They scare me the most.
而其中似有不妥之处
And there is something wrong about them.
可我却说不出是哪里不妥
I cannot put my finger on what is wrong about them.
似有不妥 这些信就没有哪里是妥的
Something wrong with them? Everything's wrong with them!
"我将成为无面野兽" 这家伙疯了
"I will be a faceless beast." This bloke's off his crust!
你已经不行了
You're out of sorts.
太清闲了
Too much on your own.
如果你很忙 就会看清这些信的本质
Now, if you were busy, you'd see these for what they are -
恶毒残忍♥的人
nasty, cruel people,
和一个疯子 在跟你玩恶毒的游戏
and some mad bloke playing a vicious game with you,
你就会把它们直接扔进垃圾桶
and you'd chuck the whole sorry lot of them.
我烤了火腿
I've baked a ham.
还有点马铃薯
Got some spuds.
卷甘蓝
Nice red cabbage.
留下来吃晚饭吧
Come and have supper.
果酱蛋糕卷配蛋奶沙司布丁
Jam roly-poly with custard for pudding.
-英国食物真可怕 -来吧
- Quelle horreur! English food. - Come on.
我们会拨乱反正的
We'll set the world to rights.
我还有圣诞节喝剩下的白兰地呢
Even got some brandy left over from Christmas.
我也希望有人能陪陪我 说实话
I could use the company too, if I'm honest.
如果这算是帮了你 那我接受邀请
If it is a favour to you, then I accept.
好极了
Smashing.
但首先 我要烧了这些
But first, I'm burning these.
一封不剩
Every last single one of them.
贾普...
Japp...
谢谢你 我的朋友
thank you, my friend.
帮我把棚子关上 我们这就过去
Close the shed for me and we'll head straight off.
贾普
Japp?
贾普
Japp?
贾普
Japp?
早上好 女士
Good morning to you, madam.
我可是有幸在和爱丽丝·阿舍太太谈话
Do I have the privilege of addressing Mrs Alice Asher?
是的 但不用费口舌推销了 帅哥
Yes, but don't waste your breath on the patter, sunshine.
我什么也不会买♥♥的
I'm not buying anything
而且我正准备吃三明治呢 走吧
and I've a sandwich waiting, so on your way.
您还不知道我卖♥♥的是什么呢 阿舍太太
You don't know what I'm selling yet, Mrs Asher.
有得必有失
The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.
耶♥和♥华♥上帝是应当称颂的
Blessed be the Lord.
肉体凡胎在世之时不过短短一瞬...
Man that is born of woman hath but a short time to live...
克罗姆警督 别让我在墓园里追着你跑
Inspector Crome! Do not make me chase you through a graveyard!
这对我俩而言都太不体面了
It's beneath both our dignities!
波洛先生
Mr Poirot.
我需要你联络你在安多弗的同事
I need you to speak to your colleagues in Andover.
为什么事
About what?
谋杀
Murder.
这里曾是贾普的办公室
This was Japp's office.
没错
It was.
你还在大房♥子里办谋杀派对吗
You still do those murder parties, in the big houses?
像你以前有名时那样
Like when you were a celebrity?
做这种事真怪
Odd thing to do
有钱人假装被谋杀
rich people pretending to be murdered.
-真可怕 -已经没有这种需求了
- Grisly. - There's no longer the demand.
波洛先生
Mr Poirot...
你好像化开了
..You appear to be melting.
不过一定很欢乐吧
Must have been jolly though,
跟上流社会的人寻欢作乐
cavorting with the gentry.
那些青春靓丽的姑娘
The bright young things.
贵族子弟
The aristos.
玩死亡游戏
Playing at death.
当时挺有意思的吧
Fun...while it lasted.
克罗姆警督
Inspector Crome,
我是不是冒犯到你了
have I caused you some offence?
你是指我本人
Do you mean me personally,
还是指我们警队
or me collectively, as in the force?
都有
Both.
你觉得自己哪里得罪我们了 波洛先生
What offence do you think you might have caused, Mr Poirot?
你可是伟大的侦探 能智破疑案
You're the great detective, the solver of impenetrable clues.
你自己想
You work it out.
亚兰德
Yelland.
