伦敦
2005年4月
梅尔罗斯
第一季 第五集
本季终
终于
吊唁者来了 先生
Mourners are arriving, sir.
好 我们开始吧
Fine. Let's begin.
我想让你
I want you...
杀了我
..to kill me.
你好 这里是电♥话♥号♥码查询台
Hello, Directory Enquiries?
我想查询一个机构的号♥码 谢谢
Yes, I'd like a number for an organization, please.
叫做自愿安乐死协会
It's called the... the Voluntary Euthanasia Society.
抱歉 请大声点
I'm sorry, you'll have to speak up.
自愿安乐死协会
The Voluntary Euthanasia Society.
抱歉 梅尔罗斯先生 我们帮不了你
I'm sorry, Mr. Melrose, we can't help.
我们是一个运动组织 目的是改变法律
We're a campaign group. It's about changing the law.
是吗 但自愿安乐死
Really? But I mean Voluntary Euthanasia,
听上去 充满希望
it sounds so...hopeful.
电♥话♥号♥码查询台 有什么需要帮助的吗
Directory Enquiries, how can I help you?
我想查询一个国际号♥码 瑞士
Er...yes, I'd like an international number, please, Switzerland.
"尊严"
Dignitas.
他们是什么类型的机构
And what kind of organization are they?
-是做什么的 -他们...
- What...what does it do? - Well, they...
我拼给你听
I'll spell it for you.
自杀是疾病所致
Suicide stems from a disease:
一种我们现在称作抑郁的疾病
a disease we now call depression.
这才是我们该治疗的
And that's what we should be treating.
她动不了 不能说话也控制不了自己
She can't move or speak or control herself.
抑郁不是病 而是种完全合理的反应
Depression isn't a disease, it's an entirely reasonable response.
坦白说 快乐才需要解释
Quite frankly, it's cheerfulness that would take some explaining.
人抑郁时 我们给他们抗抑郁药
When people are depressed we give them anti-depressants.
她在吃
She's on them!
抗抑郁药让她对生命产生了厌恶
They gave a certain enthusiasm for her loathing of life.
就在那时她让我杀了她
That's when she asked me to kill her.
你知道与将死之人共事是种荣幸吗
Do you know? It can be a great privilege to work with the dying.
我想她不会开始与将死之人共事 你说呢
I don't think she's gonna start working with the dying, do you?
如果你是指你的荣幸
And if you mean it's your great privilege,
我担心的是她的生活品质
it's her quality of life I'm concerned with.
我 我想要
I...I want...
"瑞仕"
Swiss-land.
我们正在努力
That's what we're looking into.
费内伦医生来了
Doctor Fenelon is here.
你还记得吗 我们的家庭医生
Do you remember, our family doctor?
你好 埃莉诺
Hello, Eleanor.
我会给你做检查 问你几个问题
So, I'm going to take a look at you and ask a few questions.
请 别告诉他...
Please...don't tell him...
我妈妈是
..That my mother was...
公爵夫人
..A duchess.
我什么都不会说的
I won't breathe a word.
"我几乎无法移♥动♥ 我卧病在床 失禁
"I can hardly move. I am bedridden and incontinent
时刻对自己的没用感到极度痛苦
and feel uninterrupted anguish at my own uselessness.
没有好转的希望
There is no prospect of improvement
我已经能感觉到我的机能不听使唤
and I can already feel my faculties betraying me.
我不害怕死亡 我渴望死亡
I do not look on death with fear, but with longing.
请帮助我从我每天的折磨中解脱
Please help me to escape the daily torture of my existence.
谨上"
Yours sincerely."
你觉得这合理吗
Do you think that's fair?
写得合理吗
Is that a fair description?
是的
Yes.
你想签字吗
Do you want to sign it?
签字
Sign.
谢谢你做的这一切
Thank you so much for doing all of this.
其实已经不是你的责任了
It's really not your responsibility anymore.
不客气
You're welcome.
-那么... -终于成孤儿了
- So... - An orphan at last!
我一直以来的梦想
It's what I always dreamed of.
过了这么多年 我感觉自己圆♥满♥了
After all this time, I feel complete.
我希望这不是你的追悼词
I hope that's not your speech.
我的追悼词...
Ah, well, my speech...
因为仪式安排里有写
Because it is printed in the order of service.
