Letters from Scott to you, Mr Bessell,
详细写到了你付给他的封口费
detailing money paid by you to him as a retainer.
定期支付 付了很多年
Regular payments over many years.
-你在哪里找到的 -就在你之前放的地方
- Where did you find them? - Exactly where you left them.
这些从你的办公室到了《周日镜报》
From your office they went to the Sunday Mirror,
然后从那里到了我们手上
and from them to us -
然后我就来加利福利亚出差了
and I get a trip to California as a result,
还得感谢你
so thank you for that.
彼得 这上面到处都是你的名字
Peter, your name is all over this.
你得申请豁免权
You need to ask for immunity.
你得找律师现在就申请豁免
You need a lawyer and you need immunity right now.
只要你开口作证
We've agreed to consider immunity,
我们同意考虑豁免权
if you speak up.
你老婆早就说过
This is exactly what your wife said.
索普要是倒了
She said that Thorpe would fall one day
他会把你拉下水
and he would take you with him.
我请求你把老友情谊放一边
I'm asking you to put aside that old pals act
先关注更重要的事情
for something more important -
真♥相♥
the truth.
-下午好 -先生 这边请
- Good afternoon. - This way, sir.
不会太久
It won't take long.
来得及回家吃晚饭 一旦他们正式审问你
Home for supper. Once they've officially questioned you
这个牛顿小伙子的情况 媒体就终于能闭嘴了
about this Newton chap, the press might finally shut up.
下午好 索普先生
Good afternoon, Mr Thorpe.
大卫阁下 我是警务长迈克尔·沙勒
Sir David. My name's Chief Superintendent Michael Challes.
我相信你能理解
Now, I'm sure you'll appreciate
-我的委托人非常忙 -约翰·杰里米·索普
- that my client's a very busy man. - John Jeremy Thorpe,
我现在以你在1975年10月24日周五
I'm arresting you for conspiracy to murder Norman Scott
共谋谋杀诺曼·斯考特的罪名逮捕你
on Friday the 24th of October 1975,
外加雇凶杀人罪
with the further charge of incitement to murder.
我得提醒你 你有权保持沉默
I must caution you that you're not obliged to say anything
除非你自己愿意说
unless you wish to do so,
但你所说的或将成为呈堂证供
but what you do say may be given in evidence.
我非常抱歉
I'm so sorry.
请在这等待一下其他人
If you could just wait here for the others.
索普先生
Mr Thorpe.
很高兴见到你 先生 荣幸之至
Very nice to meet you, sir. Very great honour.
虽然是在这么尴尬的情况下
Albeit in these difficult circumstances.
-真♥他♥妈♥乱透了 -我叫约翰·勒·梅苏里尔
- Fucking mess, this is. - My name's John Le Mesurier.
很显然不是那个演员
Not the actor, obviously.
我一直都投给自♥由♥党的 先生
I've always voted Liberal, sir.
-浪费选票 -可别这么无礼
- Waste of a vote. - There's no need to be rude!
我的律师是斯温西人
My solicitor is from Swansea.
我敢说他的律师是从日内瓦坐飞机来的
I bet he's had his flown in from Geneva.
你就看着他是怎么坑死我们的吧
You watch him stitch us up.
-行了 别说了 -你闭嘴吧 大卫
- All right now, leave it. - Oh, you can shut it, David!
还是说我们从没见过
Or have we never met?
抱歉了 我不认识你 对吗
Oh, sorry, don't know you, do I?
你这个混♥蛋♥
You bumhole!
准备上庭了
Ready for you.
你如何抗辩 索普先生
How do you plead, Mr Thorpe?
我强烈反对这些指控 不认罪
I will vigorously defend these charges and plead not guilty.
先生们 你们的案件将于9月12日发回重审
Gentlemen, you will be remanded until the 12th of September
每人的保释金为五千镑
on bail of £5,000 each.
-那些下三滥的人是谁 是谁 -快开车
- Who were those awful men? Who were they? - I said, just drive!
他们还在地毯公♥司♥上班
They worked in carpets?!
-我正在尝试 -我知道
- I am, I'm trying. - I know,
什么时候歹徒也能在地毯公♥司♥上班了
since when did gangsters work in carpets?
-我的天呐 快开走 -他们还是威尔士人
- For God's sake, just get us out! - And they were Welsh!
为什么他们是威尔士人
Why were they Welsh?
-抱歉 我... 这是新车 -快开
- Sorry, I...new car. - Drive!
问题是 谁在法庭上代表你
The question is, who's going to represent you in court?
新闻每天都在报道你
The papers are trying you on a daily basis.
你需要一名非凡的律师
You'll need someone remarkable.
先生 请容我推荐乔治·卡曼
If I might suggest, sir, George Carman.
-我们是牛津的同学 -他厉害吗
- We were at Oxford. - Is he good?
