If you want them to grow up
当企业律师或者首席执行官
to be corporate lawyers or chief executives,
那就无需向他们灌输信任 诚实
no use filling their head with ideas of trust and truth-telling
和责任心的理念
and reliability.
他们会无法适应现实社会的残酷竞争
They won't be able to compete in the real world.
-说得好 -你们好
- Hear, hear! - Hello, there.
老天
Christ.
我本打算顺路去看望埃莉诺
I was gonna call by and see Eleanor.
但原来她在这儿
But here she is now.
-你好 -谢默斯 快坐下
- Hello. - Seamus, please sit here.
一起吃午饭
Join us for lunch.
不了 不了
No, no, no, no.
我不想打扰家庭聚会
I wouldn't want to intrude on a family affair.
要不我还是坐一小会吧
Well, maybe just for a moment or two.
-帕特里克说你是作家 -说过吗
- Patrick says you're a writer. - Did I?
我有时候也想写本书
I've sometimes thought myself about writing a book.
我有很多灵感但很难表达出来
I've got so many ideas but it's putting them down on paper.
你可以在脑海中构思
It can do your head in.
我完成了一个开头 好多开头
I've done a beginning, several beginnings.
但可能只有开头
But maybe it's all just beginnings.
-你明白我的意思吗 -我明白
- Do you know what I mean? - I do.
她现在故意这样想惹恼我们
She's doing this on purpose now just to annoy us.
我们不会让她得逞的
We won't give her the satisfaction.
听起来好有趣啊
It all sounds absolutely fascinating.
加入我们吧 我给你报一♥期♥课
Join us. I'll sign you up for a session.
你知道吗 也许我会去
D'you know? Perhaps I will.
帕特里克
Patrick?
我要去参加研习班了呢
I'm going to do a workshop.
你该去
Yes, you should.
这是唯一的方法 这样才能让你
It's the only way you'll get to see the house
在樱桃成熟时见到房♥子
in the cherry season.
樱桃 樱桃真的很棒
The cherries! Now, they are something.
埃莉诺和我总会围绕樱桃
Me and Eleanor always have this little ritual
举♥行♥个小仪式 不是吗 埃莉诺
we do around the cherries, don't we, Eleanor?
-是的 -人生的果实
- Yes. - The fruits of life, you know.
听起来很有意义
It sounds very profound.
那和单纯的樱桃果实相比
Do they taste any better than if
有更好吃吗
they were simply the fruits of the cherry tree?
樱桃
Ch... Ch... Cherries.
-我会给你带些的 -多划算的租约
- I'll bring you some. - What a handsome rent!
-不... -只要一碗樱桃就能换来这些
- No... - A simple bowl of cherries for all of this.
-没有 -爱尔兰人真是好运呢
- No... - Talk about luck of the Irish.
-没有 -够了
- No... - Enough!
-租金 -罗伯特...
- ..Rent! - Rob...
不
No.
我去吧
I'll go.
是我的错
It's my fault.
我没把假期安排好 对吧
I'm not giving you much of a holiday, am I?
我得继续努力啊
Must try harder.
奶奶真的要把房♥子送出去吗
Is granny really giving it all away?
这是她的意思
That's what she wants to do.
我们很喜欢这
We love it here.
我知道 但这是她的 不是我们的
I know, but it's hers not ours.
她一直病态地大方
She's always been pathologically generous.
如果她把它给盲人或者流浪汉
And if she was giving it to the blind or the homeless
或者医学研究或者受折磨的人
or medical research or victims of torture,
我们不开心 但我们会理解
we'd be...not delighted but we'd understand.
但她居然要给谢默斯
But...she's giving it to Seamus?
给基金会
To the Foundation.
是啊 给谢默斯
So, yes, to Seamus.
你恨她吗
Do you loathe her?
当然不了
Of course not.
你也不能恨
And you mustn't either.
好感人的画面
Well, this is a touching scene.
玛丽要你回去 要么谢默斯就要勾引凯特尔了
Mary wants you back before Seamus seduces Kettle.
