梅尔罗斯
第一季 第四集
母亲的馈赠
法国南部
2003年8月
你还好吧
You alright?
罗伯特 宝贝
Robert, darling.
等会再打招呼吧 我们得去机场了
Let's say hello later. We need to go to the airport,
去接凯特尔外婆
pick up Granny Kettle.
-爸爸 爸爸 -真见鬼
- Daddy! Daddy! - Fucking hell!
-帕特里克 -我要骑马 我要骑马
- Patrick! - I wanna go horse-riding, I wanna go horse-riding!
抱歉 抱歉 托马斯
Sorry. Sorry, sorry, sorry, Thomas.
好吧
Okay.
我不小心睡着了
Oh, I was only just dropping off.
我已经醒了大半夜了
I've been awake half the night.
该起床了
And now it's time to get up.
我以为我们在度假
I thought we were on holiday?
我也是
So did I.
但我们五点就起床了 对吧 托马斯
But we've been up since five, haven't we, Thomas?
对
Right.
我们要去机场接我妈
We're off to the airport to fetch my mother.
别急着回来
Don't rush back.
有很多事要做
Well, there's lots to do.
打开窗户 通通风
Open all the windows, air the place.
你应该把行李都拿出来 那就帮大忙了
And you ought to finish the unpacking. That'd be helpful.
托马斯
Thomas.
罗伯特 去机场
Robert, airport!
罗伯特 去机场
Robert, airport!
-谢默斯 -帕特里克
- Seamus. - Patrick!
我就说昨晚听到你的车来了
I thought I heard your car last night.
欢迎回来
Welcome back.
埃莉诺等不及要见你了
Eleanor cannot wait to see you.
抱歉 这是凯文
Oh, sorry, this is Kevin.
-安妮特 -你好 帕特里克
- Annette. - Hey, Patrick.
我们刚才还在讨论你母亲是多好的人
We were just discussing how wonderful your mother is,
让基金会使用你们美丽的住所
to let the Foundation make use of your beautiful home.
很棒的女人 她帮助许多人连接在一起
Amazing woman. She's helped so many people to connect.
-与什么连接 -其他现实
- With what? - With other realities.
好吧 话说回来
Yes. Well, meanwhile, back in this one,
我今天早上打开衣柜
I opened my wardrobe this morning
发现许多本《灵魂之路》
to find so many copies of Way Of The Soul,
把通往鞋子的路都挡住了
they were getting in the way of the shoes.
"鞋子之路" 真是天才
"Way of the shoes." Genius.
这个标题更合适
It's actually a better title,
提醒我们要脚踏实地
reminding us to keep our feet on the ground.
当我们来这儿度假的时候
Do you think these signs of institutional life
你能让这些慈善机构的生活迹象消失吗
could be removed when we're here on holiday?
在八月 这是我们家的住所
In August, this is our family home.
当然 我道歉
Of course. I apologize.
这些关于灵气研讨会和治疗仪式的传♥单♥
These leaflets on reiki workshops and healing circles
对我们完全没用
are entirely lost on us.
还有这个板子 尽管材质不错
And this board, while an attractive cork,
但是你的 不是我们的
is yours, not ours.
我这就带回我的小屋
I'll take it to my cottage.
-你是说我母亲的小屋 -她让我住那
- You mean my mother's cottage? - Where she lets me stay.
住多久 我以为你们要回爱尔兰了
For how long? I thought you were going back to Ireland.
不 整个夏天我都待在这
No, I'm here for the whole summer.
你不会注意到我的存在的
You won't even know I'm here.
梅尔罗斯先生
Monsieur Melrose?
你好 克劳迪恩 我母亲怎么样
Bonjour, Claudine. Comment va ma mère?
如果你想见她 她在等你
Si vous voulez la voir, elle vous attend.
我想让你知道
I want you to know that...
我非常不开心
..I'm very unhappy...
像现在这样
..At not...
不能顺畅交流
..Being able to communic...
我知道
Yes.
-一定感觉太糟糕了 -是的
- That must be horrible. - Yes.
太糟了
Horrible.
没错
Yes.
但我很勇敢
But I am brave.
他们去机场接玛丽的母亲了
The others are at the airport picking up Mary's mother.
