喂
Hello.
喂
Hello?
帕特里克 帕特里克 是你吗
Patrick? Hello, Patrick, is that you?
尼古拉斯
Nicholas?
帕特里克 恐怕我有个坏消息告诉你
Patrick, I'm afraid I have rather bad news.
喂
Hello?
喂 帕特里克 听得到吗
Hello, Patrick? Can you hear me?
我在纽约
I'm in New York.
貌似有延迟
There appears to be a delay.
-你听得到吗 -嗯
- Can you hear me? - Yes.
-和你父亲有关 -我能听到 我在
- It concerns your father. - I can hear you. I'm here.
你父亲前天晚上在酒店房♥间里去世了
Your father died the night before last, in his hotel room.
对你而言肯定是晴天霹雳
It must come as an awful shock to you.
差不多吧 是
Something like that, yes.
我此刻的感受也无需多言
I hardly need to tell you how I feel.
我敬佩你父亲 大家都喜欢他
I adored your father. Everybody liked him.
虽然他不是太好相处
I know he wasn't always the easiest of men.
你在听吗 帕特里克
Are you there, Patrick?
在听 他现在在哪
Yes, I'm here. Where is he now?
大卫吗
David?
他在麦迪逊大街的弗兰克·E·麦克唐纳殡仪馆
He's at Frank E. Macdonalds, the funeral people on Madison.
人去世后都送那
Everyone goes there.
"宁缺毋滥 只要最好" 正如你父亲曾说的
"Only the best or go without," as your father would have said.
如果你想见他一面 把骨灰取走的话
If you want to see him and collect the ashes...
-你这会儿有事吗 -目前没事 没有
- Do you have much on? - Not at this exact moment, no.
那咱们见个面
Then we must meet up.
不如去私人俱乐部见 乔治·沃特福德在这
Why don't we meet at the Key Club? George Watford's here.
我们为你父亲不凡的一生干一杯
We'll raise a glass to your father's extraordinary life.
不过此刻
Well, until then,
我很抱歉告诉你这个噩耗
I'm sorry to be the bearer of such sad tidings.
嗯 真是沉重打击[很棒的毒品]
Yes, it's...A great blow.
再见
Goodbye.
老混♥蛋♥刚刚去世了
Old bastard's only gone and died.
梅尔罗斯
第一季 第一集
噩耗
伦敦 1982年7月
他怎么死的
How did he die?
忘了问 我当时被喜悦冲昏了头
I forgot to ask, I was too dizzy with glee.
不好意思 我是说被悲痛冲昏了头
I'm sorry, I mean, dazed with grief.
我说你能别摆弄我头发了吗
I wonder could you please stop fiddling with my hair?
我得喝一杯 痛饮一场
I need a drink, a serious drink.
庆祝一下
Let's celebrate.
我们可以出去喝一杯
We could go out for a glass of wine.
或者 你可能没兴趣
Or...you're probably not interested,
格雷戈里和丽贝卡邀请我们去他们家吃晚饭
but we have been invited to Gregory and Rebecca's for dinner.
"苦难总在别人饱腹时降临"
"Suffering's what takes place while other people are eating."
谁的话来着
Who said that?
抱歉 我此刻有点失控
I'm sorry. I'm feeling a bit mad at the moment.
你们的关系很复杂
It was a complicated relationship.
有很多要考虑的
There's a lot to think about.
嗯 我也不知道海♥洛♥因♥是否有帮助
Yes, I'm not sure the heroin's helping either.
你这时候还吸毒好吗
Do you think that was a good idea?
当然不好了
Of course it wasn't a good idea!
我不过是想说
I merely meant that perhaps
也许是时候做出改变了
this might be a good time to make a change.
重新开始
Start afresh!
趁你没说把握今朝 我还是赶紧走吧
I'd better leave before you tell me to seize the fucking day.
既然他都死了
Do you think, now he's dead,
你能不能别和他那么如出一辙
that you could be a little less like him?
不大可能 我只会活出两个他
Unlikely. I'll merely have to do the work of two.
黛比 对不起 我不适合与人相处
Debbie, I'm sorry, I'm not fit for human company.
别走 留下
Don't go. Stay.
-回床上来 -不行
- Come back to bed. - I can't.
我听别人说过
You know, I heard it said somewhere that
悲伤本就是一剂春♥药♥
grief was meant to be an aphrodisiac.