他还想害玛丽也失去继承权
He's trying to get Mary disinherited as well?
看来我们必须得杀了他
We'll have to kill him after all.
如果杀了谢默斯 我们能把房♥子留下吗
If we kill Seamus, do we keep the house?
很抱歉 不能
Sadly not.
还是杀了凯特尔吧 免得她也改掉遗嘱
More efficient to kill Kettle before she changes her will.
说得没错 我的判断受情绪影响了
You're right! I let emotion cloud my judgment.
我要回去看书了
I'm going to read my book.
我觉得我应该更谨慎些
I suppose I should be more careful.
谨慎什么
About what?
我尽全力不将恶意和怨气传递给孩子
I've tried so hard not to pass on the malice and resentment,
让他们拥有不同的童年
give them a different sort of childhood.
但他们出生就是错误
But they're just fresh mistakes.
罗伯特注意到了一切
And Robert notices everything.
他昨晚看到我在你房♥间外面
He caught me outside your room last night.
你在我房♥间外面干什么
What were you doing outside my room?
我想去见你
I thought I'd come and see you.
你会高兴吗
Would you have been pleased?
或许下次吧
Maybe next time.
还会有下次
There's going to be a next time?
你无聊又孤独
Well, you're bored and lonely.
我也无聊又孤独
I'm bored and lonely.
一个房♥间里 有太多的无聊和孤独
That's a terrifying amount of boredom and loneliness in one room.
或许他们能互相抵消
Maybe they'll cancel each other out,
就像电荷一样
like electrical charges.
我们可以做个实验
Well, we should conduct an experiment.
在一定条件下
In controlled conditions.
看能否消除无聊
See if we eliminate boredom
或者得到更多的孤独
or achieve an overload of loneliness.
我们该回去了
We should go back.
否则大家会以为我们搞外遇
Or people will think we're having an affair.
我太害怕了不敢问
I'm almost too scared to ask.
我在让自己振作起来 这是布丹的作品
I'm cheering myself up. This is by Boudin.
卖♥♥了它 我们可能就能
Sell this, and we might just be able to afford
在女王公园里再买♥♥一间卧室
a second bedroom in Queen's Park.
一间正常大小的儿童房♥
A normal child-sized bedroom
而不是一个改造过的小储物间
rather than a converted broom cupboard.
你不能从她那偷东西
You can't steal from her.
不是从她那 是他
Not from her, from him.
如果他能得到房♥子
If he's getting the house
那我当然能留着这幅布丹作品
then I can certainly keep the fucking Boudin.
把另一个螺丝刀递给我
Pass me that other screwdriver, will you?
你不能再这样
You can't keep this up.
在某刻 你得放手
At some point, you have to let it all go.
-有点晚了 -我说的不是房♥子
- Bit late for that. - I don't mean the house.
你想上来和我一起睡吗
Do you want to come up to bed with me?
咱们还是别聊类似"想"这类词了
Let's not introduce exciting words like "want".
咱俩都知道托马斯会占了我的位子
We both know that Thomas will claim my place.
我还是在楼下睡吧
I'll sleep down here.
递一下螺丝刀
Pass the screwdriver, will you?
螺丝刀
Screwdriver?
我能进来吗
Mind if I come in?
你的航♥班♥是几点
When's your flight?
我九点前得走
I have to leave by nine.
-我们的时机 -一直都不太合适
- Our timing... - Has never been good.
我该在托马斯醒之前回去
I should go before Thomas wakes up.
帕特里克
Patrick...
只是夏日风流
Summer fling.
对吗
Yes?
夏日风流
Summer fling.
谢谢你们的款待
Well, thank you for having us.
我们电♥话♥联♥系♥
We'll speak on the phone.
-找个你方便的时间 -不会再一样了
- When you get a chance. - It won't be the same.
不会了 再见
No, it won't. Bye.
再见
Bye.
亲爱的 我想和谢默斯道别
Dear. I wanted to say goodbye to Seamus.
帮我和他问好 好吗