她知道 她肯定知道
She knew! She must have known.
她肯定知道 哪怕是潜意识的察觉
Surely she must have, even subconsciously.
她知道他是什么德行
She knew what he was like
却没能做一件她最有义务做的事
and yet she failed to do the one thing she was obliged to do,
保护她的儿子
to protect her son!
我虽然是个很没用的父亲
Christ knows, I've been a fucking useless father
很没用的丈夫
and a useless husband.
我也真的很抱歉
And I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.
但要是我觉得有人要伤害我们的孩子
But if I thought someone was gonna harm our children,
我一定会反抗
I would fight.
无论要付出什么代价
Even I would do whatever it takes
因为如果你爱他们 就一定会保护他们
because if you love someone, you protect them.
但我妈呢
But my mother?
天啊 怪不得他离不开她
Christ, no wonder he stuck with her!
周围那么多的小孩 再白送一个儿子
All those children around and a son thrown into the bargain.
他可能都不相信自己运气那么好
He couldn't believe his fucking luck!
那么那么多年
Years and years and years of it,
只要他想 随时都能为所欲为
doing whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted.
没人可以对别人做那种事
Nobody should do that to anybody else.
不要
No...
天啊 玛丽
Christ, Mary.
我以为我好起来了 可我还是一团糟
I thought I was getting better, but I'm such a fucking mess.
纪念埃莉诺·梅尔罗斯
2005年4月9号♥ 12点
你多久会出现一次自杀的念头
How often would you say you have suicidal thoughts?
我更年轻时总有那样的想法
When I was younger it was all the time,
我从没质疑过它
I never questioned it.
但之后我们有了儿子
But then, when we had the boys
它变成了耳边低语
it was...more of a whisper.
在安静的海边小道上
On a quiet coastal path,
在药店...
in the chemist...
在高速上骑车时都会轻轻响起
..Driving on the motorway.
现在呢
And now?
我看着窗户
I look at the window and
在想这层楼够不够高
wonder whether this floor is high enough.
你会没事吗
Are you gonna be alright?
待会就知道了
Let's find out.
-爸爸 -托马斯
- Daddy! - Thomas!
你好吗 你外婆呢
Hello, how are you? How's your other granny?
老样子
The same.
帕特里克 发生剥夺继承权那种事以后
Patrick! After the disinheritance,
我再去参加葬礼就显得太虚伪了
it would have been hypocritical of me to go to the funeral.
但派对是另一回事
But the party's a different matter.
我很想支持你
I want to support you.
何况地点就在转角 这件事变得容易多了
And, of course, it helps with it being just around the corner.
帕特里克 不同凡响的演讲 真动人
Patrick, what an unusual speech. So eloquent.
而且我很荣幸能在这个年纪
And how thrilling to be introduced,
还被邀请加入一个新俱乐部
at my advanced age, to a new club.
翁斯洛俱乐部 我之前从没听说过...
The Onslow Club! I've never heard it mentioned...
-这是你大儿子吗 -对 叫罗伯特
- Is this your eldest? - Yes. Robert.
大卫不能在这共享天伦之乐真是很遗憾
What a pity David isn't here to enjoy your sons.
他至少能保证
He would at least have ensured
他们不会一整天都待在电视机前
that they didn't spend the whole day in front of the television.
我清楚地记得 我们原来见过一些小孩
I vividly remember, when we had once seen some children
几乎是天天看着电视长大的
practically give birth to a cathode ray tube,
他跟我说 "我都不敢想象
he said to me, "I dread to think
这些辐射会对他们的小♥弟♥弟♥造成什么影响"
what all that radiation is doing to their little genitals."
罗伯特 你先去前面找你妈妈吧
Robert, why don't you run ahead and find your mother?
你女儿怎么样 尼古拉斯
How's your daughter, Nicholas?
我觉得
Well, I presume.
我们已经很多年没说过话了
We've not spoken for years.
我不禁想象
I can't help thinking
你父亲能给这个场合增色多少
how much your father would have savored this occasion.
无论他作为父亲有多少过失
Whatever his drawbacks as a parent,
他从来都不失幽默感
he never lost his sense of humor.
从未拥有的东西自然很难失去
Easy not to lose what you never had.
我不同意 他能看见一切事物的有趣之处
I disagree. He saw the funny side in everything.
他只会在不该笑的事情上看到好笑的一面
He only ever saw the funny side of things that didn't have one.
