Home of the famous Cotswold Carvery.
"提前预订 避免失望"
"Book early to avoid disappointment."
是的 我要早知道这么简单就好了
Yes, if only I'd known it was so easy.
比起这儿 你更愿意去那里吗
Would you rather be there than here?
几乎哪里都比这儿强
Almost anywhere.
只是如果我不在这儿
Except if I wasn't here,
这里就是我唯一想去的地方
this is the only place I'd want to be.
那你怎么做到的
So...how do you manage?
避免失望
To avoid disappointment.
不可能的
It's impossible.
救赎一触即散
Salvation crumbles the moment you touch it.
看看这些人
I mean, look at all these people:
势利小人 巴结权贵之徒
snobs, social climbers,
老古董
museum pieces.
我必须说 我也不知道我为什么在这儿
I must say, I'm not sure why I'm here either.
我觉得布丽奇喜欢让家人知道她爬上去了
I think Bridget likes the family to know she's arrived.
的确 但爬到哪儿呢
I'm sure. But arrived where?
这是什么 鹿肉吗
What is this? Venison?
浇了黑糊糊的酱汁 看不出来
It's hard to tell in this murky sauce.
对 是鹿肉 很抱歉酱汁这么糟
Yes, it is venison. I'm awfully sorry about the sauce.
真是恶心透了
It's perfectly disgusting.
你喜欢吗 是鹿肉
Do you like it? It's venison.
真是好吃极了
Really, it is something absolutely marvelous.
酱汁味道非常精妙
And the sauce, it's so subtle.
我都不知道这个国家有这么好的厨艺
I didn't know one could find such cooking in this country...
夫人
Ma'am.
夫人 对不起 酱汁撒到您身上
Ma'am. I'm sorry. The sauce.
擦干净
Wipe.
-什么 -我说擦干净
- I beg your pardon? - I said wipe.
好的 没问题
Yes. Sure.
不好意思
Excuse me.
酱汁在我盘子里时
I thought I couldn't dislike the sauce more
我还以为我不可能更讨厌它了呢
when it was on my plate.
酱汁糟透了 对不起 夫人
The sauce has been a disaster, Ma'am, I'm so sorry.
你不用道歉
There's no need for you to apologize.
-看 还有一处 -雅克
- Look, another one. - Jacques--
杰奎琳 我做了不可原谅的事
Jacqueline, I have done something unpardonable.
夫人 让我来吧
Ma'am, let me help you.
不用 他洒的 就让他来擦
No. He spilt it. He should wipe it up!
-是的 -事实上
- Yes. - In fact,
某些人要不是因为被耽搁了
one feels he could have had a great career in dry-cleaning
本来能在干洗这一行发展得很不错呢
if he hadn't been blown off course.
快点 雅克 已经够了
Allez, Jacques, that's enough.
那里还有一块污渍 擦干净
There's another spot there. Wipe it up!
这太过分了
C'est insupportable!
被这种恶心的酱汁浇到
What is "Insupportable" Is being showered
才叫过分
with this revolting sauce!
我不用提醒你
I needn't remind you that
你丈夫在圣詹姆斯法庭担任大使吧
your husband is Ambassador to the Court of St. James!
沉默 我不喜欢沉默
Silence. I don't approve of silences!
我会收到里士满公园送来的黇鹿
I get fallow deer sent to me from Richmond Park.
得在名单上才能收到
You have to be on the list.
女王说"把你自己列入名单里" 我就照做了
The Queen said to me, "Put yourself on the list." So I did.
十分明智 夫人
How very sensible, Ma'am.
我最佩服玛格丽特公主的一点就是
What I admire about Princess Margaret
她总能让所有人都感到自在
is the way she puts everyone at their ease.
你还好吗
Are you alright?
操♥他♥妈♥的
Putain de merde!
你好 小姑娘
Hello, little girl.
你是谁呀
Who are you?
我是贝琳达
I'm Belinda.
玛格丽特公主在里面吗
Is Princess Margaret in there?
我忘了 桑尼 你有孩子吗
Remind me, Sonny, do you have any children?
有的 夫人 一个女儿 七岁
Yes, indeed, Ma'am. A daughter, seven years old.
那就是没有男性继承人了
No male heir, then?
即使如此 我还是很喜欢她
Even so, I'm very fond of her.
当然了 在很多方面我觉得自己有责任
Of course, in many ways I feel responsible.
