"If you have a talent, use it.
否则你这辈子都会很悲惨"
Or you'll be miserable all your life."
这是他说过的唯一一句不含恶意的话
It was just about the only non-hostile remark he ever made.
他是个非常聪明的人
He was a very brilliant man,
但他应该从来都不快乐
but he was never happy, I think.
是的 不过我现在很少想起他了
Yes, well...I hardly ever think of him these days.
他绝不想看到你重蹈他的覆辙 帕特里克
He would've hated you to make the same mistakes, Patrick.
别再浪费时间了
No more wasted time.
我得去找我的...
I...I must...go and find my...
好的好的 去吧
Yes, yes, yes. Go. Go.
-帕特里克 -黛比
- Patrick. - Debbie.
你看起来真漂亮
You look lovely.
不过你在派对上一向很漂亮
But then you always did at parties.
你竟然还记得
I'm surprised you remember.
你那时不是在楼上和别人上♥床♥
You were either upstairs in bed with someone else,
就是在厕所里晕过去了
or passed out in the loo.
是啊 其实我正想和你说这件事
Yes, that's actually something I wanted to talk to you about.
我觉得我当时对你不太好 我...
I don't think I was terribly nice to you and I--
我知道这是干什么 12步戒毒法对吧
I know this one. This is a 12-step thing, isn't it?
我是你"道德自省"的一部分吧
I'm part of your "moral inventory".
-不 我只是... -失陪了
- No, I just-- - Will you excuse me?
大卫 辛迪
David, Cindy!
辛迪 你来了
Cindy. You made it!
生日快乐 亲爱的
Happy birthday, darling.
桑尼 你确定能这么光明正大吗
Sonny, are you sure this is all above board?
布丽奇特刚刚狠狠盯了我一眼
Bridget just gave me the most terrible scowling look.
按编好的剧本说
Just stick to the story.
你遇见了辛迪 而你太太又来不了
You met Cindy, your wife couldn't come,
就让她陪你来 没先跟我们说
asked her instead, didn't check
和我一点关系都没有
it's nothing to do with me.
好吧
Right. So...
我遇见了辛迪 我老婆来不了 让辛迪来
I met Cindy, wife couldn't come, asked Cindy instead...
-你好呀 -生日快乐 亲爱的
- Hello, you. - Happy birthday, darling.
真高兴你来了
So glad you're here.
这是我最好的生日礼物
It's the best birthday present--
我发现漂亮女人有个共性
What I find with beautiful women
要是一个人孤独等待了很久很久
is that after one's waited around for ages,
她们就会蜂拥而至 和公交车一样
they all arrive at once, like buses are supposed to do.
虽说我从来没等过公交车
Not that I've ever waited around for a bus.
看看玛格丽特公主
Look at Princess Margaret.
人们可得小心 别被她绊倒
One has to be careful not to trip over her.
刚才那场面真难堪
That was quite a scene.
是啊 我很敬佩玛格丽特公主
Yes, I do admire P.M.
她和你父亲一样懂得享受生活
She has something of your father's joie-de-vivre.
-想想看他们相遇的场面 -可以想象
- Imagine if they'd met! - Imagine.
她用一个小意外
The way she used a minor accident
让大使出了大洋相
to screw maximum humiliation out of the Ambassador.
我倒是相当佩服他夫人
Of course I'm absolutely devoted to his wife, who,
那副光鲜面孔下藏了颗阴险恶毒的心
behind that phoney chic, is a genuinely malicious person.
-他们来了 -我先失陪了
- And here they are! - Will you excuse me?
我得去和女主人聊聊
I must go and talk to our hostess.
希望我们没吓跑你那年轻的朋友
I hope we didn't drive away your young friend.
-他看起来很紧张 -没有他我们也能聊
- He seemed very nervous. - We can get on without him.
亲爱的雅克 你对付那个讨厌女人的手段
Mon cher Jacques, I thought you were absolutely brilliant,
真是非常高明
the way you handled that tiresome woman.
谢谢 但我觉得有王室成员在降低了聚会乐趣
Thank you, but I feel the royal presence bearing down on us.
或许我们应该探索一下聚会的意义
Maybe we could explore the depths of the party.
我亲爱的朋友 你就是聚会的意义
My dear fellow, you are the depths of the party.
再见
Au revoir!
一会儿见
A tout l'heure.
和敌人闲混呢
Consorting with the enemy?
他们来找我寻求安慰 女士
They came to me for sympathy, Ma'am.
我说他们找错人了
I told them they'd come to the wrong place!
