Oh, hello again, strange little boy.
你看起来像中世纪的女巫
You look like a medieval witch.
你看着像个糟老头
And you look like an old fart.
古板守旧的糟老头
A stuffy, conventional old fart!
有电♥话♥找你...
There's a telephone call for you um...
-巴里 -亲爱的
- Barry? - Hi, baby.
谢天谢地 我觉得我这辈子
Thank God! I don't think I've ever wanted
从没有这么想和别人说话
to speak to someone so much in my life.
别问他们靠什么谋生
Don't ask people what they do for a living.
别问佣人感觉如何
And er...don't ask the staff how they feel.
别刺♥激♥大卫
And don't provoke David.
好吧 那你今晚愿意为我做一件事吗
Fine, but will you do one thing for me tonight?
-当然 -别拍他们马屁
- Of course. - Don't suck up to them.
别让他们欺负你 别试图融入他们
Don't let them bully you. Don't try to fit in.
这不是三件事吗
Well, isn't that three things?
这三件事相关联
They're all connected.
你和他们一样好 事实上你更好
You're as good as these people. In fact, you're better.
你的血是有温度的
You have warm blood.
好棒的椅子
What an extraordinary chair.
它之前是什么总督的
It used to belong to some doge.
本应该送进博物馆
It really should be in a museum.
当然是大卫的最爱了
Of course it's David's favorite.
他喜欢在椅臂上灭烟头
He likes to rest his cigars on the arm.
我觉得你坐着他就不会坐了
Well, I don't think he'll sit in it if you're in it already.
我可不确定 他喜欢按自己的方式来
I wouldn't be so sure. He does like to get his own way.
-你好 -你好
- Well, hello. - Hi!
上帝啊 维克托 你的西服
For God's sake, Victor, that suit.
你干嘛不让安妮给你熨一下
Couldn't you have got Anne to iron that for you?
-我... -这就开始了吗
- Well, I... - Has it begun already?
我们才刚进门
We're barely through the door.
让我们度过个美好的夜晚吧
Let's have a pleasant evening, shall we?
-谢谢 -谢谢
- Thank you. - Thank you.
让我们敬...
Let's drink to...
干杯
Let's drink.
大学老师最喜欢
Nothing a don likes more
抨击别人的学科
than bashing another man's discipline.
精神分♥析♥可不算什么学科
One can hardly call psychoanalysis a discipline.
-但它能帮助人们啊 -对
- But it helps people. - Yes, yes,
有治疗前景
there's the therapeutic promise.
他来了 真正的医生
Here he is - hah - a real doctor!
维克托 安妮 很高兴见到你们
Victor, Anne, a pleasure to see you.
埃莉诺
Eleanor...
我喜欢你穿粉色
I do like you in pink.
很衬你的眼睛
It matches your eyes.
那是伏特加吗
Is that vodka I see?
别误会
Please don't take this the wrong way
但我觉得难以想象你是医生
but I find it hard to imagine you as a doctor.
我也这么觉得 亲爱的
So did I, my dear,
我必须承认 希波克拉底誓言
and I must confess to stumbling a little
我都背得结结巴巴
over the Hippocratic Oath.
幸运的是 我太太的钱
Fortunately, my wife's money
让我不必追求有用的事业
removed the necessity of my leading a useful life.
她伟大的礼物
Her great gift.
谢谢你陪我太太去机场
I appreciate your escorting my wife to the airport.
很荣幸 这也是
It was pure pleasure - as was this.
这一天充满了快乐
So much pleasure in one day.
我的心斟满了爱
My cup runneth over...
我也有过一段特别的日子 一定是有魔法
I've had a very special day too. Must be magic in the air.
大卫
Hey, Dave.
我爱死这双古怪的黄色拖鞋了
I love those kinky yellow slippers.
你真的喜欢 那我很高兴
Do you really like them? I'm so pleased.
-来点伏特加 -你有可乐吗
- Vodka, my dear? - Do you have a Coke?
酒精太刺♥激♥了
Alcohol's such a crude high.
大家来吃晚饭吧
Let's have dinner.
维克托 你坐那儿
Victor, you sit there.
不 不
No. No...
安妮 你去坐在...
Anne, you sit next to...
不 不对
No, that's not right.
幸好我们只有六个人
Thank God we're only six.
