So, what would you like me to do?
胡森不达目的不罢休
Well, Hooson won't give up.
他是文法学校出生
He's a grammar school boy,
我觉得他喜欢挖别人黑料
I think he likes scrapping in the yard.
很明显 这个斯考特
And, apparently, this Scott
62年就在警局录了口供
made a statement to the police back in '62.
全是谎言 但事件本身可能会被误读
It's a pack of lies but its sheer existence could be misread.
那又能多糟糕
Would that be so bad?
我们都要面对些微中伤
We can all bear a little scandal.
我娶了名女演员 我亲妈都不认我了
My own mother disowned me when I married an actress,
我还不是熬过来了
and I survived.
-贝丽尔怎么样了 -还在跳舞
- How is Beryl? - Still dancing.
我觉得事情
See, I think it's different
牵扯到同性恋 就不一样了
when the lies are homosexual in nature,
因为我觉得这样的谎言
because I think stories like that
会对整个议会产生严重的负面影响
reflect badly on the whole of Parliament.
我只是觉得或许你该建议警方
I just thought that perhaps you could suggest to the police
让他们去忙更重要的事情
that they busy themselves with more important things.
是真的吗 斯考特说的话
Is it true? What Scott says?
不是
No.
包在我身上
Consider it done.
-谢谢 -包在我身上 别再出这种事了
- Thank you. - Consider it done, and no more.
我们遇到一个问题
We've hit a problem,
伦敦警♥察♥委员会
the commission of the Metropolitan Police
找不到任何证据
can't find any substance
证明斯考特先生的指控
to Mr Scott's allegations.
非常感激 埃姆林...
You're very kind, Emlyn...
但现在真的已经不重要了
but it doesn't really matter any more.
我只是觉得如果斯考特先生有什么证据的话
I just thought that if Mr Scott had any evidence...
我能和他通话吗
can I speak to him?
我一直在犯傻
'I've been very silly.'
我做的这些事情
I do these things.
满腔激♥情♥ 他们就这样来来去去
Have these little passions and they sweep in and they sweep out.
抱歉 我没有听懂
Sorry, I don't think I understand.
他们嘲笑我
They laughed at me.
他们全都嘲笑我
They all laughed at me.
寡妇爱上了一个
The widow woman falling for a boy
心里揣着别人的男孩
who was already in love with someone else.
愚蠢
Stupid.
抱歉 我真的没听懂
Sorry, I really don't understand.
这事结束了 胡森先生
Look, the matter is closed, Mr Hooson.
你回到你的世界 然后我会
You go back to your world and I'll, uh...
我会呆在我的世界
I'll just stay in mine
因为我会完全完全没问题
because I'm going to be perfectly, perfectly fine.
你还好吗
Are you all right?
我按过门铃但是她不回应
I tried ringing but she won't answer.
格温 有人吗
Gwen. Hello there.
-格温 你在吗 -这真热
- Gwen, are you in? - Bloody hell, it's hot.
格温
Gwen.
难以辨认身份
Hard to identify.
他们认为尸体已经有几周了
They think the body's been there for weeks
暖气还一直开到最大
with the heating on full blast.
我出门了 我去了伦敦
I was away. I was in London.
我们得等待验尸结果 但
We'll have to wait for the inquest, but...
床边有一些药片和酒
there were some pills and some alcohol by the bed.
我真的很抱歉
I'm so sorry.
发生了一系列糟糕的事
It's a terrible set of circumstances
但既然那位不幸的女士已逝
but, given the poor lady's passing,
我们得将此事视为已终结
I think we have to consider the matter closed.
-感激不尽 -谢谢
- Gracious of you. - Thank you.
你向斯考特先生致哀了吗
Did you give Mr Scott your sympathies?
是的 我传达了我的哀痛之情
I passed on my condolences, yes.
你用的语调肯定跟我妻子去世时
No doubt you used the same tone of voice
你向我表示同情的语调相同
as when you offered me sympathy for my dead wife.
谢谢 埃姆林 你退下吧
Thank you, Emlyn. You are dismissed.
大卫 过来 我们有活要干
David, come, we have work to do.
加利福尼亚州
杰里米说要在美国杀了他
Jeremy says kill him in America.
我觉得佛罗里达不错
So I thought Florida.
