Nigel. Get a wiggle on.
他还要赶火车呢
He's got a train to catch.
妈妈 我不知道你想做什么
Mum, I don't know what you're up to,
但是 别忽视了奈杰 好吗
but don't forget about Nige, will you?
谢谢
Thanks.
我们出去玩几天 去海边晒晒太阳
Let's go away for a few days. Get some sun on the coast.
等我收到牛津的回信
Oh, erm, I'm going camping with my friends -
-我就和朋友们去野营 -好吧
- once I've heard from Oxford. - Right.
什么时候会有回信
When will you hear?
随时都有可能 祝我好运吧
Any day now, fingers crossed.
你没问题的 奈杰尔
You'll be fine, Nigel.
他们疯了才会拒绝你
They'd be mad to turn you down.
建筑工程部
白厅
伦敦 SW5
是谁
Who is it?
我是威尔森夫人 我战时住在这里
It's Mrs Wilson, I lived here during the war.
我想找一下房♥东
I'm trying to track down the landlord.
你欠我房♥租 威尔森夫人
You owe me rent, Mrs Wilson.
我几年前搬到上面来了
I moved up here a few years back.
地下室太潮 对我的胸口不好
The damp in the basement, bad for me chest.
我明白
I see.
什么风把你吹来了
What brings you back here?
这么多年以后回来拿他的书吗
Not come to collect his books after all these years?
《尊敬的华♥莱♥士♥总督 》
亚历山大·威尔森著
对 我把它们全看完了
Oh, yeah, I've read them all.
你们家亚历克很会编故事啊
Could spin a good yarn, your Alec.
都停不下来 一直看完为止
You can't stop turning the pages trying to work out...
我只剩下这点了
That's all I've got.
后天我会给你的
I'll give it to you the day after tomorrow.
后天 后天
The day after tomorrow. The day after tomorrow.
后后天
The day after that!
我在找亚历克的一位同事
I'm looking for someone, a colleague of Alec's.
她以前常来这里
She used to come here.
过来这坐
Come here. Sit down.
你记得她吗
Do you remember her?
见过她吗
Did you see her?
我的租金呢
And my rent?
你要多少
How much do you want?
十先令 我就告诉你
Ten shillings, and I'll let it go.
那
So...
你想问多萝西的事
you want to know about Dorothy?
你认识她
You knew her?
认识 打仗的时候 她住在这里
Yeah. She lived here during the war.
不 那是我 打仗时 我住在这里
No, that was me, I lived here during the war.
先是她 然后才到你
First her, then you.
她和亚历克在打仗前就搬进来了
She and Alec moved in just before the war
从印度过来的
straight back from India.
一起吗
Together?
她 亚历克和那个小男孩
Her, Alec, and the little boy.
他们都是棕褐色皮肤
Brown as berries, they were.
一个小男孩
A boy?
是的
Yeah.
找到了
There you are.
嗯
Yeah.
1939年5月
May, 1939.
亚历克和多萝西·威尔森
Alec and Dorothy Wilson.
迈克尔 六岁
Michael, aged six.
这是她的转投地址 那里
That was her forwarding address, there.
应该是温斯利代尔
Wensleydale, I think.
我的记录在哪 我是40年代时搬来这里
But where am I? I moved here in '40,
这上面没有我 我都没有记录
I'm not marked, I'm not even here.
亚历克从没和我说起过你
Yeah, well, Alec never told me about you.
有一天你就这样带着租金出现了
You just came down one day with the rent money,
怀里还抱着孩子
and baby on your arm.
不 但这孩子
No, but this boy,
这个迈克尔 他不跟亚历克姓
this Michael, he doesn't have Alec's surname?
也许他是多萝西的儿子
Maybe he was Dorothy's son
他们只是以同事身份住在一起
and they just lived here as colleagues?
有可能
Could be.
他们的争吵不少
They had terrible rows.
她付出很多
She gave as good as she got.
她是个坚强的女子 真能忍♥他
She was a strong woman, really took him on.
亲爱的老亚历克怎么样了
How is dear old Alec anyway?
他过世了
He's dead.
你好吗 艾丽森
How are you, Alison?
妈
Mum?
-你没看到信吗 -什么信
- Didn't you see the letter? - What letter?
在牛津大学圣凯瑟琳学院攻读历史的录取通知书
An offer to read history at St Catherine's College, Oxford.
奈杰尔 我太兴奋了
Oh, Nigel, I'm thrilled.
简直欣喜若狂 真的
I'm over the moon. I really am.
-你什么时候回来 -我说过了 周一
- When are you back? - I already told you, Monday.
你一个人没事吧
You will be OK on your own?
当然 玩开心点
Yes, of course I will. Have some fun.
那你要做什么
What will you do?
有很多事可做...
Plenty to get on with -
你看我们的窗户有多脏
Have you seen the state of the windows?
下一站即将到达温斯利代尔
Our next station will be Wensleydale.
五分钟后到站
Wensleydale in five minutes.
-我是 -我知道你是谁
- I'm Mrs... - I know who you are.
我想和你谈谈
I just... I want to talk to you.
我真的跟你无话可说
I've got absolutely nothing to say to you.
拜托 我从伦敦过来的
Please, I've just come from London.
你不请自来参加我丈夫的葬礼
You turned up uninvited to my husband's funeral.
你最起码得回答我的问题
The least you could do is answer my questions.
我儿子一会儿就过来了
My son's coming over later.
我们站在这里说也行
We can talk out here if you like.
我以为会有你演出的照片
I was expecting to see photos of your plays.
-没有 我放弃表演很久了 -我知道
- Oh, no, I gave up acting a long time ago. - I see.
是吗
Do you?
你想知道些什么
So what do you want to know?
情报局让你和亚历克结组在印度工作是吗
Did the service pair you up with Alec out in India?
-我猜你和卡里姆谈过了 -没有 我...
- I guess you've talked to Karim. - No, not really, I...
省省吧...他肯定在帝国俱乐部喝得醉生梦死
Well, don't...drinking his life away at the Empire Club.
所以他的确是你的监护者 你是情报局的
So he was your handler? You were in the service, though.
我不知道你听说了什么
I don't know what you've been told,
但这件事没什么大秘密
but there's no great mystery.
我只是一个在拉合尔参加轮演剧目的女演员
I was just an actress in rep living in Lahore.
你不能向我暴露
You're not allowed to reveal it to me,
-你的身份... -我不是间谍 好吗
- confirm your status... - I wasn't a spy, all right?
亚历克来看我演出
Alec came to see me in a play.
我当时年轻又天真
I was young, I was naive.
我们上♥床♥了
We ended up in bed.
几个月之后
And then a few months later
我们在拉合尔教堂结婚了
we were married at Lahore Cathedral.
所以你们不是工作关系
So it wasn't a professional relationship?
不是 我不觉得
No, I wouldn't call it that.
还有别的事吗
Is there anything else?
迈克是亚历克的儿子吗
Is Mike Alec's son?
当然是
Of course he is.
亚历克来看过你们 对吗
Alec visited, did he?
每个生日都不忘寄送贺卡
Sent cards, never missed a birthday,
做小迈克的完美父亲
a wonderful father for little Mike.
我不会谈迈克
I'm not talking about Mike.
你要是有这个想法 最好赶紧走吧
If that's what you're after, you'd better leave.
我叫你赶快走
I said you'd better bloody leave!
他也对你撒谎了吗
Did he lie to you too?
坐吧
Take a seat.
没有
No.
当时没有
Not back then.
我们刚认识的时候 他很诚实和体贴
When we first met he was honest, kind.
甚至很关照家里的妹妹
Even looked out for his sister back home.