在我们等埃莉诺解决这个问题的同时
While we wait for Eleanor to solve the problem,
安妮 告诉我 你觉得加尔巴皇帝怎么样
Anne, tell me, what did you think of the Emperor Galba?
好极了 一个绝妙的角色
Oh, terrific. A terrific character.
安妮对卡里古拉大帝尤其感兴趣
Anne was particularly taken with Caligula.
维克托想让我对他感到抱歉呢
Victor attempted to make me feel sorry for him.
布丽奇特 你到这儿和我坐一起
Bridget, you sit here with me.
但是 提比略大帝杀了他全家
But...Tiberius killed his whole family.
这很自然 一旦有机会
It's only natural that those who are terrified
这些心存畏惧的人就会变得令人畏惧
become terrifying, given the opportunity.
伊顿公学就是这样的吗
Is that how it worked at Eton?
安妮对英国公立教育系统
Anne takes a rather satirical attitude
抱着一个批判态度
to the English public school system.
现在还是这样吗
Does she now?
说到他对和他妹妹乱搞的痴迷
And as to his obsession with screwing his sisters--
你知道那句话
Oh, well, you know what they say.
嫖♥娼♥很不错 但乱♥伦♥才是最好的
Vice is nice, but incest is best.
现在我很确定我会喜欢上这个家伙了
Now, I'm sure I'd have liked the chap.
他随心所欲
He did exactly what he wanted to do
毫不顾忌那套道德鬼话
with no nonsense about ethics.
你为什么会觉得不遵守道德标准的人更高一筹
Why do you think it's superior to be amoral?
这不是一个谁更高一筹的问题
It's not a question of being superior,
这是不要做一个讨厌鬼或清教♥徒♥的问题
it's a question of not being a bore or a prig.
他们追求的就只有无趣
What one aims for is ennui.
埃莉诺 能够又一次和我们一起吃饭
Eleanor, what a marvelous memory you have,
你的回忆会变得多么的不可思议啊
to be able to duplicate the dinner we had last time.
每当她想起她那已故的富婆母亲
She has that expression she puts on
她就会摆出这幅表情
when she's thinking of her dear, rich dead mother.
我说的对吗 亲爱的
I'm right, aren't I, darling?
没错 大卫
Yes, David.
有次埃莉诺亲爱的父亲因为醉酒
Once Eleanor's dear father had been dismissed
被解雇
for being too drunk,
她的妈妈决定买♥♥一个人体古董
Eleanor's mother decided to purchase a human antique.
一位真正的古老的贵族
A "Real, old aristocrat",
如果你想要买♥♥一个丈夫的话
on the grounds that if you're going to buy a husband,
不如买♥♥个公爵
he might as well be a duke.
所以瓦伦卡公爵
And so the Duc de Valencay
被用大笔钞票重新装饰了一番
was re-upholstered with thick wads of dollars.
但你没办法像对待东西一样对待人
But you just can't treat human beings like things.
-当然 -你同意我说的
- Definitely. - You agree with me?
当然了
Definitely.
也许那个人类古董想要一个买♥♥家
Maybe the human antique wanted to be bought.
我对此毫不怀疑
Oh, I've no doubt of that.
我很确定他巴不得呢
I'm sure he was licking the windowpane.
让埃莉诺母亲震惊的是 他竟然敢用那对
What so shocked Eleanor's mother was that he dared to rear up
路易十五一样的腿站起来发号♥施令
on his Louis XV legs and start giving orders.
你看 我强烈地感觉到
You see, I feel that so strongly.
这个世界的问题
That the problem with the world
就是人们像对待东西一样对待别人
is people treating other people like things.
我非常同意 我们又达成了一个共识
I so agree. That's something else we have in common.
东西 应该被小心对待
Things...should be treated with great care.
失陪下
Excuse me.
"他们追求的就只有无趣"
"What one aims for is ennui"!
-你好 帕特里克 -我打碎了一个玻璃杯
- Hello, Patrick. - I broke a glass.
别告诉我爸爸
Don't tell my father.
你看起来很糟糕
You look so grim.
怎么了
What's up?
你睡不着吗
Can't you get to sleep?
疼吗 我来看看有没有...
Does it hurt? Let me see if it's--
-不 我只是想 -我没事
- No, I only wanted to-- - I'm fine.
你在发抖
You're shaking.
你想告诉我吗 怎么了
Do you want to tell me? What is it?
帕特里克