我觉得让罗伯特疏远他奶奶不太好
I don't think it's kind to turn Robert against his grandmother.
在一场她独生子
In a beauty contest
和一个陌生人之间的选美比赛中
between her only child and a complete stranger,
我母亲选择了那个陌生人
my mother chose the stranger.
你可以感觉被背叛了
And you're right to feel betrayed
-但罗伯特有自己的... -不 我们都被骗了
- but Robert has his own-- - No, we've all been lied to.
不管以前发生了什么
Whatever happened in the past,
至少有个地方能让我们都有家的感觉
at least we had somewhere we all felt at home.
而现在所有这些对家庭温情的小让步
And now all those little concessions to family feeling
都被丢弃 被标志性的
are being tossed away to be replaced
家族怨念和憎恨取代了
by the trademark family malice and spite.
-这并非不可避免的 -不是吗
- Well, that's not inevitable! - Isn't it?
不一定的 拜托了
Not necessarily! Please.
多花点时间陪陪孩子
Spend time with the children.
这才是我们来这的原因
That's why we're here.
好了 谁想下水玩
Right, who wants to play in the pool?
-罗伯特 -我在看书
- Robert? - I'm reading.
快点 我们一起玩
Oh, come on, let's play!
这才是我们来这的原因
That's why we're here.
茱莉亚
Julia?
不来吗 露西 不来吗
No? Lucy? No?
-不了 谢谢 -没问你
- No, thanks. - Didn't ask you.
-来吧 -爸
- Come on. - Dad!
别犯傻了
Stop being silly!
-行了 罗伯特 -住手
- Oh, come on, Robert. - Stop!
-别这么无趣 -住手 我说真的 住手
- Don't be a bore. - Stop! I'm serious, stop!
-我就知道会这样 -我的老天 凯特尔
- I knew this would happen. - Oh, for God's sake, Kettle.
他肯定没事
Oh, I'm sure he's fine.
他当然没事 你没事对吧 罗伯特
Of course he's fine. You're fine, aren't you, Robert?
-我没事 -瞧见没 他没事
- Yes, I'm fine. - There, you see, he's fine.
只是玩个游戏 找点乐子
It's just a game, a bit of fun.
这看起来才是乐子
That looks like fun.
不是乐子 恐怕是必需品
No, not fun. Necessity, I'm afraid.
来一片吗
Want one?
-我自己有 -那是自然
- I've got my own. - Of course you do.
-既然你都邀请我了 -多久了
- But if you're offering. - How long?
四年了
Four years.
我还以为只需吃三十天
I thought you were only meant to take it for 30 days.
我肯定是有点问题
Oh, I definitely have a problem.
也就是说药效不够强
Namely that they're not strong enough.
我什么副作用都经历了 失忆 脱水
I get all the side effects - memory loss, dehydration,
噩梦般的戒断反应
nightmarish withdrawals -
就是没经历过嗜睡
everything except the sleep.
我们以前为了找乐子嗑这玩意 现在想来真奇怪
Strange to think we used to do this for fun.
还记得在希腊嗑迷幻药那次吗
Remember taking acid in Greece?
我记得你藏在哪里
I remember where you stashed it.
是的 真抱歉
Yes, sorry about that.
我当时也不介意
I didn't mind.
我们还是别怀旧了
But let's not get nostalgic.
又一种快乐被拒绝了
Another pleasure denied.
每当我回想当年
Whenever I get nostalgic,
我就会逼自己想起青春真正的样子
I force myself to remember what youth was actually like.
青春糟透了
It was awful.
问题是 我能想起的只有性
The trouble is, all I remember is the sex.
大量的性 和无穷可能
A great abundance of sex and a sense of potential
而不是与性无缘 浑浑噩噩
instead of an absence of sex and a sense of waste.
天啊 我今晚需要四十毫克才够
Christ, I'm gonna need 40 milligrams tonight.
也许
Perhaps...
