-他的妹妹 -格拉迪丝
- His sister? - Gladys.
格拉迪丝
Gladys?
她的丈夫刚刚去世 所以她为了要钱
Her husband had just died so she used to write to Alec,
经常写信给亚历克
asking for money.
我们为此吵过架 我们当时经济状况并不好
We rowed about that, we weren't exactly rolling in it.
夫人 我甚至不知道该怎么称呼你
Mrs... I don't even know what to call you.
-多萝西 -多萝西
- Dorothy. - Dorothy.
-我可以告诉你一些事 -什么事
- There's things I could tell you. - What?
关于你们婚姻的事
About your marriage.
我们曾经很幸福 艾丽森
We were happy, Alison.
我们从印度回来之前 他遇见你之前
In India, before we came home, before he met you,
我们就只是一个平凡 幸福的家庭
we were just a normal, happy family.
我要说的就是你们并不是
That's the point, you weren't.
他说过他不开心吗
Did he say he wasn't happy?
他说过他没爱过我吗
Did he say he didn't love me?
他根本没有提起过你
He didn't talk about you at all.
好吧 他告诉了我关于你的一切
Well, he told me all about you.
麦凯尔维小姐 新来的秘书
Miss McKelvie, the new secretary.
没有足够的能力 只能勉强应付工作量
Out of her depth, struggling with the workload.
科尔曼很快就把你培养成型 你学得很快
Coleman soon whipped you into shape and you learned fast. Oh, yeah,
是的 你的一切我都知道
I knew all about you,
你最开始的几周是在监听部门
your first few weeks at the listening service.
你们那时还在一起
You were still together then.
后来他带你去作家俱乐部吃午饭
And then he took you out for lunch at the Author's Club.
我们还碰到了对方
We bumped into each other.
碰到了 你以为那只是个巧合吗
Bumped into each other. You think that was a coincidence?
我不知道 我不知道
I don't know, I don't know.
我在关注他 艾丽森
I was watching him, Alison.
-跟踪他 -是的
- Spying on him? - Yes.
我尾随他去上班 我在午餐时等他
I was following him to work, I was waiting for him at lunch,
我跟踪他的一举一动
I was tracking his every move.
劳驾 劳驾
Excuse me. Excuse me.
威尔森少校 我能问问你关于你的书的事吗
Major Wilson, can I ask you about your book?
可以
You could.
不过没什么意思
It's not very interesting
我不过就是坐在打字机前编故事
I just sit at my typewriter and make things up...
-你还好吧 -我去一下洗手间
- Are you all right? - I'm just going to the bathroom.
你还好吧
Are you all right?
我刚刚在上司面前出洋相了
Just made a fool of myself in front of my boss.
不 不是那个意思 就是有点糗
No, nothing like that. Just a clumsy idiot - spilled my drink.
多
Do...
你好啊
Hello, you.
怎么黑着灯站在这儿
Standing in the dark?
你过得怎么样 今天忙吗
How are you? Busy day?
现在吃饭吗
Time for lunch?
在作家俱乐部
Author's Club.
我看到你了 多萝西
I saw you, Dorothy.
她是谁
Who is she?
我的新秘书麦凯尔维小姐 我跟你提起过她
My new secretary, Miss McKelvie - I told you about her.
我认为你该去温斯利代尔 和你母亲在一起
I think you should go up to Wensleydale - stay with your mum.
轰炸不会一直持续下去吧
The bombs can't go on forever, can they?
我们在避难所很开心 对不对 迈克
We're happy in the shelter, aren't we, Mike?
-是的 -是的
- Yeah. - Yeah.
我所看到的东西 多萝西 拜托 为了...
The things I've seen, Dorothy. Please, for...
勇敢的孩子
Brave boy.
来
Come here.
写信给我 好吗
Write to me, won't you?
如果你感到害怕
And if you get scared...
就给自己讲个故事
Tell yourself a story.
列车即将出发
The next train is about to leave.
等迈克在我妈那安置好 我就回来
I'll settle Mike with Mum and then I'll come back.
你不相信我是吗
You don't trust me, do you?
