那你妈妈呢 你想告诉你妈妈吗
What about your mother? Do you want to tell your mother?
帕特里克 怎么了 宝贝
Patrick...what is it, love?
你会告诉他什么
What would you have said to him?
我到处找你 你到哪儿去了
I was looking for you. Where have you been?
没去哪儿 我们能找个地方谈谈吗
Nowhere. I wonder - can we find somewhere to talk?
-好 -抱歉
- Yeah. - Sorry.
我说过 有件事我从未说出来过
I told you there's something I've never said out loud
也永远不会说 现在我要告诉你
and never would. And now I'm going to.
原谅我口齿不清 我并不感到尴尬
Forgive my inarticulacy, it's not that I'm embarrassed,
只是 我不希望这变成你的负担
it's just... I don't want it to be a burden for you.
你就直说吧
Just go ahead.
那么
So.
我跟你说过我父母酗酒和暴♥力♥的事
I've told you about my parents' drunkenness and the violence,
但我避开没说的是...
but what I was skirting around--
-别过来 -不用了 谢谢
- Not now. - No, thank you.
就想告诉二位
Just to let you know the fireworks
-焰火表演马上要开始了 -谢谢
- will start in a few minutes. - Thank you.
在我八岁那年 以及接下来几年里
When I was eight, and for some years afterwards
我父亲"侵犯"了我
my father "abused" me
现在提倡用这个词
as...we're invited to call it these days.
"侵犯"是什么意思
What do you mean, "abused"?
我...
I...
就是...
It was...
天啊
Oh, God...
没人应该这样对待他人
Nobody should do that to anybody else.
-第一次... -焰火马上就要...
- The first time-- - The fireworks are about--
你♥他♥妈♥能不能别来打扰我们
Do you think you could leave us alone for one fucking minute
-让我们独自谈谈 -抱歉 先生
- so we can have a conversation? - I'm sorry, sir.
我们看起来像小屁孩吗
Do we look like children?
我们看起来像对焰火有兴趣吗
Do we look like we're interested in the fucking fireworks?
我说的侵犯是什么意思
What do I mean by abused?
就是性侵犯
I mean sexually abused.
天啊 我很抱歉
Oh, God, I'm sorry.
难怪你如此恨他
No wonder you hated him so much.
现在你知道了
Well, now you know.
第一次发生时 他说是惩罚
The first incident masqueraded as a punishment,
虽然我不知道自己做错了什么
though I never knew the crime...
倒是有种卡夫卡式的风格
which gave it a certain Kafkaesque charm..
他真混♥蛋♥
What a bastard.
那一定把你的世界撕成两半
It must have split the world in half.
是的 我想就是那样
Yes, I think that is what happened.
你怎么会那么想
What makes you think that?
似乎显而易见
It just seemed obvious.
在事情发生的那一刻
In that moment, when it was happening -
这听起来会很奇怪 不过
this will sound strange, but...
当时墙上有只蜥蜴
..There was a lizard on the wall.
壁虎 亮绿色
A gecko, bright green.
我心想 "如果我能进入那只壁虎体内
I thought, "If I can somehow put myself inside...
也许我就能熬过去"
..Then I might be able to get through this."
这逃跑计划不怎么样 我知道
Not much of an escape plan, I know.
我想说的是
The point is...
现在我恨他恨得累了
..Now I'm exhausted hating him.
这并不够
It's not enough.
如果我要投入到世界中
And if I'm going to break out into the world
不只是这个 而是真实的世界
not just this - but the real world,
学点东西 做出贡献
to learn something, make a contribution,
去生活 而不只是生存
live rather than just survive,
那我就必须把这些话说出来
then I am going to have to say these things out loud.
我们确实要错过焰火了 如果你想看...
We are missing the fireworks, if you want to--
没关系
It's alright.
我不知道你是否想睡在你以前的房♥间
I wondered whether perhaps you'd like your old room back?
妈妈 我不知道
Mummy, I don't know.
等我们到那里再说 行吗
Can we just talk about it when we get there?
随你高兴
Whatever makes you happy.
有时我对你的态度很恶劣
I've treated you dreadfully sometimes.
-非常势利 -没有的事
- Snobbishly. - Oh, no.
偶尔而已
Only sometimes.
你父亲总是怪那个尼古拉斯·普拉特
Your father always blamed that Nicholas Pratt man.