他们都很想见你
They're all very keen to see you.
只要你想见他们 随时都可以见
Only when you feel up to it, of course.
托马斯长大了 如你所料
And Thomas has grown, as you'd...expect.
他们...
Are they er...
-托马斯... -这是什么
- Thomas... - What's this?
很像我
..is like me.
抱歉 我只是想...
I'm sorry, I'm just trying to...
飞行还顺利吗 凯特尔
Good flight, Kettle?
你好 帕特里克 不 糟透了
Hello, Patrick. No, hideous.
我旁边有个无礼的女人
There was an awful woman next to me
对自己的乳♥房♥♥特别骄傲
who was terrifically proud of her breasts
还一个劲往孩子的脸上塞
and kept sticking them in her child's face.
那叫母乳喂养
It's called breastfeeding.
谢谢 亲爱的
Thank you, darling.
我知道那很流行 但我生孩子那会儿
I know it's all the rage but when I was having children
聪明的女人是去参加宴会
the clever woman was the one who went to the party
看起来也跟没生过孩子一样
looking as if she'd never been pregnant,
而不是袒胸露乳的那些
not the one with her breasts sticking out.
-爸爸 我来了 -至少不是为了喂孩子
- Daddy, I'm coming! - At least not for breastfeeding.
罗伯特 带外婆去她房♥间好吗
Robert, will you show Granny to her room?
帕特里克
Patrick?
天啊 你在喝酒
Goodness, you're drinking.
临时措施
Temporary measure.
有一阵子没喝了
It's been a while.
她这次真的过分了
She's really outdone herself this time.
律师寄来的 由我母亲转交[在乎]
From the solicitor's, care of my mother -
如果真是"在乎"的话
if "Care" is the right word.
我被剥夺继承权了
I've been disinherited.
-什么 -她要把房♥子给那帮搞慈善的小丑
- What? - She's signing the house over to this joke charity.
我们什么都没有 孩子也没有
Nothing to us, nothing to our children.
帕特里克 那太糟了
Patrick, that's awful--
她还想让我检查一下有没有漏洞
and she wants me to check for loopholes,
保证事情能顺利进行
make sure the whole thing runs smoothly.
被剥夺继承权还不够
It's not enough to be disinherited,
她还想让我帮她搞文书
she wants me to chip in with the paperwork!
-她说为什么了吗 -她讲了大半个上午
- Did she say why? - Took her half the morning,
但显然她是想"做点好事"
but apparently she wants "to do good".
她想帮助别人 任何人都行
She wants to help people - anyone, really,
只要不是她的亲人
just as long as they're not fucking related to her!
-轻点 -她想寻求"解脱"和"我的认可"
- Not so loud. - She seeks "Closure" and "My validation".
谢默斯那个混♥蛋♥还不如直接
That bastard Seamus might as well be
在她耳边嚼舌呢
whispering in her fucking ear!
-亲爱的 你开始大吼了 -我必须大吼
- Darling, you're ranting. - I have to rant!
她从来就不是个称职的母亲
She was always a lousy mother.
但我本来还希望她在生命最后的时期
But I hoped she might take a holiday from that
能给自己放个假
towards the end of her life,
能意识到自己通过背叛和忽视已获得很大成就
feel that she'd achieved enough by way of betrayal and neglect
而现在是时候休息一下
and that now it was time for her to take a break
含饴弄孙了
and play with her grandchildren.
你知道吗 最让我惊恐的是
You know what frightens me the most
我居然这么恨她
is how much I loathe her!
我看信件的时候
When I read the letter,
我想松松领口 好让我喘口气
I tried to loosen my collar so I could breathe
然后我意识到不是因为领子
and I realized it wasn't my collar,
是我脖子上渐渐勒紧的套索
it was actually a noose tightening around my neck -
憎恨的套索
a noose of loathing!
她不会改变了 她只是个吓坏了的女人...
She's not going to change now. She's a frightened woman--
我知道 我知道
I know! I know.
那我恨的是什么
What do I loathe, then?
我恨的是
I loathe...
这代代相传的毒瘤
the poison dripping down from generation to generation.
我宁死也不愿让它传递到我们孩子身上