我一点都不后悔
I've got no regrets at all.
我做的是所有好妈妈都会做的事
See, I did what any good mother would do.
我给了我儿子一个安全的家
I gave my son a safe home,
一个无忧无虑的童年
a secure childhood.
你呢
Did you?
迈克 是你吗
Mike, isn't it?
我刚从你母亲家离开
I've just come from your mother's house.
你是她工作上的朋友吗
Are you a friend from her work?
不 我认识你父亲
No, I knew your father.
威尔森少校
Major Wilson?
-你和他很熟吗 -是的
- Did you know him well? - Yes.
-在战争期间 -所以刚好是在他去世前
- During the war. - So just before he died?
你知道除了妈妈 我从来没见过认识他的人
Do you know I've never met anyone, apart from Mum, who knew him?
我很想听更多关于他的事
I'd love to hear more about him.
我只有他的小说
All I have are his novels.
你长得很像他
You look just like him.
我们在一起工作过
We worked together.
-抱歉 我要去赶火车 -当然可以
- Sorry, I've just got a train to catch. - Of course.
继续爬
Keep going.
往上爬
Up we go.
快点 继续爬
Come on. Keep going.
快点 快一点
Come on. Come on now.
到了
That's it.
快点 快点上来
Come on. Come on now.
伦敦 1944年
好吧
Ok.
-他要赶我们走 -我想尽了办法
- He's kicking us out? - I've tried everything.
但我母亲已经付过了四月份的房♥租
But Mother already paid April's rent
我们只有一个月的房♥租没交
we're only a month behind now.
他找了个愿意付两倍租金的美国租客
He's found an American who'll pay twice the rent.
但亚历克 怀着孩子 我们能去哪
But, Alec, the baby, where will we go?
没事的
Hey, it's going to be all right.
我在附近找了个地方 一楼
I've found somewhere nearby. Ground floor,
不用拽着他爬楼梯了 好吗
no stairs to drag this one up. OK?
对不起 我就是太累了
I'm sorry, I'm just so exhausted.
我知道你累 不用道歉
I know you are, don't apologise.
这该死的战争
This damn war...
战争一结束 我们就去布莱克菲尔德
As soon as it's over, we'll get to Blakefield,
那里地方大得很
have all the space we need.
戈登可以去花♥园♥玩耍 奶奶能帮忙看小的
A garden for Gordon to play in, Nanny B to help with the baby,
我有了书房♥ 就不会在写作时吵醒你了
and a study for me so I won't keep you awake with my writing.
会好起来的
It's going to be OK.
我知道
I know.
继续走 快
Keep going. Come on.
对了 继续推
That's it. Keep pushing.
快到了 我们的新家
Nearly there, our new home.
妈
Mother!
亚历克呢
Where's Alec?
他在上班
He's at work.
来 亲爱的 我们去隔壁看看玛丽
Come on, darling. Let's go and see Mary next door.
等孩子生出来了 我们再过来看妈妈
We will come back and see Mummy when baby is born.
瞧
There we are.
*睡在红色的床上*
*Lal palang par so ja*
*爸爸妈妈会来的*
*Ammee abboo ayenge...*
奈杰尔
Nigel.
就像尼加
As in Niga.
意思是"来自黑暗"
It means "From darkness".
但会走向光明
But we're heading for light.
总有一天 我们能交得起电费的
One day we might even be able to put money in the electric meter.
他是个饿坏了的宝宝 把我喝干了
He's a hungry baby, he drains me.
所有宝宝都饿
All babies are hungry.
你想要什么 妈妈
What do you want, Mother?
你认为你们能继续这样撑多久
How long do you honestly think you can keep on like this?
什么意思
What do you mean?
你在做什么来养我的外孙
What are you doing to provide for my grandchildren?
我在工作 我跟你保证
I'm working, I assure you.
那你的工资去哪了
And where's your salary go?
妈 我告诉过你
Mother, I told you...
我也希望能多透露一些
I wish I could say more.
等战争结束了
When the war's over we'll
我们就搬去亚历克在汉普郡的家宅
move to Alec's family home in Hampshire.