你遇见他之前是个很好的姑娘
You were such a nice girl until you met him,
然后你开始批评家里的一切
and then you started criticizing everything at home,
批评你认识了一辈子的人 很好的人
people you'd known all your life - perfectly nice people.
先生们 要喝香槟吗
Champagne, gentlemen?
-不用 -不了 谢谢
- No. - No, thank you.
我很久没在不嗑药时和陌生人聊天了
Years since I've talked to strangers without drugs.
就算是我们嗑药那会儿
Even when we did take drugs,
我们看到的也只是厕所里面
all we ever saw was the inside of loos.
对 现在我去厕所时 我对自己说
Yes. Nowadays when I go to the loo, I say to myself,
"你在这干嘛 你已经不嗑药了"
"What are you doing here? You don't take drugs anymore."
我冲出厕所后才意识到我是要撒尿
It's only after I've stormed out that I remember I need a piss.
我想那些"年轻人"今晚会吃摇♥头♥丸♥
I suppose "the young" will be taking ecstasy this evening.
摇♥头♥丸♥ 非成瘾的快♥感♥
Ecstasy, the non-addictive high.
说我老土吧
Call me old-fashioned,
但我真不明白非成瘾的毒品有什么好
but I don't really see the attraction of a non-addictive drug.
如果不会毁了你 那吸来干嘛
If it doesn't fuck you up, what's the point?
天啊 我得喝一杯
Christ, I need a drink!
-不了 谢谢 -不用 谢谢
- No, thank you. - No, thank you.
和你说这个 我感觉有点傻
Look, I feel a bit stupid, saying this to you,
但如果你真的想聊聊...
but...if you did want to talk--
天啊 别再试图拉我去了
For fuck's sake, stop trying to recruit me.
-只是以朋友的身份聊 -对不起
- Purely as a friend. - I'm sorry.
帕特里克·梅尔罗斯 我一直听说你不在了
Patrick Melrose. I kept hearing you'd died.
死过一两回而已
Only once or twice.
布丽奇特 你看起来特别美
Bridget, you look lovely.
真的 你真的很美
It's true, you do.
谢谢你们
Thank you, both of you.
我把你安排坐在会照看你的人边上
Now, I've put you next to someone who'll keep an eye on you.
我的表妹 玛丽
My cousin, Mary.
玛格丽特公主殿下
Her Royal Highness, Princess Margaret.
她来了
Here she is.
记着千万别在玛格丽特公主入座前坐下
Remember don't sit down until P.M. sits down!
夫人
Ma'am!
我当然喜欢乡下
Of course I love the countryside,
但我真的希望一切都静止
but I do wish everything would stay still.
我很在乎美感
I'm so aesthetic.
我想排列好奶牛
I want to arrange the cows
然后把它们黏在定点上
and then glue them to the spot.
托尼 你太逗了
Tony, you are funny!
他到底来干嘛 该死的拉斯普♥京♥
What's he doing here, anyway? Bloody Rasputin!
指俄♥国♥妖僧格里高利·拉斯普♥京♥
你真可笑 可笑的势利鬼
You're ridiculous, a ridiculous snob.
-夫人 我能否... -为什么
- Ma'am, if I could just-- - Why?
-我坐在哪儿 -挨着法国大使
- Where am I sitting? - Next to the French Ambassador.
我想是马塞尔·普鲁斯特说过[法国作家]
I think it was Marcel Proust who said
晚宴客人的数量
that the number of guests at a dinner
应该大于美惠女神的数目[3]
should be more than the Graces,
但少于缪斯女神的数目[9]
but less than the Muses.
但这真是太盛大了
But this is absolutely extraordinary.
我不知道你在说什么
I don't know what you're talking about.
我们开始吧
Shall we get started?
操
Fuck.
我的侍女对着出租车司机说
My lady-in-waiting turned to the taxi driver and said,
"送我们去皇家花♥园♥酒店"
"Take us to the Royal Garden Hotel."
你也知道 这个酒店是在路的尽头
Which, as you know, is at the bottom of the drive.
出租车司机对着我点点头说
And the taxi driver nodded at me and said,
"我知道她住在哪儿"
"I know where she lives!"
这故事真棒
What a wonderful story!
他们真棒 模范公民
What wonderful people! Salt of the earth.
人的确喜欢旅行...
One does like to travel...
我之前见过你
I saw you earlier.
在前台 我们住在同一家酒店
In reception. We're staying at the same hotel.
著名的科茨沃尔德烤羊肉之乡