也许我们不该说这些
Perhaps we shouldn't be having this conversation.
也许吧
Perhaps not.
亲爱的
My darling.
很抱歉吵醒你了
So sorry to wake you.
现在几点了
What time is it?
时间还早
It's very early.
我们要走了吗
Are we going now?
我要收拾行李吗
Shall I pack my bag?
亲爱的
My darling.
我不能带你一起去了
I have to go without you.
你不能丢下我
You can't.
-亲爱的 请你理解我 -我想去
- Darling, please understand. - I want to come.
你只需跟你♥爸♥在这再待一小段时间
You have to stay here with your father just for a short while.
-我想走 -等我跟律师商量好
- I want to come. - And then when I've spoken to the lawyers...
-不要 求求你 -帕特里克
- No, please. - Patrick.
听我说
Listen to me.
这很重要
This is very important.
我必须把这件事做好
But I've got to do this properly, yes?
绝对不能出错
In exactly the right way.
然后我就能回来接你了
And then I can come back and get you.
我们就能在一起了
Then we can be together.
帕特里克
Patrick.
你明白了吗
Do you understand?
爸爸
Daddy.
你好啊
Hello.
你在做什么
What are you doing?
托马斯又把我推下床了
Thomas has pushed me out of bed again.
所以我想来这间睡
So I thought I'd go and sleep in his room.
但那是朱莉娅的房♥间
But that's Julia's room.
是的
Yes.
我只是想看看她是否...
I was just checking to see if she was...
可怜的托马斯
Poor Thomas.
我还是... 你最好...
Well, I better... You must...
晚安
Night.
罗伯特 吃午饭了
Robert? Lunch!
到了
There.
我想说 你们俩都出现在这里
I must say, having you both here at the same time
就像是一场梦
is like a dream.
像
Like...
一场
a...
-梦 -亲爱的
- dream. - My dear.
难得看见你出来 感觉如何
So nice to see you out. How are you?
非常...
Very...
你俩好好聊吧
Well, I'll leave you two to chat.
托马斯 别碰酒
Thomas, don't play with the wine.
那是给大人喝的
That's for grown-ups.
必须的
It certainly is.
那是答案吗
Is that the answer?
-我们会发现的 不是吗 -当然
- We'll find out, won't we? - I'm sure we will.
我本来想在托马斯生日时送他儿童缰绳
I was going to buy Thomas some child reins for his birthday,
但是很明显那已经过时了
but apparently they're out of fashion.
我才不会用绳子牵我孩子
I'm not putting my child in a harness.
真的吗 保姆以前很信赖这种绳子
Really? Nanny used to swear by them.
-我还咒骂过它们呢 -你没有
- And I used to swear at them. - You didn't, actually,
因为我们家不许咒骂
because swearing was not allowed.
不像某些人家
Unlike some households.
你觉得我们谁的妈妈最差劲
Which of our mothers is worst, do you think?
我意识到剥夺继承权这事
I realize the disinheritance thing
让埃莉诺更胜一筹
gives Eleanor the edge
但你这边也动了真格
but yours is really putting in the work.
先吃点东西吧
At least eat something first.
任何觉得一星期算很长时间的人
Anyone who thinks a week is a long time in politics
原句为英国前首相形容政♥治♥界变化迅速
都该邀请她过去
should have her to stay.
一星期就仿佛是永恒
A week's a fucking eternity.
我不知道没有保姆帮忙
I don't know how you cope
你怎么处理这些事的 玛丽
without a nanny, Mary.
有了保姆我才会更不适应
I don't know how I'd cope with one.
我一直想自己照顾孩子
I've always wanted to look after the children myself.
是的 身为人母会让一些人那样
Yes, motherhood takes some people that way.
但我没有 不过我生露西时还很年轻
It didn't in my case but then I was quite young when I had Lucy.
我觉得你对小孩子太好了
I think you can be too nice to children.
如果你希望他们长大后