这里是大赛普里斯沼泽
You see, this one is called Big Cypress Swamp.
我们把他引到这里 枪杀他
So we lure him there, shoot him dead,
把他沉入沼泽
chuck him in the swamp, plop,
他沉到底 完事
he sinks to the bottom - gone.
或者他会被鳄鱼吃掉
Or he gets eaten by alligators.
-那更好 -你愿意开枪吗
- Even better. - And you would do the actual shooting?
-可以吧 -怎么枪杀他
- I suppose so. - Shoot him how?
打穿他的头
Through the head.
大卫 你实际上不想这么做对吧
David, you don't really want to do this, do you?
天哪 不想
Oh, my God, no.
-我真高兴 -这简直疯了
- I'm so glad. - Bloody hell, it's insane.
-特别疯狂对吧 -简直发癫
- Bit bonkers, isn't it? - It's bloody nuts.
但你觉得他是说真的吗
Do you think he seriously means it, though?
你觉得杰里米真想让他去死
Do you think Jeremy really wants him dead?
对 有时候我觉得是
Sometimes I do, yes.
我也是 见鬼
So do I. Shit.
然后我们就在这里和鳄鱼合谋
And here we are, plotting with alligators.
太令人震惊了 他对我们的掌控力
It's astonishing, the hold he has over us.
奇怪 是不是
Strange, isn't it?
我家里也有自己的小情郎 杰拉德
Because I've got that bloke of mine at home, Gerald.
那很棒
It's magic.
但接着我去伦敦 碰到杰里米 然后
But then I go to London and there's Jeremy and...
我爱他
I love him.
他这么嚣张 我们居然愿意
It amazes me that we all go to such lengths to protect him
做到这一步来保护他
when he's so bloody overt.
他特别擅长隐藏在光天化日之下
He's perfected the art of hiding in plain sight.
他喜欢这个
I think he likes it.
这么做的风险性 这是个游戏
The danger of it. It's a game.
但你能做到吗 大卫
Could you do it, though, David?
你能杀人吗
Could you kill someone?
真的吗
Really?
我会找人去做
I'd get someone else to do it.
-你会吗 -要是我找得到人的话
- Would you? - If I could find people, yeah.
我们来保证你永远也找不到
Well, let's make sure that you never do.
我们对杰里米装一下
We'll pretend to Jeremy.
我们告诉他我们都设计好了
We'll tell him we set it all up,
这场在佛罗里达对诺曼的谋杀
the murder, in Florida, and Norman...
然后出了岔子
and that something went wrong.
我们就说诺曼没露面
We'll say that Norman just didn't turn up.
-这有点站不住脚 -起码他觉得我们试过了
- That's a bit lame. - Well, at least he'll think that we tried.
好消息是
Of course, the good thing is
杰里米每隔几年就会忘掉诺曼·斯考特
that Jeremy forgets Norman Scott every few years.
我们就拖延到他永远忘记这事
Let's just keep putting him off until he forgets for good.
可能行得通 最近他脑子里想着别的呢
Might work. He's got other things on his mind these days.
他又要结婚了
He's getting married again.
-天哪 -哈伍德女伯爵玛丽恩
- Oh, good God. - Marian, Countess of Harwood.
婚礼如何 顺便恭喜您
How was the wedding? Congratulations, by the way.
非常感谢 我们都由衷的高兴
Thank you very much indeed. We are absolutely delighted.
这不是什么大事
It was a relatively modest affair.
先去帕丁顿民政局登记
Paddington registry office.
然后到威斯敏斯特教堂接受祝福
And then Westminster Abbey for the blessing.
接着是请亲朋好友的婚宴
Followed by luncheon for family and friends.
只有四十位客人
I think it was only 40 guests.
我们想让它特别点
We wanted to make it special.
我们分享了很多鲁伯特母亲的快乐回忆
We shared many happy memories of Rupert's mother.
-很有爱 -确实
- It was lovely. - We did indeed.
索普 约翰·杰里米
Thorpe, John Jeremy.
大选
1974年3月
自♥由♥党
Liberal Party.
34052票
34,052.
我特此宣布杰里米·索普当选
I hereby declare that Jeremy Thorpe is the MP
-北德文郡选区议员 -谢谢
- for the North Devon constituency. - Thank you.