残忍♥和欢笑总是密不可分
Cruelty and laughter have always been close neighbors.
密不可分不代表乱♥伦♥
Close without being incestuous.
你父亲对大多数人的观点
Your father had a rare and precious disdain
持稀有而可贵的蔑视
for the opinions of most people--
尼古拉斯 我明白
Nicholas, I understand
你一定非常怀念我的另一位亲人
how much you must miss my other amazing parent,
-但抱歉失陪... -美德
- but if you'll forgive me... - ..Morality...
-我必须去招待 -一位伟人
- ..I have to deal with - A colossus.
那些来哀悼我母亲的人
the people that have come here to mourn my mother.
你没事吧 尼克
Are you alright, there, Nick?
是不是有点把自己搞糊涂了
Did you get yourself in a bit of a muddle?
别叫我尼克
Do not call me Nick!
失陪下
Excuse me.
我喘不上气
I can't breathe.
感觉像有人扼住我的喉咙
It feels like someone's squeezing my throat.
我看到...看到尼古拉斯·普拉特
To see that... to see that ghoul Nicholas Pratt,
那个我父亲留在这世界的变♥态♥代言人在碰罗伯特
my father's representative on earth, touching Robert.
我不能跟他呆在一个房♥间
I can't be in the same room.
-葡萄酒还是香槟 -老天
- Wine or champagne? - Oh, God!
-他是说不用 谢谢 -晚点吧
- He means no, thank you. - Maybe later.
晚很多 喝点水
Very much later. Have some water.
天啊 我认识她
Christ. I know her.
是那个阿米替林 她来这干什么
It's Amitriptyline. What the fuck is she doing here?
谁
Who?
不不不不 我需要新鲜空气
No. No, no, no. I need to get some fresh air.
我去街区周围走走
I'm going to go for a walk round the block.
问题是
The thing is...
我极度厌恶我的孩子
I absolutely loathe my children.
他们是魔鬼 完全令人恐怖
They're monsters, they're complete horrors.
当然 我也有份
And, of course, I've played my part.
我在床上躺了十个月 一言不发
I lay in bed for ten months, I didn't utter a single syllable.
当我开始喝酒就停不下来
And when I did start I couldn't stop
因为酒瘾积少成多
because it had all just piled up.
我第二天早上在客房♥醒来
I woke up next morning in the guest room
身边有粪便 人的粪便
and there was excrement, human excrement,
弄得手绘墙纸上到处都是
smeared all over the hand-painted wallpaper.
过了一会我才意识到那是我的
And it took me a while to realize that it was mine.
我想除酒精外 我们还需注意
I think we need to be aware of the alcoholic
含酒精食物
behind the alcohol.
你做水果蛋糕时可以不加白兰地
You can take the brandy out of the fruitcake,
但它依然是水果蛋糕
but you've still got the fruitcake.
-我认为不可以 -什么
- I don't think you can. - What?
做水果蛋糕不加白兰地
Take the brandy out of the fruitcake.
就像做蛋奶酥不加蛋
Same as you can't take eggs out of a soufflé.
-只是打个比方 -打个比方
- Well, it's only a metaphor. - Only a metaphor!
-帕特里克 -但这说不通
- Patrick-- - But it doesn't work!
我们继续吧 好吗
Could we move on? Please?
贝姬
Becky.
自残 难治性抑郁症
Self-harming, resistant depressive.
帕特里克
Patrick.
自恋 精神分♥裂♥ 自杀性酗酒
Narcissistic, schizoid, suicidal alcoholic.
他们让你吃几种药
How many types of medication do they have you on?
三种 两种抗抑郁药 一种镇静剂
Three. Two anti-depressants and a tranquillizer.
-我吃八种 -那看来你赢了
- I'm on eight. - Then I suppose you win.
我想我的很多恋爱问题源于
I think a lot of my relationship problems stem from the fact
我恋爱的对象
that the person I'm having a relationship with
不知道我们是在恋爱
doesn't know we're in a relationship.
靠 吉尔
Fuck, Jill!
难怪你是第九次来这了
No wonder you're here for the ninth time!
你得为此道歉
You're going to have to apologize for that.
为什么 我就这么想的
Why? I meant it.
正因如此你才必须道歉
That's why you have to apologize.
但如果我道歉了说明我不是这么想的
But I wouldn't mean it if I apologized.