He's so hungry.
去找点吃的来
Go and get some food.
我们一点钱都没有
We don't have any money.
给我的孩子拿点食物来
Just get my child some food.
苏
Sue?
你干什么 苏 你干什么
What are you doing? Sue? What are you doing?
求求你 听我说 不不 苏
Please, listen to me. No, no, no. Sue.
求你了 不不不
Please. No, no, no.
我很抱歉 我
I'm sorry, I...
非凡迈克 有什么事情吗
Splendid Mike, how can I help?
抱歉 警♥察♥来了 他们想跟你谈谈
I'm sorry, the police are here. They'd like a word.
怎么了
What is it?
出什么事了
What's happened?
目击者称车祸发生时 车辆正沿着
Witnesses say the car was driving along the A303 in Hampshire
汉普郡的A303道行驶
when the collision occurred.
卡洛琳·索普是独自旅行
Caroline Thorpe was travelling alone
另一位驾驶员仅受轻伤
and the other driver only sustained minor injuries.
首相已表示哀悼
The Prime Minister has expressed his condolences.
索普夫人去世时才32岁
Mrs Thorpe was 32 years old.
她在1968年春天嫁给了杰里米·索普
She married Jeremy Thorpe in the spring of 1968,
他们育有一子 鲁伯特
and they had one son, Rupert.
北德文郡
鲁伯特在哪儿
Where's Rupert?
先生
Sir.
我的鲁伯特到底在哪儿
Where's my Rupert, then?
在这儿
There we are.
我们也许永远不会知道
We may never know
她是...
whether she...
向下看了一眼还是
looked down or...
在驾驶时有一瞬间睡着了
fell asleep at the wheel just for a second,
但是她突然转向对面车道
but she swerved into the opposite lane.
一辆13吨♥重的卡车
A 13-tonne lorry.
她翻了过去 落在车顶上
She flipped over, landed on the roof,
打滑 停住
skidded along, stopped.
当时还活着
Was still alive.
当警♥察♥救她出来时 她还在跟他们说话
Spoke to the police while they were cutting her out.
有人告诉我她道了歉
I'm told she apologised
因为造成了麻烦
for the inconvenience.
她在抵达医院前就去世了
Dead by the time she got to hospital,
脾脏破裂
ruptured spleen.
总部的所有人都表达了哀悼
Everyone at headquarters sends their condolences.
谢谢你
Thank you.
当然 如果有一个奇迹的话
Of course, if there's one miracle,
那就是鲁伯特当时没和她在一起
it's that Rupert wasn't with her.
-感谢上帝 -现在以他为重
- Thank God. - Yah, it's all about him now.
我母亲说他不会记得她
My mother says he won't remember her...
可是我
..But I...
我认为他会
..I say he will.
显然 在葬礼安排或跟选民交谈方面
Obviously, if there's anything we can do to help with arrangements
如果有任何我们能做的事
for the funeral or talking to your constituents...
我们觉得应该举♥行♥些纪念仪式
We thought some sort of memorial might be a good idea.
谢谢你 迈克
Thank you, Mike.
还有你回去工作的问题
And there's the question of your returning to work.
会不会有点太早了
Well, it's a bit soon for that.
无意冒犯 迈克
I didn't mean to cause offence, Mike,
我只是很务实而已
I'm just being practical.
我肯定你会感激我的 杰里米
And I'm sure you appreciate that, Jeremy.
国家大事一刻不得松懈
The affairs of state are relentless
所以如果你需要我介入的话
so if you need me to step in,
你跟我说就好了
then you only have to say.
该死的埃姆林·胡森
Emlyn bloody Hooson.
一直都想抢我的位置
Wants my job. Always did.
我还以为你会支持我的
I thought I'd have you at my side,
贝塞尔 会好好打一仗
Besselli, to fight the good fight,
但你反倒给我更大的负担了
but now you're giving me more burden.
我别无选择 我不只是离开议会
I've got no choice, I'm not just leaving Parliament.
我觉得我也许会出国 趁我还有机会
I think I might have to get out of the country while I still can.
这事你知我知 我打算人间蒸发
Just between the two of us, I'm planning to vanish.
最后的那次投资变成了一场噩梦
That last venture turned into a bit of a nightmare,
跟鸡蛋有关的那次
the one with the eggs.