你觉得这话是真的吗
Do you think that might be true?
想得美
You wish.
你妈怎么接受的
How's your mother taking it?
她在乍得的救助儿童会工作
She's working with Save The Children in Chad.
没人能告诉她
No-one can break the news.
-总是为别人着想 -确实
- Always thinking of others. - Indeed.
-这是什么 -安定剂
- What's that? - Valium.
这还差不多
That's more like it.
对了 我打算戒毒
By the way, I think I'm going to give up drugs.
你觉得我戒不了
You don't think I can.
-我有点不信 -我之前就戒掉过
- I'm a little skeptical. - I've done it before.
确实 这次会有什么不同
Exactly! What's so different this time?
你都称不上戒掉过 再说了
You're hardly the Rehab-type and besides,
你那么喜欢
you like it too much.
瘾君子得跌入谷底才会放弃
Addicts don't give up until they hit rock bottom,
而你永远不会
and you never will.
-你中毒太深 -你错了
- You're too upholstered. - Well, you're wrong.
我这次会重回正轨
I'm gonna get it right this time.
了不起呢 帕特里克
Well, good for you, Patrick!
至少戒掉可♥卡♥因♥和海♥洛♥因♥
Cocaine and heroin at least.
我得一样一样来
Don't want to run before I can walk.
你还有更多安定吗
To which end, have you got any more Valium?
-帮我戒掉 -抱歉 最后一片
- Help me wean myself off. - Sorry, last one.
请不要误会
Please don't take this the wrong way:
这是否意味着你现在超级有钱了
does this mean you're now fantastically rich?
不 我妈继承了所有财产
No, my mummy's the one with all the money,
而且她还非常健康
and she's very healthy.
"太阳照常升起 一切都没有改变"
"And the sun shone, having no alternative."
出自小说《莫菲》 塞缪尔·贝克特著
是该把握今朝了
Well, it's time to seize the fucking day!
再见
Goodbye.
这个也再见
And goodbye.
再见 海♥洛♥因♥ 我的老朋友
And goodbye, heroin, my old friend.
人们对于戒毒总是小题大做
People make far too big a deal about getting clean.
不过...航♥空♥旅行压力是很大的
On the other hand... air travel can be very stressful.
欢迎来到希思罗机场
祝你好运
Well, good luck.
别在街上乱买♥♥毒品
Don't score off the streets.
我不会在任何地方买♥♥毒品
I'm not going to score off anywhere.
说真的 约翰尼 你自然是可以随心所欲
Seriously, Johnny. You must do whatever you want,
但如果我要掌控自己的人生 一定是从现在开始
but if I'm to take control of my life, it has to be now.
这是在我身上发生的最重要的一件事
This is one of the most important things to have happened to me
我不想有任何闪失
and I want to get it absolutely right.
真希望我有你的决心
I wish I had your determination.
谢谢你载我过来
Thank you for the lift.
你帮过我很多次
As in so many other occasions,
没有你我熬不到今天
I wouldn't have made it without you.
别客气 两天后再在这见面 你就是...
It's a pleasure. I'll see you back here in two days' time:
-一个崭新的人 -焕然一新的人
- A new man. - An entirely new man.
所有刚抵达希思罗机场的旅客
Will all passengers recently arrived from London Heathrow,
请到行李提领处...
please make your way to the baggage claim...
"死亡 长眠于世
"Dead, long dead.
长眠于世 我的心化成了一把尘土"
Long dead! And my heart is a handful of dust."
出自美国诗人阿尔弗雷德·丁尼生的《莫德:独角戏》诗篇
和...其它的东西
And...something... something else.
天啊 振作点
Oh, for Christ's sake, cheer up.
想点开心的事
Think happy thoughts.
记住你来这里的目的
Remember why you're here.
你是来认领你父亲的遗体的
You're here to collect your father's corpse!
安定开始失效了 现在感觉有点焦躁
Valium's wearing off, feeling just a little twitchy now.
坚持 坚持住
Hold on. Just...hold on.
反胃 紧张 皮肤里好似有蛆虫在蠕动
Queasy, nervous, maggots under the skin,
胃里好像有只溺水的小猫在扑腾
litter of drowning kittens in my stomach.
滚开
Fuck off!
能换个路线吗
Can you take another route?
我真的需要马上到酒店去
I really, really need to get to my hotel.
给你
Here.
梅尔罗斯先生 很高兴又见面了