毕竟 是我
It was I, after all,
在你亲爱的父亲家里
who introduced the humble Miss Watson-Scott, as she then was,
把当时身份低微的沃森-斯科特小姐带进了上流社会
to the beau monde at your dear father's house.
谁又知道她注定会左右上层社会呢
Who knew then she was destined to command the heights of society?
你很幸运 像你这样堕落的人
You're very lucky, you know, a reprobate like you,
能被邀请到这种盛大场合
to be invited to this glittering occasion.
我感激不尽
I'm eternally grateful.
-你还撑得住吗 -很想喝酒
- How are you managing? - Dying for a drink.
这酒确实不错 我很同情你
Well, this is quite delicious, you have my sympathy.
我从未有过毒瘾
I've never been a heroin addict
但我曾不得不戒烟
but I did have to give up cigarettes,
-对我来说相当艰难 -天啊
- which was quite hard enough. - Oh dear.
-是不是该去... -失陪一下
- Do you think someone-- - Will you excuse me a moment?
你在找谁吗
Are you looking for someone?
我想见见玛格丽特公主
I wanted to meet Princess Margaret.
我明白了
I see.
我觉得你不要见她比较好 相信我
Well, I think you'd be better off without, believe me.
我们去叫你母亲过来好吗
Why don't we ask your mother to come over?
瞧 来了位睡不着觉的小家伙
Look. There's a little person who can't sleep.
那是谁
Who is that?
恐怕那是我的女儿 夫人
I'm afraid it's my daughter, Ma'am.
-她该睡觉了 -谢谢 帕特里克
- She should be in bed. - Thank you, Patrick.
宝贝 你怎么还没睡 这是成年人的晚宴
Darling, what are you doing up? This is a dinner for grown-ups.
-哪一个是玛格丽特公主 -是啊
- Which one's Princess Margaret? - Yes.
何不让你母亲把你介绍给她呢
Why don't you get your mother to present you to her?
可以吗 妈妈
Will you, Mummy?
-求你了 -你参与政♥治♥吗
- Please. - Are you involved in politics?
就我而言 我不介意谁执政
For my own part, I don't mind who's in government
只要他们治理得不错就行了
as long as they're good at governing.
无论如何都得避开的是那种墙头草
What we must avoid at all costs is these windscreen wipers:
左 右 左 右
left, right, left, right...
-夫人 我想给您介绍下... -现在不行
- Ma'am, I'd like to introduce-- - Not now.
她该上♥床♥睡觉了 不然只会变得过于兴奋
She should be in bed. She'll only get over-excited.
没错 说真的 亲爱的 她怎么跑出来的
Quite right. Honestly, darling, how did she escape?
走吧
Go on.
我觉得我们是时候加入其他人了
Now, I really think it's about time we joined the others.
一定要吗
Must we?
我们在这儿挺舒心的
We've been having such a cozy time.
我真讨厌大型派对
I do so hate big parties.
我也是 全是我妻子的主意
So do I. It was all my wife's idea.
桑尼和我真的很感谢你
Sonny and I are so grateful to you.
只要桑尼需要尽管找我 但尽量避开布丽奇特
Anything for Sonny. Try to avoid Bridget, though.
-她有时候会相当暴躁 -没问题
- She can be rather fierce. - Of course.
如果保安问到 你是来扮成我妻子的
If security asks, you're to pretend to be my wife.
我要装到什么地步呢
How far am I meant to go with that?
帕特里克在这呢
Patrick's here.
天啊
Oh Christ.
先生
Sir.
天啊 真是个惊喜
My dear, what a nice surprise!
乔治
George!
我坐在这儿是因为我在其他地方什么都听不见
I'm sitting here because I can't hear anything otherwise.
我以为人都应该活在安静的绝望中
I thought people were supposed to lead lives of quiet desperation.
还不够安静
Not quiet enough.
你有找到什么喜欢做的事吗
Have you found something that you enjoy doing?
有 但很遗憾我不得不放弃了
Yes, but sadly I've had to give that up.
那你就是犯了最大的一种罪
Then you're guilty of the greatest sin of all.
-是吗 -浪费时间
- Am I? - Wasting time.
你必须有所贡献
You must make a contribution.
没有人是一座孤岛
No man is an island,
虽然这里的很多人倒是真有一座岛
though there are a surprising number here who own one.
还不只是苏格兰周围的岛
and not just in Scotland.
但你确实是对的
Though, of course you're right.
我父亲曾经对我说过
and my father once said to me,
"善用你的天赋