他就是个笨手笨脚的傻瓜
He's a clumsy fool,
至于他那烦人的老婆...
and as to his absurd wife...
你们好 这派对是不是很棒
Hello, there! Isn't this a lovely party?
夫人
Ma'am.
我过会儿再来找你 好吗
I'll come and find you later, alright?
好的
Yes.
-那是谁 -我女儿
- Who was that? - My daughter.
我刚说到哪儿了 我节奏都乱了...
Now, where was I? I've quite lost my flow...
我印象最深的事
The main thing I remember,
除了你那讨厌鬼父亲以外
apart from your poisonous father,
就是那栋漂亮的房♥子
was that beautiful house.
跟这一切没得比
Nothing compared to all of this.
是啊 世事变迁还挺有意思的
Yes, it's funny how things turn out.
一切都很棒 我只希望没这么多垃圾待在这
It's all lovely, I just wish it wasn't full of such awful shits.
当然不包括你 还有妈妈
Not you, of course. Or Mummy.
我当时觉得你...非常酷
You seemed... incredibly cool to me,
不像我父母平时来往的人
unlike my parents' usual crowd.
也更友善
And kinder too.
友善
Kind?
你确定不是把我记成别人了吗
You're sure you're not confusing me with someone else?
你愿意跟她聊一会儿吗
You wouldn't be an angel and talk to her for a second, would you?
妈妈 妈妈
Mummy, mummy.
这是我的老朋友帕特里克·梅尔罗斯
This is my old friend Patrick Melrose.
我记得他
Yes, I remember.
这派对真盛大啊
So. Quite a party!
布丽奇特 派对很棒
Bridget! Lovely party!
我只是想澄清下
I just want to clarify...
我遇到了辛迪 我妻子不能来 所以...
I met Cindy, my wife couldn't come, so...
开始显怀了 我能摸摸吗
..Starts to show. May I touch it?
桑尼 有什么好摸的
Sonny. There's nothing to touch.
还没几个星期呢
Not for weeks yet.
怎么了 亲爱的
What is it, darling?
我刚看到辛迪·史密斯和桑尼在一起
I just saw Cindy Smith with Sonny.
我说我们不该邀请她
I said we shouldn't invite her
因为我们不认识她 可她还是来了
'cause we didn't know her and now she's here.
-我只是有点偏执 -是啊 大概吧
- I'm just being paranoid. - Yes, yes. Probably.
大概是偏执
Probably paranoid?
我们能去别处说吗
Is there somewhere we can go?
萨克斯手乔·瓦格纳
Joe Wagner on the saxophone.
帕特里克·梅尔罗斯 你怎么不喝酒
Patrick Melrose, why aren't you drinking?
-生日快乐 桑尼 -长号♥手唐·威尔斯
- Happy birthday, Sonny! - Don Wills on the trombone!
我非常讨厌这一点
You know, I frightfully dislike this bit.
凭什么认为我们想知道他们的名字呢
What makes you think we wanna know their names?
我看到你跟布丽奇特聊天
Saw you talking to Bridget...
短号♥手奇力·威利
Chilly Willy Watson on cornet.
她看上去无比暴躁
She looked awfully stormy.
桑尼 我能跟帕特里克说句话吗
Sonny, may I steal Patrick for a moment?
-奇力·威利·沃森 -你还好吧
- Chilly Willy Watson! - You alright?
-没事 抱歉 我想我... -这边说
- Yes, sorry, I... I just thought I... - Let's go here.
我想着要把你从男主人那里救出来
I thought I'd save you from our host.
那人散发着扑面而来的愚蠢气息
There's an air of palpable stupidity that comes off that man,
就像打开桑拿房♥门一样
like opening the door to a sauna.
-有道理 -不
- It makes sense. - No.
不 我今晚不能告诉她
No, I can't tell her tonight.
你可以告诉她我...
You can tell her I'm...
天啊 看看这帮人
My God, look at them all.
我从小就认识这些人了
I remember these people from my childhood.
冷酷又无趣
Hard and dull.
他们是最后的马♥克♥思♥主义者
They're the last Marxists.
最后一群相信阶级能解释一切的人
The last people to believe class is a total explanation.
我们离开这儿 走吧
Let's get out of here. Come on.
你们俩嘀咕什么呢
What are you two muttering about?
你好啊 陌生人
Hello, stranger.
老天
Oh, Christ.
约翰尼 帕特里克 这是我丈夫
Johnny, Patrick, this is my husband.
-他叫安格斯 -派对真热闹
- This is Angus. - Quite a party.
肯定花了一大笔钱吧
Must have cost a pretty penny, eh?
我丈夫执迷于计算花销