前情提要
源于真实事件
1975年10月
议会大厦
1976年4月
《星期天泰♥晤♥士♥报♥》
杰里米·索普 我给斯考特写信的内容
1976年5月10日
二人均在死后被控娈童
普勒斯顿监狱 一年后
1977年10月
他们雇我杀斯考特
加利福利亚
迈因赫德警♥察♥局
前英国足球运动员
大选
别只空想更好的生活 靠投票选
中♥央♥刑事法♥院♥
柴可夫斯基的同名舞曲中角色
前自♥由♥党领袖开始受审
索普在中♥央♥刑事法♥院♥
《九点新闻》
同性恋酒吧 这里的培根是二十世纪艺术家 并非那位思想家
我是同性恋我骄傲 同性恋不是病
通向法庭
布里斯顿同性恋
杰里米·索普再未重返政坛
1985年 他被诊断出患有帕金森病
玛丽恩去世前一直在照顾他
彼得·贝塞尔再未回到英国
他娶了黛安·凯莉 于1985年去世
大卫·霍姆斯成了卡姆登区的旱冰迪斯科舞厅经理
首席法官坎特雷广受嘲笑讥讽
玛丽恩·索普于2014年去世
九个月之后 杰里米去世
诺曼·斯考特依然健在
他养了11条狗
他依然没有拿到
社保卡
诺曼
Norman.
你是我的小兔兔吗
Are you my little Bunny?
当然了 我们还有一件事没解决
Of course, we still have that unfinished business,
苏格兰的那件事
the Scottish matter.
别管诺曼·斯考特了
Leave Norman Scott alone.
这不是什么大事
It was a relatively modest affair.
有个从加拿大来的人要杀你
There is a man coming from Canada to kill you.
加拿大
Canada?
他想打死我
He tried to shoot me!
-谁 -杰里米·索普
- Who did? - Jeremy Thorpe!
是杰里米·索普干的 是杰里米·索普
Jeremy Thorpe did this! It was Jeremy Thorpe!
我很抱歉
I'm sorry,
但这是真的
but it's true.
我跟杰里米·索普曾有一段同性性关系
I had a homosexual relationship with Jeremy Thorpe,
如果有谁想让我死 是他无疑
and if anyone wants to see me dead, it is him.
再说一遍
Now, tell me that again.
我跟杰里米·索普有一段恋情
I had an affair with Jeremy Thorpe.
杰里米·索普是议会议员
Jeremy Thorpe is a Member of Parliament...
还是一位极受人尊敬的人
And a highly respected man.
决不允许一个说谎的小基佬侮辱他
He is NOT to be abused by a lying little queer!
我是艾德娜·弗兰德希普夫人
My name is Mrs Edna Friendship.
我来这里是为了诺曼·斯考特
I'm here about Norman Scott.
很抱歉我们不允许...
I'm afraid we're not allowing any...
想杀斯考特先生的人
Mr Scott's would-be assassin
年纪30出头
is in his early 30s,
棕发 留着小胡子
with brown hair and a moustache.
在10月12日周日
On Sunday the 12th of October,
这个男士出现在
said gentleman was seen in the vicinity
巴恩斯特普的集市小旅馆附近
of the Market Inn, barnstaple,
身穿一件红色运动夹克
wearing a red rally jacket
开着一辆黄色本♥田♥
and driving a yellow Honda,
车牌号♥589LFT
registration 589 LFT.
你可以这辈子都呆在前台 小家伙
Now, you can stay on the front desk all your life, sonny,
或者把这些交上去 给自己谋个升职
or you can pass on this information and get yourself promoted.
快点
Come on!
进去
Get in.
安德鲁·牛顿先生
Mr Andrew Newton?
或许我是
Maybe I am.
-他们逮捕了安德鲁·牛顿 -老天
- They've arrested Andrew Newton... - Christ...
但我们可以信任他
But we can trust him.
他没有提你的名字
He's kept your name out of it.
他说诺曼·斯考特试图勒索他
He said that Norman Scott tried to blackmail him
因为他按杂♥志♥刊登的找女性服务
when he looking for ladies' services in a magazine.
牛顿会说他很生气 给了狗一枪
Newton will say he got angry, he shot the dog,
都是个愚蠢的错误
it was all a silly mistake.
他很有可能会蹲监狱 大概12个月
It's likely that he'll go to prison, maybe 12 months...
但这个他能忍♥ 他愿意这么做
But that's bearable. He will do it.
