爸爸
Dad?
你能帮我系领带吗
Could you help me get ready?
当然可以 儿子
Sure, son.
吉尔·皮奇里洛 威尔·皮奇里洛
玛蒂·皮奇里洛-佩雷拉 塞巴斯蒂安·皮奇里洛
我第一次见到他的时候
Since first meeting him
他还是一名俄亥俄州立大学的大二学生
as an OSU sophomore,
但那时我就知道 杰夫·皮克斯
I knew Jeff Pickles would go on
日后一定能影响这个世界上
to touch countless lives
无数人的生活
around the world.
秉持着这种精神 让我们为
In that spirit, let us take a moment of silence
被其自己的政♥府♥残忍♥谋害的
to honor Filipino Mr. Pickles
菲律宾酸果先生默哀并致敬
who was brutally murdered by his own government.
如何卖♥♥掉隔壁那栋
We've been having some trouble
令人伤感又空荡荡的房♥子 一直困扰着我们
selling that sad, empty house next door,
但是我觉得如果我们把你家这块地
but I think if we combine the two lots,
和隔壁的一起买♥♥下 也许就会有人愿意
yours and his, some happy person
在这盖一座豪华的蒙特利殖民地风格的豪♥宅♥
could build a spectacular Monterey Colonial.
你说什么 你想把我家也卖♥♥了吗
Wait, what... I would sell too?
也是时候了 不是吗
It's time. Don't you agree?
是时候改变了
Change!
什么是蒙特利殖民地风格
What's a Monterey Colonial?
请等一下
Hold on.
干嘛
Hello?
你现在能过来吗
Can you come to where I am right now?
我不会去那个颁奖典礼的
I'm not going to that awards thing.
威尔也不会去 别再问了
Neither is Will. Stop asking.
迪尔德丽
Deirdre?
怎么了
What?
- 是你打的电♥话♥ 有事快说 - 是的
- You called me. - Yes.
你听到我说的话了吗
Did you hear what I said?
我现在急需医疗救治
I need immediate medical attention.
去医院啊
Go to a hospital.
这事很私密 你能不能过来一趟
It's a personal situation. Can you come here?
我和你们家...
Your family's not, you know, I'm not...
我们已经没有任何关系了
We're not related anymore.
我是你儿子的婶婶啊
I'm your son's aunt!
- 你又不是我什么人 - 我是你的大姐啊
- Which makes us... - Sisters!
你到底出什么问题了 医疗上的
What is wrong with you? Currently, I mean, medically.
我不想让联邦政♥府♥听到
I really don't want the federal government
这种私密的事情
listening in on this one.
我现在正忙着...
Well, I'm just in the middle...
求求你快过来吧
Can you please come down here?
礼拜之后, 可以带我去钓鱼吗
After church, can we go fishing?
去湖边玩吗 我喜欢
A day on the lake? I love lakes.
好主意
That's a great idea.
鲍比·莱德贝特说他前几天逮到了一条五磅的大鱼
Bobby Ledbetter said he caught a 5-pounder the other day.