我们会好起来的
We're going to be fine.
麦凯尔维夫人 我很爱你的女儿
Mrs McKelvie, I love your daughter very much.
和我们的两个儿子
And our two boys.
你看到他们在一起的样子了 妈妈
You've seen him with them, Mother.
给你 先生
There you go, sir.
谢谢
Thank you.
他是个好爸爸
He's a good father.
你看到他给他们喂东西
You've seen him, feeding them,
哼歌♥哄他们睡觉
singing them to sleep.
是的 我知道
Yes, I know
我知道你们是好父母 你俩都是
I know you're good parents, both of you,
但是看到你们活成这个样子真让我心碎
but it breaks my heart to see you living like this,
奈杰尔就睡在个盒子里
Nigel sleeping in a box.
而你呢 艾丽森 瘦得皮包骨
And you, Alison, there's not a spare ounce on you.
-我挺好的 真的 -如果赶上个严冬呢
- I'm all right, I promise you. - What if it's a bad winter?
你感染上肺结核 或者 但愿不会
You get TB or, God forbid,
有个孩子得了哮喘或者肺炎
one of the boys develops asthma or pneumonia.
我和我哥哥讨论过了 我们俩都认为
I've talked it over with my brother and we both agree.
这事越早越好 在你们俩有太深感情之前
But it's best if it happens now, before you get too attached.
什么意思
What does?
当然你应该留着戈登 但是...
You should keep Gordon of course, but...
奈杰尔应该被让别人领养
..Nigel must be adopted.
不行
No.
他可以在别的家庭过上不错的生活 艾丽森
He could have a good life, Alison, in another family.
-一个有条件的家庭 -妈妈 请别说了
- One with means. - Mother, don't, please.
我明白开始会很难受
I know it will be a wrench at first...
但是你还有戈登 慢慢地你就会没事了
..But you'd have Gordon, and in time, you'd get over it.
-亚历克 -请你们为奈杰尔着想
- Alec? - Do it for Nigel, please.
我理解你是为艾丽森好
I know you want the best for Alison,
但我们不会放弃自己的儿子的
but we're not giving up our son.
-永远不会 -这个不用再说了
- No, never. - It's out of the question.
再想想吧
Well, just think about it.
我不能失去我的儿子 我不会的
I can't lose my son. I won't.
我不会允许这样的
I simply won't let it happen.
我只是希望孩子们有个好的未来
I just want to give the boys a good future.
做对他们好的选择
Do the right thing for them.
我们也是
So do we.
你认为你们能继续这样撑...
How long do you honestly think you can keep...?
等战争结束了
When the war's over
我们就搬去亚历克在汉普郡的家宅
we'll move to Alec's family home in Hampshire.
我很爱你的女儿
I love your daughter very much.
"亲爱的威尔逊夫人
"Dear Mrs Wilson,
"我们写信来确认收到了您关于
"We are writing to confirm receipt of your correspondence
"归还战争时期征用的
"Regarding the return of
一处房♥产的来信..."
a property requisitioned during the war..."
战争一结束 我们就去布莱克菲尔德
As soon as it's over, we'll get to Blakefield.
那里地方大得很
Have all the space we need.
"承您的来信
"Further to your letter,
"我必须告知
"I must inform you
"汉普郡的布莱克菲尔德厅现在不属于
"that Blakefield Hall, Hampshire is not owned,
"也从来都没有属于过威尔逊家族的成员"
"nor ever has been owned, by a member of the Wilson family..."
艾丽森
Alison?
艾丽森
Alison.
吉姆能帮你的
Jim would have done that.
我们不想看到你失去亚历克后如此痛苦
We hate to see you struggling without Alec.
多好的一个人啊
Such a good man.
我的天 为什么每个人没完没了地这么说
My God! Why does everyone keep saying that?
奈杰尔 你回家了
Oh, Nigel, you're home.
妈 你怎么了 你的手 割伤了
Mum? What happened? You're cut. Your hand.
就是点弄园艺的伤