他愿意蹲监狱
He will serve the time
前提是出狱时能收到五千英镑
if he receives £5,000 on his release.
我可以通过约翰·勒·梅苏里尔付钱
Now, I can pay the money via John Le Mesurier.
好了 搞定了 我们花钱让他闭嘴了
That's it, we're done, we've bought his silence.
约翰·勒·梅苏里尔
John Le Mesurier?
-不是同名的演员 -当然
- Not the actor. - Obviously.
-不是《老爸上战场》的演员 -当然不是
- Not the one from Dad's Army. - Yes, obviously.
-他和哈蒂·杰克斯有过一段婚姻 -大卫
- He was married to Hattie Jacques for a while. - David.
转钱的事就交给他
He can handle the transaction.
约翰·勒·梅苏里尔 不是那个演员
John Le Mesurier, not the actor.
跟我们没关系
It's nothing to do with us.
但是 你认识约翰·勒·梅苏里尔 对吗
Except you know John Le Mesurier, yes?
-是的 -而你是我儿子的教父
- Yes. - And you're godfather to my son.
-是 -所以这明显能联♥系♥到我
- Yes. - So there's a very clear connection back to me.
天啊 大卫
Jesus Christ, David!
-不要 -不不不 别告诉我
- Don't... - No, no, don't tell me, don't tell me.
我什么都不知道 我不知道
I don't know any of this. I mean, I don't.
我不知道 我从不知道 我完全不知道
I don't, do I? I never have. I literally, I do not know -
你要保持这样 你个白♥痴♥
and you will keep it that way. You idiot!
诺曼·斯考特会全盘托出的
Norman Scott will talk.
但他不知道这些能联♥系♥到你
But he doesn't know any of this is connected to you.
不过这些真的能联♥系♥到我
Except it is connected to me,
而你现在把他推到了舞台中间
and now you have given him centre stage.
你把那个愚蠢的满嘴胡话的男人推上了法庭
You have put that stupid babbling man in a court
连带一把枪 一个动机和一只死狗
with a gun and a motive and a dead dog -
除此之外 他还是个娘炮
and on top of that, he's a bloody fairy!
他会爱死这个的
He will love it!
大人 这一切都是对正义的扭曲
My Lord, this whole thing is a travesty of justice,
指责那个持枪的男子是一回事
because blaming that man with the gun is one thing,
而我要指责的是背后给他命令的人
but I blame the man who gave him orders,
那个想让我死的人
the man who wants me dead.
那个曾跟我有过多年激烈
The man with whom I had a vigorous sexual relationship
性关系的男人
for very many years -
那个男人就是杰里米·索普
and that man is Jeremy Thorpe.
-早安 -早安
- Good morning. - Good morning.
你跟斯考特先生是什么关系
What's your relationship with Mr Scott?
早安约翰 早安 艾德里安
Hello, John. Morning, Adrian.
你是否和他有过性关系...
Did you have a sexual relationship...
索普先生
Mr Thorpe...
我今天很忙
I'm afraid I have a very busy day,
祝所有人日安
so good day to you all.
你会辞职吗 索普先生
Will you stand down, Mr Thorpe?
很高兴见到你们
Nice to see you.
这篇说你令人作呕
This one calls you nauseous...
再看看《世界新闻报》
And look at the News of the World.
"他的话的可信度还不够绞死一只猫"
"No-one would hang a cat on his word."
这个最糟了
This is the worst.
"一个古怪绝望的男人
"An erratic and desperate man,
专心致志进行人格诽谤"
set on character assassination."
或许我应该拍一些新照片
Maybe I should get some new photographs taken.
诺曼 你乐在其中吗
Norman, are you enjoying this?
-不 -你让舰队街[报社集中地]开始猛攻
- No. - You've got Fleet Street on the attack,
他们循着血味就来了
and they smell blood.
如果我是你 我会保持低调
If I were you, I'd lay low.
我才不
I will not!
我已经低调够了 非常感谢你
I've had quite enough of that, thank you very much.
我就只需要证明他在撒谎
I just need to prove that he's lying,
因为多年前我有证据
because I had evidence, years ago.
我有杰里米·索普写的信
I had letters from Jeremy Thorpe,
但我把信交给警♥察♥了
but I gave them to the police.
他们怎么处理那些信的
What did they do with them?
我不知道 他们把信归档了之类的吧
I don't know, they put them on file, or whatever the word is -
但警♥察♥什么证据都留着 对吗
but the police keep everything, don't they?
如果信还在那儿呢