We were going to do wonderful things together...
有用的事
Useful things.
当然他不好相处
Of course he was a difficult man...
在那时就是了
..Even then.
但我以为我能改变他
But I thought I could turn to him.
但现在哪怕只是想到面对他
The idea of... turning to him now...
想到要跟他单独相处...
..of being alone in the same room with him...
怎么停了
Why have we stopped?
应该只是暂停一会
I'm sure it's only for a moment.
我们见尼古拉斯要迟到了
We're gonna be late for Nicholas now.
-只是几分钟 -他会告诉大卫的
- Just a few minutes. - And he'll tell David.
他不会有意见的 只迟到几分钟
I'm sure he won't mind. A few minutes.
-真高 -没什么好担心的
- It's so high. - There's nothing to worry about.
怎么停下来了 你千万别告诉大卫
Why have we stopped? You mustn't tell David about any of this.
-埃莉诺 -求你了
- Eleanor-- - I beg you.
埃莉诺 你怕他吗
Eleanor, are you afraid of him?
-你看起来很害怕 -我们快下去吧
- You seem afraid. - Let's get off this fucking thing!
-埃莉诺 你不能乱动 -有人吗
- Eleanor, you have to stay still. - Hello!
下面有人吗
Hello, down there!
-我们要下去 -埃莉诺
- We wanna get off! - Eleanor.
-让我们下去 -埃莉诺
- Let us off! - Eleanor!
有人吗
Hello!
布丽奇特
Bridge.
布丽奇特 是你吗
Bridge, is that you?
巴里 这么巧
Barry! Thank God!
我今早正好想起你了
I was literally just thinking about you this morning.
这叫心有灵犀 布丽奇特
That is synchronicity, Bridget!
这面料真好看
This fabric's amazing!
天啊 我嗑嗨了
God, I'm stoned!
你这是要去哪
What are you doing here?
阿尔勒有场爵士音乐节 我们都会去
There's a jazz festival in Arles. We're all going!
现场绝对超精彩 你该来的
It's gonna be amazing! You should come!
一起来吧 来吧来吧
You should come. Come, come, come, come!
去不了 我要跟梅尔罗斯那家人待在一起
I can't! I'm staying with these Melrose people.
天啊
Oh, God.
我把他们电♥话♥告诉你吧
Let me give you the number.
尼古拉斯
Nicholas!
真抱歉
I'm so sorry.
我们被困在摩天轮上了 他们不许我们下来
We got caught on a ferris wheel and they wouldn't let us off.
很像你的作风 埃莉诺 总是得到额外的乐子
Very like you, Eleanor, to get more fun than you wanted.
允许我失陪一下
Will you excuse me just a minute?
老天啊 你跑哪儿去了
What the hell are you playing at?
我抱着这些箱子
I've been carrying these fucking suitcases around
-找你找了半天了 -一个手推车就能解决了
- looking for you! - Just get a trolley, man.
-我叫巴里 -你以后再敢这样 你个蠢...
- I'm Barry. - Don't you ever do this again, you stupid--
-尼古拉斯 -这位是布丽奇特·沃森·斯科特
- Nicholas? - And this is Bridget Watson Scott.
-和埃莉诺·梅尔罗斯 -那这位是
- Eleanor Melrose. - And who's this?
他不重要 我们走吧
He's no one. Shall we?
帕特里克 该吃午饭了
Patrick, tu es en retard. Déjeuner!
亲爱的
Honey.
-我不想吃饭 -你不饿吗
- I don't want any lunch. - Tu as faim?
我不想跟我爸爸待在一起
I don't want to be with my father.
发生什么事了
Qu'est-ce qu'il s'est passé?
我想找我妈妈
I want my mother.
我想跟妈妈在一起
I want my mother!
我很抱歉 但妈妈不在
Je suis désolée. Ce n'est pas possible.
你有种就试试
Don't you dare!
你不许再这么做
Don't you dare ever do that again!
-我做错了什么 -上楼来我房♥间 快点
- What have I done? - Come up to my room. Now!
水星 金星 地球 火星
Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars...
木星 土星 天王星 冥王星
Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Pluto.
水星 金星 地球 火星
Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars...
