我没事
I'm fine.
你可能想知道为什么我一把老骨头还想帮忙
You might wonder why an old kidney like me would want to help.
但我见过法律的力量
But I've seen what the law can do.
我哥哥
My brother...
-第七任伯爵 -从小就弯成钩了
- ..The seventh Earl... - Queer as springtime.
我们小时候
When we were children,
在幼儿园
in the nursery,
我会伸手
I'd reach out...
每晚
every night,
握着他的手直到他睡着 但是
held his hand until he slept, but...
他
he...
他太聪明
..He was such a clever boy.
他翻译了《三个火枪手》 你知道吗
He translated The Three Musketeers, did you know?
企鹅经典书系
The Penguin Classic.
有不少男人 上吊 服毒 开煤气
And the deaths go on by hanging, by poison, by gas -
因恐惧羞愧而自杀
men killing themselves through fear and shame.
我觉得不是自杀
And I don't think it's suicide.
是谋杀
I think it's murder.
谋杀他们的是这个国家的法律
They are murdered by the laws of the land.
这种情况必须停止了
And I think it's time it stopped.
我们现在正处在一个得天独厚的位置
Now we stand in a unique position
改变法律
to change the law
拯救他们的生命
and save their lives.
你愿意投票给我吗
Have I got your vote?
你说什么了
And what did you say?
我说我同意
Well, I said yes.
我当然同意
Of course I said yes.
天 你把我当成什么人了
My God, what kind of man do you take me for?
光是想想都觉得很惊奇
It's astonishing to think,
要是里奥·阿布斯赢了 就有自♥由♥
if Leo Abse wins, there will be freedom.
那些男人就可以光明正大地被别人可怜了
Those men will be free to be pitied, that's all.
我不管他们怎么更改法律
I don't care what change they make to the law,
如果我自己的事被公开
if anything about me ever became public,
我向你保证 彼得
I give you my word, Peter,
我就吞枪自杀
I would put a gun to my head and blow my brains out.
我会像以往一样保护你
Then, I shall protect you, as ever.
-谢谢 -不客气
- Thank you. - Not at all.
我们明天再见 受够这些烂事了
Well, I shall see you tomorrow. Enough of this nonsense.
-还有工作要完成 -激动人心的未来在等你
- There's work to be done. - Exciting times ahead.
-非常非常令人激动 是啊 -非常非常
- Very, very, very exciting, yes. - "Very, very, very."
非常非常非常 行了 走吧
"Very, very, very, very, very..." Get out, come on.
大选 巴恩斯特普
索普 约翰·杰里米 自♥由♥党
Thorpe - John Jeremy, Liberal Party.
16797票
16,797.
党内领袖选举结果如下
And the leadership election stands as follows.
党内领袖选举
胡森先生和卢伯克先生退出
Mr Hooson and Mr Lubbock withdraw,
所以杰里米·索普先生当选自♥由♥党领袖
so Mr Jeremy Thorpe is elected leader of the Liberal Party.
谢谢
Thank you.
-杰里米 -非常感谢 谢谢
- Jeremy! - Thank you very much. Thank you.
佩德罗 最优秀的人胜选了
Pedro. The best man won.
*他是个大好人 他是个大好人*
*For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow*
*他是个大好人*
*For he's a jolly good fellow*
*大家都这么说*
*And so say all of us.*
我以我祖父的剑发誓
I swear on my grandfather's sword
我会领导自♥由♥党大杀四方
that I shall lead a Liberal crusade!
你是一个多世纪以来
You're the youngest man
英国最年轻的政党领袖
to lead a British political party in more than a century.
小皮特他当选的时候比我更年轻
Well, Pitt the Younger was, well, younger.
他当首相时才24岁
He was 24 when he became Prime Minister,
所以我已经落后了
so you could say I'm behind schedule.
-你下一步打算当首相吗 -你笑了
- Is that the plan - Prime Minister? - Well, you laugh...
佩德罗 我得出了一个很重要的结论
Pedro, I've come to a very important conclusion.
要是我想再上一层楼 最好结婚
If I'm to get any further, I had better get married.
是吗 你的意中人是谁 王太后吗
Really? Who do you have in mind, the Queen Mother?
我是认真的 我和迈克·斯蒂尔谈过
I'm absolutely serious. I spoke to Mike Steele.