我爱你 傻瓜
I love you, you idiot.
走吧
Come on.
-爸爸 -再见
- Dad! - See you soon.
-我爱你 -走吧
- I love you. - Come on.
我以最快的速度回到了亚历克身边
I returned to Alec as soon as I could.
跟踪了他几个月
I followed him for months.
-这真美 -不 你真美
- This looks wonderful. - No, you look wonderful.
亚历克
Oh, Alec.
我还没跟离婚的男人共进过晚餐
I've just never had dinner with a divorced man before.
再打一下
Again.
打重一点
Harder.
滚 滚
Get out. Get out.
去执行你的公务吧
Go and do your duty.
等你再回来
When you come back...
我就走了
..I'll be gone.
对不起
I'm sorry.
对不起 继续吧
Sorry. Now.
-很久以前的事了 -你为什么不阻止他
- It's so long ago. - Why didn't you try and stop him?
你看见我了
You saw me.
-你看到我们在一起 还由着他 -他是我丈夫
- You saw us together and you let him... - He was my husband.
我那时才21岁 在伦敦举目无亲
I was 21 years old. I knew no-one in London.
-我有个孩子 -你该说些什么的 你该...
- I had a child. - You should have said something, you should have...
-提醒我的 -我们结束了
- Warned me. - We were over...
我不得不离开 我需要钱
I had to walk away. I needed money.
是 但我见过你 我看见你到公♥寓♥来
Yeah, but I saw you, I saw you come to the flat.
-我跟迈克身无分文 -他给你钱了
- Mike and I, we had nothing. - He gave you money.
-杯水车薪而已 -给多少 多久给一次
- A pittance! - How much? How often?
就一次 就打发了五英镑
Once. Five measly fucking pounds!
天 我都恨死他了
God, I hated him.
我当时非常愤怒 怒火中烧
I was livid, I was boiling over with rage.
我不能让迈克看出来 被我的怒火所波及
I couldn't let Mike see it, be infected by my anger,
这是我要坚持的的底线
I was determined about that.
一切都非常正常
Everything's perfectly normal.
但是要我告诉他他爸爸离开了 在伦敦定居了
Daddy lives away, digs down in London.
然后还要给他说好话吗
All the while singing his praises?
不可能 我知道我办不到
No. No, I knew I couldn't do that.
你告诉他实情了吗
Did you tell him the truth?
别傻了 告诉他干什么 毁了他一辈子吗
Don't be stupid. What, ruin his life?
让他和自己的父亲反♥目♥成仇吗
Turn him against his own father?
那你是怎么做的
What did you do, then?
什么都没做
Nothing.
你都告诉他什么了
What did you tell him?
迈克是我的一切
Mike means everything to me.
我这么做是保护他
I did it to protect him.
我准备了一套说辞
I learned some lines.
那天迈克从学校回到家 我只是
Mike came home from school and I was just...
像往常那样坐在这
sat here as usual and...
然后我
and I just...
"电报员来过了"
"The telegram man's been."
你明白吗
You see?
不
No.
"爸爸在阿♥拉♥曼救了他的朋友"
"Daddy was saving his friend at Alamein."
"我很遗憾 迈克"
"I'm so sorry, Mike."
"我们失去了他"
"We've lost him."
"爸爸不会再回家了"
"Daddy won't be coming home again."
这些年来 甚至直到今天
All these years, even now,
迈克都以为亚历克在1942年去世
Mike thinks Alec died in 1942?
你把这个秘密保守了20年
You've kept that secret for 20 years?
我只是想要
I just wanted a...
普通的生活
normal life...
远离闹剧和谎言
Away from all the drama and the lies.
但多萝西 你对你儿子说的才是最大的谎言
But, Dorothy, you told your son the biggest lie of the lot.
可以请你现在离开吗
Can you leave now, please?
请你离开
Please leave.
你很后悔吧 对迈克说谎
You regret it, don't you? Lying to Mike?
让他以为自己失去了父亲
Depriving him of his father?
和亚历克一起的生活
Over a life with Alec?
充满了欺骗和不安全感 不
Full of its deceit and uncertainty. No.