我知道
I know.
-这我帮不了你 -我也不会要你这么做
- I can't do that for you. - I wouldn't ask you to.
那你写了吗
So you've written one?
我觉得即兴演讲更好
I thought it'd probably be better to improvise,
发自内心地讲话
speak from the heart.
-那是个好主意吗 -发自我的内心
- Is that a good idea? - With my heart?
可能会吓跑一群人
There'll probably be a stampede for the exit.
看到我意外吗
Surprised to see me?
我已经成了追悼会常客
I've become rather a memorial creeper.
我这个年龄的人必然会这样
One's bound to at my age.
坐在家里
It's no use sitting at home,
大笑讣告作者犯的错没什么意义
guffawing over the mistakes of ignorant obituarists.
谢谢 不 必须赞美生命
Thank you. No, one has to celebrate the life!
"校园淫♥妇♥走了
"There goes the school tart.
他们说他打了一场漂亮的仗 但我心知肚明"
They say he had a good war, but I know better!"
当然我不是说这不感人
Of course I'm not saying it's not all very moving.
出席者寥寥
Thinly attended.
那些是你妈妈的教友吗
Are those your mother's religious friends?
那是什么颜色 茄紫色吗
What color would you call that? Aubergine?
抱歉 尼古拉斯 我得和...
Forgive me, Nicholas, I really must talk to--
尽量别抱怨钱的问题
Try not to be bitter about the money.
我的一两个朋友
One or two of my friends
他们就是这方面没处理好
who've made a mess of that side of things
最后沦落到国民医疗病房♥里死去
have ended up dying in National Health wards,
而且我必须要说 我很赞赏
and I must say I've been very impressed
那些主要由外籍人员搞的人道活动
by the humanity of the mainly foreign staff.
提醒你 钱还有什么用
Mind you, what else is there to do with money,
只能有就任性花 没有就抱怨
but spend it when you have it and be bitter when you don't?
我想我的意思是 确实要抱怨钱的问题
I suppose what I'm saying is - do be bitter about the money.
毕竟 都多少了
After all, what is it now,
六代人了 每个后代都极其平庸
six generations with every single descendant essentially idle?
你和你的孩子们一定高兴坏了
It must be rather thrilling for you and your children,
这么长时间都不用参与竞争
after such a long exemption from competition,
-终于开始上进 -再见 尼古拉斯
- to get really stuck in! - Goodbye, Nicholas.
你千万别对心生欢喜感到愧疚
And you mustn't feel guilty about feeling pleased.
如果真有仁慈的解脱
If ever there was a merciful release,
那一定就是你可怜的母亲
it was in the case of your poor mother.
埃莉诺 该走了
Eleanor, it's time to go.
航♥班♥三点起飞
The flight leaves at three.
不 别做...
Do...nothing. Noth...
什么
What was that?
别做 别走
Do...nothing. No go.
你是说... 你改变主意了
You mean... you've changed your mind?
不去..."瑞仕"
No...Swiss-land.
我完全有理由对这件事感觉莫名其妙
I'm entitled to feel a little ambiguous about this,
不是吗
don't you think?
她让我来安排
I mean, she asked me to organize this,
-找好了医生 写好同意书 -我知道
- the doctors, the letter of consent-- - I know.
操纵我 把她的死亡过程变成这个即兴工程
..Manipulated me, turned her death into this passion project,
现在她又改变主意了
and now she changes her mind.
她害怕了 她不想自己来
She's frightened. She doesn't want to do it herself.
她想别人替她完成
She wants someone else to do it for her.
相信我 我乐意之至
Oh, believe me, I'm sorely tempted.
为什么这地方没个酒吧 可能赚钱了
Why isn't there a bar in this place? It would make a fortune.
-过来跟她谈谈 -有什么意义
- Come... Come and talk to her. - What's the point?
如果她曾有过任何有意义的话对我说
If she ever had anything meaningful to say to me,
现在也太晚了
it's too late now.
你在想埃莉诺吗
Were you thinking about Eleanor?
安妮特 我们在法国见过 记得吗
Annette. We met in France, remember?
记得 希望你喜欢我们家
Yes. I hope you're enjoying my family home.
喜欢
Oh, we are!
谢默斯向你问好
Seamus sends his love.