像斯芬克斯一样成谜的迈克 我请教下
The splendid and sphinx-like Mike, a question -
我结婚会对我们的民调指数
how would it affect our ratings in the polls
有什么影响
if I were to get married?
天啊 应该对你有利吧
Gosh, well, it might do you some good.
人们不相信单身汉
People don't trust a bachelor.
我们也许能提高2%
We might go up by 2%.
真的吗 5%呢
Really? How about five?
5%吗 那就5%
Shall we say five? 5% it is.
有一个突出的问题
There is one obvious problem.
我闭紧眼睛 咬紧牙关 几个月之后
I'll close my eyes, grit my teeth and then after a few months,
就说"我又累又老还阳痿 亲爱的"
I'll say, "I'm tired and old and impotent, darling,"
-就跟她断了 -那男人们呢
- and that'll be that. - What about the men?
什么男人们
What men?
都一样 要是不想让她抱怨
All the same, if she's not going to complain,
你就得找个生活一直安逸的女孩
you'll need to find a girl who's led a sheltered life.
那我就这么办
Then that is what I shall do.
我让她成为世界上最幸福的女孩
I'll make her the luckiest girl in the world.
开始狩猎吧
Let the hunt begin.
都柏林
非常好 非常好
Oh, it's good. It's very good.
我告诉你问题在哪
It's... I'll tell you what it is,
它的内衬让整件衣服显得廉价
it's the lining makes it look cheap.
要换成芥末黄或者猩红色
If that was in mustard or scarlet,
然后这衣服就有活力了
then I think that would really come alive.
天啊 你可真有眼光
Oh, my God. You've got quite an eye.
听着 你是最幸运的那种男人
Mind you, you are one of those very lucky men -
你穿什么都好看
you'd look good in anything.
天啊
Oh, my goodness!
营业中
打烊
来啊 笑一个
Go on, give us a smile.
戴上眼镜
Pop the glasses on.
再露出内衬
Flash us the lining again.
再风♥骚♥一点 很好
A bit more saucy. That's good.
你非常擅长做这行
You are very, very good at this.
伊芙需要个你这么高的模特
Now, Eve needs someone exactly your height,
-明早十点 -我真的很适合吗
- tomorrow at ten o'clock. - Am I really, though?
我哪里好了 我不明白
Why am I good, do you think? I don't understand.
我怎么就那么厉害
What am I doing that's good?
真棒 诺曼 好了 向左转
That's great, Norman. OK, I want you to turn to the left.
不错 保持住
Yeah, that's nice. Hold that.
可人儿 你真是有天赋
Oh, gorgeous! You're a natural!
太棒了 诺曼
That's great, Norman.
来自东方的希望
给你的衣橱增添一点异域风情
我不相信这些吹捧
I can hardly believe all the fuss.
毕竟我就是一个贝克里斯黑斯来的穷小子
I'm just a boy from Bexleyheath, after all.
帕特里克说他们特别喜欢
Patrick said that they love it.
他说他们特别喜欢你
He said that they love you
想让你周四回去拍封面
and they want you back on Thursday for the cover!
我的天啊
Oh, my goodness!
左边再多露出来一点 往这边倾斜
Show us more of your left side. Lean this way.
对 对
Yeah, yeah.
太有感觉了
Wow, that's great.
太棒了
Oh, nice, yes.
美誉杂♥志♥
北德文郡
我们一点都没听说
We knew nothing about it.
婚礼日期我们想尽量保密
Well, we tried to keep the wedding day a secret,
但你们比我们机智
but you lot outfoxed us.
我费了九牛二虎之力 劝他度蜜月
I had the devil's work, talking him into a honeymoon.
-杰里米总是这么忙 -但不再是这样了
- Jeremy is always so busy. - But not any more.
我必须承认 我们俩从嬉笑调情
I must say, what started as a dalliance
进一步发展成夫妻 这很惊喜
sustained to something quite wonderful.
我来自贝克里斯黑斯 但我妈妈是在国外
I may be from Bexleyheath but my mother became pregnant abroad,
神秘怀孕的 我爸爸可能是任何人
mysteriously, so my father could be anyone.
集中精神 诺曼
Just concentrate, Norman.
看着我 别碰球 把它放回原处
Look at me. Leave the ball, leave the ball where it is.
你玩得太投入了