木星 土星 天王星
Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus...
我到底做错了什么
What have I done wrong?
过来
Come over here.
-但我做错了什么 -你自己心里清楚
- But what have I done wrong? - You know perfectly well.
再近点
Closer.
你知道沙卡国王是谁吗
Do you know who King Shaka was?
不知道
No.
沙卡国王是一位伟大的祖鲁勇士
King Shaka was a great and mighty Zulu warrior...
他让手下的战士将带刺的灌木丛踏平
who made his troops stamp thorn bushes into the ground
并在凹凸不平的炎热岩石上行走数天
and march for days across hot jagged rocks.
他们的脚底都被割破和烫伤了
The soles of their feet were slashed and burnt.
纵使当时心有怨言 痛苦难耐
And though there was resentment and pain at the time,
但他们因此磨练出了茧
the calluses this created
以后再没有什么能伤害他们
meant that eventually nothing would harm them.
他们再也不会感觉到疼痛
They would feel no pain.
当时认为是残酷 其实是馈赠
And what had felt like cruelty at the time was actually a gift.
其实是爱
It was actually love.
我不奢求你现在会感激我
I don't expect you to thank me now
但我希望
but I hope perhaps...
你长大后会感谢我
when you're older you'll be grateful
教你学会独♥立♥
for the skill of detachment that I've instilled.
去把门关上
Go and close the door.
难道要我亲自去关吗
Do I have to close it myself?
好吧
Very well.
把裤子脱下来
Take your trousers down.
帕特里克不来吃午饭吗
Est-ce que Patrick vient déjeuner?
不了 他不饿
Non, il n'a pas faim.
谢谢
Merci.
八点 别迟到
Eight o'clock. Please don't be late.
今天下午我们聊过的话
And... And let's forget about our little conversation
就当没发生过好吗
this afternoon, yes?
没问题
Of course.
我快忘了这地方有多棒
I'd almost forgotten how wonderful it is here.
我住在这儿 然而我已经忘得干干净净
I've completely forgotten and I live here.
埃莉诺 这么说就太令人难过了
Eleanor, what a sad thing to say.
-告诉我那不是真的 -好的
- Tell me it isn't true. - Okay...
那不是真的
it isn't true.
这里太美了
It's beautiful.
-我想要一套 -大卫当时就是这么说的
- I want one. - That's what David said.
所以我就买♥♥下来送给了他
And so I bought it for him.
我们本来打算做些了不起的事
We were going to do marvelous things.
我们本来要把这儿改造成酒鬼的收♥容♥所♥
We were going to turn it into a home for alcoholics.
从某种意义上来说 的确成功了
Which, in a sense, we have.
不用担心你的行李
Don't worry about your bags.
-伊薇特会过来拿 -我在想大卫去哪了
- Yvette will fetch them. - I wonder where David is?
也许他淹死在浴缸里了
Perhaps he's drowned in the bath!
我去找伊薇特
I'll find Yvette.
她真的嗨了
She's really high.
你能不能振作起来
Do you think you might possibly buck up
聊点轻松愉悦的话题
and make a little light conversation?
别再聊颜色有多鲜艳这种蠢话了
Something other than how vivid the colors are.
-就是这棵吗 -什么
- Is this it? - What?
无花果树 就是这棵吗
The fig tree. Is it the same one?
布丽奇特 布丽奇特 别
Bridget. Bridget, no.
站起来
Get up!
我叫你站起来 被大卫看见怎么办
I said, get up. What if David sees you?
我说了 站起来
I said, get up!
天啊
God!
布丽奇特
Bridget!
你们大家怎么都那么怕他
Why are you all so scared of him?
尼古拉斯 他能对你做什么
What do you think he's gonna do to you, Nicholas?
我就觉得好像听到有人在说话
I thought I heard someone.
大卫
David!
见到你真好
How very nice to see you.
这位是布丽奇特·沃森·斯科特
This is Bridget Watson Scott.
你好 亲爱的
Hello, my dear.
你站的真是这里最好的位置
You have the most wonderful spot here!
是的 想想看 只要在这里架一挺机♥枪♥
Yes... Just think, with a single machine gun mounted here
你就能主宰整个山谷