看情况吧 他是个酒鬼加赌鬼
Well, it depends. He's a drinker and a gambler,
他第二任妻子离开了他和乔治·贝斯特在一起了
and his second wife left him for George Best.
他很厉害 我见过他为那个在巴特西
Oh, he's good. I saw him defend the manager of that big dipper
杀了五个小孩的过山车经理辩护
at Battersea, the one that killed five children.
让他无罪释放了 把责任推给出问题的设备
Got him off scot-free, blamed the nuts and bolts.
这是我见过最成功的辩护了
It was one of the finest things I've ever seen.
对孩子的家长来说可不是
Not for the parents.
可不是 他毫无怜悯之心
Oh, quite. He was merciless.
这正是我们需要的
That's what we need.
还得看他是否自♥由♥了[有没有空]It depends if he's free.
他会想接这个案子的 对吗
He'd want this, wouldn't he?
肯定没比这个还大的案子了
Surely no case could be bigger.
不 我是说 这要看他现在是不是自♥由♥身了
No, I mean, it depends it depends if HE'S free.
他们放你走了 乔治
They're letting you go, George.
天知道你是怎么脱罪的
God knows how you get away with it.
我上面有人
I have friends in high places.
下面更是有人罩着
Even better friends in low places.
-再见了 迪基 -再见
- Goodbye, Dickie! - Bye!
别再惹事了
And try to stay out of trouble, eh?
别假惺惺的了 下周见
Let's not pretend. I'll see you next week.
给我换条毯子 那条太粗糙了
Get me another blanket, that one is so coarse.
谢谢你 亲爱的
Thank you, my dear.
你好 我的老天 很抱歉我迟到了
Hello. Good God, I'm sorry I'm late.
我发誓 我之前保证会准时到的 真心道歉
I swear, I promised I'd be on time. I do apologise.
你好 我有点事 我...
Hello. There was this thing, I was just...
算了不说了 抱歉 抱歉 抱歉
Well, never mind. Sorry, sorry, sorry.
没关系 乔治
Not at all, George.
-这招很聪明 -稍等
- It's a very good trick. - Er, hold on.
你的助理给我泡了杯咖啡
Your girl made me a coffee.
她非常好 很机灵 她叫什么名字
She's very good, very sharp. What's her name?
珍妮弗
Jennifer.
不知道怎么放杯子而不留下咖啡渍
I don't know where to put this without leaving a ring,
不过也无所谓了 对吗
although it doesn't really matter, does it?
好了 十分荣幸再次见到你 杰里米
Anyway, very great honour to see you again, Jeremy.
大卫阁下 这事真麻烦 不是吗
Sir David. This is a mess, isn't it?
你真是惹上了一个大♥麻♥烦
What a great big stinking mess you've got yourself into.
怎么办
What trick?
这位迟到的人一下子就掌控了这间屋子
The person who's late is immediately in charge of the room.
我想说 恭喜你
I want to say, congratulations.
-为什么 -从没有一位议会成员
- What for? - These are the greatest charges
遭受过如此指控
ever levelled against a Member of Parliament -
而270年来 下议会一直都充斥着
and considering the House of Commons has had 270 years
混♥蛋♥ 骗子 变♥态♥
of bastards, liars, perverts,
小偷 勒索者 乱♥伦♥子和纵火犯
thieves, blackmailers, inbreds and arsonists,
这倒真的是个成就
that really is quite an achievement.
说正事吧
To business.
我觉得破坏此次起诉的最佳办法就是
Now, I think the best way to undermine the prosecution
扳倒共谋谋杀的指控
is to tackle them on conspiracy to murder.
有道理
It's a fair point.
但被告为自己辩护 就是场灾难
When the defendant defends himself, it's a disaster.
你离开牛津时是三等毕业生 而我是一等毕业生
You left Oxford with a third. I left Oxford with a first.
-确实 -谢谢
- Granted. - Thank you.
那我给二位一个任务
Then I have a task for both of you.
庭审4月30号♥开始
The trial starts on April the 30th,
但卡拉汉宣布了5月3号♥开始大选
but Callaghan has announced the general election for May the 3rd,
所以我需要延后♥庭♥审
so I need the trial delayed.
你要参加大选
You're standing for election?
-当然 -这明智吗
- Of course I am. - Is that wise?
斯佩莱 安东尼 保守党
Speller, Antony, Conservative Party
31811票
31,811 votes.
索普 约翰·杰里米 自♥由♥党
Thorpe, John Jeremy, Liberal Party
23338票
23,338 votes.
沃 奥伯龙 爱狗党
Waugh, Auberon, Dog Lovers' Party
79票
79 votes.
我宣布安东尼·斯佩莱被选为议员
I declare Antony Speller duly elected as Member of Parliament...