-怎么了 -运转我们资金的人死了
- What happened? - The egg man dropped down dead,
留给我五十万的债务
leaving me half a million in debt,
破产就不能做议员
and since you're not allowed to be an MP and a bankrupt,
那我就得离开了
off I pop.
我发誓 现如今一个人要是赔了钱
I swear, a man is not allowed to lose his money these days
每个人都会大惊小怪的
without everybody making a fuss.
下一次冒险去哪
And what's the next adventure?
美国 能在那儿从新开始
America. A man can start again there.
还有逃离愤怒的妻子
And escape a furious wife.
新欢呢 她还好吧
How is the new girl? Is she any good?
她是我一生的挚爱
She's the love of my life.
别傻了
Oh, don't be ridiculous.
我会想你的 贝塞尔
I shall miss you, Besselli.
以及你的胡说八道
And your nonsense.
我估计你不会回来了
I don't suppose you'll be back.
是啊 我留下的破摊子太多了
I doubt it. I have left a bit too much damage behind.
谁知道以后我们会怎样呢
Well, who knows where time and tide will take us.
我们会再次相遇的 老朋友
I'll see you again, old friend.
希望如此 而且我深表遗憾
I hope so, and I really am sorry.
她是个很好的女孩
She was a wonderful girl.
当然了 我们还有一件事没解决
Of course, we still have that unfinished business.
-苏格兰的那件事 -是吗
- The Scottish matter. - Really, though, do you think?
你告诉我他离婚了
You told me he was divorced.
是的 但是我给了他一些钱 就到此为止了
Yes, but I sent him some money and that was that.
我保证他已经消失了 他不会再回来烦你了
I can promise he's gone. He's not going to bother you anymore.
我再给你最后一条建议 老兄
Just let me give you one last piece of advice, old man.
别管诺曼·斯考特了
Leave Norman Scott alone.
她生前总做噩梦
She had terrible nightmares.
谁 卡洛琳
Who did? Caroline?
她尖叫着醒来
She'd wake up screaming.
每晚都是
Every single night.
最后她都害怕得不敢睡觉
In the end, she was too scared to go to sleep.
结婚一年后开始的 也就大概是
Started about a year into the marriage, about the time
她跟那个疯子通电♥话♥之后
that she spoke to the madman on the phone.
好吧 但你也不能说那是他的错
Yes, but you can't think that's his fault.
祝你一路顺风 彼得 祝你生活美满
I wish you a safe journey, Peter, and I wish you a happy life.
我也希望诺曼·斯考特被杀死
And then I wish Norman Scott to be killed.
塔勒邦特
如果这成惯例的话
If this is going to be a regular thing,
我得买♥♥个热水瓶了
I'll have to buy myself a Thermos.
抱歉 你是谁
I'm sorry, who are you?
格温·帕里·琼斯
Gwen Parry Jones.
村子里的 我以前是邮局局长助理编辑 但现在
From the village. I used to be the sub post-mistress but now...
现在我像鸟儿一样自♥由♥
..Now I'm free as a bird.
好吧 有何贵干
Right, well, what do you want?
这是送你的
This is for you.
来吧 接着
Come on, take it.
如果你想加糖 我带了一小袋
And if you want sugar, I brought a little pouch.
村里的人都在议论你
Talk of the village, you are,
你这个不速之客突然就冒出来了
arriving like a visitation.
我相信你肯定理解 住在这儿不是我自己选的
I'm sure you understand this isn't my chosen habitation.
这么说吧
I'm owed some money by...
一位有权势的绅士欠我一些钱
Well, let's say by an influential gentleman.
我们一直在讨论你
Well, we've all been talking.
约翰·琼斯说
John Jones said..
"他肯定是个隐士"
.."He must be a hermit."
比达格说 "我打赌他是艺术家
Buddug said, "I bet he's an artist,
像图卢兹-洛特雷克一样"
like Toulouse-Lautrec,"
因为你来的时候戴着围巾
because you were wearing a scarf when you arrived.
跟你说 有些男孩说了一些很难听的话
Mind you, some of the boys have been saying awful things about you,
我告诉他们
and I told them, I said,
"再说一句 我就拿石炭酸来治你们"