我跟安多弗的同僚详谈过了 长官
So I've spoken in depth to our colleagues at Andover, sir,
他们提供了1933年3月31日发生的
and received details of all crimes committed
所有罪案的细节
on the 31st of March, 1933,
其中包括 一条狗带着几件衣服跑了
to wit - a dog running off with some laundry,
一辆自行车被丢进河里
a bicycle thrown in a river,
-有人为了一副假牙发生争执 -假牙
- an altercation involving a set of dentures. - Dentures?
是的 长官 歹徒是驼背哥赫伯特·莫里斯
Yes, sir, the miscreant being one Herbert "Humpy" Morris,
他要求一位路过的女士对他微笑
who requested that a passing lady give him a smile
而女士给他的回应不太礼貌
to which she responded with some choice Anglo-Saxon,
于是莫里斯用自己的假牙丢她
whereupon Morris threw his dentures at her,
女士怒踩他的假牙 事情便一发不可收拾了
the lady stamped on them and it all turned into quite the to-do.
还有呢
What else?
还有一些常见的酗酒滋事 妨害治安
The usual run of drunk and disorderlies and breaches of the peace,
斗殴 卖♥♥淫
punch-ups, soliciting
还有个男孩打破了阿舍烟草店的窗户
and a boy broke the window of Asher's Tobacconists
但阿舍太太没应门
but Mrs Asher didn't answer the door
所以警官断定她是去了酒馆
so the constable concluded she was in the public house,
她常去那里
as she was often wont to be,
警员用硬纸板封住了窗户
taped some cardboard over the window
打了男孩一记耳光就把他放了
and let the young lad off with a clip round the lug-hole.
-没有谋杀案 -没有 长官
- No murders. - No, sir.
没有图书馆里的尸体
No corpse in the library.
没有眼窝被♥插♥进了银烛台的女继承人
No silver candlestick rammed in some heiress' eye socket.
也没有人在温室里被开膛剖腹
No twitching guts in the conservatory.
是的 长官
No, sir.
那好吧
Well, there we are then.
希望这个答案能让你安心
I hope that puts your mind at rest.
你知道今天是什么日子吧
You know what day it is today, don't you?
4月1日
The first of April.
愚人节
Fools' Day.
我觉得你是被愚弄了
I think you've just been taken.
感谢你百忙之中为我费心了
Your time and effort in this matter are appreciated.
他的下巴怎么都灰了
Why's his chin all grey?
别问了
Don't ask.
向你致敬 万福玛利亚
Je vous salue, Marie, pleine de grace.
耶♥和♥华♥与你同在
Le Seigneur est avec vous.
女性万福之尊
Vous etes benie entre toutes les femmes...
你觉得自己哪里得罪我们了 波洛先生
What offence do you think you might have caused, Mr Poirot?
向你致敬 万福玛利亚
Je vous salue, Marie, pleine de grace.
你觉得自己哪里得罪我们了 波洛先生
What offence do you think you might have caused, Mr Poirot?
哪里得罪
What offence?
向你致敬 万福玛利亚
Je vous salue, Marie, pleine de grace.
耶♥和♥华♥与你同在
Le Seigneur est avec vous.
妨害治安 斗殴 卖♥♥淫
Breaches of the peace, punch-ups, soliciting,
还有一个男孩打破了阿舍烟草店的窗户
and a boy broke the window of Asher's tobacconists,
但是阿舍太太没有应门
but Mrs Asher didn't answer the door
所以警官断定她是去了酒馆
so the constable concluded she was in the public house.
他的下巴怎么都灰了
Why is his chin all grey?
别问了
Don't ask.
你觉得自己哪里得罪我们了 波洛先生
What offence do you think you might have caused, Mr Poirot?
你觉得自己哪里得罪我们了 波洛先生
What offence do you think you might have caused, Mr Poirot?
阿舍烟草店的窗户
The window of Asher's tobacconists.
你觉得自己哪里得罪我们了 波洛先生
What offence do you think you might have caused, Mr Poirot?
你觉得自己哪里得罪我们了 波洛先生
What offence do you think you might have caused, Mr Poirot?
杀人犯
Assassin!
杀人犯
Assassin.
希望你和我一样激动 赫尔里克
"I hope you're as excited as I am, Hercule.
我希望你也准备好了
"I hope you're ready too.
3月31号♥
"31st March...
祝好 ABC"
"Chin-chin. ABC."
ABC
ABC.
还有一些常见的酗酒滋事 妨害治安